Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Help With Blue Screen! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Blue Screen! (1563 Views)

How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? / Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Blue Screen! by DoubleN(m): 7:03pm On Jun 17, 2008
I am having a serious problem with an XP desktop PC .
Scenario
PC goes of without shutting down because of loss in power from the UPS,on charging the UPS and booting it shows "wrong CMOS settings".I set the CMOS settings, /date,/time/Boot order and all that stuff.System boots only to reach the Windows loading page it shows a blue screen and restarts! I am really confused.It doesn't even enter safe mode,the same blue screen takes over and it restarts.
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by uspry1(f): 7:24pm On Jun 17, 2008
Your system is infected virus after you download something yesterday you did not know that file contained virus inside to spread your hard disk drive replicate destroyed system file that make WACK restart itself over and over.

Have you install anti-virus on your system to protect from harm viruses?

Have you responsible to update your anti-virus periodically? Scan them on your system too?

Do you know that there is over one millions viruses without anti-virus protection installed on your system?

Recommend you get Hajack This software and any one of those anti-virus software (Avant, AVG, Nod32, McAfee, Norton, etc.) download to delete your infected system. Then clean up your system using Windows XP/Vista Disk Cleanup.

Google it! Also there are many NL threads answered your problem using NL google.
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by swissray: 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2008
call me on 08055402226 let me give u tips on how to format ur system
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by Maleeq(m): 10:29am On Jun 18, 2008
@Double N

There could be a lot of things responsible for that. To narrow it down, can you note and post the error message you get at the Blue Screen Of Death here on this forum? With that, our suggestions would be more guided.
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by DoubleN(m): 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2008
The systems boots up and shows Wrong CMOS settings, and says Press F1 to enter setup and F2 to load default settings.
I then pressed F1 and entered the setup to set the date time and other boot parameters.After reboot it shows the message"Windows did not shut down properly and shows the options of safe mode,safe mode with command prompt and load last known good configuration.After selecting load last known good configuration it boots shows the XP boot page and then the blue screen pops up and it restarts.On booting again the CMOS settings are still wrong!
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by sholasys: 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2008
use the win xp bootable CD to boot your system. It will get to the option where it will ask you to press ESC to install fresh XP or R to Recovery ,
Just press R and at the "look-like DOS prompt ",
type chkdsk /r or chkdsk /f
U will see some processing on your Hdisk.
It shld work and else follow uspry1 instructions.
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by DoubleN(m): 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2008
I will do that as soon as i get home.Thanks.
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by BABAJ1: 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2008
I also have the same problem the only diffrence is dat it does not even give me the opportunity to format the system pls what do i do
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by NegroNtns(m): 4:18am On Jun 19, 2008
Shola's path will get you to manually force the restart. After you restart there is still a path you need to follow to remedy the problem so it doent happen again. Here is that path,

START>
Control panel>
Power Options (if you are in classic view)> Performance and Maintenance (if you are in category view)>
Power Options>
Power Options Properties

Here you can manage and configure settings for optimum power management.
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by klez(m): 8:31pm On Jun 27, 2008
It woud seem your cmos battery has problems, this would explain why your settings reset every time you reboot. The reset of settings could also have undone windows. Try setting everything to default settings (should be an option for this somewhere in your bios) AFTER replacing your cmos battery (on the motherboard, new one should be no more than 250).
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by TmeD0(m): 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2008
@poster, at this point one can't really pin-point the culprit of the problem.  What you need to do is post the stop error message you see on the "blue screen of death" just like Maleeq stated.  All the responses given thus far are only speculations, which could be possible too.  I noticed you said you're presented with windows boot menu options. You did the right thing selecting "Last known good, "  However, since that still takes you to the BSOD, I'd suggest you go into safe mode with networking and update your anti-virus/anti-spyware software (if it'll let you into safe mode though) and reboot after the update.  Then go back again but this time, in safe mode (without networking) and run a deep scan on your system to eliminate the possibility of a virus on your PC.  Post the stop error code here and let's see what you might be up against.  Good luck.  Peace!
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by thehomer: 11:39pm On Jun 28, 2008
@Double N
As has been mentioned you should replace your CMOS battery and post the error code.
Some options available are
1. Repair the installation using the Windows XP Boot CD or
2. Download ultimate boot cd from http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ burn it to cd or follow the instructions to install on a flash then use it to repair the boot sector of the disk. The stress is only necessary if you have important files on it. Or
3. Using the Windows Boot CD, delete the previously available partitions and do a fresh installation. (This will wipe all the data on the hard disk)
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by DoubleN(m): 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2008
Hey Guys thanks for all the help.The Desktop is working well now. I changed the CMOS battery and re-configured the setup.Then i used the Windows XP installation CD to get into the recovery console and ran a chkdsk /f to fix any errors and voi'la! It booted up fine! grin
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by Maleeq(m): 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2008
Nice to know you've resolved the issue now!

Cheers
Re: Help With Blue Screen! by ExInferis(m): 11:15am On Jul 04, 2008
even though the issue is resolved here is what probably happened:

BSoD is also known as Stop Error Code 0x0000000A and you probably see something like the attached image

What these parameters are telling you is this:-
0x0227001d – is an address that was referenced incorrectly.
0X00000002 – is an IRQL that was required to access memory – Interrupt Request Level
0x00000000 - is the type of access, where 0 is a read operation and 1 is a write operation
0x804eba3a - The address of the instruction that referenced memory in parameter 1

Stop error 0x0000000A (Stop 0x0A) indicates that there was an attempt in
kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process internal request
level (IRQL). Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory
address. Other possible causes of this error are an incompatible device driver,
a general hardware problem, and incompatible software

i believe its resetting your BIOS settings that helped, perhaps it reset your HAl settings to Standard PC HAL (Hardware Abstractyion Layer, the bit that is masked by device drivers and shielded from User Space).

its always a good idea to reset your BIOS settings to default (load optimal values) when having such issues.

hope this helps in the future.

(1) (Reply)

How To Transfer Music From Ipod To Computer / solibay browsing Settings For Zain / Interview Questions On Cisco Access List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.