Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

How To Become An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Become An Atheist (22933 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
How to Become an Atheist:

If you are thinking of becoming an atheist, beware. The first step is easy, but it’s not so easy to walk the walk.

You will have to ignore design when you can see it everywhere: in the universe, the atoms, the birds and the bees, the clouds and trees, the seasons, the human body, fish, flowers, fruits, feet, and even fungus. And of course, there is the amazing-looking human eye. Everywhere you look and everywhere you can't look with the human eye you will see incredible design.

Now here's the really difficult part. You will need to believe that everything man-made: cars, computers, and candies were made by man, etc., but deny that everything in nature--cattle, camels, and cabbages, etc., were made at all. It came from nothing, with no Maker.

Once you have done this, crown yourself as being intelligent. Then you will need to find other atheists who believe as you do, and they will confirm to you that you are indeed intelligent. You will also need to believe that evolution is true and that you’re an ape and therefore you are not morally responsible because apes have no moral absolutes. Never forget to always give God a small "g," and learn believers' phrases such as "Evolution is a proven fact," and "I have no beliefs in any gods."

Do these things, and you will be able to call yourself a "new" atheist. How cool is that! Well, not really. You can't be a true atheist because you need absolute knowledge to say that there is no God. Besides, you intuitively know that He exists. Still, for sin-loving sinners the benefits of atheism are great in this life. But not the next. So you are really not an atheist, and to keep with your sinful lifestyle I guess you will just have to pretend to be one. Or you could simply check out the link below:

-->> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Become An Atheist by 247notire(m): 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: How To Become An Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 5:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hmmn. This article is full of misinformation. Let's grant that evolution is a fact and theory too.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
Lol.

You should go back to dreaming about heaven and hell...

5 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
aManFromMars: Lol.

You should go back to dreaming about heaven and hell...

Those dreams must have given you nightmares, you better repent and believe the gospel.

4 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Hmmn. This article is full of misinformation. Let's grant that evolution is a fact and theory too.

You must be an intelligent guy. Can you tell us some of the "misinformation" you've spotted?

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by RationalDude(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
What's with all this freedom to sin brouhaha?
What exactly does sin mean?
Is something only a sin when it offends your god? (yes, i typed 'g' in lowercase, now shoot me)

5 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
RationalDude: What's with all this freedom to sin brouhaha?
Is something only a sin when it offends your god? (yes, i typed 'g' in lowercase, now shoot me)
Lol. A rational dude doesn't deliberately try to annoy anybody.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. A rational dude doesn't deliberately try to annoy anybody.

So Ola is irrational?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by MrTroll(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
aManFromMars:

So Ola is irrational?
no he's not. Only atheists annoy people. Christians just tell you the 'truth' and if you get annoyed then maybe your conscience is pricking you so you may need to repent!

@OP, I can bet my grand mother that this is NOT your original thought. Wanna make a bet?

6 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:50am On Sep 14, 2013
RationalDude:

What's with all this freedom to sin brouhaha?

Who said that you're free to sin, did you mean those who preach "the gospel of grace" who think that they are now free to sin?

RationalDude:

Sin is simply the trangression of God's Law.

RationalDude:

You are playing Russian roulette with a loaded gun. cool
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:18am On Sep 14, 2013
aManFromMars:

So Ola is irrational?

Rationality involves the use of laws of logic. Laws of logic stem from God (with the big "G" ) and this is a reflection of the way He thinks. The laws of logic are immaterial, abstract entities, because God is an immaterial (Spirit), omnipresent, unchanging God who has all knowledge (Col.2:3). Therefore, all true statements will be governed by God's thinking, which is logical.

Can you account for laws of logic in your worldview? How could there be immaterial, universal, invariant, abstract laws in a chance universe formed by a big bang? Since you atheists believe that everything that exist is material or should be explained by material processes, but the laws of logic are not materialism, how do you reconcile that? If atheistic materialism is true, then there could be no laws of logic, since they are immaterial and this will make logical reasoning impossible.

If you atheists are logical at all you are only being inconsistent to your worldview, you will have to use God's laws of logic even though you deny the biblical God that makes such laws possible.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:27am On Sep 14, 2013
Mr Troll:

no he's not. Only atheists annoy people. Christians just tell you the 'truth' and if you get annoyed then maybe your conscience is pricking you so you may need to repent!

That is the reason why it doesn't make sense trying to teach a pig how to sing and if you insist you will both annoy the pig and waste his precious time.

Mr Troll:

@OP, I can bet my grand mother that this is NOT your original thought. Wanna make a bet?

You are gambling with more than that my friend. You are playing the game of Russian roulette with a loaded gun.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by MrTroll(m): 11:18am On Sep 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

That is the reason why it doesn't make sense trying to teach a pig how to sing and if you insist you will both annoy the pig and waste his precious time.
What does this have to do with my post?

You are gambling with more than that my friend. You are playing the game of Russian roulette with a loaded gun.
how does this address my question?

Your OP is not your original thought. The least you could have done is acknowledge your source. Is that so hard Ola?

As for the other gibberish in the OP and your subsequent posts, I already know you are incapable of making sensible coherent arguments so I'll leave you to your delusions. When you can think properly, we'll discuss then.

4 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41am On Sep 14, 2013
Mr Troll:

What does this have to do with my post?

You said only atheists annoy people and I said some teachers annoy the pigs when they insists on teaching them.

Mr Troll:

how does this address my question?

You challenged me to a bet using your grandmother but I said that you are already doing worse than betting with your g/m you are gambling with your life, by playing russian roulette with a loaded gun. If you don't know what russian roulette is say so.

Mr Troll:

Your OP is not your original thought. The least you could have done is acknowledge your source. Is that so hard Ola?

Is your atheist goggle so thick that you couldn't see the link I suggested?

Mr Troll:

As for the other gibberish in the OP and your subsequent posts, I already know you are incapable of making sensible coherent arguments so I'll leave you to your delusions. When you can think properly, we'll discuss then.

If the OP is gibberish to you why don't you simply move on? Must you troll on posts that you've got no clue about? Trolls are not allowed in this thread and if you've got nothing logical to contribute can you just "dissapearance from my before" and move on to the next thread. tongue

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by onetrack(m): 11:52am On Sep 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU: How to Become an Atheist:

If you are thinking of becoming an atheist, beware. The first step is easy, but it’s not so easy to walk the walk.

You will have to ignore design when you can see it everywhere: in the universe, the atoms, the birds and the bees, the clouds and trees, the seasons, the human body, fish, flowers, fruits, feet, and even fungus. And of course, there is the amazing-looking human eye. Everywhere you look and everywhere you can't look with the human eye you will see incredible design.

Now here's the really difficult part. You will need to believe that everything man-made: cars, computers, and candies were made by man, etc., but deny that everything in nature--cattle, camels, and cabbages, etc., were made at all. It came from nothing, with no Maker.

Once you have done this, crown yourself as being intelligent. Then you will need to find other atheists who believe as you do, and they will confirm to you that you are indeed intelligent. You will also need to believe that evolution is true and that you’re an ape and therefore you are not morally responsible because apes have no moral absolutes. Never forget to always give God a small "g," and learn believers' phrases such as "Evolution is a proven fact," and "I have no beliefs in any gods."

Do these things, and you will be able to call yourself a "new" atheist. How cool is that! Well, not really. You can't be a true atheist because you need absolute knowledge to say that there is no God. Besides, you intuitively know that He exists. Still, for sin-loving sinners the benefits of atheism are great in this life. But not the next. So you are really not an atheist, and to keep with your sinful lifestyle I guess you will just have to pretend to be one. Or you could simply check out the link below:

-->> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Hmmmmmm.....a maker that exists and can create logic must also, logically, have a maker somewhere, if we are following your logic. Where is the Maker's Maker? And so on.

In addition, you fail to connect this Maker with any religion. I see this argument alot: "the world has to have a creator, therefore, Jesus is the son of god (or Muhammad is his prophet) and the Bible/Quran is the word of god." All you've done is made the case for Spinoza's god, which is hardly the god of the Bible or Quran.

And lastly you don't address the problem of evil and imperfection. Do you want me to just look at just the "the atoms, the birds and the bees, the clouds and trees, the seasons, the human body, fish, flowers, fruits, feet, and even fungus" and not the child rapes, mass murder, the lions devouring their prey in a cruel fashion, the baby born with cruel handicaps??

5 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
onetrack:

Hmmmmmm.....a maker that exists and can create logic must also, logically, have a maker somewhere, if we are following your logic. Where is the Maker's Maker? And so on.

What you did there is begging the question. You cannot just presume in an arbitrary way that God must have a creator because He creates. That isn't logical thinking, it's a logical fallacy called begging the question. You ask this question because you don't understand the nature of God. For your information, God doesn't require a cause because He always existed, He created time and thus is beyond time, He created the universe and is thus not part of the universe. Anything created must have a beginning. God was not created and thus He doesn't have a beginning. God is a Spirit and not a sequence of energetic reactions. The laws of thermodynamics does not apply to God.

onetrack:

In addition, you fail to connect this Maker with any religion. I see this argument alot: "the world has to have a creator, therefore, Jesus is the son of god (or Muhammad is his prophet) and the Bible/Quran is the word of god." All you've done is made the case for Spinoza's god, which is hardly the god of the Bible or Quran.

God did not come to set up a religion. He rather set up a relationship that we can have with Him. It is mankind that set up religion so as to deal with their guilt. They do this because they have a concept of what they think the gods or even God is like, and so they go about establishing their own righteousness, being ignorant of God's righteousness.

The gospel truth is that no one needs to suffer the pains of religious works. Christ's blood can cleanse our conscience from dead works of religion (Heb.9:14). Our Lord Jesus Christ took our punishment upon Himself, and He is the only One who can save us from sin and death (Acts 4:12).

onetrack:

And lastly you don't address the problem of evil and imperfection. Do you want me to just look at just the "the atoms, the birds and the bees, the clouds and trees, the seasons, the human body, fish, flowers, fruits, feet, and even fungus" and not the child rapes, mass murder, the lions devouring their prey in a cruel fashion, the baby born with cruel handicaps??

Why should child molestation, mass murders, lions devouring their prey in a cruel fashion or baby born with cruel handicaps be disturbing to you? Since in your worldview, you believe that the above are just a result of chemical reactions/accidents why do you then feel outraged if you truly believe in your atheistic worldview?

You could ask why God does allow evil men and women to live? Will you like it for Him to kill them before they do the evil deeds? or should He judge all rapists and murderers now? Thieves, liars, adulterers, fornicators, those who lust and those who hate? If God decides to judge evil deeds today, all unsaved souls would perish under His wrath. I thank God that He is patiently waiting for them to turn to the Saviour and be saved from His wrath to come.

5 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by onetrack(m): 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

What you did there is begging the question. You cannot just presume in an arbitrary way that God must have a creator because He creates. That isn't logical thinking, it's a logical fallacy called begging the question. You ask this question because you don't understand the nature of God. For your information, God doesn't require a cause because He always existed, He created time and thus is beyond time, He created the universe and is thus not part of the universe. Anything created must have a beginning. God was not created and thus He doesn't have a beginning. God is a Spirit and not a sequence of energetic reactions. The laws of thermodynamics does not apply to God.

Oh but I am just following your lead. You and other theists are just begging the question when you assume that a theistic god must have created the universe because anything that exists must have a creator. You say that god was not created, and you do not have a single shred of evidence. Just tell me who is begging the question?

OLAADEGBU:
God did not come to set up a religion. He rather set up a relationship that we can have with Him. It is mankind that set up religion so as to deal with their guilt. They do this because they have a concept of what they think the gods or even God is like, and so they go about establishing their own righteousness, being ignorant of God's righteousness.

The gospel truth is that no one needs to suffer the pains of religious works. Christ's blood can cleanse our conscience from dead works of religion (Heb.9:14). Our Lord Jesus Christ took our punishment upon Himself, and He is the only One who can save us from sin and death (Acts 4:12).

Using religious quotes to say that god did not set up a religion? Haha. There is nothing Jesus said that is verifiably true in regards to a god. To me it's just like any other religion: a fraud because it asks us to believe without proof.

OLAADEGBU:
Why should child molestation, mass murders, lions devouring their prey in a cruel fashion or baby born with cruel handicaps be disturbing to you? Since in your worldview, you believe that the above are just a result of chemical reactions/accidents why do you then feel outraged if you truly believe in your atheistic worldview?

You could ask why God does allow evil men and women to live? Will you like it for Him to kill them before they do the evil deeds? or should He judge all rapists and murderers now? Thieves, liars, adulterers, fornicators, those who lust and those who hate? If God decides to judge evil deeds today, all unsaved souls would perish under His wrath. I thank God that He is patiently waiting for them to turn to the Saviour and be saved from His wrath to come.

Absolute rubbish. Do not wish upon others that which you do not wish upon yourself. It does not take a religion to understand that. Everyone should be able to understand that, religious or not. And in fact many religious people do not seem to understand that.

God's wrath, if it exists, would prove to me that he has anger-management issues and needs long-term psychiatric care. grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by MrTroll(m): 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You said only atheists annoy people and I said some teachers annoy the pigs when they insists on teaching them.
Its obvious you can't comprehend sarcasm. No surprises there...

You challenged me to a bet using your grandmother but I said that you are already doing worse than betting with your g/m you are gambling with your life, by playing russian roulette with a loaded gun. If you don't know what russian roulette is say so.
lol. Why not tell me to explain my posts, possibly with diagrams and crayon. Comprehension mate, comprehension.

Is your atheist goggle so thick that you couldn't see the link I suggested?
Link you suggested? Atheist google? Guy you need to go back to school. Your OP is a copy and paste. Kindly put up the link where you copied it from, or is the link you put up there where you copied the OP from?

If the OP is gibberish to you why don't you simply move on? Must you troll on posts that you've got no clue about? Trolls are not allowed in this thread and if you've got nothing logical to contribute can you just "dissapearance from my before" and move on to the next thread. tongue
this thread is nonsense. You are incapable of coherent logic. You are a mindless ignorant robot. You cannot recognise logic even if its staring you in the face. So bye!

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
onetrack:

Oh but I am just following your lead. You and other theists are just begging the question when you assume that a theistic god must have created the universe because anything that exists must have a creator. You say that god was not created, and you do not have a single shred of evidence. Just tell me who is begging the question?

There is no assumption in my claim that the God almighty created all things and I can use the laws of logic and the laws of science to prove this:

There are only three possibilities from where the universe can come from. By way of elimination we will arrive at the scientific evidence of the origin of the universe which took just 6 days.

(1). The universe created itself; or

(2). The universe has always existed, or

(3). The universe was created.

1. The universe created itself:

Can something create itself? Can nothing create something? The answer to these is an absolute No. We all know that something cannot create itself and nothing can't create something. From Latin we have the phrase "ex nihilo, nihil fit" meaning "from nothing, nothing comes." It also violates the law of cause and effect, that says for every effect there must be a cause. The effect can't be greater than the cause and nothing cannot be greater than something. Therefore, based on the laws of science and logic, the universe couldn't have created itself. That leaves us with options 2 and 3.

2. The univese has always existed:

Lets go to the 2nd law of thermodynamics that basically teaches that "the whole universe is losing usable energy for doing usable work." This means that the usable energy in this universe is wearing down. The universe as a whole is losing energy. In other words, molecules as a whole are slowing down.

Therefore, if this universe was eternal we will be in what is called a "virtual heat death." This means that there will be virtually no molecular movement. Everything would have lost its available heat energy for doing work. Therefore, the universe cannot be eternal, it must have had a beginning. The theory that the universe has always existed or is eternal has to be false based on the law of science and logic, another speculation gone with the air. This leaves us with only one possibility based on science. Which is that:

3. The universe was created:

"In the Beginning God created the heaven and the earth." -- Genesis 1:1

Science confirms the biblical verse that in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth as we have just shown. With this verse we see that God is outside time. He is eternal, with no beginning or end. He also knows all things, being infinitely intelligent. To recognise His handiwork, you should be able to know how to recognise the evidence of the works of His intelligence. This is simple.

When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I can't see him, hear him, touch, smell or taste him. The evidence of a builder is the building I'm looking at. In other words, the building is the proof positive that there was a builder. The building is the product of the intelligence of the builder. Living things are also evidence of design. Wouldn't it be logical to assume that if man's highly intelligent brain designed the computer, then the human brain was also the product of design?

There is nothing illogical or unscientific about an Eternal Being who has always existed. Nobody created the infinite God. He is the Self-Existent One, the great "I AM THAT I AM" of the Bible. He is outside time because He created time. Everything that has a beginning requires a cause. The universe has a beginning and thus requires a cause. But the almighty God has no beginning since He is beyond time. Therefore, the almighty God does not need a cause.

onetrack:

Using religious quotes to say that god did not set up a religion? Haha. There is nothing Jesus said that is verifiably true in regards to a god. To me it's just like any other religion: a fraud because it asks us to believe without proof.

The fact that Abraham Lincoln was born, became president, or was assassinated cannot be proven using scientific methods.  To be scientific it must be repeatable (as in the testing of gravity).  The proofs that Lincoln did exist and was a historical figure are:

1. the written evidence,
2. eyewitness testimony,
3. physical evidence that remains to this day at the Ford Theatre, birth records and newspaper articles regarding his election.

All these facts are acceptable in a court of law as proof to a judge and jury.

Garry T. Ansdell (D.D.) made a case out of this when he stated that "The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is evidential:

1. the empty tomb still exists,
2. His birth record is documented all the way back to Adam and Eve,
3. the four Gospels record His death;
4. the location, even the names of the political leaders who sentenced Him are historically recorded;
5. there were more than five hundred eyewitnesses who saw Jesus after the resurrection, recorded by the New Testament writers;
6. the very existence of the Christian faith, based on His death and resurrection;
7. the cultural and political evidence at the time, including the Roman calender separating all of time into Before Christ (B.C.) and in the year of our Lord (A.D.)."

onetrack:

Absolute rubbish. Do not wish upon others that which you do not wish upon yourself. It does not take a religion to understand that. Everyone should be able to understand that, religious or not. And in fact many religious people do not seem to understand that.

God's wrath, if it exists, would prove to me that he has anger-management issues and needs long-term psychiatric care. grin

See if you can spot the answer to a common objection to which skeptics hold:

"“Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hell. He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me."" Luke 10:13-16

As Jesus upbraided sinful cities He said that certain cities would come under less wrath on Judgment Day than others. The common, "I reject Christianity because God is unfair in sending sweet little old ladies to the same place He's sending Hitler" isn't biblical. His judgments will be according to righteousness.

See -> www.needGod.com <-- Take the test!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mr Troll: Its obvious you can't comprehend sarcasm. No surprises there...

lol. Why not tell me to explain my posts, possibly with diagrams and crayon. Comprehension mate, comprehension.

Link you suggested? Atheist google? Guy you need to go back to school. Your OP is a copy and paste. Kindly put up the link where you copied it from, or is the link you put up there where you copied the OP from?

this thread is nonsense. You are incapable of coherent logic. You are a mindless ignorant robot. You cannot recognise logic even if its staring you in the face. So bye!

"When a man calls himself an atheist, he is not attacking God, he is attacking his own conscience."
-- Michael Pearl

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Lordlexy: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
@OLA. What is the point trying to argue with folks who are bent on having their ways even when is obvious that there defences over the years about creation has proven flaws. What is rational for anyone to claim that the earth has no maker. Who invented law of logic then as you rightly pointed? And that humans emerged from ape is laughable. All these rebuttal are just attempt to remain lawless, rebellious to God only to satisfied their inordinate desire. I even heard that athiest don't believe anything spiritual. Joke of the century. Simply because you have never experience a thing, doesn't mean it does not exist. They ignorantly or foolishly try to either explain, castigate or make scorn of any spiritual encounter. Should i go ahead and narrate my encounter with an angel face to face in my bed room, will that be sufficient for them to be remorseful, to ponder, to be reflective or to subject it to scorn, waving aside or probably to questioning(which is ok, if done with an open mind to clear doubt, rather than to make jest)? Which ever way you look at it, i believe we all have conscience and we all know the truth. Except may be offcourse if you have pricked your conscience and decided to deliberately followed your established pattern, in which way, your case becomes irredeemable. Ola, God bless you richly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Mkadigun: 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
247notire: .
people here. Think and reason rationally of ur being, u will always have to repent and worship Allah
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:20am On Sep 16, 2013
Mr Troll:

Its obvious you can't comprehend sarcasm. No surprises there...

Neither did you understand the adage by Paul Getty who said, and I quote:

"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Mr Troll:

The day you comprehend what it means to play the game of russian roulette with a loaded gun would be the day that you will realise that you have been gambling with your life. Your chances of surviving that game is between slim and none but none has long gone out of town.

Mr Troll:

Did you go to the suggested link? I said atheist goggles not google get your facts right and try to think straight. You cannot think crooked and walk straight. Ok let me straighten it for you. I meant your atheist's spectacle/glasses. When you have seen the link then you might understand what this thread is all about.

Mr Troll:

"Goodbye" is one word that atheists should delete from their vocabulary. It's from Old English:"God be with ye." - Ray Comfort

Take The Test: -->> www.needgod.com

2 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 16, 2013
@Olaadegbu,God bless you richly for that organized rebuttal to the atheist.I actually learned a thing or two.It is actually a joke of the century to say God does not exist.God is the existence Himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Gombs(m): 11:44am On Sep 16, 2013
*Standing ovation

Round of Applause

OP, you got it spot on..

Any atheist wanna answer few simple questions I have? Pls signify by quoting me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
Lordlexy:

@OLA. What is the point trying to argue with folks who are bent on having their ways even when is obvious that there defences over the years about creation has proven flaws. What is rational for anyone to claim that the earth has no maker. Who invented law of logic then as you rightly pointed? And that humans emerged from ape is laughable. All these rebuttal are just attempt to remain lawless, rebellious to God only to satisfied their inordinate desire.

They will accept any theory about how the universe came about as long as it is not from the Bible. They have a morbid fear of the Word of God and any other source of information will be good enough for them as long as it is not that spiritual book.

Lordlexy:

I even heard that athiest don't believe anything spiritual. Joke of the century. Simply because you have never experience a thing, doesn't mean it does not exist. They ignorantly or foolishly try to either explain, castigate or make scorn of any spiritual encounter. Should i go ahead and narrate my encounter with an angel face to face in my bed room, will that be sufficient for them to be remorseful, to ponder, to be reflective or to subject it to scorn, waving aside or probably to questioning(which is ok, if done with an open mind to clear doubt, rather than to make jest)?

Don't be surprised that a good number of them believe in spiritual encounters as long as it is not from God and His angels. Many of those who call themselves "atheists" here in the UK practice their New Age beliefs in form of Yoga and other eastern practices.

Lordlexy:

Which ever way you look at it, i believe we all have conscience and we all know the truth. Except may be offcourse if you have pricked your conscience and decided to deliberately followed your established pattern, in which way, your case becomes irredeemable. Ola, God bless you richly.

God's existence is so obvious that anyone who suppresses this truth is "without excuse" (Rom.1:20). What the atheists deny with their lips he actually knows in his heart of heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
Bidam:

@Olaadegbu,God bless you richly for that organized rebuttal to the atheist.I actually learned a thing or two.It is actually a joke of the century to say God does not exist.God is the existence Himself.

Amen. Am actually surprised that they have only put up little or no resistance to their quest.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2013
Gombs:

*Standing ovation

Round of Applause

OP, you got it spot on..

Any atheist wanna answer few simple questions I have? Pls signify by quoting me. Thanks

To God be the glory. I believe atheism is just an excuse to continue in their lifestyle of sin.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
Gombs:

*Standing ovation

Round of Applause

OP, you got it spot on..

To God be the glory. I believe atheism is just an excuse to continue in their lifestyle of sin. Ask your questions and lets see whether they would answer them.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by wordcat(m): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
Gombs: *Standing ovation

Round of Applause

OP, you got it spot on..

;

Hehehehe so your are clapping for someone who said that something can not creat itself but believed that god created itself? Smh.

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Gombs(m): 12:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
Thanks Ola...now over to atheists...Let's talk about Creation of the universe and all in it. You folks have funny theories just to make sure God wasn't the creator.

1.Evolution

If evolution were correct, and humans evolved from
monkeys, then why are monkeys still around today?
(Waiting for this answer grin who created d monkey sef? Why do you folks believe something/everything came from nothing?)

Even
Charles Darwin himself admitted that he regretted
sparking the lie of evolution. Atheists, however, still do
not want to admit it is wrong as the only other
explanation would be God.

2. Big Bang Theory
why do y'all atheist believe in the Big Bang theory sef? The big bang theory is impossible
.Something cannot come from nothing (except God, why? Because he is supreme being, the alpha and omega, he is the BEGINNING and the END). It is a scientific
impossibility (since you folk don't believe in God, science can't support your claims of something coming outta nothing). The idea that one second there wasn't
anything then another second there was, is frankly offensive to one's
intelligence.

Christians know God made the Earth and sun and stars.
Then he put the people and animals and plants here. You
can see it in the intelligent design of foods such as
bananas and kiwis. They are made to be eaten easily by
humans. If that isn't enough scientific proof for you
then you must be blind.

3. If God didn't create the Earth, why does everything
work so well?

It can't be coincidence that we have air to breath,
water to drink, and churches to pray in. God intended it
that way.

The fact that every ecosystem in the world acts in
accordance with itself and survives is proof of an
intelligent design. If it all just happened, as evolution
and the big bang seem to suggest, there would be chaos
everywhere, No? Instead, the more we delve into scientific
fields, we find order. Order that can only be provided
by a benevolent creator.

3. On what is conscience and morals based on?

4. Don't you think of all creation, man is distinct? Why is he special? Why does he matter? Why no whales or lions or baboons?

Can you explain how comes... grin

Lemme get answers to these first...I'm just getting warmed up

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin / Killings: CAN Peaceful Protest In Kaduna In Pictures / Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.