Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,777 members, 7,798,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? (19005 Views)

Worlds Sexiest Accents / Top 13 Countries With The S*xiest Accents In The World / Are These The World's Sexiest Accents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by myads890(m): 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2013
Akshow: Fake accents thread bore me on nairaland cos it seems u guys mistake good English and right pronunciation for fake accent. They are trying to pronounce words d way dey ought to be pronounced and u guys are here hating. I'm sure y'all will stil complain if they use thick naija accent. Fake una free dem joorr.

There is no such thing as right pronounciation. Even the British are known as the worst speakers of their language. Talking about "right pronounciation", most of them often seem to forget how to pronounce their own names right, lol
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Egbagirl(f): 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2013
It's not about diction or the right pronunciation. Accent and proper pronunciation are two different things.

Akshow: Fake accents thread bore me on nairaland cos it seems u guys mistake good English and right pronunciation for fake accent. They are trying to pronounce words d way dey ought to be pronounced and u guys are here hating. I'm sure y'all will stil complain if they use thick naija accent. Fake una free dem joorr.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by emydot(m): 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2013
E tire me o
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by secretcerish: 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
My dear presenters and flight attendants compete in dis country when it comes 2 fake assent, I watched a very educated nigerian helplessly ask for what time his flight was delayed to cos the accent of the attendant that announced it was so fake even some white guys where asking if it was their flight that was being announced

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by uchvic(m): 3:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
Person wey travel go india, go return de speak wit american accent...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
Abule oshi: like Osas the presenter of Malta Dance Hall who calls her name and Surname with so much funne that makes you wonder what she is saying.
see dis bush man..osas is an american citizen.she has lived all her life in d usa..google it b4 u start writtin nonsense here

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by didfy: 3:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
jammyng: As much as i agree with you to an extent, I'd also add that they try to speak with diction which is the correct way of pronunciation.

With American dictionary like those two guys on TVC local channel.fake people that has never.....I will save it for next time
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
FML!! grin

That's why I can't watch naija moves and naija TV programmes - that ish makes me cringe. grin

The afrobeats artists are the same.

Who saw Ice Prince at the BET awards? - I had to change the channel - fake accent and that guy dressed the noughties American style with biker's jacket and white airforce1s. These people need to stop embarrassing Nigerians everywhere.

Same way you meet Nigerians out here and they start speaking in tongues in some weird accent only God can decipher. grin

Still don't know why they don't like the naija accent and, all the fascinating and sexy adlibs.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
You must be one of them presenters cheesy

Wole Soyinka pronounces words correctly with a powerful naija accent. You don't have to fake any accent to get the correct pronounciation of words.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by fundamentals(m): 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
i neva liked american eng.brits eng is stil d best.
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by An0nimus: 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
This thread is a duplicate. Seen it on FP before.
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by roxell120(m): 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
I giggle most times wheƱ I see some of them struggling with their fake american accent.but believe u me listen to nigeriainfo fm and listen to those guys speak. american accent is nowhere near them. so perfect.
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
@op u ar sufferin frm lack of civilization
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by princeonx: 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2013

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by tyson99(m): 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]That is why i like OGTV,LTV,because and co... grin
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by angelTI(f): 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
abeg lets name those with fake accents jor:
toke makinwa
freeze of cool fm
toolz sef

oya let the naming begin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
LOL... I get really pissed especially with Oluyole FM radio presenters in Ibadan. U barely hear wat they say sometimes, and they can be rude to callers too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by demelza: 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
Cool fm presenters are most guilty of this.
Kenny Ogungbe of Kennis music also forms americano but his thick ijebu accent wont let him pull it off.
Dj Jimmy Jatt inspite of him having the H-factor also forms his h-accent.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Pancho01(m): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ds is 4 d lady dat wrote ds post. Lets say i saw u in a shoping mall,i walkd 2u inorder 2 woo u, and i start speakn lik a mallam. What wil b ur reaction or respnse? B sincere oh!
4 sum of us dat tune in 2 cool fm radio station wil agree wt me dat, one of d tins dat mak their programmes n presentations interesting n fun 2listen 2, is their ability 2 express such accents.
Ds presenters ar makn efort dnt 4get it's nt our language. It's stil d same nigerians dat wil complain wen dey speak localy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by desthan(m): 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
kiss my a-s-z-e all ye haters. . . .

who give a horse s.h-i.t how you murafuckers feel. y'all can hold hand and jump of a cliff.

i wanna, opps!! sorry i mean i gotta run, dodo birdyy....
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by modele2: 3:56pm On Sep 16, 2013
Finally someone notices, the thing grates on my nerves.

A British man speaks like a Britishman, Americans , Germans ,Russians and the French all have their accents...But the Nigerian man instead of speaking in his own accent would start forming...i really dont understand.

Sometimes when you see nigerians talking to foreigners the way even the most local guy would just change tounge is alarming. As if an oyibo man changes his accent when talking to you. Mscheww.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Okaka27(m): 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
na radio presenters worst pass
amaka@hot fm grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2013
Baybe: Seriously, what's with the fake American accents undecided. They are presenting to a Nigeria audience and not American audience, why change your accent? It's getting annoying.
Some even make use of the accent when speaking pidgin English, Smh embarassed
U KNOW HOW NIGGERIANS LOVE THEIR AMERICAN MASTERS
WE ALSO KNOW HOW THE AMERICAN DETEST HAVING NIGGERIANS AROUND THEM
SO 2 THE NIGGERIANS THIS IS AS CLOSE TO U.S AS THEY CAN GET

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
Pancho01: Ds is 4 d lady dat wrote ds post. Lets say i saw u in a shoping mall,i walkd 2u inorder 2 woo u, and i start speakn lik a mallam. What wil b ur reaction or respnse? B sincere oh!
4 sum of us dat tune in 2 cool fm radio station wil agree wt me dat, one of d tins dat mak their programmes n presentations interesting n fun 2listen 2, is their ability 2 express such accents.
Ds presenters ar makn efort dnt 4get it's nt our language. It's stil d same nigerians dat wil complain wen dey speak localy.
VILLAGER
SMDH
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by IcekrimPaul007(m): 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
hey falaz, aint trying to b u jst kiinda trying 2 b me.... grin
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Okaka27(m): 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
Pancho01: Ds is 4 d lady dat wrote ds post. Lets say i saw u in a shoping mall,i walkd 2u inorder 2 woo u, and i start speakn lik a mallam. What wil b ur reaction or respnse? B sincere oh!
my friend sharrap there...
so if na u dey cool fm,u go dey fake ur accent dey speak 'garra gonna duh etc' shame on you

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
gringringrin
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2013
ledafaze:

Examples

Adaora Oleh (MTN Project fame)

Benjamin Joseph (MTN Project fame)

Osas Maltina (Dance all)

III Ryms (Glo African/Nigerian Idol)

ETC

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Okaka27(m): 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
why will i change my accent to american wen i've neva been there? plz be ur self and stop faking.Rememba guyz likes natural girls and girlz like natural guys wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by UIA04(f): 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
na project fame own tire me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Akshow: 4:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
gregtochi:

Osas Maltina (Dance all)

ETC
adaora speaks dat way she's not faking it. Same wit osas. Benjamin Joseph fakes accent? Really? U guys are jus unnecessary haterz. I said earlier, u guys confuse being fluent wit fake prolly cos ur pronunciation sucks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
gregtochi:

Osas Maltina (Dance all)

ETC
hav u read there biographies on d net? Osas ighodaro is an american citizen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 Powerful Ways To Transform Yourself For The New Year / Man Gives Food Items & Money To Mum Of Malnourished Kids He Found On Streets / Change Of Name In Newspaper publication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.