Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? (28288 Views)

What Is The Islam View About The "Re-incarnation"? / Islam View On Masturbation / What Does Islam Teach About 'Luck'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by tbaba1234: 11:15pm On Sep 10, 2013
Among the minor signs of the hour, the Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him) said:

When the shepherds of black camels start boasting and competing with others in the construction of higher buildings. And the Hour is one of five things which nobody knows except Allah.
[Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 2 :: Hadith 47 ]

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: .........when you see barefooted, naked, deaf and dumb (ignorant and foolish persons) as the rulers of the earth - that is one of the signs of the Doom. And when you see the shepherds of black camels exult in buildings - that is one of the signs of Doom...... (Muslim)

Vanity heights: competing with tall buildings
by Reuters

LONDON — The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has the “vainest” skyscrapers in the world, according to a report measuring the extent of spires and other height-boosting additions to the top of buildings.

The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) said unusable space at the top of the UAE’s 19 tallest buildings was an average 19 percent of their total height, a measure it called the “vanity height”.

The building with the largest vanity height is the 828-meter Burj Khalifa in Dubai, of which 29 percent or 244 meters is unusable – which would rank on its own as the 11th tallest building in Europe, the CTBUH said.

The top three was completed by the Zifeng Tower in Nanjing, China, and the Bank of America Tower in New York. China and the United States were also second and third respectively for the average figure across all of their tall buildings.

Developers typically get higher rents on upper floors, but in developing economies where land and labor is cheaper they can more readily use tall buildings to spark nearby development and make wider schemes viable, said Steve Watts, a tall buildings expert at construction consultancy Alinea.

“You can have towers that are loss-leaders but catalysts for regeneration and iconic structures can sway decision-makers,” he said.

Despite the trend being less prevalent in more expensive markets, London’s Shard skyscraper, which was bankrolled by the state of Qatar, has a vanity measure of 20 percent, CTBUH said.

“There can also be an ego element with these things with developers wanting to go higher than each other,” Watts said.

The world’s tallest tower is set to become the one-kilometer Kingdom Tower in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, which will surpass the Burj Khalifa if it opens as planned in 2017.

The tower is expected to cost around 4.6 billion Saudi riyals ($1.2 billion) and will form part of a hotel, retail and residential project as the oil-rich country seeks to improve its infrastructure and meet its massive housing needs.

Source: voanews.com

http://www.voanews.com/content/reu-uae-has-world-vainest-skyscrapers/1743913.html

1 Like

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by U09ce: 11:16am On Sep 11, 2013
Subhanallah. While our brothers and sisters are out there wallowing in abject poverty in Somalia, Afghanistan, Niger, Mali etc the Saudis are trying to break world records in vanity skyscrapers. Wallahi this is very disheartening to the Muslim world. But the Prophet (SAW) informed of all these current happenings towards the end of the world. I read somewhere in the book :The End of the World, that towards the end of time, tall buildings will be built in Makkah emerging higher than the surrounding mountains in the Haram; which is now evident with the Abraj al bayt dwarfing the mountains. May Allah (SWA) increase us in Eeman in these difficult times and save us from the fitnahs of the end times.

24 Likes

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by busar(m): 11:10am On Sep 13, 2013
Signs of end time. End time tins as dem dey talk am cool

1 Like

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 13, 2013
the speech that comes out of the messenger [sa] about spirituality, etc is true. what is significant is that the building up by arabs is true relating to that hadith. we have seen the beginning of vying to build the tallest building. this is significant for our generation; all of us on earth, today. every soul has his 'end time' by the arrival of death that brings about the individual 'minor judgment 'Day'. no soul that is assigned a destination will suddenly become inmate of hell, if he is destined for paradise, InshaAllah.
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by deols(f): 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hadhrat Amr bin Auf (R.A.) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "By Allah I do not fear poverty and starvation overtaking you, but I fear that you will have abundant wealth at your disposal as it had been at the disposal of the nations before you. You will then become extremely greedy in accumulating this wealth (showing no regard for Halaal and Haraam) just as the previous nations had done. This (greed) will be the cause of your ruin and destruction just as it destroyed the people before you". (Bukhari and Muslim)

5 Likes

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by deols(f): 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
Allah's Apostle offered the funeral prayers of the martyrs of Uhud eight years after (their death), as if bidding farewell to the living and the dead, then he ascended the pulpit and said, "I am your predecessor before you, and I am a witness on you, and your promised place to meet me will be Al-Haud (i.e. the Tank) (on the Day of Resurrection), and I am (now) looking at it from this place of mine. I am not afraid that you will worship others besides Allah, but I am afraid that worldly life will tempt you and cause you to compete with each other for it." That was the last look which I cast on Allah's Apostle.
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by siddiq202(m): 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
U09ce: Subhanallah. While our brothers and sisters are out there wallowing in abject poverty in Somalia, Afghanistan, Niger, Mali etc the Saudis are trying to break world records in vanity skyscrapers. Wallahi this is very disheartening to the Muslim world. But the Prophet (SAW) informed of all these current happenings towards the end of the world. I read somewhere in the book :The End of the World, that towards the end of time, tall buildings will be built in Makkah emerging higher than the surrounding mountains in the Haram; which is now evident with the Abraj al bayt dwarfing the mountains. May Allah (SWA) increase us in Eeman in these difficult times and save us from the fitnahs of the end times.

@bold

Below is the hadith;

tbaba1234: Ibn Shaybah narrated with his Isnaad from Ya'la ibn 'Ata that his father said, "I was holding the reins of Abdullah ibn 'Amr (r.a.) and he said: "How will you be when you destroy the House (Ka'abah) and do not leave one stone on top of another? They asked, "Will we still be Muslims?" He said, "You will still be Muslims." They asked, "Then what?" He said: "Then it (the Ka'abah) will be rebuilt in the most beautiful way. When you see tunnels built in Makkah and you see its buildings taller than its mountains, know that the matter (The Hour) is close at hand." (Akhbaar Makkah: Jayyid report)
https://www.nairaland.com/1342997/goosebumps
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by siddiq202(m): 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
busar: Signs of end time. End time tins as dem dey talk am cool

Enjoy your ban grin grin grin grin

Just kidding, the thread is all about End time thingssss cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It is worth noting that this was reported over 1400 years ago

1 Like

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by nbright: 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
What?
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
U09ce: Subhanallah. While our brothers and sisters are out there wallowing in abject poverty in Somalia, Afghanistan, Niger, Mali etc the Saudis are trying to break world records in vanity skyscrapers. Wallahi this is very disheartening to the Muslim world. But the Prophet (SAW) informed of all these current happenings towards the end of the world. I read somewhere in the book :The End of the World, that towards the end of time, tall buildings will be built in Makkah emerging higher than the surrounding mountains in the Haram; which is now evident with the Abraj al bayt dwarfing the mountains. May Allah (SWA) increase us in Eeman in these difficult times and save us from the fitnahs of the end times.

Are you for real?? ?? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
Where are the End time crew? this is your thread! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by vladimiros: 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
this one na proper END TIME TINZ

1 Like

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Slipknot(m): 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
I THINK I CAN NOW FOR THE FIRST TIME SAY, cool coolEND TIME SHOWS cheesy cheesy
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by igbsam(m): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
Tower of babel in the making. They want to provoke the wrath on themselves
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by deols(f): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
As you realise it is an End time thing grin don't forget the inherent message.

It is ok to want the good things of life. It is however not good to want it just for the sake of it or for competition especially while so many people are living in poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by deols(f): 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
igbsam: Tower of babel in the making. They want to provoke the wrath on themselves

can you explain that?
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by 80million1: 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
Pls wait, make i go ask SHEIK!
Okada, oya let's go!
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by sulaimon99(m): 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
ya ALLAH please dont let us go astray and please in your infinite mercy kill us as pious muslims ...amin

11 Likes

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by moscobabs(m): 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
so End Time eventually make frontpage? wonder shall never END this TIME on Nairaland oo

2 Likes

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by 247notire(m): 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
Skyscrapers = Endtime? Convince me pls!
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by toyfat: 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
On a topic like this..I expect the whole comment to be End time things...seems the crew are sleeping??
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by lafuria1(m): 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
there are so many signs of end times in hadith and Qur'an, competition of tall buildings is one of them. since the prophet speaks the truth, building of tall buildings is gonna happen, no one can change it. these are the minor signs, the major signs are yet to come.

we have to prepare for it knowing fully well that judgement day is near.

May Allah forgive us.

3 Likes

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Fishout(m): 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
May Allah lead us to d right path. (Amin)

2 Likes

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by deols(f): 4:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
247notire: Skyscrapers = Endtime? Convince me pls!

it is a minor signal to the coming of the hour.

So many atrocities are linked with the coming of the hour. It is high time we got prepared.

May Allah help us.

1 Like

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by stonemind(f): 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
pls how many likes for prophet mohammad (saw)

68 Likes

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Shaadey: 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
End tym tins nani

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women Wearing Short, Tight Or See-through Clothes / Do U Know What Is Attahiyat? / 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.