Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers (11458 Views)

The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria / All Nigerian Internet Data Bundle Plans & Subscription Codes / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 09, 2013
Dear ISPs,

With a heavy and sad heart, i write to you all on behalf of the general people of Nigeria who day in day out are on the internet serching for tricks and tweaks on how to bypass the restrictions you guys have placed for access your networks.

Personally i love to pay for services i use but dont want to be exploited. You guys have made a lot of money in this nation. Starting from the days you sold sim cards for 30,000 naira till date that we now get the simcards for 100 naira. If development must come to this nation, some things such as this should be put in check.

I have a feeling that after reading this, there will be a positive response in no time from you all.. i want to make a suggestion that all data types ranging from the normal mobile plan through blackberry,blackberry10,android,IOS,pc etc, become capless. let them all become unlimited data and then you can make a flat rate of 1500 naira or 2000 at most monthly "for the main time".. When this is done, the common man will at least be able to afford this and it will help.

Students in our Nigerian schools are often accused of their lecturers as being lazy but is that true? absolutely NO! not all of them can afford the means of internet research which is more direct. i have come to understand that majority of the information i read over the internet tends to stick faster.

Please i want to beg you all to please come to our aid. we want development in our country and if all sectors can employ simple measures as this, we will be where we aspire to in no time.

Thanks in anticipation

Chuzzy

49 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
i recommend this topic for front page... pls moderators

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
Seconded! Front page tinz.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Promxy94(m): 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
True talk our isp are reali eatin us up

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chuzzyrules: Dear ISPs,
With a heavy and sad heart, i write to you all on behalf of the general people of Nigeria who day in day out are on the internet serching for tricks and tweaks on how to bypass the restrictions you guys have placed for access your networks.
Personally i love to pay for services i use but dont want to be exploited. You guys have made a lot of money in this nation. Starting from the days you sold sim cards for 30,000 naira till date that we now get the simcards for 100 naira. If development must come to this nation, some things such as this should be put in check.
I have a feeling that after reading this, there will be a positive response in no time from you all.. i want to make a suggestion that all data types ranging from the normal mobile plan through blackberry,blackberry10,android,IOS,pc etc, become capless. let them all become unlimited data and then you can make a flat rate of 1500 naira or 2000 at most monthly "for the main time".. When this is done, the common man will at least be able to afford this and it will help.
Students in our Nigerian schools are often accused of their lecturers as being lazy but is that true? absolutely NO! not all of them can afford the means of internet research which is more direct. i have come to understand that majority of the information i read over the internet tends to stick faster.
Please i want to beg you all to please come to our aid. we want development in our country and if all sectors can employ simple measures as this, we will be where we aspire to in no time.

Thanks in anticipation
Chuzzy

na ASUU strike cause this thing, no be your falt, your pleas will most def fall on deaf ears

#teamkeepdreaming smiley

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
HeWhoMusntBeNamed:

na ASUU strike cause this thing, no be your falt, your pleas will most def fall on deaf ears

#teamkeepdreaming smiley

what do u mean by ASUU strike i expect a better reasoning and always gear towards the positives... if this is made possible cant u imagine the ease at which information will be explored?

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Owobobrown(m): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
I pray dey help us out
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
Can u imagine etisalat 200mb is sold for 2k. Hat nonsense! Sumtin you can use up within the next hour.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
solidbroda: Can u imagine etisalat 200mb is sold for 2k. Hat nonsense! Sumtin you can use up within the next hour.

its so annoying bro....
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Tbillz(m): 9:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
HeWhoMusntBeNamed:

#teamkeepdreaming smiley
tell me why U dunt deserve 2 b shot?

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
Tbillz: tell me why U dunt deserve 2 b shot?
I SWEAR BRO..

Forgive them Lord..for some know NOT what
they type.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
Tbillz: tell me why U dunt deserve 2 b shot?

its really unfortunate how our citizens reason....little wonder we aint going forward

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by UyiIredia(m): 11:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
2k doesn't look sustainable because it will more likely ovaload the Internet data trunkline. I agree tho' that they should shore up Internet facilities and reduce the price: till then, I'll find tweaks. But, seriously if I find between 6-8k per month uncapped I'll be impressed, moreso if the price is lesser but that's unlikely.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Adegbemigunjosh(m): 7:08am On Oct 01, 2013
HeWhoMusntBeNamed:

#teamkeepdreaming smiley

wat has ASUU strike gat to do wit wat he z sayin...different species of pipu on nairaland...SMH

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Kezifils(m): 9:11am On Oct 01, 2013
True but we depend on Network providers too much for internet service in this country
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 01, 2013
Kezifils: True but we depend on Network providers too much for internet service in this country

is there an alternative?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 11:30am On Oct 01, 2013
Adegbemigunjosh:
wat has ASUU strike gat to do wit wat he z sayin...different species of pipu on nairaland...SMH

guy park well jhoor, no dey deceive yourself.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
HeWhoMusntBeNamed:

pls no need for aggression. your strike will soon be called of.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
HeWhoMusntBeNamed:

Retard!!
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 02, 2013
moderators pls help front page things.....it could get to NCC or any other that could help fight our course...
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 02, 2013
Of what use is the unlimited plan without stable and standard Network. What we need most is fast, stable, standard and reliable 3G and 4G services not all this Glorified edge crap they provide us with. am in support of your motion tho
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Jayses(m): 9:41am On Oct 02, 2013
Capital LOL , So it has goten to this ? ISPs are so strict now sote boys no fit bypas em dy knel beg , U THINK SAY EM NO DEY PAY THEIR EMPLOYEE ?

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by mactoni91(m): 9:43am On Oct 02, 2013
i have come to understand that majority of the information i read over the internet tends to stick faster.
i swear, uno lie

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by timpaker(m): 9:44am On Oct 02, 2013
huh
Interesting... undecided
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by princesschloe: 9:48am On Oct 02, 2013
Nice topic, i really wish something can be done about it. But please does anyone know if glo bis works on android. please and please I don't intend to derail the thread, just need a honest answer. Thanks all.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by kingston247: 9:49am On Oct 02, 2013
Please post this on front page every week ...

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Nikapetrelli(f): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2013
Datz true,is quite exorbitant
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by iyobs7(f): 9:51am On Oct 02, 2013
Until unlimited power supply is guaranteed in Nigeria, we should forget about the cost of internet going down. I am studying in India with a population of more than 1.2billion people and they have uninterrupted power supply. I am using fiber broadband internet of 15mbps with Fair usage policy of 50GB after that the speed drops to 4mbps unlimited and I pay just 1100 rupees per month which is not even up to 3000 naira. Let the government fix electricity issue then you can talk or you want them to burn fuel or diesel then layer give u cheap internet?

9 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Warlord3000(m): 9:56am On Oct 02, 2013
Now... One big guy in the elms of affair for the communication agency is sitting down with a bottle of Alomo bitters reading this letter and laughing his a$$ off... cool

Naija I hail...

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by kingston247: 9:57am On Oct 02, 2013
iyobs7: Until unlimited power supply is guaranteed in Nigeria, we should forget about the cost of internet going down. I am studying in India with a population of more than 1.2billion people and they have uninterrupted power supply. I am using fiber broadband internet of 15mbps with Fair usage policy of 50GB after that the speed drops to 4mbps unlimited and I pay just 1100 rupees per month which is not even up to 3000 naira. Let the government fix electricity issue then you can talk or you want them to burn fuel or diesel then layer give u cheap internet?

True talk share oooooo.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by leggo: 9:58am On Oct 02, 2013
iyobs7: Until unlimited power supply is guaranteed in Nigeria, we should forget about the cost of internet going down. I am studying in India with a population of more than 1.2billion people and they have uninterrupted power supply. I am using fiber broadband internet of 15mbps with Fair usage policy of 50GB after that the speed drops to 4mbps unlimited and I pay just 1100 rupees per month which is not even up to 3000 naira. Let the government fix electricity issue then you can talk or you want them to burn fuel or diesel then layer give u cheap internet?
chai!! if person jam fair usage for naija speed go drop reach 7.5kb/s

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Listening To Conversation On Your Cell Phone / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile / Please Help:which Phone Can Shoot HD Quality Pictures Just Like This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.