Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' (5406 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Female Hostel (Photos) / Bukola Saraki Awards Scholarship To Best Law Students Of Unilorin / UNILAG To MAU: Name Clash Might Force Govt To Rename Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by arcis: 7:02am On Sep 11, 2013
Kwara State House of Assembly has passed a bill seeking to change the name of Kwara State University, KWASU to Abubakar Sola Saraki University, ASSU.

The speaker said: With the commencement of this law, KWASU shall be Abubakar Sola Saraki University, ASSU, wherever it occurs in the University law and the law may be cited as Kwara State University Amendment Law.”

The bill, read for the third time before its passage yesterday had been subjected to public hearing after it scaled first and second reading.

The report of the House Committee on Education and Human Capital Development claimed that only five (5) of the stakeholders were against the proposed Bill… on the ground that State and Local Government resources would be used to fund the university hence, KWASU should not be renamed after Sola Saraki. The committee said 35 of the stakeholders were of the view that KWASU be renamed after the late Political Icon due to his socio-economic and political contributions to the development of Kwara State in particular and Nigeria in general.

The report added that 40 stakeholders made both oral and written submissions.
The house, however, endorsed the recommendations of the committee and approved the renaming of the university after Saraki.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/kwara-house-passes-bill-changing-state-varsity-to-abubakar-sola-saraki-university/
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by MayorofLagos(m): 8:25am On Sep 11, 2013
Which University did you graduate from?

ASS Uni. grin

Oops! Nairaland bot doesnt like that. Lets see, A.S.S Uni. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 11, 2013
Always.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by LMAyedun(m): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2013
ASSU? Like seriously?
What a name. grin

1 Like

Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by MayorofLagos(m): 8:58am On Sep 11, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
ASSU? Like seriously?
What a name. grin

Cant they just call it Saraki University and leave it at that? Quite honestly, i dont even know why thename change. Name something else after the man, airport, dam, faculty, research foundation, philantrophy chair...something, but the university!

1 Like

Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by jeron1(m): 9:01am On Sep 11, 2013
booked
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by decrox199(m): 9:06am On Sep 11, 2013
ASSU HQ,ASSU University!

1 Like

Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Horlawoomey(m): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2013
Lol @ ASS University. . . . Oya Kwasu student occupy Ilorin like MAULAG student occupied Lagos.

With the achievement of Baba Oloye, only a street in Ilorin is worth naming after him.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Vado(m): 9:25am On Sep 11, 2013
I don't envy their students at all. Imagine such a lame name being the header of my hard-earned certificate. The name Saraki is already synonymous with all sorts of vices and illegalities. That's a dent on one's work. It's like graduating from a Bode George or James Ibori's university lol. No morally principled employer would hire you on the real. ASSU students at this stage, you are OYO. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Unitedforever(m): 9:31am On Sep 11, 2013
Well

I have to say this

Happy Birthday to ME..tongue

5 Likes

Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by abatajjvii: 9:32am On Sep 11, 2013
ok

am on my way

okada wait for me
grin
grin
grin undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 11, 2013
Changed KWASU to ASSU which sounds like ASUU?

I pity the students cos their lecturers gon be striking and lightning
from now till eternity grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 11, 2013
even at that,the name still sucks..........its only in Nigeria,we only recognise politifians,why other people that made landmarks are ignored.

1 Like

Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 11, 2013
i kinda like d name.sounds like dericho name.hmmm polithiefcians
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by ravensckar(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2013
Wonders wil nevr cease to happen in ds country. Lyk play-play ds Man don turn hero aftr him death be dt o?
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by kasheemawo(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2013
many ppl will become millionaires as the name changed
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by fitzmayowa: 9:40am On Sep 11, 2013
Na wa ooo...when will kwara be free of this family
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by tolextony(m): 9:42am On Sep 11, 2013
grin grin grin ASSU or ASUU??
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Harbiurlah(f): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2013
Aargh!!! Sounds like.....
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2013
State government properties finally become personal properties which anybody can tamper with.

Nigeria is going more than the length of failed country.......it now a drowned country.

A.S.S university is as silly when called like saraki
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by zumarock9(m): 9:45am On Sep 11, 2013
ASUU a gain?

End time is near
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by EmmanuellaAop: 9:50am On Sep 11, 2013
Loooooolll......i cant laaaafff oooo.....kWASU.....AsssSuuu
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Abeyjide: 9:57am On Sep 11, 2013
Those useless honourables in kwara state house of assembly are looking for a way to please d retarden former governor saraki.mumu peolpe.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Adebaba1(m): 9:57am On Sep 11, 2013
end time tins
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by agrovick(m): 10:03am On Sep 11, 2013
ASSU abi na ASSuN de ni
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Lilimax(f): 10:08am On Sep 11, 2013
fitzmayowa: Na wa ooo...when will kwara be free of this family
Was about to ask the same thing?
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by BabaEleko(m): 10:10am On Sep 11, 2013
I guess Kwaran are zombies like that.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by ghettodreamz(m): 10:18am On Sep 11, 2013
RUBBISH
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by ichommy(m): 10:26am On Sep 11, 2013
This my state eh
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by jonescyras(m): 10:32am On Sep 11, 2013
Ass university?. Sounds great.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by tosomaju(m): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2013
I thought the death of Sola Saraki will mark the end time things of the dominance of the saraki family in kwara state. It seems the old man is still cruising ilorin even after death.

1 Like

Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 11, 2013
Whoever is championing this name change had better bring up an acceptable acronym for the school as well!
Cos we are naturally gifted in crafting names, and this one looks too easy! Someone here has already called it just what I had feared.

(1) (2) (Reply)

» Waec 2015: Free Biology Specimens,questions & Answers / Top 10 Tertiary Institution In Nigeria July 2012 / JAMB ALERT ; Negative Marking In Jamb Is A Reality.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.