Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Single Lady - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Single Lady (24040 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 8:32am On Nov 15, 2013
Thanks to all that sent messages to check up on me while i was away. I appreciate. Ruby spice is back and you would be getting updates soon. kiss
Re: Single Lady by tbabstobadt(m): 9:25am On Nov 15, 2013
Ruby spice: Thanks to all that sent messages to check up on me while i was away. I appreciate. Ruby spice is back and you would be getting updates soon. kiss

babe! ..I missed u d most!!
...welcome!!!
Re: Single Lady by Jumizie13(f): 9:31am On Nov 15, 2013
Oh my!!! Welcome back *give am a welcome back kiss*
Re: Single Lady by Winnie1950(f): 10:23am On Nov 15, 2013
Jumizie13: Oh my!!! Welcome back *gives him a hot welcome back kiss*
erm.......erm,,,,, ruby is actually a female
Re: Single Lady by Winnie1950(f): 10:24am On Nov 15, 2013
Ruby spice: Thanks to all that sent messages to check up on me while i was away. I appreciate. Ruby spice is back and you would be getting updates soon. kiss
u are welcome honey. We missed u very much
Re: Single Lady by Smhart1(f): 10:29am On Nov 15, 2013
welcome ma'am
Re: Single Lady by Incredibleme: 10:53am On Nov 15, 2013
Welcome back dear. Missed you scatter.
Re: Single Lady by Kslib(m): 7:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
Welcome back ruby!! All man miss you scatter!!
Re: Single Lady by D9ty7(m): 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Single Lady by kingphilip(m): 10:57pm On Nov 15, 2013
Thank goodness Ruby is back cant wait for da continuation of singe lady
Re: Single Lady by Ormorlehwah(f): 8:44am On Nov 16, 2013
U're welcome. Still following.......
Re: Single Lady by kingphilip(m): 9:56am On Nov 16, 2013
Ormorlehwah: U're welcome. Still following.......
shey na all d torY wey me de follow u too de follow? Common park well jor
Re: Single Lady by Ormorlehwah(f): 10:25am On Nov 16, 2013
God of mercy! W8n b ur wahala? Perherbs,d thread is meant 4 everybody. See U a big guy wey dey jelux abt im felow gal. Jealousy guy. @kingp
Re: Single Lady by kingphilip(m): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2013
Ormorlehwah: God of mercy! W8n b ur wahala? Perherbs,d thread is meant 4 everybody. See U a big guy wey dey jelux abt im felow gal. Jealousy guy. @kingp
i be want make u notice me n finally i succeed....
Oya i don send u request for 2go come go accept am
Re: Single Lady by Jumizie13(f): 11:37am On Nov 16, 2013
kingphilip:
i be want make u notice me n finally i succeed....
Oya i don send u request for 2go come go accept am
if she add u, i go kollect her phone nd delete u.
Re: Single Lady by kingphilip(m): 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
Jumizie13:
if she add u, i go kollect her phone nd delete u.
shey na threat be dis abi na wetin na me be bouncer for here o
Re: Single Lady by Ormorlehwah(f): 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2013
Am sowie 6ta, i neva knw ooo cox he is already my fwend on 2go. @jumz. Dnt try to argue to 5yt ha o,i no dey use ha play o @kingp
Re: Single Lady by kingphilip(m): 12:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ormorlehwah: Dnt try to argue to 5yt ha o,i no dey use ha play o @kingp
k jumi i de xorry o
Re: Single Lady by Ormorlehwah(f): 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
kingphilip:
k jumi i de xorry o
. Jumzie,jst liv im bliv say e na pikin, he stil nid training.
Re: Single Lady by Jumizie13(f): 1:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
kingphilip:
k jumi i de xorry o
no worry, we go meet 4 2go.
Re: Single Lady by kinxen(f): 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
@king,jumi nd ormorlewah derailing tins undecided

Ruby abeg come update

1 Like

Re: Single Lady by ESIXLOVE: 9:22am On Nov 18, 2013
kai fah dis gal dnt wnt updte kwo
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 7:59am On Nov 19, 2013
It was getting dark and Caroline soon left for home. I had just gotten back to my room after seeing her off, the room seemed empty and quiet once again. I walked to the reading table, I knew I had to read for my tomorrow's paper. I sat down for a while looking through my notes but my mind kept drifting back to what Caroline had told me.

"was she doing the right thing?

"obviously not"

"but what if she gets caught?"

"what if she doesn't, what if she gets admission and leaves me behind like the rest have been doing."

"but I've read and I guess I'm prepared."

I kept on thinking about the situation while having an intense conversation with my subconscious.

I could hear faintly the lyrics from one of Lionel Richie's all time classics. The song sounded so familiar, soon I was humming away as I drifted back to consciousness. I open my eyes and found out I had slept off at the reading table and the song was my phone that had been ringing.

"oh no!" I screamed

"no no no no"

I quickly got up and picked up my phone.

"Ten missed calls from Emeka and Caroline."

It was 8:30am and the exam starts by 9:00am and I was just waking up. My eyes could have popped out of its sockets at that instant as I stared at the wall clock. Deedee's value skyrocketed at this point in my heart because she definetly would have woken me up but she didn't sleep in the room that night.

"how did this happen?"

"how could I have slept for so long."

I sprinted towards different directions almost at the same time, having so much to do at a short period of time. I was confused and body felt slightly stiff having slept on a plastic chair and table through the night. I knew the rest had to wait as I rushed through the basic routine and was ready by 8:45am.

I rushed out of the house to get a bike going inside the school premises. I stood infront of the lodge (glo) knowing fully well that if I tried to walk to the exam hall which was called "750 cap" , I would be late for my paper. I stood there impatiently looking at my watch at every two second interval, plus my phone kept on ringing. I had picked up phone once to tell Emeka I was on my way but he seemed hell bent on giving me a heart attack. It was just morning but I felt exhausted with worry.

I soon saw a bike coming towards me, it already had one passenger on it. I had to be on that bike even if the bike wasn't carrying humans. I flagged down the bike with my hand and he stopped in front of me.

"inside school, hall of mercy."

"ok, enter."

By this time the first passenger had alighted so I could sit in between.I looked at his face properly for the first time, it was Andrew. The time was 8:55am and I was now on my way for the exam. Andrew seemed elated to see me and he kept on giving explanations on why he hadn't called. All my thoughts were in that exam hall, I couldnt afford to miss that exam. The admission into school, or the shameful return back to lagos to continue writing J.a.m.b year after year. I felt horrible and looked worse, my worries weighed a ton and for some reason the guy at my back couldn't take a hint and shut the fu*ck up. I could care less why he had didn't called until now. He kept at it explaining and yapping away while I gave default nods where appropriate. I got to my venue by 9:04am and the students in the halls around were already inside and sitted. I hurriedly searched for my purse to pay for my fare but Andrew insisted on paying for me. He asked for my phone number again promising to try not to loose it like the previous incident but I had run out off time. As I hurriedly walked away from the bike, I screamed "glo room 5". I couldn't stop to see if he understood what I meant as I ran down the erosion washed roads. I was soon at the hall and thank goodness they were just arranging the students in the hall.The hall was built like a theater or a staduim, steps with seats attached to it and tables infront in descending order. The seats at d back were high because it was the top of the stairs then as you walked down the seats were placed on each stair in a descending order. It had a podium or a stage depending on was the hall was being used for.

"where have you been? What happened to you? Why are you this late?" Emeka asked impatiently
I was sweating profusely after that little exercise in the morning sun, I needed to catch my breath. I stood there breathing heavily as Emeka continued his questioning/investigation. I looked up at him in disgust and realised he would make a good police officer, infact the uniform would look superb on him.

"next! " Dr Amadi said

"no no no no no" I whispered

I looked at Emeka with a more serious facial expression and he nodded in affirmation. Dr Amadi was going to be our invigilator.

1 Like

Re: Single Lady by chistar01(m): 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ruby is back!!! Yay!! cheesy
Re: Single Lady by Flakkydagirl: 7:29am On Nov 20, 2013
Nice one....
Re: Single Lady by ninja4life(m): 7:49am On Nov 20, 2013
Welcome back o.nice update
Re: Single Lady by ninja4life(m): 7:50am On Nov 20, 2013
Welcome back o.nice update.
Re: Single Lady by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ruby spice where art thou
Re: Single Lady by tanton(f): 10:29am On Nov 26, 2013
I trip for this talented dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1MyIxajd0

Artist: Ayeola Ayodeji.
Bb Pin: 224a333e
Mobile No: +234 7039409847, +234 8052272655
Skype id: ayeolaayodeji
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/awizzyArt
Follow him on twitter: https://twitter.com/ayeolaayodeji
http://ayeolaayodeji..com/
http://www.google.com/+AyeolaAyodejiAwizzy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/awizzy/
http://awizzy.deviantart.com/

Re: Single Lady by Lollz(f): 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
[quote
author=Ruby spice]Thanks to all that sent messages to check up on me
while i was away. I appreciate. Ruby spice is back and you would be
getting updates soon. kiss[/quote]Yay! ruby z back missed ya plenty muccccchhhhhhh ohhh ah hope ur back 4 gud wif long nd juicy updates !cheesy
Re: Single Lady by may01(f): 8:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
Thank Heavens you're back Ruby dear! I've missed you crazy! Cool story you got here
Re: Single Lady by Yosifperfect(m): 11:27am On Nov 27, 2013
I just dey laugh... Pls, let me pee, nobody should take my seat o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny / Untitled Fiction / How To Say "I Love You" In Different Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.