Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Breaking Bad Discussion Thread - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Breaking Bad Discussion Thread (6027 Views)

Breaking Bad To Return For Season 6! / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / BREAKING BAD !! The Best Tv Series Ever Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by SIRcumalot: 8:13am On Sep 28, 2013
Fourcade:

I don't understand what you mean by 'redeem Walter by making him free Jesse'. undecided
They are in two different worlds now.Jesse's with Todd and his uncle while Mr. White has the locals hunting him.I don't get the connection.
You may have read the spoilers about the finale,i haven't!grin

Seems we have 75 minutes for the finale tomorrow.I do hope commercials isn't included in the runtime cheesy
That machine Gun and the Ricin showed earlier has to be for Todd and his Uncles
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by SIRcumalot: 8:23am On Sep 28, 2013
Fourcade:

I don't understand what you mean by 'redeem Walter by making him free Jesse'. undecided
They are in two different worlds now.Jesse's with Todd and his uncle while Mr. White has the locals hunting him.I don't get the connection.
You may have read the spoilers about the finale,i haven't!grin

Seems we have 75 minutes for the finale tomorrow.I do hope commercials isn't included in the runtime cheesy
That machine Gun and the Ricin has to be for Todd and his Uncles am just hoping Jesse escapes when Walt attacks Todd and company
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by Fourcade(m): 11:01pm On Sep 28, 2013
SIR cum a lot:

That machine Gun and the Ricin has to be for Todd and his Uncles am just hoping Jesse escapes when Walt attacks Todd and company

Cool!

Well i think he may pay a visit to his former partners.Those two buffoons fall im hand. grin
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by westcodes(m): 9:41am On Sep 29, 2013
Found some breaking bad trivia to prepare us for the finale, I'll post the interesting ones:

Walt's car is a well-used 2003 Pontiac Aztek, repainted a pale non-factory dull-green chosen by series creator Vince Gilligan perhaps to mimic a faded original paint job and thus symbolize Walt's previous bland existence. The windshield has been broken and replaced several times due to catastrophes both great and small, all traceable to Walt's descent into the drug world. Though Pontiac's Aztek was widely derided as ugly, overpriced and beset with quality issues (it never met sales quotas), it has built a loyal following for its versatility and is considered something of a good used-car deal - a deliberate analogy maybe to Walt's survival skills in his dangerous second career. The show's production keeps at least 2 Azteks equipped for different filming situations.

The actor who portrays Walter Jr. in the series (RJ Mitte), actually has cerebral palsy like his character on the show. However, his real life affliction is much milder than his character's, and he had to learn to walk with crutches and slow down his speech to play the part.

Characters and their values are represented by the colors they wear. Skyler is usually dressed in blue and Jesse in yellow and red (when he is in recovery, he wears gray). Walter wears green because he is stuck between his family and the drug trade. When the Whites' daughter is born, pink is introduced to the spectrum. Similar color patterns show up during the series. The DEA agents, Hank and Gomez, wear orange, representing police. Marie is usually in purple and many of the other doctors on the show are seen in it as well. And Jane, the recovering heroin addict, wears black.

The title of the series is spelled using the chemical symbols for bromine ("Br"wink, and barium ("Ba"wink. Chemical symbols from the periodic table of the elements also appear in every name in the opening credits: a single capital letter, or letter-pair with only the first letter capitalized (in line with scientific convention), shown in a differing color.

When characters on the show are smoking meth, they are actually smoking sugar or rock candy but do not inhale.

Walter White's alias, Heisenberg, is a tribute to Werner Heisenberg, who formulated the uncertainty principle, which states that it is impossible to determine simultaneously both the position and velocity of an electron or any other particle with any great degree of accuracy or certainty.

In the beginning of each episode, the chemical formula C10H15N along with the number 149.24 and the word "Meth" can be seen just before the title Breaking Bad appears. C10H15N is the formula for methamphetamine, which has the molecular weight of 149.24.

Lead actor Bryan Cranston stated in an interview that the term "breaking bad" is a southern colloquialism and it means when someone who has taken a turn off the path of the straight and narrow, when they've gone wrong. And that could be for that day or for a lifetime.

During filming, the introduction of Wendy the prostitute was briefly interrupted when a non-actor attempted to pick up actress Julia Minesci, mistaking her for a prostitute.

Samuel L. Jackson showed up unannounced during filming on the Pollos Hermanos set one day, dressed in his Nick Fury outfit from "The Avengers". Both productions of Breaking Bad and The Avengers were happening on the same studio lot, and Jackson wanted to be an extra during the scene being filmed. The producers denied his request to appear as Nick Fury on the show.

A main plot point of Breaking Bad concerns the main character, Walt, being a bona fide chemistry genius. Marius Stan, who plays Walt's impressively-eyebrowed boss at the carwash Bogdan, in real life is an actual chemistry genius. He has a PhD in Chemistry, and still works in that field. Breaking Bad was his first foray into acting.

The pseudonym for 'Bob Odendkirk''s character Saul Goodman is derived from "it's all good, man."

Vince Gilligan revealed that AMC allowed only one use of the term 'Bleep' per season. Gilligan took this opportunity and used it with effect at all times.

1 Like

Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by SIRcumalot: 12:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
Their are many crazy scene in this show my favorite was the "atm crushing head scene" and the awkward scene where walt hits on the principal comes to mind
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by chromatic: 4:54pm On Sep 29, 2013
Interesting!
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by westcodes(m): 5:03am On Sep 30, 2013
WOW!!!!! What a finale.... Walter White is a frickin' legend.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by Fourcade(m): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2013
westcodes: WOW!!!!! What a finale.... Walter White is a frickin' legend.

True that!

#GoodbyeBreakingBad sad
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by VillageBoi(m): 8:46am On Sep 30, 2013
What an ending!

Thanks for the ride 'Breaking Bad'.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by khanivorous(f): 9:05am On Sep 30, 2013
VillageBoi:
What an ending!

Thanks for the ride 'Breaking Bad'.

DAMN!!!
WHAT AN ENDING
MAGNIFICENT!
OUTSTANDING!

Making baaad so gooood
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by SIRcumalot: 11:29am On Sep 30, 2013
E sweeeet!!!!
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by tuagbo: 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
"Breaking bad" received a typical boring "Hollywood end."The show should have ended after "Hank" arrested "Walt".Everything else after that was nothing but unnecessary prolonged drama.Good show but a poor end."The journey to the destination was more enjoyable than the destination itself."
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by khanivorous(f): 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
tuagbo: "Breaking bad" received a typical boring "Holllywood end."The show should have ended after "Hank" arrested "Walt".Everything thing else after that was nothing but unnecessary prolonged drama.Good show but a poor end."The journey to the destination was more enjoyable than the destination itself."

So walter white gun blazing display on those white supremacist and jesse strangling todd was boring?! Huh!

You are definitely joyless
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by westcodes(m): 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
tuagbo: "Breaking bad" received a typical boring "Holllywood end."The show should have ended after "Hank" arrested "Walt".Everything thing else after that was nothing but unnecessary prolonged drama.Good show but a poor end."The journey to the destination was more enjoyable than the destination itself."

It's indiscernible how many people will have gotten away with their crimes if it ended then. All the loose ends were tied up and everybody got what they deserved. I don't wanna call you joyless but it will take a lot to appease you!
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by tuagbo: 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
"Breaking Bad" had a lazy finale(chewing gum for the eyes).The show's writers succumbed and gave the fans a "pat on the back";every ambiguity resolved and motives needlessly explained.It demeaned the depth of the characters and the story.
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by chromatic: 9:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
Finally watched the finale, it was tough not checking social media all day( self imposed embargo)..Wow! What a show! Take a bow!!
Neatly wrapped..I got no superlatives for the amazing 5years man..
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by westcodes(m): 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
tuagbo: "Breaking Bad" had a lazy finale(chewing gum for the eyes).The show's writers succumbed and gave the fans a "pat on the back";every ambiguity resolved and motives needlessly explained.It demeaned the depth of the characters and the story.

What would you have suggested?
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by Brisingr(m): 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
It ended exactly like I wanted also I enjoyed the skinny P and badger cameo.
issues with finale guy, how would you end the show.
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by tuagbo: 11:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
What made "Breaking Bad" a great show was the unpredictability of the storylines.The show's finale was too predictable and simplistic(it was like an Arnold Schwarznegger movie in the 1980s).The show would have ended perfectly when "Hank" arrested "Walt" but the writers preferred to spoon-feed the viewers by explaining everything.My biggest problem with the last episode was why the white supremacist leader cared if "Walt" thought he was a liar when "Walt" would soon be dead anyway(shoot him and get it over with!!)They should have learnt how to end a show from "The Sopranos."
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by Brisingr(m): 8:28am On Oct 01, 2013
The sopranoes ending is crap,I love that show but that blacks screen stunt at the end ? Many people enjoy that but it didn't sit well with me no resolution what so ever the Tony survive or he got shot we will never know. But here Walter couldn't redeem himself but he tried at least an ending with Walter alive ,in jail or worse escaped with the money would suck big time.
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by rhowly(m): 10:33am On Oct 01, 2013
Breaking Bad even before it's conclusion was rated 13th best series movie of all times. Def a stand out...satisfying ending or not
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by Pet79(m): 12:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
Best Tv series so far dis year. What s great season finale. I will truly miss all d drama especially Mr. White d great Heisenberg and my stupid Jesse Pinkman who can not do anything right. If there is any consolation thank God they have started viewing Greys Anatomy Season 10 and I'm seriously waiting for walking dead season 4. Goodbye Breaking Bad
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by VillageBoi(m): 7:37am On Oct 05, 2013
Heisenberg gets a 'real' obituary in an Albuquerque newspaper!

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/breaking-bad-walter-white-obit-1200694265/
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
My first impressions of this series was wrong, i went back and continued from where i stopped, am in season 4 now, and this is probably the best tv series i have ever watched, everything about the Movie just makes sense(unlike My favourite supernatural), but una don use spoilers scatter the thing for me o.

1 Like

Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by Iceman296: 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
..Great Movie, I think That Jesse Pinkman Character was Just the Cause of all the Trouble Walter white Encountered Especially in Seasons 2 &3.

Ironically, Walter white Grew Emotionally Attached to Silly Pinkman. I love the way Saul Goodman Speaks and the Jokes Hanks Cracks Up!

Breaking Bad is Undoubtedly a great Movie Check Out the Ratings

metro.co.uk/2013/09/05/breaking-bad-is-officially-the-greatest-tv-show-of-all-time-3951769/

m.hollywoodreporter.com/bastard-machine/breaking-bad-greatest-series-tv-606472
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by Deomovies: 9:47pm On Nov 24, 2018
hello Guys! you can get latest and Top Rated TV Series inside External drives in HD quality with subtitle files @ best price. if you're in Lagos and you have drive, we can set a meeting. Holla me

https:///+2348144238327
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion Thread by Pankaj005: 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2019
Walt still remains my favorite character. Don't you just love when skinny Pete and badger have a conversation?

I loved breaking bad since season 1. You can watch it live here https://allfreetvshows.com/tvshows/breaking-bad/
Breaking Bad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TSTV :: Connecting Your World / Sleepy Hollow: Season 3 Episode 1 Download Link / Nonso Diobi Aims Higher In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.