Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,403 members, 7,800,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Relocating To New Zealand - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To New Zealand (5063 Views)

See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand / Relocating To Abuja From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To New Zealand by oolumide: 12:35am On Sep 13, 2013
Dear nairalanders. What is your view of new zealand skilled immigrants programme. I am beginning to give it a serious thought with my family of two children. I am just getting tired of staying back here in niger. But note I work and I earn close to 10m in nigeria. But I also have basic requirement in restaurant management. Your candid thoughts. Regards
Re: Relocating To New Zealand by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:54am On Sep 13, 2013
I think Australia has a better prospect for skilled immigrate and since u also want to try ur luck in restaurant mgt, i think Aussie got better cultural diversity and alot of 9ja abound there. All d best though. New Zealand cud still be cool, but dnt knw much abt d country

1 Like

Re: Relocating To New Zealand by oolumide: 1:04am On Sep 13, 2013
thanks. well i am also looking at opportunities in each country, but competition by other immigrants make Australia a not too attractive one for me.
Re: Relocating To New Zealand by Nobody: 4:33am On Sep 13, 2013
Restuarant management?? what does that mean?? Do you want to open a restaurant?? I advise you not to because who and who are you expecting to patronize you?? OZ as the poster sunnydayasaba as suggested is a better place for you and even when you get there having a restaurant might not be a good work.
Re: Relocating To New Zealand by solomonwis(m): 6:22am On Sep 13, 2013
babe_online: Restuarant management?? what does that mean?? Do you want to open a restaurant?? I advise you not to because who and who are you expecting to patronize you?? OZ as the poster sunnydayasaba as suggested is a better place for you and even when you get there having a restaurant might not be a good work.

Ever heard of African shops/restaurant?

The growing number of immigrants from Africa in Australia/New Zealand makes this {Restaurant management} appealing and lucrative! Who says foreigners don't want to try out african cuisines too? Of course,they included Restaurant management as part of the skilled occupations because of the projection into the future!

So,there are loads of potential customers waiting to be served delicious sumptuous meal and Restaurant Management is the way to go!
Re: Relocating To New Zealand by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 13, 2013
solomonwis:

Ever heard of African shops/restaurant?

The growing number of immigrants from Africa in Australia/New Zealand makes this {Restaurant management} appealing and lucrative! Who says foreigners don't want to try out african cuisines too? Of course,they included Restaurant management as part of the skilled occupations because of the projection into the future!

So,there are loads of potential customers waiting to be served delicious sumptuous meal and Restaurant Management is the way to go!
I know African shops/restaurants. It is very pointless opening one in New Zealand. It is equally useless opening one in Aussie but its still better than having one in NZ.

http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/africans/page-1
Re: Relocating To New Zealand by solomonwis(m): 6:51am On Sep 13, 2013
babe_online:
I know African shops/restaurants. It is very pointless opening one in New Zealand. It is equally useless opening one in Aussie but its still better than having one in NZ.

http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/africans/page-1

Who is talking about opening a shop? Besides what makes it pointless even with the link you posted? My little economics taught me that breaking even does not necessarily have to do with volume! Items from an African shops are more expensive making up for any potential loss.

Truth is,immigrants to NZ/OZ are growing and food is one of the things they'd consider when making a choice!

Looking at it from another angle,who says an african restaurant manager can not manage a shop/restaurant where items from any part of the world is on sale?what happen to the listing of restaurant management in the skilled occupations list? A projection has been made about requiring a large number of restaurant managers to serve the growing population.

Either as an African shop/Restaurant Manager or as an OZ/NZ manager the prospect for that occupation is high up there.

Bottom line,it is pointless to think Restaurant Managers have no prospect when all indicators point to the high premium value placed on them!

1 Like

Re: Relocating To New Zealand by oolumide: 7:52am On Sep 13, 2013
Thanks guys for your comments. I think I need to make something clear, when i said restaurant management i mean to work in established restaurant chain there, since i have so much experience in that and i have managed international brands in Nigeria before now. sorry about not clearly stating what i mean.
Re: Relocating To New Zealand by solomonwis(m): 8:00am On Sep 13, 2013
oolumide: Thanks guys for your comments. I think I need to make something clear, when i said restaurant management i mean to work in established restaurant chain there, since i have so much experience in that and i have managed international brands in Nigeria before now. sorry about not clearly stating what i mean.

We are still talking about the same thing here bro. We are not talking about some roadside shop/restaurant. You know the process of opening such is demanding as well as require a high level of professionalism.

Now to assume that there will be no need for Walmart,Mcdonalds,Tesco,Sainsburry in NZ/OZ as well as people who ho would work in them is pointless.

I still maintain the prospect of Restaurant Managers is high either in OZ or in NZ. Needless to point to the fact that the occupation is always listed in the occupation list all of the time-reason being the value placed on them
Re: Relocating To New Zealand by oolumide: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2013
What about the immigration process. Has anybody in the how try to do it before. What are the challenges. My score is 110 and minimum requirement is 100.
Re: Relocating To New Zealand by solomonwis(m): 11:25am On Sep 13, 2013
oolumide: What about the immigration process. Has anybody in the how try to do it before. What are the challenges. My score is 110 and minimum requirement is 100.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/skilledmigrant/

I think there are more people heading OZ than NZ. With OZ PR,NZ is a piece of cake but it is not totally the other way round.
Re: Relocating To New Zealand by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
solomonwis:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/skilledmigrant/

I think there are more people heading OZ than NZ. With OZ PR,NZ is a piece of cake but it is not totally the other way round.

cool
Re: Relocating To New Zealand by oolumide: 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
@jennykadry, tell me what is on your mind. is it that you doubt solomonwis

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Living In Boston, Ma / Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First / Lagos Subway Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.