Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,778,287 members, 6,620,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 December 2021 at 02:16 PM

Single Lady - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Single Lady (22555 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Lady by Bluediamond1(f): 10:58am On Sep 20, 2013
Hahahahaaaaa,dis Jenny baby am realy lovin her.
Abeg rememba 2 frash oga jb,am sure he wilu b vely grad.
Babe ur doing a grt job,lov d humour.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kslib:
No P..
You added it but removed it again,why?..lol
All izz well!
lol, it looks weird.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 1:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
Blue diamond: Hahahahaaaaa,dis Jenny baby am realy lovin her.
Abeg rememba 2 frash oga jb,am sure he wilu b vely grad.
Babe ur doing a grt job,lov d humour.
tank you dear
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 1:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
cheris skenzy: I feel lyk giving u a peck 4 smashing that test!!! But I jst hope he won't try any rubbish. U rock gal!!!!
hehe, tank you
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
kingphilip: Nice one dear keep it rolling...hope for an update b4 sleeping sha
tanks
Re: Single Lady by Kslib(m): 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ruby spice:
lol, it looks weird.
It didnt. On the contrary,it looked sweet...
**waiting for updates sha**
All izz well!
Re: Single Lady by Temieasy(m): 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
nyc write up.,*following*..waiting
Re: Single Lady by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
Luby baby u r lily doin a nice wrk hre more mb 2 ur foni, i rike ur riting kipin it up oh.....
Re: Single Lady by Wesslier(m): 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ruby spice:
lol, why? U commit abomination and he wanted to cleanse the land with the goat?
I wish I did... I tnk God he didn't include a bottle of schnapp, alligator pepper and maybe tubers of yam.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 9:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
I'm sorie for kipin you guys waiting. Here is a new update.

1 Like

Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
I was pleased that the test had turned out to be a success. I had even finished before my 'tutor' Emeka. He looked up at me as I walked to the front to submit my test sheet. I felt partly relieved but greatly thrilled. I had subconsciously seared the priceless look of Dr. Amadi face in my skull. This would be the second time I had made him speechless and I felt he had enough of 'Jenny's drama' to keep him going for a life time. I was kind of sure he would stop his antics and let me be. He was like the lion trainer and I being the lion didn't want to be trained. I hated being poked and have reacted each time he did by biting him. He sure would have learnt a thing or two from 'Jennifer Richard' and I was glad to teach him.

I walked out of the lecture hall unto its corridors to wait for Caroline and Emeka. As I stood there, I watched Dr. Amadi looking through my paper. He looked like he was hoping I would fail and was looking for any error atall.

'this man wants me to fail o, so pathetic.' I said to myself.

After a while, he gave up then announced;
'submit now or mark it yourself.'

Then he started walking away from the front of the class towards the door. Students rushed to the front, pushing and scratching themselves just to put their papers in the lecturer's hand.

'who is the course-rep?' Dr. Amadi asked.
He was beginning to get irritated at the way the students were acting.

'collect the remaining papers and bring it to me.' he said to our representative as he walked out of the class towards his car.

As Emeka came out of the lecture hall, I rushed towards him and enveloped him in an embrace.

'thank you! Thank you!!' I squealed with delight. Emeka laughed then said;
'you already had it in you. You just need someone to point at the right direction.'

'awww, look at him acting all modest. That's so cute. Well, time for me to show appreciation. Since we are going to be friends and obviously rolling together, you ain't going anywhere with me dressed like that.That's where I come in. Are you ready for it?'

Caroline had joined us when I was talking. Emeka shruged. He seem embarrassed by what I had just said.

'I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. I meant it in a loving way. Caroline tell him for me.' I said

'yea, hate her Emeka. I know I do because she is a spoilt bitch.' Caroline playfully said.

'how is that helping matters?' I asked
'don't mind her jare. I'm trying to be a good friend just like you asked me to be. No nicer approach came to mind to tell you this. You've been nice, now its my turn. Can I do a makeover on you? Its all on me, I'll pay.' I said

'is the way I dress really that bad?' Emeka asked

'yes!! Caroline and I said in unison
then we laughed out of suprise and Emeka joined in.

'ok, if it means alot to you then I'm in.' he said

'oh! That's great.' I said

'what about me? I need a makeover. Caroline said

'News flash, I think it made the headlines. Thanks for telling us your wants and needs love.' I said jokingly. Caroline started laughing and I joined in.

One hour later, Emeka was trying on clothes and I was supervising.
'No, try the other one. This is much too big on you.' I said
He went on to change and try the next one.

'ok, much better. Try on the blue shirt with that brown chinos pants.' I said

Emeka seemed to be enjoying himself. It seemed like this was his first time ever shopping for clothes. He had this child- like delight on his face and his eyes danced with excitement. He tried on a few more and we were done.

It was already getting dark as we took a bus and headed back to school. Emeka couldnt stop talking about the clothes and making jokes. I leaned on his shoulders as he talked on.
'hmm, this isn't what it looks like. Its even more comfortable than it looks.' I said to myself

'Jenny, are you sleeping?' Emeka asked

'No, just a little tired. You know we had to try different shops to find you size. 'lepa' I teased

'atleast I'm taller than you. You with your small cute stature.' he said

'yes, thank you. I'm the right size for my height but you are so lean and tall. If I walked past you in the dark, I wouldn't notice because I'll think you are a pole. I said laughing

'you eh!!, your mouth.' he said

'no be you find trouble?' I said

'no vex. Just sleep. I will not talk again.' he said. I just chuckled and leaned back on his shoulder while he put his arms around me.

The bus Finally stopped at the school park. I had hoped we would take more time in getting there because I liked where I was. Yea, weird right? I just liked Emeka, he had a nice spirit and made me feel good about myself.

We alighted the bus and had to take a bike down to our different lodges. I got to mine first and got down. Emeka got down and paid before I could bring out my purse.
'why did you do that?' I asked

'enough expenses for one day' he said

'but I wasn't complaining.' I asked

'hush, let me take care of you. You have done enough' he said as moved close to me and kissed me.

2 Likes

Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 9:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tanx dear @ Temieasy

hahaha, tank you @ Bestluv584

hehehe, ur lecturer no b babalawo na @ wesslier
Re: Single Lady by Bluediamond1(f): 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
Oh my!am feeling all lovey dovey,my hrt beat fast,i wasnt dis 2 last.
Oh dnt mind me,dis last update jst had smiling sheepishly
btw,am i d 1st to comment 2nyt?yipee!!!
U rock Ruby...
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
Blue diamond: Oh my!am feeling all lovey dovey,my hrt beat fast,i wasnt dis 2 last.
Oh dnt mind me,dis last update jst had smiling sheepishly
btw,am i d 1st to comment 2nyt?yipee!!!
U rock Ruby...
aww, tank you dear. Yes u re the first to comment. Hehe
Re: Single Lady by Wesslier(m): 9:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
U can't be so sure ma dear. The man fit be chief priest ... Min while, Emeka na sharp guy... U knw wat?
Do d rytin while I do d readin. How abt dat
Re: Single Lady by Incredibleme: 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
Uhmm.... Ruby luv! Cn u b a bit nicer by increasing d lenght nxt time, do it nd i'll take u shoping.

Am damn serious!!!
Re: Single Lady by Destiny4fame(m): 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
What!he kissed U........owww!.......
Re: Single Lady by honeydion(m): 10:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
And now, it's getting better.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 10:59am On Sep 21, 2013
Wesslier: U can't be so sure ma dear. The man fit be chief priest ... Min while, Emeka na sharp guy... U knw wat?
Do d rytin while I do d readin. How abt dat
good plan. Lol
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 10:59am On Sep 21, 2013
honeydion: And now, it's getting better.
tanx hon
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 11:00am On Sep 21, 2013
Destiny4fame: What!he kissed U........owww!.......
i know, ryt.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 11:01am On Sep 21, 2013
Incredible.me:
Uhmm.... Ruby luv! Cn u b a bit nicer by increasing d lenght nxt time, do it nd i'll take u shoping.

Am damn serious!!!
its a deal den.
Re: Single Lady by ninja4life(m): 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2013
Haha lol nice update
Re: Single Lady by kingphilip(m): 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nice update...asking for more #in oliver twist voice#
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
Emeka lifted my face to him and his lips found mine. It felt so good and so right. My head was spinning with excitement.

'how do I react to this? Is this what I want? Should I feign annoyance? Jenny, what are you doing? You can't let this happen.' I thought to myself as I withdrew from him. As my feet touched the ground, only then did I realise that I had been standing on tiptoe all this while. I stood in front of him and kept looking at his face.

'I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I obviously oversteped my boundaries. I just could stop myself. I am ... ' Emeka began to explain. I just stood there and said nothing for awhile.

'Jenny, please say something.' he continued to say, then I reacted. I slapped him hard across his face then said;
'when someone does something for you and you appreciate it, you say thank you. You don't go about kissing people with out their permission.'
then I walked away and entered my lodge. I heard him mumble something like 'goodnight petite.' as I walked but I was too shaken to stop and ask. He just stood there watching me go.

'Was I too harsh? Did I overreact or did he deserve it? Is that the way he goes about kissing all other girls? But that kiss felt good. Focus jor. How come this guy has this much power to get me rattled like this? This isn't good.' I thought. I had numerous questions and my feelings felt like they were tied up in a knot. I felt so confused as I laid on my bed hoping for sleep. Deedee had travelled to her village because her parents were around, she probably would be gone all weekend. I was alone in the room and it felt large and empty. For once, I actually longed for her company. For her to ask questions and give speeches. I could hear my thoughts echo, I felt so alone. I just laid there tossing and turning until sleep took over. I woke up an hour later drenched with sweat. My subconscious had kept drifting back to him. So I plugged in my ear phones and played some music.

Weeks past and things were stagnant between Emeka and I. I avoided contact with him and wouldn't let him explain. I wasn't ready to deal wit the situation yet. Caroline noticed the stiff between us and decided to act nosy. Yea, that's the way I saw it at that time. She came over to chill with me in my lodge one weekend. After the usual pleasantries and teasing and talking for almost an hour she brought it up and my countenance changed almost immediately.
'babes, what's up between you two?' she asked

'who and who?' I asked

'don't play dumb, you know what I'm talking about.' she said

'errmm, nothing you don't already know.' I said

'I've noticed the weird air between you two, what's up na?' she said

'I like him and we have a mutual understand. We enjoyed each others company but now I'll rather be alone. Is there anything wrong with that?' I said

'with Emeka the Jew boy? That's who you share mutual understand with?' she said

'is he some kind of leper that shouldn't have friends? He looks better doesn't he? Plus I am just friends wit him, big deal?' I said

'when you bin dey turn Mary Slessor felt the urge to be his saviour, did I stop you? I know something is wrong somewhere. You can't even be in the same vicinity with him for more than five minutes before you run off.' she said

'wetyn u come mean now? like I'm scared and running from him. Please just drop the topic.' I said

'see you acting all defensive. ok o.
Just so you know, I wouldn't rest until I know what happened. Meanwhile, I'll respect your decision not to talk about it for now.' she said

We talked about other things for hours and it was beginning to get dark. It was time for Caroline to go home, so I followed her to the front of the lodge to get a bike. As we stood there teasing each other, I saw Emeka coming towards us. Caroline wanted to stall so she could hear us talk and probably ask more questions. Then a murano jeep parked few metres away from where we were standing. Caroline practically fled the scene. She knew it was jb. She just entered the next bike and waved 'goodbye'.
By now, Emeka was few steps away from me. So I walked towards him to discharge him.
'hi Jenny' he said

'hi' I Said

'you look nice' he said

'thank you' I replied

'I'm sorry for showing up like this, I know I should have called but I knew you wouldn't pick. I needed to see you. I've missed your company. I know what I did wasn't right by you but is it so unforgiveable? I'm really sorry. I miss the way things used to be before. I promise to behave myself around you and not do anything spontaneous. I would even ask your permission before i sneeze around you. Please?' he said

Before I could reply, Jb's call came in.
'can we talk about this another time? Maybe tomorrow? I asked

'ofcourse.' he said

'ok, goodnight' I said as I walked away from him. I was certain this time that he said 'good night petite' but I couldnt stop to talk about it. He stood there watching me as I walked off and entered the jeep in front of my lodge.
Re: Single Lady by Kslib(m): 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
This reminds me of "love dont cost a thing" in a little way.lol...
Anyway,i cant wait for when emeka will start pushing you away, while you beg for his love.. grin
##just kidding##
Love the way you write the story,simple but yet very interesting..
Good job,@spice..
All izz well!
Re: Single Lady by horlah005(m): 11:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
Wow!!!

Despite d fact that u'r new at dis, I silently read eat ur food n digest it without any difficulties. Pls, continue dat delicious meal of urs cos I can't wait to taggin along with

More INK ma'am

***giggles***

P@RTF!NDER out!!!
Re: Single Lady by horlah005(m): 11:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Wow!!!

Despite d fact that u'r new at dis, I silently read eat ur food n digest it without any difficulties. Pls, continue dat delicious meal of urs cos I can't wait to b taggin along with
it.

More INK ma'am

***giggles***

P@RTF!NDER out!!!
Re: Single Lady by kingphilip(m): 1:30am On Sep 23, 2013
Kslib:
Good job,@spice..
All izz well!
u be winch?see hw u take steal am frm my mouth
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 6:38am On Sep 23, 2013
Kslib: This reminds me of "love dont cost a thing" in a little way.lol...
Anyway,i cant wait for when emeka will start pushing you away, while you beg for his love.. grin
##just kidding##
Good job,@spice..
All izz well!
tank you dear
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 6:40am On Sep 23, 2013
horlah005: Wow!!!

Despite d fact that u'r new at dis, I silently read eat ur food n digest it without any difficulties. Pls, continue dat delicious meal of urs cos I can't wait to taggin along with

More INK ma'am

***giggles***

P@RTF!NDER out!!!
tanx dearie, am glad u approve
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 6:41am On Sep 23, 2013
kingphilip:
u be winch?see hw u take steal am frm my mouth
Phil, you sure na wetyn u bin wan write?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My First Heart Break - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN Youth / Who Is To Blame When A Child Has Sex Without Proper Knowledge - Live Debate / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.