Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Can You Eat Food Without Meat? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Eat Food Without Meat? (8905 Views)

Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni / Scary: Which Of These Would You Eat For #50,000? / Tasty Simple Stew Without Meat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2013
It may seem like a kidding question but lets air our views; CAN YOU EAT FOOD WITHOUT MEAT?
Like for me personally, i can. But might not feel lyk normal except there's an egg or plantain or something other than d food itself.. But when i dey school nobody dey beg me chop o, i dey chop without even d egg....
What do u think nairalanders can u? Some people can while some can't. Asin capital 'NO'... lets hear you..
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by Rexphobia(m): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
Depends on the degree of hunger

5 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
Rexphobia: Depends on the degree of hunger
Hahahahahahahaha Rexphobia you funny o.. And honestly its true..kai but u go lyk food o

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by Ichliebedich(f): 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
Yes i can

3 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
I feel yo @Ich liebe dich...yk i said some people can...
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by nekaa(f): 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
It really depends, buh I hate to eat food without meat sha

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 14, 2013
Yeah.

Meat took forever to defrost and the stew/soup is ready...I just added mushroom & Tofu even better and healthier.

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
jidegirl12: Yeah.

Meat took forever to defrost and the stew/soup is ready...I just added mushroom & Tofu even better and healthier.

woops, i never knew there are people wo prefer MUSHROOM to MEAT..dats crious oo...hmmmm..there'r more we need to hear..
frontpage pls @mods

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
I prep them into portion and throw into freezer for times like this, takes less time to defrost , I season them and same with Tofu too, I season and bake them to dry out the moisture.

Taste really good.

Yes front page !!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by Glamglam(f): 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
I can. If there is no meat or I give the last remaining pieces of meat or fish to the kiddies (yes, I'm that nice grin). Otherwise, I'm a real meat lover. I even include pieces of chicken into my salad for lunch at work.
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
jidegirl12: I prep them into portion and throw into freezer for times like this, takes less time to defrost , I season them and same with Tofu too, I season and bake them to dry out the moisture.

Taste really good.

Yes front page !!!
Hmmmmmm dnt tempt me please... My second name is FFO(FOR FOOD ONLY)
But dear, isn't that more stressful as compared to preparing meat?
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2013
Glamglam: I can. If there is no meat or I give the last remaining pieces of meat or fish to the kiddies (yes, I'm that nice grin). Otherwise, I'm a real meat lover. I even include pieces of chicken into my salad for lunch at work.
I wish u were my sist.... Dats interesting... But dz one wey u dey put chicken for salad.... Oboi... I am learning new tinz.... Ohhhhh u said pieces of chicken.... Interesting...

Lets hear ur views nairalanders.. Plz mods help us @frontpage

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by An0nimus: 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
During my school days you wan try when boys dey chop 'without' gringringrin
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 15, 2013
absalom11:
Hmmmmmm dnt tempt me please... My second name is FFO(FOR FOOD ONLY)
But dear, isn't that more stressful as compared to preparing meat?

grin grin I tell you you will quit meat for a while if you try it. grin

Stressful kę? I always make large quantity ahead of time ( portion plastic freezer bags) and besides I invest more time into what goes into my family's tummy.

Mushroom:
I clean them with damp paper towel and season with pepper and ground Maggi , oil and bake till golden brown, ( color depends on type of mushroom you prefer), take it out and let it cool for a while before snacking/ bagging or any use. You can freeze prepped mushroom up to 2weeks.

Tofu
Cut into cubes and season with hot pepper and ground Maggi, oil and bake till brown.
Gawd help you from eating the whole thing up finish before use. Sweet die. grin

You can substitute to your own desired seasoning instead.

Add to any stew / soup oh la la. grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by drkay(m): 6:35am On Sep 15, 2013
I can eat a food without meat if there's need for me to, for instance, if am seriously hungry and the only meat available is what I don't eat, like pork.
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by MMotimo: 7:25am On Sep 15, 2013
Yes, I can
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2013
I can eat and cook without meat.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
jidegirl12:

grin grin I tell you you will quit meat for a while if you try it. grin

Stressful kę? I always make large quantity ahead of time ( portion plastic freezer bags) and besides I invest more time into what goes into my family's tummy.

Mushroom:
I clean them with damp paper towel and season with pepper and ground Maggi , oil and bake till golden brown, ( color depends on type of mushroom you prefer), take it out and let it cool for a while before snacking/ bagging or any use. You can freeze prepped mushroom up to 2weeks.

Tofu
Cut into cubes and season with hot pepper and ground Maggi, oil and bake till brown.
Gawd help you from eating the whole thing up finish before use. Sweet die. grin

You can substitute to your own desired seasoning instead.

Add to any stew / soup oh la la. grin
Nawa oo... Wish i culd try it... I guess my mom will beg me to cook on Christmas day.. Lol
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
MMotimo: Yes, I can
Hmmmm dats a guy speaking... Sometymx its hard for ladies o
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
drkay: I can eat a food without meat if there's need for me to, for instance, if am seriously hungry and the only meat available is what I don't eat, like pork.
Geez... I hate pork meat... Do u eat snake meat?
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by drkay(m): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
absalom11:
Geez... I hate pork meat... Do u eat snake meat?
Snake? I can't.
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hahahahaha i hear sey e sweet o...
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 7:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
Are there truly people who can't eat a food without meat?
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by veave(f): 7:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
No! i cant even eat with just one piece of meat... call me a glutton or w@ever you like. its one bad habit i'm finding very difficult to drop.sad i'll rather take a snack untill i can get meatcheesy
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by Elobest23: 8:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
veave: No! i cant even eat with just one piece of meat... call me a glutton or w@ever you like. its one bad habit i'm finding very difficult to drop.sad i'll rather take a snack untill i can get meatcheesy
lolzzzzz, cant believe dis

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
When money no dey, who get time for meat? even sardine no sure sad

but when money dey ball, I even put meat in my beans grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 9:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
joeydozzy: When money no dey, who get time for meat? even sardine no sure sad

but when money dey ball, I even put meat in my beans grin
Hahahahaha
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
Elobest23: lolzzzzz, cant believe dis
Lyk seriously, me too... Shez d first person in my life i am hearing such a comment from..

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by MMotimo: 4:18am On Sep 16, 2013
absalom11:
Hmmmm dats a guy speaking... Sometymx its hard for ladies o

I'm a guy
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by veave(f): 8:13am On Sep 16, 2013
somedays i promise myself i'm going to change but its real difficult. Imagine having to hide some pieces under so i dont look greedysad. Even folks are tired...
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by absalom11(m): 9:27am On Sep 16, 2013
veave: somedays i promise myself i'm going to change but its real difficult. Imagine having to hide some pieces under so i dont look greedysad. Even folks are tired...
hahahahahahah dats funny ...
Re: Can You Eat Food Without Meat? by degurl(f): 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2013
I can do both depending on the situation. Am not a meat freak.
The plenty gaps in between my teeths kinda make things worse as strands of meat get stuck and I have to go through the stress of picking my teeth.

Under unusual circumstances whereby
there is no meat and the hunger has reached boiling point, no be person go tell you make you eat the food like that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shea Butter+Coconut Oil Mix For All Skin & Hair Types / Peak Unveils The UnstoppableHumansOfChange Campaign, Calls For Entries / Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.