Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:58 PM

Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta (15937 Views)

Pictures Of Destroyed Properties In Enugu Community By Fulani Herdsmans / Graphic Photo Of Sunday Terror Killed At Ebute-metta Lagos Yesterday / Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by publisher(m): 1:21am On Sep 12, 2013
Borno way located in the Ebute Metta East Area of Lagos state is one of the most prominent roads on the Lagos mainland.

Borno way was constructed to taste during the Jakande administration,well paved with side walks and street lights. Subsequent military administrations ensured that the road was well maintained,up until 1999. Borno way is an inner road that connects the famous Oyingbo market with several prime locations such as Adekunle, Alagomeji , down to Sabo,Yaba. Several businesses and middle class residential apartments are located along Borno way. Unfortunately,the current state of 'Borno way' starting from Oyingbo axis down to Adekunle will definitely bring tears to the eyes of long time residents of that area.

Many residents allege that Borno way (a state government road) is being punished because it's located within a PDP stronghold part of Lagos. The gist is that during Governor Tinubu's first term between 1999 and 2003,he had initiated the rehabilitation of Borno way but in 2003 people of that area voted massively for PDP during the 2003 elections and have remained punished and abandoned ever since.

A top AD local chieftain is quoted to have declared (in 2003) that the AD would teach 'Borno way people' a bitter lesson.
So,is this it?

Here are some pictures...

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by AndroBlaze: 2:22am On Sep 12, 2013
OP you have it good.

Come to Alpha Beach Road and you will know what neglect and vindictiveness is. Also when we ask our local leaders they say it is because we were sold to PDP too. What a wonderful democracy we live in.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by RoyalRoy(m): 4:14am On Sep 12, 2013
Funny how all your pictures were taken at the same spot.

Na wa oh!
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by bloggernaija: 6:15am On Sep 12, 2013
Yeah right.
Privilege kid.
Borno what again?
Fashola should waste precious and limited resources on an inconsequential residential road and ignore major commercial roads because you are entitled to it ba.
Better go back to school and retake basic economics.
Scale of preference .
Opportunity cost.

This time around , do not cram it ,simply read it to understand.
If you are not satisfied ,go to your local government chairman

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 12, 2013
bloggernaija: Yeah right.
Privilege kid.
Borno what again?
Fashola should waste precious and limited resources on an inconsequential residential road and ignore major commercial roads because you are entitled to it ba.
Scale of preference .
Opportunity cost.

For your opinion to count always anywhere, you have to be seen as 'unbiased'. unless you're insinuating that 'Fashola is perfect' there's no doubt whatsover that he hasnt delivered the dividends of democracy to this ppl...Just accept it. bros Fash is tryin, though

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by talktimi(m): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2013
Privilege kid.
Borno what again?
Scale of preference .
Opportunity cost.

so in your warped way of thinking, it is wrong for the electorate to ask their political leaders for democratic dividends. Pls within the next 24hrs try and grow a brain. Ok

16 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by dridowu: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2013
I know ds road very well but i beg to dissagree that the road was neglect cos of massive vote to pdp, if dat is d case what about other state that govern by pdp, are all d roads in pdp state develops to standard ?

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Peinstein: 8:36am On Sep 12, 2013
Isnt it better to post the pictures of the road and state what your local needs are exactly, and leave it at that. Using political affiliations as a reason for the non-rehabilitation of your road seems simplistic, going by your logic one will assume any area with bad roads in lagos is a "pdp stronghold", in that case pdp must be topping ACN in "stronghold" numbers because we sure still have a lot of bad roads in lagos. The area I am based in at the moment is a core PDP domain, yet most of the roads in my immediate area were rehabilitated or constructed to taste last year. "Someone said this", "top AD guy said that", "Tinubu said those" are speculations that wouldnt bring required solutions.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by gerald09(m): 8:49am On Sep 12, 2013
Nigerian: we are our own worst enemy. And the Local Govt is busy sharing money n stupidly buying SUV to help pass dis horrible road. Sometimes I wonder how these so call rich men feel when driving tru bad roads with there expensive cars, or bad Network with there expensive phones/tablet or build expensive house with generator blasting every Night. And u go out there and call urself a successful man. Shame to the Nigerian people ur children will *rain* causes on all of you for what u have done to them.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by talktimi(m): 8:59am On Sep 12, 2013
gerald09: Nigerian: we are our own worst enemy. And the Local Govt is busy sharing money n stupidly buying SUV to help pass dis horrible road. Sometimes I wonder how these so call rich men feel when driving tru bad roads with there expensive cars, or bad Network with there expensive phones/tablet or build expensive house with generator blasting every Night. And u go out there and call urself a successful man. Shame to the Nigerian people ur children will *rain* causes on all of you for what u have done to them.
pls dont heap all blames on lg chairmen but rather apportion most of the blame on state governors who are stoutly opposed to lg autonomy even during constitutional amendment. An empowered lg chairman knows specific roads to rehabilitate & other infrastructure to provide within his/her domain but now they are little more than salary clerks. Ok

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
dridowu: I know ds road very well but i beg to dissagree that the road was neglect cos of massive vote to pdp, if dat is d case what about other state that govern by pdp, are all d roads in pdp state develops to standard ?
take time to compose ur wordings very well b4 pushing submit button #TeamLiteracy

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Stunner1(f): 1:11pm On Sep 12, 2013
Lagos
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by bighead1(m): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
tongue#FelaSaidItAll

End time thingy

My people are suffering and smiling, all cos them no wan talk for what is rightfully theirs.

I weep for my nation.

#RevolutionIsComingSoon.

Singing Fela

They youths of nowadays them get two ears for head, them get two eyes too.

Them dey see the thing wey dey happen them dey hear am too.....

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Forzap: 1:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
mr op why u dey expose my street lyk dis angryabi u wan quench anywayz am hapi cos my street made d FP grin ; ;DHAPI viewin grin
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Fazhy: 1:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
Well......

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by pheesayor(m): 1:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
well said
Peinstein: Isnt it better to post the pictures of the road and state what your local needs are exactly, and leave it at that. Using political affiliations as a reason for the non-rehabilitation of your road seems simplistic, going by your logic one will assume any area with bad roads in lagos is a "pdp stronghold", in that case pdp must be topping ACN in "stronghold" numbers because we sure still have a lot of bad roads in lagos. The area I am based in at the moment is a core PDP domain, yet most of the roads in my immediate area were rehabilitated or constructed to taste last year. "Someone said this", "top AD guy said that", "Tinubu said those" are speculations that wouldnt bring required solutions.

@topic, I pass through this route to work everyday and it is not as bad as you portray but if a portion of a road is bad demand government to fix it, if they refuse then you can cry foul. Development started from this ebutte meta east during Tinubu's regime all through surulere to yaba. Neighouring ebutte meta west is just being fixed, inner roads from costain to oyingbo

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by christejames(m): 1:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
na new tinz? i thought u found short cut to borno city for us from lasgidi... kaiii!!
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by realone2012: 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
This ROAD isn't BAD enough I tell you!
Come to BADAGRY EXPRESS-WAY; A FEDERAL ROAD that links Nigeria with MOST WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES (I MEAN COUNTRIES). They have been doing that road since 2007 courtesy Fashola who forced the FG hand. The condition of the road is MORE THAN being WORST, and they are still at MILE-2 (which is not more than 100M from where they started the road since 2007).
This Country is a Joke!!!

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by abatajjvii: 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
Na you , i see as you dey hawk recharge card
youngestfool: that is me in yellow shirt. end time tinz

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Maxymilliano(m): 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
Borno Way Road was like a Beggars Colony last time I used the road ...
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by deeptesting(m): 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
Privilege kid.
Borno what again?
Scale of preference .
Opportunity cost.

Guy you fall my hand..... People in Borno road do they pay tax or not to LASG? If you no answer my question in simple YES or NO, I will give you a dirty E-slap.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by sammhi(m): 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
This is what most of the inner roads and streets in lagos are... and is not due to any PDP stronghold.. ..only the major roads have been rehabilitated and beautified... that is the great deception going on so that visitors will say gov Fasola is performing
pls go to Aguda, surulere, most of Ajah and Lekki inner streets, Iyana ipaja, etc. you will wonder what the government actually does with the 500bn budget ..as even good roads are luxury
have you pass some roads in Ikoyi ...e.g. the road beside NNpc fuel station. Its state is same as this....
LASG claim to have 9000 roads and streets...can you say 10%(900) are vehicle worthy? I doubt but LASG has VIOs on the roads to check vehicles for road worthiness. Another fraud!!. When even their BRT are not road worthy...Fasola LASG is the greatest deceit of government in lagos I have ever witness...we can go on and on...

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by puskin: 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2013
......but, going by Nigerian standard, that road is very good.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by badmeat(m): 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
Any time these APC peeps defend their Leaders and support terrorism!I see more reason to stick with PDP

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by princemolak(m): 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
Why will a Government abandon a certain area because They didnt vote for Him there,Nigeria as not Gone that Bad
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
sammhi: This is what most of the inner roads and streets in lagos are... and is not due to any PDP stronghold.. ..only the major roads have been rehabilitated and beautified... that is the great deception going on so that visitors will say gov Fasola is performing
pls go to Aguda, surulere, most of Ajah and Lekki inner streets, Iyana ipaja, etc. you will wonder what the government actually does with the 500bn budget ..as even good roads are luxury
have you pass some roads in Ikoyi ...e.g. the road beside NNpc fuel station. Its state is same as this....
LASG claim to have 9000 roads and streets...can you say 10%(900) are vehicle worthy? I doubt but LASG has VIOs on the roads to check vehicles for road worthiness. Another fraud!!. When even their BRT are not road worthy...Fasola LASG is the greatest deceit of government in lagos I have ever witness...we can go on and on...
you make me laugh. Do you expect fashola to fix the whole roads in lagos within 8 years. Can you mention a single state (including your state) that does not have this type of road, even abuja has more of them (bad roads). Please, let be objective.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by dridowu: 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
Strauskhan1: take time to compose ur wordings very well b4 pushing submit button #TeamLiteracy
if u are not satisfy with d way i compose my wordings then go and take indomie 4 ur afternoon meal. The koko be say i can pass out my info :p
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Toksytoks(m): 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
If u follow this Govt u ll realize that attention is now on inner city roads..I don't understand how a govt will under 6yrs make all roads motorable even the FCT has poor roads. In ikoyi inner roads are under construction, in V/island OZumba mbadiwe almost completed ,aboyade cole has been awarded same with ikeja - isaac john, oba akinjobi and the computer village road, Wempco road.In ikorodu the ibeshe road is completed, ongoing mile12 expansion. In ogba, on going project on college road..not mentioning surulere axis..The FG backed down as a guarantor for the worldbank loan thus the delay on the Badagry road..For those staying around Alpha beach Govt's concern is ocean surge not roads that's why the shoreline protection project is a priority, if u wanna know take a stroll to barbeach and ocean view restaurant..what's the essence of construction roads in alpha beach when ocean surge will chase residents away. Who will then use the road? In lekki axis ongoing channelization is d priority, asides the major expressway..calling BRF a fraud is a cheap shot it shows lack of reasoning..

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by pheesayor(m): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
I stepped out for lunch and decided to take pictures of a portion of the said "borno road". This is off alagomeji bus stop on muritala mohammed road. If this thread isn't out of mischief, I wonder what else it can be

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Restructuring: Tambuwal Chairs Northern Governor & Traditional Rulers' Meeting / Buhari @ 76: Igbo Group Drums Support For Buhari`s Re-election- Pictures / Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.