Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? (10756 Views)

Check Out This Weird Plate Number / New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? / New Plate Number And Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by MrAboki: 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2013
[b]So its no longer News that come 1st of October, all Vehicles carrying the Old Number Plates would become endangered..

SO the rush for new license plates is on right now.. The thing is so bad that just last week, as I was parked by the roadside waiting on someone, a Lady walked up to my window, knocked and said 'Sir, I noticed you still have the old plates on. If you havent started the process of getting a new one, I can help you'... I indulged her for a bit and found out that it would cost me 20,000 Naira for her to process and procure me new Lagos plates..

Now I have heard from several vehicle owners varying amounts in terms of cost of getting the plates.. The number of agents for Number Plates and Licence on the streets today are uncountable.. They pitch you their sales telling you that the cost of getting these licences vary from state to state. My collegue just got his own now. LAGOS plates for 35,000 Naira.. I started making mine in Port-Harcourt last week and paid 50,000 for Two RIVERS STATE plates.. So I have started this thread to find out:

How Much did you pay for your New Licence Plates and in what state did you get yours?

Did you go direct or use a TOUT|Agent?

&

WHATS THE OFFICIAL PRICE FOR THESE LICENCE PLATES..

MODS... FRONTPAGE THIS PLEASE AS THIS IS VERY HOT RIGHT NOW[/b]
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by Damojo: 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mine was customised, I paid 150k
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by vitality22(m): 4:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
I need someone who can help me get the plate number for Rivers State. Please its urgent. You can drop your number here i will call you. i dont need scammers o
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by MrAboki: 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
vitality22: I need someone who can help me get the plate number for Rivers State. Please its urgent. You can drop your number here i will call you. i dont need scammers o

I can get you in touch with the guy that is processing mine... I have known him for over 10 years and can vouch for his intergrity. INtergrity being that you will recieve your Plate number o!! Not that he will not over-price it like I'm sure he did to me..

If you are interested.. Respond to this post here and send me a PM as well. I will just send you his number and name telling him to expect a call from you.. You will have to go meet him in Trans-Amadi sha, cos thats where he works.

If you have any troubles with him, you can always reach me here..
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
200k if u wan u wnt ur plate number 2 b customised wif ur Nairaland Username.
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by Gee2728(m): 11:57am On Sep 13, 2013
Paid 35k for a kaduna plate.
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by vitality22(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Mr Aboki:

I can get you in touch with the guy that is processing mine... I have known him for over 10 years and can vouch for his intergrity. INtergrity being that you will recieve your Plate number o!! Not that he will not over-price it like I'm sure he did to me..

If you are interested.. Respond to this post here and send me a PM as well. I will just send you his number and name telling him to expect a call from you.. You will have to go meet him in Trans-Amadi sha, cos thats where he works.

If you have any troubles with him, you can always reach me here..
I will appreciate it if you give me the guys number. If you can give me his number here, it will be fine. Thanks a bunch
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by MrAboki: 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
vitality22:
I will appreciate it if you give me the guys number. If you can give me his number here, it will be fine. Thanks a bunch

I sir, will never write down my phone number nor any other persons phone number on an open forum like this. I'm sorry.

If thats the only way, then please find another avenue to obtain your new plates.

Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by 18wheeler: 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
I paid 26000 for Jos, plateau state number. A relative that works with the revenue board processed it for me so I didnt have to pay any extra costs.
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 14, 2013
18wheeler: I paid 26000 for Jos, plateau state number. A relative that works with the revenue board processed it for me so I didnt have to pay any extra costs.
Costly! my lil mind told me dat d normal thing 2 do is,return d old plate 4 dem 2 refurbish nd dey wil gv u d new one wil a lil charges nt mor dan 2000.
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by 18wheeler: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2013
Bossforeva: Costly! my lil mind told me dat d normal thing 2 do is,return d old plate 4 dem 2 refurbish nd dey wil gv u d new one wil a lil charges nt mor dan 2000.
Never knew it could be done that way
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by vitality22(m): 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
Mr Aboki:

I sir, will never write down my phone number nor any other persons phone number on an open forum like this. I'm sorry.

If thats the only way, then please find another avenue to obtain your new plates.

How do I get to you then? Can you send the number to vitusboy@gmail.com? Am waiting for your response pls.
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by richfaxy: 9:15am On Sep 17, 2013
Cost me #35000 to get an Abuja number. Took about 5 days to process.
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by uthupbe: 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
@richfaxy,
Pls kindly send me the contact of the person who did yours for your here in Abuja to uthupbe@gmx.com
I really will appreciate.

Thanks in advance
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by MrAboki: 4:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
richfaxy: Cost me #35000 to get an Abuja number. Took about 5 days to process.

Mine has exceeded 5 days o!!

I am supposed to get a text message when its ready, but I am yet to recieve it.. angry
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by uthupbe: 4:54am On Sep 18, 2013
@ Mr. Aboki,
Pls oblige me your plate number mans coontacts since richfaxy is not responding to my request.

Thanks
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by oseo1(m): 7:45am On Sep 18, 2013
Paid 25k in lagos and got it the same day.
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by 9icetoo(m): 7:47am On Sep 18, 2013
MrAboki, did you u process ur number plates yourself? if so, can you give me the address of the rivers state board of internal revenue where u did yours? i plan to do mine this week. cheers.
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 18, 2013
Is it true that they have extended the date of procurement of the new number plate to June 2014?

1 Like

Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by richfaxy: 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
@ Mr Aboki,

I didnt get any sms, A driver in my office took all my papers and brought the number after 5 days, He said the demand is high now, that it will take longer days to get esp for those that are just processing theirs.
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by richfaxy: 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2013
uthupbe: @richfaxy,
Pls kindly send me the contact of the person who did yours for your here in Abuja to uthupbe@gmx.com

Thanks in advance

sorry for the late response, a driver in my office went to do it for me. He is the one that does almost all staff and company's Vehicle and drivers' license, let me see if he has someone who does it for him. i ll get back to you shortly .
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by richfaxy: 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
Just saw this post abt the extension New Plate number.

www.nairaland.com/1443492/licence-plate-number-renewal-extended
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by richfaxy: 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
uthupbe: @richfaxy,

Thanks in advance

confirm that this is ur email uthupbe@gmx.com.
If it is, Check ur email
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by MrAboki: 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
richfaxy: @ Mr Aboki,

I didnt get any sms, A driver in my office took all my papers and brought the number after 5 days, He said the demand is high now, that it will take longer days to get esp for those that are just processing theirs.

For reals!!!! shocked

Mine is yet to come out o!! Over 6 weeks now..
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by loneytunes(m): 12:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
I got mine for about 18k but paid total of 30k because I did change of ownership. The 18k includes new plate no, vehicle license, insurance and road worthiness. Did it at their office at Jebba, Ebute Metta and it took much less than 5 days.

But please what is the latest with respect to the extension of the deadline? Is it true?
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by richfaxy: 10:33am On Oct 01, 2013
Mr Aboki:

For reals!!!! shocked

Mine is yet to come out o!! Over 6 weeks now..

Is urs out now? I guess it must be because of the late hour rush as i heard that they had lots of people on queue who did not want to miss the initial deadline of Oct 1st.
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by dejavoonaija(m): 10:11am On Feb 06, 2017
Patronize a corporate Organization for vehicle paper renewal

We are here to make the logistics of vehicle particulars easy for you…..

CarReg is a e-commerce & logistic company with a secured Online 2 Offline (O2O) platform https://www.carreg.com.ng that helps in facilitating the renewal of your vehicle particulars and delivery

Our Office is at 14a Bayo Dejonwo Street, Maryland, Ikeja

Value Proposition to our customers

• Delivery within 24 hours (Same day delivery if received before 12noon)
• Services at cost price(For now)
• Payment on delivery
• Free delivery in Lagos (For Now)
• Delivery outside Lagos attracts only the cost of courier service

4 Steps only and received your particulars within hours

1. Click on the URL https://carreg.com.ng/index.php?pg1-cid48_html
2. Choose any of the services by clicking “Add to cart”, e.g Car Renewal or Combo SUV Renewal or Vehicle License - Car
3. Click check out at the Top right corner of the page
4. Provide your name and delivery details

Call out contact center 09090144706 to even book renewal offline

1 Share

Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by wizkidblogger(f): 10:30am On Aug 14, 2021
FG has increased the price in 2021. Check out the new rates here.
Re: NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? by chukel(m): 7:34pm On Aug 14, 2021
richfaxy:
Cost me #35000 to get an Abuja number. Took about 5 days to process.
mine 36k in abuja. 2days

(1) (Reply)

Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes / Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.