Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? - Literature (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? (125751 Views)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / Love Reading, Right? Well, Check This Site Out! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hackers and Painters by Paul Graham.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Kaycee7(m): 5:32pm On Jan 20, 2016
Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts. ( I adore this woman)
Page 92
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Babe2sure(f): 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
Reading the much talked about book, Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews. I'm on page 64.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by sage1000: 10:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
SirWere:
Just finished reading "The Way of kings" by Brandon Sanderson. Can anyone tell me where to download the second book "Words of Radiance" in Stormlight Archive series Adey beg

Torrent is the way to go
mobilism.net will also work. This links to an epub copy http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1293&t=870832&hilit=words+of+radiance

alternatively send me your email address and I will send you a copy.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Thecholeric(m): 6:44am On Jan 21, 2016
Just stumbled on 'A message for young Nigerians' by Tai Solarin.On page 73.mind blowing and thought provoking...'may you have a hard time this year,may there be plenty of troubles for you this year!...'A must read for everyone!
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
sage1000:

Torrent is the way to go
mobilism.net will also work. This links to an epub copy http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1293&t=870832&hilit=words+of+radiance

alternatively send me your email address and I will send you a copy.
Thanks bro. I've already read the book online though. Patiently waiting for book 3 and book 6 of Game of thrones.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2016
just finished Slaughter house five by Vonnegut' the sun also rises by Hemingway currently reading faithful and fallen series by john Gwynne.
but really just waiting for the Morningstar
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
blood meridian by Cormack McCarthy the kind worth killing by peter Swanson
@Moneyallowed what did you think about morningstar ? hit all the sweet spot for me. we may still get more books in the future.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
SIRcumalot:
blood meridian by Cormack McCarthy
the kind worth killing by peter Swanson

@Moneyallowed what did you think about morningstar ?
hit all the sweet spot for me. we may still get more books in the future.

Morningstar was a great! Especially loved how Darrow's character arc came full circle, cold and calculating meets impulsive and unpredictable. I think he's more Gold than Red now, at least in the way he thinks.

What I didn't like about it was the unresolved threads, trust you know the ones I mean. Feels like it needs another spinoff to round things up. Oh and I also hated Mustang for the whole "judging him worthy" thing, didn't make sense especially when Darrow did that thing he did to Romulus, and she didn't find out. How on earth didn't she find out??

Also, Sevro!!! My new favourite fictional character! I wish NL had the option of changing one's moniker. I would drop moneyallowed and adopt Sevro, or Howler 1

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 6:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
spoilers for morningstar below

yeah Mustang reasoning was flawed Darrow's mother reason for keeping Pax a secret made more sense.
my favourite part about the whole book was how "peace didn't ultimately reign immediately" we still have hold out all over the galaxy and Darrow giving up those son of Ares to Romulus and the blowing up of his dockyard with colours still present made it more realistic.
if I had any complain at all it will be about the jackal wish we knew more about him aside from being a smart,psycho "that want to be loved motivation" doesn't do it for me.

concerning unresolved thread do you mean the ashlord,Romulus and the gold war lords ?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 2:35am On Feb 20, 2016
SIRcumalot:
spoilers for morningstar below

yeah Mustang reasoning was flawed Darrow's mother reason for keeping Pax a secret made more sense.
my favourite part about the whole book was how "peace didn't ultimately reign immediately" we still have hold out all over the galaxy and Darrow giving up those son of Ares to Romulus and the blowing up of his dockyard with colours still present made it more realistic.
if I had any complain at all it will be about the jackal wish we knew more about him aside from being a smart,psycho "that want to be loved motivation" doesn't do it for me.

concerning unresolved thread do you mean the ashlord,Romulus and the gold war lords ?
All of the above. I'd love to see how that turned out.

That part you mentioned was my least favourite, did he have to give them up? I still hate Cassius, inspire of his redemption, and I dislike Mustang. Trust an Augustus to end up in power when all is said and done, the snakes! Just like the Lannisters, you can never trust em
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 6:09am On Feb 20, 2016
moneyallowed:

All of the above. I'd love to see how that turned out.

That part you mentioned was my least favourite, did he have to give them up? I still hate Cassius, inspire of his redemption, and I dislike Mustang. Trust an Augustus to end up in power when all is said and done, the snakes! Just like the Lannisters, you can never trust em
I think he had too ,sometimes sweet talking and reaping just don't work,sacrifices must be made.
The power struggle between sevro and darrow in the earlier chapter was brilliant,also he lost his skill with the blade.
The only character I really hated was Antonia no redeeming quality whatsoever Roque,Cassius and thistle had some.
You know the Golds will never agree to be ruled by Darrow. Mustang as the leader was always the end game.
I could go on and on about this book
I don't think I have ever been more satisfied by a trilogy.

Have you read butcher's aeronaut windlass ?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 11:43am On Feb 20, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I think he had too ,sometimes sweet talking and reaping just don't work,sacrifices must be made.
The power struggle between sevro and darrow in the earlier chapter was brilliant,also he lost his skill with the blade.
The only character I really hated was Antonia no redeeming quality whatsoever Roque,Cassius and thistle had some.
You know the Golds will never agree to be ruled by Darrow. Mustang as the leader was always the end game.
I could go on and on about this book
I don't think I have ever been more satisfied by a trilogy.

Have you read butcher's aeronaut windlass ?

You know this! The trilogy was excellent, I still can't decide which was my favorite book in the series. I hear the film rights have already been sold! Can't wait to see it in cinemas

Haven't read it yet, it's on my to read list
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 2:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
moneyallowed:

You know this! The trilogy was excellent, I still can't decide which was my favorite book in the series. I hear the film rights have already been sold! Can't wait to see it in cinemas

Haven't read it yet, it's on my to read list
heard it wasn't very good still have to decide for myself sometime soon
any other major book coming out this year ? i can only think of the fourth book in the gentlemen bastard series
don't be to eager to see it on screen they will water down so many epic moments to reach a broader audience.especially if its lionsgate just forget am.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2016
SIRcumalot:

heard it wasn't very good still have to decide for myself sometime soon
any other major book coming out this year ? i can only think of the fourth book in the gentlemen bastard series
don't be to eager to see it on screen they will water down so many epic moments to reach a broader audience.especially if its lionsgate just forget am.
I'm looking forward to Fall of Light (Kharkanas Trilogy - Steven Erikson), The Last Mortal Bond (final book of Unhewn throne) and Blood Mirror (Lightbringer series).
Yea Hollywood is a bit hit and miss with adaptations but they're looking serious about Red Rising. I think they see the potential. It's Universal so that's good I guess

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 21, 2016
The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Aspireahead(m): 9:29am On Feb 21, 2016
Thecholeric:
Just stumbled on 'A message for young Nigerians' by Tai Solarin.On page 73.mind blowing and thought provoking...'may you have a hard time this year,may there be plenty of troubles for you this year!...'A must read for everyone!
our lecturer use his 'may your path be rough' quote in one of his book, students got angry, the man made us do a research as to where the statement came 4rm. Btw, how much did the book cost?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 11:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
SirChotas:
The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma.
Can you please send it to me? I haven't got it yet, biko.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 11:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
Now reading The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson. Hopefully, it'll be much better than the last thriller I read; NYPD Red by James Patterson. Before that, I read Night Music by JoJo Moyes which isn't Me Before You. Before that, I read Marrow by Tarryn Fisher. I've been busy. Lol.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Painpill: 4:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
Just finished "Nowhere in Africa" by Stefanie Zweig, starting the sequel anytime soonsmiley
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 7:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
I just finished Warheart, the last book in the Richard and Kahlan series(Sword of Truth). I wish I had stopped at "Confessor". The book(Warheart) is heart-shattering angry angry angry
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Caracta(f): 11:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
adexsimply:
I just finished Warheart, the last book in the Richard and Kahlan series(Sword of Truth). I wish I had stopped at "Confessor". The book(Warheart) is heart-shattering angry angry angry

I want! Please sad

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 11:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
Caracta:

I want! Please sad
I had the intention of sending it to you but I was thinking of your schedule. Well, a great shock awaits you tongue.

Sent
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Caracta(f): 11:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
adexsimply:
I had the intention of sending it to you but I was thinking of your schedule. Well, a great shock awaits you tongue.

Sent

Huh? Who died? Send to me. I'll find a way around it.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 11:31pm On Feb 29, 2016
Caracta:

Huh? Who died? Send to me. I'll find a way around it.
I've sent it. I don't want to spoil it for you. It'll be my pleasure though cheesy

TBH, Terry Goodkind should have ended the series at confessor. Great ending. Cara found love,Nicci got vengeance, Jagang got served etc. But no, he had to create those silly sequels. Why kill Zed? Why kill ... angry
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Caracta(f): 11:34pm On Feb 29, 2016
adexsimply:
I've sent it. I don't want to spoil it for you. It'll be my pleasure though cheesy

TBH, Terry Goodkind should have ended the series at confessor. Great ending. Cara found love,Nicci got vengeance, Jagang got served etc. But no, he had to create those silly sequels. Why kill Zed? Why kill ... angry

shocked shocked shocked Did I ask you?? ?? ?

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 11:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
Caracta:

shocked shocked shocked Did I ask you?? ?? ?
lol... that was actually from the previous book, severed soul. I guess you missed that, it seems you stopped at the third kingdom.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Caracta(f): 11:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
adexsimply:
lol... that was actually from the previous book, severed soul. I guess you missed that, it seems you stopped at the third kingdom.

I started (Last?) Confessor but still on it. I think i missed Severed Soul because of the underworld nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 11:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
I just finished Flint by Louis L'Amour, that was actually the second time I'll be reading it. I'm feeling so western these days, so I just converted all my Louis L'Amour to PDF cool.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 11:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
Caracta:

I started (Last?) Confessor but still on it. I think i missed Severed Soul because of the underworld nonsense.
Nope. First confessor is different from Confessor. First confessor is the legend of Magda Searus, it's not part of the series. Confessor is the 11th(and last) book of the Sword of Truth series, after Chainfire. That was where emperor Jagang was killed, Richard divided the world into two, Cara married Commander Meiffert etc.
The omen machine is the first book of the sequel to SOT. It was themed; the story of Richard and Kahlan and it marked the beginning of Terry Goodkind's(the author) insanity. He just started writing nonsense.
The third kingdom is the second of the squel.
Severed soul is the third - yes, it's just a load of underworld gibberish!
Warheart is the fourth (and last) book.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
Illuminatus:

Can you please send it to me? I haven't got it yet, biko.
You can get it here --->
http://forum.ucweb.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1013498&highlight=chigozie%2Bobioma
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 7:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
Illuminatus:
Now reading The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson. Hopefully, it'll be much better than the last thriller I read; NYPD Red by James Patterson. Before that, I read Night Music by JoJo Moyes which isn't Me Before You. Before that, I read Marrow by Tarryn Fisher. I've been busy. Lol.

the kind worth killing that book dey alright o everytime I think about that ending I go just dey laff

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (61) (Reply)

S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / The Godmother / Despite All Odds

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.