Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,872 members, 7,798,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Some Great Free Applications (and Download Links) For Your Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some Great Free Applications (and Download Links) For Your Android Device (1367 Views)

How To Install And Download PES 2015 Apk + Data For Android Free. / Top Android 3d Hd Games Under 50mb With Download Links / S60v1 & 2 Applications And Games Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Great Free Applications (and Download Links) For Your Android Device by hawqer: 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
I have stumbled across thread asking "where can i download apps for my android phone?". I once left a list of sites on Nairaland with links to different sites but for some reason the mods hid it. So this time around i have a comprehensive list (on my site though) and links to download them. To avoid people complaining about downloding applications from untrusted sources, i decided to limit chose apps to just the ones obtainable from Google Playstore.

Note: The apps listed cut across different genres so it isnt a list of "top 10 most awesome android games" or "10 great productivity apps". You can always add more if you wish. Here goes;

Web Browser: Google Chrome

The default browser you use on your Android device is a personal preference thing. Google Chrome syncs to my desktop and runs really well on my phone. It is also the default browser on my Nexus 7 tablet.

PHOTOGRAPHY: PHOTOSHOP TOUCH
This is a pretty decent app if you know a thing or two about photo editing and graphic design. If you don’t have an understanding of graphic arts, some of the features may be lost on you. I’m not much for pictures but when I do take the occasional image, I like to tweak it and post to Facebook. Photoshop Touch comes in handy for this. It’s a paid app by the way.

AUDIO PLAYER: DOUBLE-TWIST
DoubleTwist is a really amazing audio player. Clean and clear UI makes for a really enjoyable audio player.

PRODUCTIVITY: EVERNOTE
Evernote Is such a valuable tool. Anything that you find online, can be saved and easily retrieved. There is a bit of a learning curve, but as soon as you get the hang of it, you would fall in love. Notes saved can be synced and accessed from Evernote apps for PC, Blackberry, IOS, Android etc. you can also access your saved notes offline on Android. I usually type notes into Evernote for Blackberry on My Bold 9790 and access it on my laptop when I get to the office.

UTILITY: ADVANCED TASK KILLER
The jury is still out on how vital a task manager is to android seeing as the newer version of Android comes with a pretty capable in-built task killer. If you do need a 3rd part app for this, ATK can come in hand for managing running apps on your device. This app allows you to identify apps which are not in use but active in the background and KILL THEM!

E-READER: ALDIKO

There are several e-readers available for Android but Aldiko has always been my favorite. Books are displayed in a shelf like state. You have the option to upload books downloaded and stored on your memory card into Aldiko. You also have the option to change font size, background, colour etc. It’s a totally cool application.

PHYSICAL FITNESS: CAYNAX A6W
Need to get fit, kill the extra tyres? No need to go to gym, look no further than Caynax Aerobic Weider Six - Caynax A6W - daily ab workout for perfect 6pack. Application contains workout schedule to perform in 42 days - just 6 weeks, no shortcuts. You can do this 6 pack abs workout at home so long as you remain faithful to the plan. One major function i enjoy is the Text to speech engine used during 6 pack workout. You get an image on the screen and an audio output counting on with you. Simply fantastic. I used this app….not as often as I should though.

PRODUCTIVITY: KINGSOFT OFFICE
Kingsoft Office is the only mobile Office with full-features (Word, Memo, Txt, Spreadsheet, Excel viewing, creating and editing) for FREE. It supports devices running on Android 2.1 and above. It is user-friendly and has a nice user interface. Average Rating of Kingsoft Office is up to 4.6 stars and its worth every star.

Read more and view download links plus reviews: http://hawqer.com/blog/63-great-softwares-for-your-android-device

Someone is going to have to teach me how to have images appear between text and hyperlink words so subsequent posts can be more....pictorial embarassed embarassed
Re: Some Great Free Applications (and Download Links) For Your Android Device by Osyxcel(m): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2013
Place images like this: [img]your image link here[/img]
Re: Some Great Free Applications (and Download Links) For Your Android Device by hawqer: 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
Osyxcel: Place images like this: [img]your image link here[/img]

Awesome. Thanks
Re: Some Great Free Applications (and Download Links) For Your Android Device by donmatin(m): 10:13am On Sep 15, 2013
Camscanner,don't waste dat ur small bread paying to scan ur documents or passport.

(1) (Reply)

Introducing The Xiaomi Mi4: Full Hands-on Review / Samsung Galaxy J7 Specs - Leaked / How To Send Free Unlimited Sms On All Networks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.