Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Nairalanders' Webmasters I Need Your Professional Help On This Portal Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairalanders' Webmasters I Need Your Professional Help On This Portal Website (593 Views)

Free Call Trick Without Internet And Create Wapka.mobi Download Portal Website! / Full Tutorial And Codes---how To Create A Wapka Download Portal Website. / University Portal (Website): How Much And Other Technology-related Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders' Webmasters I Need Your Professional Help On This Portal Website by KINGBEN1(m): 12:35am On Sep 15, 2013
PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS ASSIGNMENT:

1.(A) WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE SOFTWARE USED IN CREATING THE LASPOTECH PORTAL SITE (portal.laspotech.net)

AND THE UI PORTAL SITE (portal.ui.edu.ng)?

(B) What is the data size of the web/portal?

2. WHO IS BOTH PORTAL SITE DESIGNERS?

3. WHAT PORTAL WEBSITE SOFTWARE IS THE BEST?

4. WHAT IS THE BEST COMPANY IN PORTAL SITE CONSTRUCTION?
Re: Nairalanders' Webmasters I Need Your Professional Help On This Portal Website by bigtt76(f): 1:11am On Sep 15, 2013
1. Right click on the portal site and select Page Source Information or something like that then look through to see if they used WordPress (wp ...xx), Joomla or Drupal Content Management System which is quite popular with web portal designers in Nigeria.

UI Portal Site was developed using Java on a proprietary framework created by Socketworks (cPortal)

B. Data size of the web/portal is relative as in not fixed but infinite since you can't really predict the number of users and even if you do then you must accommodate for future expansions or increased usage.

2. UI developed by Socketworks while Laspotech might be an internally developed site by school's IT department. Right clicking might give you more details when you look through the page source.

3. It depends on its proposed use and level of security required. Most use Java because of its perceived secure d nature but most other CMS described in 1 above are also well maintained with updates and are very fast to get off the ground running in no time. They're PHP/MySql based and Open source too so its almost free like Java but scares people since its community based (various modules developed by other developers) .

4. Socketworks. Google them to see the list of their sites. At a time they managed portals for almost all the tertiary institutions in Nigeria and some parts of Africa and are well established. There are other good individual Portal designers too who have one or two projects alike.

Please next time don't use upper case words as it seem rude ...its regarded as shouting on the web.
Re: Nairalanders' Webmasters I Need Your Professional Help On This Portal Website by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 15, 2013
@King Ben. we are best company (i - DIGIT GLOBAL SERVICES LTD) when it comes to advance, reliable, efficient student's university portal. However, we can design and develop an amazing school portal (Student's Divine Oracle School Management System - SDOSMS) with the following great features

1. Compute Students Grade Point Automatically together with their carried over courses and up to three extra years accurately within seconds. Student Divine Oracle is so flexible that it can even compute direct students result too.
[img][/img]
2. View Student Detailed Computed Results Online from first year to their final and even all year result summary.
[img][/img]
3. Easy, portable, fast and flexible payment systems of tuition fees using school customize scratch cards.

4. Student Grade Points (gps) are automatically and accurately calculated and students can see their academic standing at any level. For e.g., if the student is in her 300 level, this portal calculates her 100, 200 and 300 level results and automatically gives her current gps within seconds.
[img][/img]
5. Generate all or a Student Transcript within seconds

6. Search or retrieve any student profile or records within seconds by specifying their Registration no

7. Socialize online with friends.
[img][/img]
8. Receive results on your mobile phone.

9. Send customize SMS to all student at once.

10. Student's can easily predict future Grade Point.

11. Maintains student excess credit units.

12. It erases the era of manual computation of result which causes enormous waste of time, energy, resources and at times leads to inaccuracy of students result.

13. Prospective students can register for their Post UME anywhere without coming to the university, this will drastically reduce the stress and pains they undergo to purchase Post UME form and pin. Hence, they can check their results as well as their admission status online. Their results and admission status can be sent to their mobile and sponsor's mobile number.

14. Student's Divine Oracle School Management System (SDOSMS) is highly secure and advance coded with an amazing records backups and server replications. Hence, in terms of any hazards like fire, war, theft etc, the whole information and the portal can restore back within minutes.
Students Exam time table can also be downloaded or view online.

15. Student's Divine Oracle School Management System (SDOSMS) cannot be wrongly manipulated by the admins. It was structurally designed and developed that admins have different tasks and privileges given to them. Hence, each activity of an admins is monitored and recorded.

16. Student's Divine Oracle School Management System (SDOSMS) is highly secured, flexible and easily be integrated into an existing school portal.

17. Lastly our team of programmers can deploy the application once approved within two months. More so, our amazing staffs will trained the school on how to use this ORACLE free of charge.

Further, we are current running Student's Divine Oracle School Management System (SDOSMS) in two university.

Log on to http://www.demo.idigitgs.com to feel a live demo of Student's Divine Oracle School Management System (SDOSMS). Click on student login at top right corner to login with details provided there.

For more info Call 08030716751, 081 6368 6200 or email support[at]idigitgs.com, igweze[at]live.com
Re: Nairalanders' Webmasters I Need Your Professional Help On This Portal Website by KINGBEN1(m): 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
Thank you to bigtt76 and jerome 76 for your insightful solutions and advice.
Re: Nairalanders' Webmasters I Need Your Professional Help On This Portal Website by bigtt76(f): 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
@jerome44 been trying to access your demo site to no avail. Please try do something about it.
Re: Nairalanders' Webmasters I Need Your Professional Help On This Portal Website by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ bigtt76. The demo site is working properly. Whats problem did u encounter?. Thanks
Re: Nairalanders' Webmasters I Need Your Professional Help On This Portal Website by KINGBEN1(m): 6:11am On Sep 16, 2013
@ jerome 44

pls am about to recommend to a school, pls what is the software you used in making this site and
most university sites now have flash images running on them, i think it will be better if you put flash images running on your site.
Re: Nairalanders' Webmasters I Need Your Professional Help On This Portal Website by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 16, 2013
@KING BEN. I didn't use any software but I program everything from scratch using programming language like html, CSS, Jquery, Ajax, Php and MySQL as the back end. Meanwhile, i will integrate the flash or slide image on demo site but reason I didn't so in the demo is enable it load faster.

To know more about the web application please download this pdf at www.demo.idigitgs.com/SDOSMS.pdf. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Joomla SMS Component & GSM Database (local Govt. By Local Govt -new Update) / FACEBOOK POKING: What It Means To You? / Your Opinion On This Site- Webmasters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.