Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,140 members, 7,780,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:15 AM

Which Nigerian Tribes Accord Women Their Right? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Nigerian Tribes Accord Women Their Right? (601 Views)

Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? / Are There Any Nigerian Tribes With Ancenstral Links With Tribes In Ghana? / Nigerian Tribes And Their States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Nigerian Tribes Accord Women Their Right? by Handsomeemmy(m): 6:24am On Sep 14, 2013
Good morning people, i have read with satisfaction and dissatifaction the post of which religion respect the right and views of women in the world, i have come to the conclusion that all have their short-comings with respect to right and views of women. This prompted me to create this thread not because i'm tribalistic or i want tribalistic comment, i just want sincere comments from Nigerians and maybe foreigners who have lived with Nigerians on the tribe within Nigeria that you think accord women, married or not their necessary right, views and respect in our society. I believe we can all learn from this and make amend when in position to make amend even in our homes.

Thank you for you anticpated and educative responses .
Re: Which Nigerian Tribes Accord Women Their Right? by Emmyk(m): 7:54am On Sep 14, 2013
Yoruba now undecided
Re: Which Nigerian Tribes Accord Women Their Right? by Caracta(f): 9:30am On Sep 14, 2013
Pffffft! It has nothing to do with tribe. It's a personal thing. I've seen men from different tribes treat their women like princesses and i've also seen men from these same tribes treat them like a piece of tag.

Btw, what do you mean by "women's rights"?
Re: Which Nigerian Tribes Accord Women Their Right? by Handsomeemmy(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2013
Emmyk: Yoruba now undecided

Your reasons please...
Re: Which Nigerian Tribes Accord Women Their Right? by Handsomeemmy(m): 9:52am On Sep 14, 2013
Caracta: Pffffft! It has nothing to do with tribe. It's a personal thing. I've seen men from different tribes treat their women like princesses and i've also seen men from these same tribes treat them like a piece of tag.

Btw, what do you mean by "women's rights"?

In as much as i will want to believe that it has everything to do with individuals, i will also want to believe that some cultures accord women more respect than others. I maybe wrong as well.

Right: some see women as inferior, some don't allow women to work etc.

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Most Memorable Experience As A New Immigrant? / Funny African Proverbs / Angel Of Death Erupts From Chile's Volcano (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.