Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

African Culture Is Dying! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Culture Is Dying! (15841 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Western Culture Vs African Culture / Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Culture Is Dying! by onila(f): 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
cry cry its sad that I wont be able to show and teach my children abt my culture again
I grew up playing with masquerades, going to the village every christmas

the average Nigerian child that grew up in the urban areas cant speak their language any longer cry cry

now everything is considered evil

this modern life not sweet at all . .but i have to follow the new world, to be on the safe side

3 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by homesteady(m): 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hmm! Frontpage! grin

I said it! gringrin I'm a prophet

2 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
onila: cry cry its sad that I wont be able to show and teach my children abt my culture again

the average Nigerian child that grew up in the urban areas cant speak their language any longer cry cry

now everything is consider evil

this modern life not sweet at all . .but i have to follow the new world, to be on the safe side

The thread title and the bolded are contradictory

You follow dey kill African culture. You don't do it from U.S.

5 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by AbuMikey(m): 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
Onila! Onila!! Onila!!! angry
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by GHKWAME(m): 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
onila: cry cry its sad that I wont be able to show and teach my children abt my culture again

I share your frustrations Madam, I am particularly c0ncerned at the B0ld3d
, here in Ghana Vacation classes is the norm now. Unlike pre 2001 where every pupil was eager to travel to his/her hometown in order to have something to write if the English teacher should spring a suprise and demand everybody to write How I spent the Vacation, now the opposite is the case where even Kindergaten pupils have vacation classes.
African kids of tomorrow are Lost.

3 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by collynzo2(m): 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Onila all you need is a big, long, black stick.
Problem solved
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by PAPAAFRICA: 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
GH KWAME:

I share your frustrations Madam, I am particularly c0ncerned at the B0ld3d
, here in Ghana Vacation classes is the norm now. Unlike pre 2001 where every pupil was eager to travel to his/her hometown in order to have something to write if the English teacher should spring a suprise and demand everybody to write How I spent the Vacation, now the opposite is the case where even Kindergaten pupils have vacation classes.
African kids of tomorrow are Lost.

whats a vacation class?
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by GHKWAME(m): 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: whats a vacation class?
Vacation, = end of school term.
Class, = subject(s) taught by teachers in school.
In short it is not cumpulsory to attend, but the teachers threaten the students that lessons taught will not be repeated when school re-opens.
NB:: The classes are not free.

2 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Fulaman198(m): 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
I wouldn't say it is dying, it only is in some parts of Nigeria. Definitely not in a lot of nearby countries.
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by PAPAAFRICA: 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
GH KWAME:
Vacation, = end of school term.
Class, = subject(s) taught by teachers in school.
In short it is not cumpulsory to attend, but the teachers threaten the students that lessons taught will not be repeated when school re-opens.
NB:: The classes are not free.
ohh, we call that summer school in the west.
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by onila(f): 12:47am On Sep 14, 2013
smiley
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Nobody: 3:30am On Sep 14, 2013
The death of all tribes in Nigeria sounds like good news to me. That's the only way we can end tribalism in that country.

9 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Nobody: 3:36am On Sep 14, 2013
Who or what is stopping u ? undecided undecided, stop looking for a reason u brainwashed child. grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by MacLovington(m): 3:53am On Sep 14, 2013

My dear no be small thing o.

Imagine me speaking to young relatives at home in vernacular and they'll be replying me in Oyinbo language.

I have planned to go home and ask Omoba (my papa) to tell me as much as possible about culture/tradition.

I have been recording him on video talking of history and tradition for years now when I visit.

All tradition will be lost soon. The MOGs and pentecostal in every uncompleted building will be the death of it.

2 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Kairoseki77: 4:25am On Sep 14, 2013
Onila, you still have not convinced me that you are Nigerian.

What tribe are you from? Please translate this paragraph into your tribal language:

"My name is Onila, I am Nigerian. I am writing this to prove that I am a real African, and not a liar. If you are from my tribe, please like my post so that others will know that I am speaking truthfully. My tribe is called _________. We are located in the _________ region of Nigeria."

If you cannot translate this paragraph, please delete your account immediately.

8 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Nobody: 4:39am On Sep 14, 2013
Her dad is igbo and her mum from calabar .
so she's igbo
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by TerryCarr(m): 5:12am On Sep 14, 2013
Wu Zetian: The death of all tribes in Nigeria sounds like good news to me. That's the only way we can end tribalism in that country.
you still got Islam and Christianity

1 Like

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 14, 2013
Wu Zetian: The death of all tribes in Nigeria sounds like good news to me. That's the only way we can end tribalism in that country.

You think bigotry is high because of NL, right?

The only place I've seen bigotry outside here of high magnitude is just in inter-tribal marriages.
Don't take NL as it is, everybody get sharp mouth here

7 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Horus(m): 10:10am On Sep 14, 2013

What does Christmas have to do with our culture?

5 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by thoth: 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
We have nobody but ourselves to blame, very soon some people will ask you to go to a cave and wrap leaves around your body, until now i don't know how they choose to believe that our ancestors actually live in caves and run around naked.

How a nation will institute this sort of brainwashing in its educational system is beyond me, how a nation would castigate its own culture just to look 'modernized' in the eyes of his colonialist really does not make sense to me.

The impact of the 'dieing out' is not to be felt now until it reaches critical conditions. By then we will become total slaves in our own land.

10 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by MrsChima(f): 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
I didn't know the continent had a culture. undecided
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

Both of you need to knock off this childish behaviour. It is never good to wish someone else death, even if it is your worst enemy
If you had done your job as a mod and hid his post, I wouldn't have to deal with his childish behavior.
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Fulaman198(m): 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
Wu Zetian:
If you had done your job as a mod and hid his post, I wouldn't have to deal with his childish behavior.

Done
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by onila(f): 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
most Nigerian tribes are too advanced to do this shocked shocked

ancestors in Nigeria are only honoured during masquerades dances or major cultural events

its quite impressive, that Angolans are still sticking to their culture

calling on the spirits of ancestors to bless a newly openned restaurant in Luanda

1 Like

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by TerryCarr(m): 10:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
angola is very luso in culture
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by onila(f): 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
whats luso?
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by TerryCarr(m): 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
onila: whats luso?
Portuguese
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Fulaman198(m): 1:46am On Sep 15, 2013
TerryCarr: angola is very luso in culture

They are because out of all the Lusophone countries in Africa, the Portugese were in Angola and Mozambique for over 400 years. It really is not their fault.

If you compare them to a country like Guinea-Bissau which is also Lusophone, you see that they are not as Lusophonized as Angola because of the amount of time the Portugese spent there.
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by nikkyshyne(f): 8:38am On Sep 15, 2013
onila: most Nigerian tribes are too advanced to do this shocked shocked

ancestors in Nigeria are only honoured during masquerades dances or major cultural events

its quite impressive, that Angolans are still sticking to their culture

calling on the spirits of ancestors to bless a newly openned restaurant in Luanda

shocked shocked shocked

So freaky. I hope I havnt patronised any Naija's restaurant that may have done this.

shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Im gay, Im not mixed, I steal peoples pics online because I cant get girls. / Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew / OONI, ALAAFIN, KABIYESI ........ Decoding Their Meaning And Origin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.