Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,017 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Zimmerman Again!! George Zimmerman In Custody After Gun Incident - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimmerman Again!! George Zimmerman In Custody After Gun Incident (618 Views)

Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) / mr Zimmerman's In Custody After Incident Involving Gun And His Estranged Wife's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Zimmerman Again!! George Zimmerman In Custody After Gun Incident by Ellyptical: 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
George Zimmerman is being questioned by police after a domestic incident with his wife and father-in-law that may have involved a gun, according to police.

Zimmerman is being held at the home of a relative after the incident, which involved his wife, Shellie, and her father, Colin Morgan, police in Lake Mary, Fla., told ABC News. Police are investigating whether a gun found at the scene was used in the incident.

"There was some kind of a domestic, we know that with his wife and father-in-law. Apparently there were some weapons involved and threats," the deputy police chief in Lake Mary told ABC News.

Zimmerman has not been charged with any crime.

Shellie Zimmerman recently announced plans to divorce her husband, who was acquitted in July on murder charges related to the 2012 death of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin.

Her attorney told ABC News that Zimmerman pulled a knife on her today after she discovered a firearm in the house they shared. He then pulled a gun on his wife and her father after a verbal altercation, according to attorney Kelly Sims.

George Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, did not immediately respond to request for comment.

Zimmerman was acquitted in July in the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

After announcing plans to divorce him earlier this month, Shellie told ABC News in an exclusive interview on Friday that George was at times verbally abusive and hurt her "emotionally, but never physical" during their marriage. She also said she believes the not guilty verdict has left her husband feeling "invincible" and since then has been "making some reckless decisions."

"I think I'm realizing that I have been married to a person for almost seven years, and I don't think that I ever really knew him at all," she said.

Shellie said that she had stood by her husband throughout the ordeal that began on Feb. 26, 2012, when he shot and killed the unarmed teenager and came to an end when a Florida jury acquitted him of murder this summer.

But less than two months later, she filed for divorce.

"I stood by my husband through everything and I kind of feel like he left me with a bunch of broken glass that I'm supposed to now assemble and make a life. ... It's just heartbreaking," Shellie said.

"I have a selfish husband. And I think George is all about George," she said.

George Zimmerman's legal team declined to comment on the divorce proceedings.

This story is developing. Check back to ABC News for more updates soon.

Josh Margolin and Aaron Katersky contributed to this report.

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-custody-gun-incident-190806170--abc-news-topstories.html

Here are some really funny posts by some people on the ABC News website:

DaiQuan Cain Hmm. Maybe they'll take it seriously this time since he was in an altercation with white people.

Aaron Miller Is this guy the dumb ass of the year or what?

Ray Parks Zimmerman knows that if they divorce, she will share the truth about what he told her really happened that night with Travon. It's coming!!! Watch what I tell you it's coming.

Amber Horton Seriously? Once again he's being a "victim" ugh. Karma will bite you in the ass one day George.

Dorian Jones He just trying so hard to stay in the spotlight obviously this guy has a gun problem lock his ass up or will he has to be videoed killing somebody before y'all get the message

Peggy Ilias Maybe his father in law and wife looked suspicious. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bianca M Gibb Is there double jeopardy on the stand your ground law? How many people does he actually get to shoot before that excuse is no longer valid?

Vern Vartdal That man does a lot of ground standing.

Tory Glenn and a gun was involved. Imagine that... What are the odds? I wonder if his wife and father-in-law "looked suspicious."

Amy Burton Not the first time and probably not the last.......Does anyone else find it interesting they had a fight and she left the night before he killed Trayvon? He has anger issues...

Christen Mcelvain He's been in trouble with the law too much outside of the trayvon case. Face it he's a bad seed!

Bob Flisser Give Zimmerman a break, he had no choice. His wife was wearing a hoodie, and his father-in-law had Skittles. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Anthonyd Smith Amazing how the "right people are defending his actions as self defense. Here's a grown man who took Brazilian Ju Jitsu at least 3 times a week yet got his ass kicked by a 17yr old (if its REALLY true). You are watching the slow, painful death of George Zimmerman. First the divorce, then the public pressure of being a guilty man in constant spotlight, then the.45 caliber breakfast in the bathroom like the coward he is. And none of his supporters can't do anything about it. Just get you a bag of popcorn, sit back and watch the show. It's gonna be a blast, literally.

(1) (Reply)

Tributes To A Freedom Fighter 'mandela' / Leaked Audio Between Ukraine And Russia Military After Malaysian Fight Shot Down / Former Brazil Striker Romário&Bebeto elected in Brazil's election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.