Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Jonathan Reserve The Righst To Hire And Fire At Will - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Reserve The Righst To Hire And Fire At Will (615 Views)

The National Grazing Reserve Council Bill Explained (read) / "National Grazing Reserve Commission Bill" The Real Truth / Amaechi Spent N53bn From N55bn Reserve Fund – Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Reserve The Righst To Hire And Fire At Will by bilms(m): 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
GEJ RESERVE THE RIGHTS TO HIRE AND FIRE AT WILL

i wish to state that, we must respect the office of the president and the right to hire and fire at will that he reserve.

It seems many people have forgotten that Good luck Jonathan is the Nigerian president and as such, only him have the sole decision to hire or fire any minister he so pleases. But As far as i am concerned, Gej has not done anything wrong by sacking any minister since he appointed them in the first place.

It is worth to note that, Few of us knew this ministers until Gej appointed them and if in his assessment, a minister as under performed based on his expectations, he reserve the right to fire them any time any any day.

So, No matter how much we adore a minister and rate him or her high, it is Gej that made them adorable for giving them a chance to serve in the first place, and if we despise a minister for his or her bad performances, it his Gej that should be despised and held responsible.

For this reason, we must entirely respect the right of the president to fire anyone without complains.

Although, I understand that the sacking of the 9 ministers has a political undertone, as all the 9 sacked ministers were the nominees of his present political opponents, but still, those who nominated the ministers only made recommendations, gej made the final decision to appoint them. If a minister perform well, the credit will not go to the nominator,but the president and as such, if the minister under performed, the discredit wouldn't go to those who recommended them,but to the president who appointed them.

However, it will be very unwise for the president to sack performing minister because of a struggle with those who nominated them, this in my opinion is because, if the minister is performing, nobody would credit the nominator.

But if we look at it from another perspective, it will be very uncomfortable for the president to continue to work with ministers whom he perceive to be loyal to his political opponents. This is expected from him as a human.

So, From what ever angle we look at it, the decision of the president to fire or hire is his sole decision and should not be contested.
Re: Jonathan Reserve The Righst To Hire And Fire At Will by mmampa(m): 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] gej is combinning politics with sentiments, anyway no need crying over spilt milk. before i forget, i have a job offer for the victims LOL. SERIOUSLY no jokes, because you don't cross a bridge and destroy it; you must definitely need it on your way home even if u are flying.the global financial meltdown have come and gone, but its ugly impact is so pathetic. so i use this medium to (out of my own benovalence), show you the easiest way to be financially independent no matter who u are. for full details visit (http://www.?r=mmampa) from where ever you are. remember that failure is depressing, but success is celebrated; so be on the side of celebrants. this info is exclusively for the UNFORTUNATE HEROES affected by the "MELTDOWN"
Re: Jonathan Reserve The Righst To Hire And Fire At Will by bilms(m): 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
lol
Re: Jonathan Reserve The Righst To Hire And Fire At Will by wirinet(m): 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
bilms: GEJ RESERVE THE RIGHTS TO HIRE AND FIRE AT WILL

i wish to state that, we must respect the office of the president and the right to hire and fire at will that he reserve.

It seems many people have forgotten that Good luck Jonathan is the Nigerian president and as such, <b>only him have the sole decision to hire or fire any minister he so pleases. </b> But As far as i am concerned, Gej has not done anything wrong by sacking any minister since he appointed them in the first place.

It is worth to note that, Few of us knew this ministers until Gej appointed them and if in his assessment, a minister as under performed based on his expectations, he reserve the right to fire them any time any any day.

So, No matter how much we adore a minister and rate him or her high, it is Gej that made them adorable for giving them a chance to serve in the first place, and if we despise a minister for his or her bad performances, it his Gej that should be despised and held responsible.

For this reason, we must entirely respect the right of the president to fire anyone without complains.

Although, I understand that the sacking of the 9 ministers has a political undertone, as all the 9 sacked ministers were the nominees of his present political opponents, but still, those who nominated the ministers only made recommendations, gej made the final decision to appoint them. If a minister perform well, the credit will not go to the nominator,but the president and as such, if the minister under performed, the discredit wouldn't go to those who recommended them,but to the president who appointed them.

However, it will be very unwise for the president to sack performing minister because of a struggle with those who nominated them, this in my opinion is because, if the minister is performing, nobody would credit the nominator.

But if we look at it from another perspective, it will be very uncomfortable for the president to continue to work with ministers whom he perceive to be loyal to his political opponents. This is expected from him as a human.

So, From what ever angle we look at it, the decision of the president to fire or hire is his sole decision and should not be contested.

Your statement is not exactly correct, the president has the sole discretion to fire but the decision to hire does not rest sole with him. His nomination would have to be agreed upon by the senate.
What happens if all his newly nominated ministers are rejected by the senate? that means he cannot replace the sacked ministers.
Re: Jonathan Reserve The Righst To Hire And Fire At Will by bilms(m): 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
your observation is well noted, however, senate can only stop the appointment of an undeserving and unqualified candidate. Even at that, the position shall not be left vacant, the president will have to replace the rejected person with another person..
Re: Jonathan Reserve The Righst To Hire And Fire At Will by wirinet(m): 3:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
bilms: your observation is well noted, however, senate can only stop the appointment of an undeserving and unqualified candidate. Even at that, the position shall not be left vacant, the president will have to replace the rejected person with another person..

The constitution did not spell out criteria for the senate for approving nominated ministers, the senate has full discretion to accept or reject nominations, as it has done in the past. They sometimes even just tell some nominations to take a bow. Yes, the president can replace rejected nominations with another person, the problem is the senate can rejects the new nominations once again.

I suspect if the nPDP has enough support in the senate, they would frustrate all new nominations by Jonathan. The only option that would be left to him is to deploy his remaining ministers to man multiple ministries.
Re: Jonathan Reserve The Righst To Hire And Fire At Will by bloggernaija: 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
And the nigerian people reserve the right to fire the clueless thing
Re: Jonathan Reserve The Righst To Hire And Fire At Will by egift(m): 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
You only need to "FIRE" your appointees only if they are clueless in the first place. Jonathan's case is worst that he is not even firing those whose incompetence and corruption are very obvious. Some time you wonder what they have on him that instill sure fear in him - he can't even imagine contemplating sacking them.
Re: Jonathan Reserve The Righst To Hire And Fire At Will by Wsdm: 8:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
Just the more reason why we should vote for a competent and a true nationalist as PRESIDENT.
Re: Jonathan Reserve The Righst To Hire And Fire At Will by bilms(m): 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
you are right

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu Blasts Ex-igp Okiro, Describes Him As Corrupt,'shameless' / TERRIBLE: Armedrobbers Invadechurches Withoutfear / I Pray For The The Okusanja Family And M.I.C Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.