Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him (27809 Views)

Hidden Cameras Capture Forest Elephant's Activity In South-west Nigeria / Shark Bites Man As He Tried To Kiss It / Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by Stegomiah: 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
Baby elephant 'cries' for five hours after mother tried to stamp him to death shortly after birth

Horrified zookeepers were forced to intervene after a female elephant attempted to stamp her calf to death shortly after he was born.

The female elephant had stepped on baby Zhuangzhuang almost immediately after giving birth at a Chinese zoo on August 30.

But vets initially thought it was an accident. They removed the calf to treat his injuries and returned him to his mother two hours later - but she started to stamp on him again.

Keepers drove her off and took the little elephant away.

Distressed: The calf was born on August 30 and his mother rejected him immediately

Red-eyed: The baby cried for five hours after he was separated from his parent and is now being brought up by keepers

The rejected calf then reportedly cried for five hours as staff at the Shendiaoshan Wild Animal Natural Reserve Area, in Rongcheng, Shandong province, tried to comfort him.
He is now making good progress and has been adopted by a keeper.

Angry elephant: The calf's mother was chased away from her baby as she had tried to kill him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2417554/Elephant-calf-cries-hours-mother-tried-stamp-death-shortly-birth.html
Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by 247notire(m): 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
Wetin concern me?

3 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by Cestmoi1(f): 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
Wat? Cant imagine the elephant doing that to her child.What went wrong? #touching.

1 Like

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by Beaf1: 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
It must be a bast@d child cheesy May be the mother elephant was rap.ed by an arm robber elephant and she doesnt want the child to remind her of the father.

139 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by Tyche(m): 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
Mubby4luv: .

Busted!!!

So touching
Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
I guess the mother elephant must have tried on several occasions to abort the baby but the pikin no gree. So she (mother) had to do "hard reset"..

25 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by himclfgud(m): 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
like srzly shocked
Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by martin92(m): 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
If dis could make ASUU call off the strike, i would have laughed
Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by smoothicon(m): 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
wow!! they got feelings too?
Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by timpaker(m): 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2013

I guess the animal kingdom too has 'ogbanje'
Poor thang

PS: I've agreed to give that baby elephant a scholarship

30 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by cdoffx(m): 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
Perhaps it was an unwanted pregnancy and since there was no means for abortion hence the mother elephant waited for the delivery to get rid of the baby elephant. Couldn't just imagine anything else

4 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by deols(f): 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
too bad.
Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by saintdeby(m): 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
wicked mother

2 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by joshyjags: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
she been try to abort am but d pikin sha comot, dats y she dey vex............... she wan b like LAGOS BABES grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by igbsam(m): 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
Eeeeeyaaaaa! Wat a pity. And we thought humans are the only cruel species when it comes to some wicked mothers.

1 Like

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by vladimiros: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
The TINZ mother would do for END TIME

5 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by martin92(m): 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
Signs of end time... Animals are nw displaying dat sign, nawaoh, i don take my eyes see my ear

1 Like

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by yuzedo: 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
Man! This brought tears to my eyes... Those pictures of the little elephant crying can make Nigerian politicians stop looting; my heart wanna melt die. embarassed I just want to love that poor elephant. cry

12 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by Onyiip(f): 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
baby elephant sorry o, probably your mother sees you as an unwanted child. Dont worry you'll grow up to be great and she'll regret her action.

10 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by PasD(m): 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
84 views and its already on front page! Gush! Mod carry that tin go back page.

On a second tot, wetim him do im mama wey she wan kil am? *money rituals*

4 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by GudluckIBB(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
Animals sometimes behave like humans.
Same way Nigerian Government wants University education to die in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by 80million1: 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
*speechless*
Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by Johnnoah1st: 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
I know goodluck jonathan course this,

NOTE: This news is from a confirm source

3 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by megareal: 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
Elephants dey cry? SMH...
Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by imperiouxx(m): 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
This's sad! cry cry
Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
All things weird and wonderful happen in China

1 Like

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by fitzmayowa: 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by yuzedo: 4:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
But that lil elephant hella ugly tho! Maybe the mama see am shout "blaad of jeeeeezass!" grin

Or maybe the mama na ashawo elephant and im no want make the pikin spoil market for am.
Or maybe the mama no sabi who the papa be so im no wan raise bastard elephant wey go expose am.
Or maybe the postinor 12 (postinor 2 no reach to kill elephant foetus) wey the mama drink no work so im wan do wetin wicked babe for naija wey no get liver do abortion dey do their pikins. undecided

Whatever the case, only in China, yo! African elephants no dey behave like this.. angry

17 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by ESULAALU: 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
Awwww! This touched me, poor baby elephant, I wish I could hug you and just let you know it will be well.

Dont mind your mama oooo, Ise eyan maa nii ise eranko.

Bless you little baby elephant.

5 Likes

Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
Abi de pikin no fine?! undecided undecided wicked mother!! angry angry
Re: Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him by moscobabs(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
what's the story nowmy hen too wanted to kill her chick yesterday!!! but why this on frontpage?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months / We Buy Your Dead (scrap) Laptops Here In Lagos / 5 Biggest Technology Myths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.