Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Nairaland Needs An Ignore List - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Needs An Ignore List (1177 Views)

Seun Why Does A Complex Social Forum Like Nairaland Lack An Ignore/block Button? / Seun Nairaland Needs Spiritual Cleansing / Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
Seun you need to look into this.

Every normal forum has this. it's how fights are avoided. When people cant agree and argue, best thing is for the other to have the option to block whoemever so they dont have to see their posts. fights are then avoided and there wont be a need for bannings etc.

Look into implementing this. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
ThiefOfHearts: Seun you need to look into this.

Every normal forum has this. it's how fights are avoided. When people cant agree and argue, best thing is for the other to have the option to block whoemever so they dont have to see their posts. fights are then avoided and there wont be a need for bannings etc.

Look into implementing this. Thanks.

That can't be implemented here. The only thing that can be done in lieu of that is to add a dislike button as we have for like....
Another improvement I would like to see is also to make this more theaded by replying to different replies within the whole post...but maximum of one step.
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by Deiok(m): 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
Me i will like to see the dislike button, and will also like it if one can be able to edit his or her user name.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:15am On Sep 13, 2013
ledafaze:

That can't be implemented here. .

Says who?
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by DisGuy: 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
I remember this function on a site i go on back in school days, whatever the poster type you'll never see it!!

that way you dont respond and start the tit for tat conversation that derails thread making it look like your following each other around beefing

but then again we can always control ourselves...
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
Freiburger: ^ Fact is the ignore button will be intentionally abused.
Just like the de-activation button.
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by AbuMikey(m): 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
POW!

Ain't you NLders tired of unnecessary needs ? undecided
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Says who?

BeBec
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Says who?

Because you are not the moderator to block or hide someone's post... what can be done is for u to ignore so you alone wont b able to see his or her posts but will still be visible for others.

But if quoted... that is another work.
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by DisGuy: 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
^^ that's what she meant

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by HezronLorraine(m): 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
I don't support this idea.it's highly unnecessary and it willbe abused.
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by Kslib(m): 1:44am On Oct 08, 2013
Deiok: Me i will like to see the dislike button, and will also like it if one can be able to edit his or her user name.
I dont think there's a need for a dislike button. The like 'button' is ok. If a comment doesnt appeal to you,then dont click the 'like' button. The dislike button will be thoroughly abused if implemented cos people will be using it to get to people who they dont like,people who have quarreled with them in the past. People will click the 'dislike' button not cos of the post but beacuse of the person behind the post(moniker).. I persoanly,will abuse the button if implemented.. lol grin grin
Prophecy: I forsee a certain mod getting nothing less than 5dislikes for every post he makes,no matter what he posts..lol The bolded is just one of the many numerous ways in which the dislike button will be abused..

Lmao!! Why should users be given the power to edit their monikers? Hell no!
So after looking for trouble,picking on people,posting irrelevant comments and carving a niche for oneself-----stupidity-wise,one can just wake-up one day and change/edit his/her moniker------ and have a new NL life? No,it's not that easy ooo!

One of what makes this forum what it is, is "the identity,and history each moniker holds; what they have done in the past.what they have said and done.e..t...c"..

Granting this request is one of the biggest mistake seun would make. Doing that will cause a great dis-orderliness in this forum,if you think i'm lying,then seun should grant this request just for a day..

I even feel that the mods should let us know the new edited moniker of any member who requests for a change via email due to some reasons. You cant eat your cake and have it..
All izz well!

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by Mynd44: 4:34am On Oct 08, 2013
**just passing**
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by Gboliwe: 4:49am On Oct 08, 2013
Just for the fun of it, it can be fine tuned to allow the ignored user view the thread but cannot reply once on the ignore list of the OP.
I wouldn't ask for any ignore button though
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dis Guy: I remember this function on a site i go on back in school days, whatever the poster type you'll never see it!!

that way you dont respond and start the tit for tat conversation that derails thread making it look like your following each other around beefing

sounds like a great idea to me.
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dis Guy: ^^ that's what she meant

Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
Freiburger: ^ Fact is the ignore button will be intentionally abused.

what does this mean? If I dont wnat to see a person's post and I ignore them, how can that be "abused"?
Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by Nobody: 4:09am On Oct 09, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

what does this mean? If I dont wnat to see a person's post and I ignore them, how can that be "abused"?

^^^ Yeah this... How is that abusing something.. and how is it abusing the deactivate button by removing ones account..

I think the email associated with the deactivated account should be freed though so that it can be re-used again..

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Needs An Ignore List by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
Bump.

I like the Op's suggestion, Seun please accept it.

If two people start exchanging words, one of them can easily ignore the other and when the ignored person realizes that their opponent can no longer see their insulting posts they will shut up and behave.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

It Is God's Will For The Universities To Be Open - T B Joshua. / Mukina2 Plz Forgive Me / His Crazy Experience With Weed(igbo) When He Visited His Friend's Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.