Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,718 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market (7305 Views)

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Kaduna Government Demolishes All Islamic Movement Properties, Cemeteries - Musa / 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by MayorofLagos(m): 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Enugu forced them out, instead of staying to fight they will pack up their nylon bags and head to West to burden Yorubaland in the name of Nigeria.
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by StOla: 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
ichidodo: Amplified it to what degree? That you would prefer punitive measures from a stranger to that of your own kin? If it came from my own kins man, there is a high probability it is for our own good but from a man e.g Fashola from a tribe of shmuckfaces with a history of betrayal and treachery? Thanx but no thanx. Please spare us the hypocrisy talk we all know who invented it and killed himself.

Wow!

The bolded gives me no reason to ever question the motives of the Lagos State Government or any other state in the country to sanitise their environments even if it means interfering with the economic activities/criminalities of their Igbo residents.

If you are unwilling to embrace development initiatives outside of your own land, then why not reside within your own land ruled by your trusted kinsman? What is so alluring about this tribe of Shmuckfaces?

You have really wowed me about the Igbo man's objectivity. Now you have reminded me of the Sardauna's opinion of the Igbo man.

I am even more wowed that the notorious/notable members of the Igbo wing of Nairaland's E-tribalist have not voiced their opinions yet, thus limiting this thread to just 3pages so far.

2 Likes

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Eledan: 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
St.Ola:

Wow!

The bolded gives me no reason to ever question the motives of the Lagos State Government or any other state in the country to sanitise their environments even if it means interfering with the economic activities/criminalities of their Igbo residents.

If you are unwilling to embrace development initiatives outside of your own land, then why not reside within your own land ruled by your trusted kinsman? What is so alluring about this tribe of Shmuckfaces?

You have really wowed me about the Igbo man's objectivity. Now you have reminded me of the Sardauna's opinion of the Igbo man.

I am even more wowed that the notorious/notable members of the Igbo wing of Nairaland's E-tribalist have not voiced their opinions yet, thus limiting this thread to just 3pages so far.

That guy is a disgrace to his village...

I felt personally embarrassed with his comment.
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Tinyemeka(m): 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
ketoprofen:

i knw where u are going to, but old park also harbours a market.
Now, they want to demolish it for shopping malls.
Is d park for malls too?
Bro, it boils down to overriding interests that would favour the government the most.

In your own understanding, which do you think would yield the most taxes to govt? Is it Polo Mall as it stands now (with Shoprite, Game, Genesis cinema, etc) or that conglomerate of beer parlours and joints which hitherto occupied that space?

Same would apply to that Old Park area. They would lease it to the better bidder that would guarantee steady returns, in this case, another shopping mall.

It's the way I see it though.
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by mekaboy(m): 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
Tinyemeka:
Bro, it boils down to overriding interests that would favour the government the most.

In your own understanding, which do you think would yield the most taxes to govt? Is it Polo Mall as it stands now (with Shoprite, Game, Genesis cinema, etc) or that conglomerate of beer parlours and joints which hitherto occupied that space?

Same would apply to that Old Park area. They would lease it to the better bidder that would guarantee steady returns, in this case, another shopping mall.

Have you forgotten that it is govt of the people, by the people, +for the people+ .

You are making it sound like the government is working for the govt and not the people.

If the govt focuses on the technical aspect of development and ignores the human factor. It will build a working system that will be rejected.

So while the govt is focus on rapid development, it shld ensure to develop the people as well. Enugu is dominated with civil servants and traders. The traders already noticing a decline in patronage because of the shoprite mall.

Now you take the business area from the without alternative? The most dangerous man to fight is the man who has nothing to loose. I pray it does not get to the point when pple have nothing to loose in enugu. The cld do unimaginable things.

2 Likes

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
sylvalord:
senseless mofo.. Werin concern fashola with enugu?
You can't detect sarcasm and I'm the senseless one?
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by chiketee(m): 6:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
Tinyemeka:
Choi! So you go there? smiley
How come we no jam?

Try Mama Onyinye, besides Polo Mall. For a jazzifying experience. wink
Mama onyinye and her big pieces of jacky meat undecided
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
I expected this thread to have hit like 57 pages by now. Where are you guys? Come and condemn Fashola, I saw him in Enugu on tuesday. Now, we see why this happened! I'm no longer shocked.

1 Like

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Tinyemeka:
Choi! So you go there? smiley
How come we no jam?

Try Mama Onyinye, besides Polo Mall. For a jazzifying experience. wink

For real?! Enugu, here I come!! grin
Warn Sullivan to stay away from dere oº°˚! angry angry
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
chiketee:
Mama onyinye and her big pieces of jacky meat undecided

Eziokwu?!! shocked shocked shocked undecided
Anu jaki?! Mba oº°˚!! She be Ebonyi woman?!
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Loskee(f): 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
SimonAndal: Good! That place is a pigsty. Highly unfit to be called a market in this age. It belongs in the 2nd century.

shocked shocked shocked WONDERFUL! SIMON ANDAL DIDN'T TALK ABOUT THE OBAMA SOUL MICROCHIP AND ILLUMATI TODAY grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by nadico(m): 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
the topic said Enugu govt demolished old park. there Is on where the topic said Enugu govt demolished old park market. one thing I believe in this country is that we are alien to change.
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by whitecat007: 1:41am On Sep 14, 2013
Well! No worries! They are all on their way to Lagos
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nmeri17: 9:26am On Sep 14, 2013
I really feel for my friends in that market whose means of livelihood is what is being demolished. I even kno many that indeed built they lives in that market owning several shops and all that. Dear enugu govt pls have a re think about this cry
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Aedesmuskeeto: 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
Just 3 pages
Now i know the region which breeds tribalistic mofos....
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by ketoprofen(m): 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
Tinyemeka:

what abt building it at another site other than the old park area?
Is old park d only place where they saw lands .
Wat happened to Emene, etc. U dont displace employed ppl like dat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Huge Crowd At APC Rally In Oregon USA. As Obama Introduces GMB, / Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. / Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.