Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,344 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? (125743 Views)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / Love Reading, Right? Well, Check This Site Out! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
repogirl: @anonimous, did u know that was the next audio book I was going on to? After that anthills of the savannah, its Chinua Achebe reading spree for me.
I'm thinking about focusing more on African writers, get a feel of African writing, been reading too many foreign books, I almost feel foreign, lol.

@reineviolet. Just finished with americannah and I dnt want to give spoilers but I didn't like the end. For all her realism, I felt chimamanda compromised in the end. Concluding the story how she felt her readers would like it, she should have remained true to her cynicism. Hope I haven't spoilt it for you, its an awesome book and you'll enjoy it.

Oh I love it when writers spoil the end....I like it when it goes completely different as planed and honest, you didn't give any spoiler grin. It shows she's a very good writer when you don't give your readers what they hope for (someone told me that, don't know how true that is lipsrsealed - don't quote me on that though wink ). You are just making me so eager to read it now grin grin
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by repogirl(f): 9:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
grin, great, please read and share ur thoughts on it when u're done.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
Not a penny more, not a penny less - Jeffery Archer.

Page ? I literally just started.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Kslib(m): 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
Emergency--- Denis Johnson..
Just started...
All izz well!
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by BabaAlabi: 11:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Game Of Thrones-Clash of Kings

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Ichliebedich(f): 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
There was a country by chinua achebe
page 11
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by UjSizzle(f): 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
A Song of Ice and Fire: A Dance of Dragons
pg 976 *phew* about 600pages left and i can curse R.R Martins for delaying Winds of Winter smiley
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
There was a country by Chinua Achebe.

Started last night.. page 231!
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Ajibel(m): 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
Learning python page 290 (pdf) grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mynd44: 10:45am On Sep 18, 2013
Percy Jackson 3: "The Titan's curse"
page 17 Pdf
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
Alexander Ripley "Lorenzo" paper back pg. 30.

Begins really well.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by amanda2013(f): 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
There was a country by chinua Achebe. Pg 41.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by OMA4U(m): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
amanda2013: There was a country by chinua Achebe. Pg 41.

I don't like that book at all. I just dumped it somewhere. Achebe is portraying the Igbos as more superior to others.

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mynd44: 8:22am On Sep 19, 2013
"Harry potter and the Sorcerer's stone."

pdf, page 19
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by saiddigge(m): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
Jumper (sci-fi novel) by Steven Gould. I'm at chapter 23
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by saiddigge(m): 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2013
ledafaze:

hahahaha.... Reading brings the fun that is being hidden in the movies... things you dont see and thereby cant interprete... like the ambience... posture and sorts of.

Books have much more details, nuances, thoughts and stuff that will be skipped in the books
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by saiddigge(m): 12:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
adaobi123: Not a penny more, not a penny less - Jeffery Archer.

Page ? I literally just started.

Fantastic book. You'll enjoy it
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by repogirl(f): 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
saiddigge:

Seconded, my first ever Archer book, fell in love instantly. Archer will remain one of the best even after death.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by MissTutu(f): 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
Just done reading exlusive by sandra brown
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2013
saiddigge:

I am so far... smiley

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by An0nimus: 4:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
"The Old man and the sea" - Ernest Hemingway. Pg11
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by UjSizzle(f): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
Cujo----Stephen King

Page? I never chop liver open am yet tongue
Seriously if the reviews are anything to go by, am not looking forward to reading it then *shivers*
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by OMA4U(m): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mynd_44: "Harry potter and the Sorcerer's stone."

pdf, page 19

please, can you post the link or forward it to me?
Thanks
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mynd44: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
OMA4U:

please, can you send it to me?
Thanks
Do you have an epub reader?

@Topic,
Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone

page 190
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mynd44: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
Now reading
"Harry Potter and the Chambers of secret"

pdf page 1
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mynd_44: Now reading
"Harry Potter and the Chambers of secret"

pdf page 1

I have all of them in pdf! Even the Bourne series, and some Sidney Sheldon..
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
uj_sizzle: Cujo----Stephen King

Page? I never chop liver open am yet tongue
Seriously if the reviews are anything to go by, am not looking forward to reading it then *shivers*

I read Cujo and Geralds game , fear no gree me read any SK book again!! embarassed embarassed
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mynd44: 7:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
tchidi:

I have all of them in pdf! Even the Bourne series, and some Sidney Sheldon..
Can you send me the borne series?

Please
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mynd44: 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
tchidi:

I read Cujo and Geralds game , fear no gree me read any SK book again!! embarassed embarassed
Did you read "IT"?

Learn of the festival of chud
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mynd_44:
Can you send me the borne series?

Please

I don't know how to send it... How do I do it?! Attach through yahoomail?!
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mynd44: 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2013
tchidi:

I don't know how to send it... How do I do it?! Attach through yahoomail?!
You can mail it to me. If you can attach through yahoomail, great
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by OMA4U(m): 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mynd_44:
Do you have an epub reader?

@Topic,
Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone

page 190

Yes, I have. You can also forward the other Harry potter series you have.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (61) (Reply)

S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / The Godmother / Despite All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.