Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,697 members, 7,802,053 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? (5843 Views)

Five Life Attitudes That Will Catapult You To Higher level If Well Ad-here to / "IF Your Mother Never Does This To You(pix) When You Were Young Then am sorry 4u / Mention Funny Things You Did When You Were Young.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
moscobabs: Nairaland is becoming boring ooo,why dis kind thing on frontpage.what happen to my own topics that always touching?? I smell politic here!!!
Goan sleep *Fires rubber band at him* tongue

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
Yes, I do remember using my rubber catapault to shoot at a girl that spread her legs wide apart, she let everybody see her laps and as a naughty boy I was then, I decided to correct and teach her a lesson the hard way, I bet she hasn't forgotten my lesson till date. undecided
I also remember using mosquitoe net to cover my eyes and I'll be like- Behold, the Turtle Ninja!!!
Then I'd find wooden stick and carve it into the shape of a sword, I would use it to hit anything and anybody I find, I'd claim I was the Red Power Ranger.
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Giniguru: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sure I did bt wen I stoped was wen a friend fired a very thick n folded little piece of paper into my eyes n I cried d whole day.
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by killuminati(m): 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
During my days I can't forget.. Conductors dem, dem suffer die! It should be around '94-95, we use to pack much rubber bands, get plenty stacks of thick papers and make bullets out of dem...those bullets are thick dat, you think you got hit with stone.. We the hit road side (Obalende Road precisely)around 7:30-8pm when we know we can never get caught.. Na so we go hang for corner dey wait for any conductor wey stick his stinky a'ss out the damn van.. Na so we go dey fire shots like juveniles...the next thing you go hear na "yeeeeee my yansh, idii mi o! koni da funwe" all we do is laff our a'ss out and run off and come a lil later to repeat di same eish again LOLgringringrin I enjoyed those days mayne!

2 Likes

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
killuminati: During my days I can't forget.. Conductors dem, dem suffer die! It should be around '94-95, we use to pack much rubber bands, get plenty stacks of thick papers and make bullets out of dem...those bullets are thick dat, you think you got hit with stone.. We the hit road side (Obalende Road precisely)around 7:30-8pm when we know we can never get caught.. Na so we go hang for corner dey wait for any conductor wey stick his stinky a'ss out the damn van.. Na so we go dey fire shots like juveniles...the next thing you go hear na "yeeeeee my yansh, idii mi o! koni da funwe" all we do is laff our a'ss out and run off and come a lil later to repeat di same eish again LOLgringringrin I enjoyed those days mayne!
Kpokiyor grin
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by robo247(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
homesteady: LOL!! Yes I did it oh!! I use to have plenty rubbers, I'll be wearing them on my hand!

But I stopped playing with rubber when my uncle told me that if I wear the rubber on my hand, it 'll be sucking my blood gringrin
yeah, i was told dsame thing too. Very funny i was so naive to be tricked like that. Rubber suck my blood ke? Lol.
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
moscobabs: Nairaland is becoming boring ooo,why dis kind thing on frontpage.what happen to my own topics that always touching?? I smell politic here!!!

my guy you are right, what i think is that our MODS may be collecting bribe b4 they move a post to FP, this is an injustice nowadays i dont update sensible post again. (MODS ARE CABALS) pls dnt ban me
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by mcevans1(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
killuminati: During my days I can't forget.. Conductors dem, dem suffer die! It should be around '94-95, we use to pack much rubber bands, get plenty stacks of thick papers and make bullets out of dem...those bullets are thick dat, you think you got hit with stone.. We the hit road side (Obalende Road precisely)around 7:30-8pm when we know we can never get caught.. Na so we go hang for corner dey wait for any conductor wey stick his stinky a'ss out the damn van.. Na so we go dey fire shots like juveniles...the next thing you go hear na "yeeeeee my yansh, idii mi o! koni da funwe" all we do is laff our a'ss out and run off and come a lil later to repeat di same eish again LOLgringringrin I enjoyed those days mayne!

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by vizboy(m): 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
make I hear say I no play am EEeee

But we play for this life sha

Police catch thief

Author and boss

I play all
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by zynzyn(m): 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
Catapult was a part of almost everyone's childhood I think. Either you used it or u were a victim!
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Infomizer(m): 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
I wanna do am die? I even improvised with a cut rubber band and held the paper bullet with my teeth instead (it fired whenever i released my grip on the bullet).I remember accidentaly firing on one of our children department teachers in church back then. I escaped detection tho. 'Gun' are the days mhen!
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by ichidodo: 4:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
I soaked mine in kerosene making it big and wide.
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Brings back old memories. Children of nowadays aint even enjoying the kids things, if they aint on NL yabbing nonsense they are on FB learning how to chyke their mama.

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by dbucas: 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
na wow, na we start am na
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Danhumprey: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2013
Mr Aboki: My nickname was Aboki D'Sniper a.k.a Soge King I wonder if anybody would get the meaning|Origin of Soge King... With my trade mark 'Copper wire bullets'.. grin

I only stopped playing rubberband in SSS 1 when some Skinnies ambushed me and balsted the life out of me, injuring my eyes.. I had to be rushed to the hospital that day..

Upon my return, I retired and switched to playing 'nearest to the wall'..

Then Catapult.... grin

All I will say is that if every Boy child killed half as many Lizards with a catapult as I did, those things would be an endangered specie by now.. Killed so many lizrds that I learnt about a myth that says shooting a Lizard with a catapult cuts your catapult..
[/code] grin[code]
grin Chai! I no fit laugh! When I was young,I never spare any lizard that dare to venture within 10 metres radius at any part of our compound that I happen to be at a time. Them lizard really suffer. Rubber band was a companion. Catapult? A little.
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by killuminati(m): 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Once I was on my rubber band shooting spree when I struck one conductor with my deadly shots.. This dude can't take heat mane, he had to jump the the damn van leaving the driver to ride away.. This dude chase the hell outta me, but as a hood nigga, omo trust na, I carry dis run race like mouse and cat tinz...I enter frm one house, bust out to another street cos in my hood you enter any compound and bust out to the next street.. Na so God help take lost am oh... Mo se'ope temi! grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by iphedahyor(m): 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
grin
hahahahahaha
I dey laugh u
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by PapaBrowne(m): 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
Did it back then.
Still play around with it till date.

But Kai. I tormented my sisters with rubber bands and paper bullets. That was mean back then man. Mean.
Imagine someone just chilling on thier own, then suddenly pop on the back of the ear. Kai just thinking about it...Kai!!!
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by iphedahyor(m): 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
xynerise: grin. I saw this somewhere and decided to share.

We used to do ''Actor & Boss'' those days and we can tear our calenders and note books to form bullets. I almost lost an eye when someone used an iron-like bullet to ''fire'' my left eye. Gone are the days when men were kids cool
I really miss my childhood days,I miss my past,so many times I wish I could bring back my past.D memories,I can never 4get.Wish I could see all those stubborn strt small boys and girls again,wish we could b 2gether.I played dat tin,police and thief,hide and seek,who is in d garden,I played cherry seeds,I played covers of coca-cola,fanta,star bottles.All my pants are black cuz I was so rough,stubborn and dirty.The funniest part of it is dat,I was a thief.I used 2 steal my mum's fish,even meat frm d pot.May God 4give,tnks man 4 making me 2 reminisce.Thumb up
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
killuminati: Once I was on my rubber band shooting spree when I struck one conductor with my deadly shots.. This dude can't take heat mane, he had to jump the the damn van leaving the driver to ride away.. This dude chase the hell outta me, but as a hood nigga, omo trust na, I carry dis run race like mouse and cat tinz...I enter frm one house, bust out to another street cos in my hood you enter any compound and bust out to the next street.. Na so God help take lost am oh... Mo se'ope temi! grin
So you grow for that kind street wey one person bathroom exit na another person parlour entrance? grin
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by tolutoolsyahoo: 5:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
i almost lost an eye back then as well!
grin
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by usbcable(m): 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2013

sometimes the conductor will jump ship bus and chase after us.

but lailai dem no fit catch us.

from one street to another house enter another lungu and just escape being caught. never caught for once.

chai I miss those days
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by killuminati(m): 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
xynerise:
So you grow for that kind street wey one person bathroom exit na another person parlour entrance? grin
grinshocked

LMAO! No oOo, na you grow for there
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
killuminati: grinshocked

LMAO! No oOo, na you grow for there
I know say places like Ajegunle, Orile, Ebute Metta, Mushin etc, their houses no get fences. You go dey cook for kitchen and children from another street go play go jump ur pot grin
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by justaqad(m): 5:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hmmmmmm..
Rubber band, catapult, and canta hear weee for my hand...
On phone now can't type much..
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by killuminati(m): 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
usbcable:

sometimes the conductor will jump ship bus and chase after us.

but lailai dem no fit catch us.

from one street to another house enter another lungu and just escape being caught. never caught for once.

chai I miss those days
Our hood get 6 streets and you can enter and exit from one compound to the other from the 1st to the 6th street. No house that doesn't have a double entrance.. So we easily lost a nigga's a'ss when we get chased.. Once I messed up with one ahuwa and dis guy pursue me ehnnnn...O boy na house to house exit na hin save my life dat day oh! I still dey thank God till today!
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
I remember playing rubber with a bully. The guy carry 10 rubbers come, we play and I chop everything. The ediot say I go ''last'' am 15 rubbers angry
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by killuminati(m): 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
xynerise:
I know say places like Ajegunle, Orile, Ebute Metta, Mushin etc, their houses no get fences. You go dey cook for kitchen and children from another street go play go jump ur pot grin
hahahahaha! Na Obalende Estate I grow ohgrin so I rock the whole Dodan Barracks, na me and IBB dey flex for '93 na tongue
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
killuminati: hahahahaha! Na Obalende Estate I grow ohgrin so I rock the whole Dodan Barracks, na me and IBB dey flex for '93 na tongue
Forget that ''estate'' wey u attach to your place. Na ghetto jare tongue

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Decryptor(m): 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
I remember tose days. I was forming Robocop with it and the cockroaches and lizards were my primary targets grin grin
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by kstyle2(m): 6:03pm On Sep 13, 2013
Yes na....i badt dat tym o.i dey use copper wire do bullet.1 day,1 nonsense girl provoke me....as she sit dwn open leg(her pant clean die),na so i go d front seat bend dwn giv her 1 inside her kpekus area.....dnt ask me wat hapnd nxt cos i regretd dat day(na j.s.s 2 tinz)...we dey evn play game wey b say we go put d rubba inside box,com stand 1 side use slipqers pack am comot.....all my parents foot wears lost their shape....but i don grow up

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by killuminati(m): 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
xynerise:
Forget that ''estate'' wey u attach to your place. Na ghetto jare tongue
forget that tin, na 'ghetto estate' I dey

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maclatunji Has To Be Stopped!! This Is Too Much!! / What Is The Right Thing To Say? / Evolution Of Humans In Various Countries !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.