Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi (21167 Views)

Edo Is Not More 'Niger Delta' Than Imo, Ondo & Abia / 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses / Examining Lagos State GDP Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by eaglechild: 4:52am On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

Osun IGR is 1.6 billion naira. Anambra is 1.1 billion naira. There is no state that can not survive without oil money. What they get per year is much less than 1 billion dollars. They can easily slice it off their GDP if they wanted. We will get there one day.
Then how is Anambra with a much higher population able to pay salaries while Osun cannot even with a smaller population and higher IGR.

Is it not obvious that the figures are fake.

7 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by mcino: 5:14am On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

They can leave money in the account by spending less than their income. They have federal allocations which forms the bulk of their budget.

Do your own investigations. Anambra is planning to increase IGR to 3.3 billion naira per month but present figure is 1.1 billion naira while Osun is 1.6 billion naira. The first thing Aregbe did on becoming governor is to employ 20 thousand people. That increased the wage bill. I heard of Anambra leaving money in reserve but I don't know what to call that when the place does not have the highest living standard in the world. What do you call a man with malnourished children who has 1 billion naira in his bank account? Even the US is 16 trillion dollars in debt. Lagos is in debt. I am not in favour of debt but saving money in a place while you have a dire need for infrastructures and etc does not seem smart. Anambra does not have enough not to talk of excess.

Don't think Osun is a small state. No state has more urban centers in Nigeria. There is huge economic activities going on with products that do well in the international and local markets. One would expect Osun to have a relatively large GDP.
You should be ashamed if yourself. I am not from Anambra state, but as I am typing from the state now, I am seeing lies upon lies in your postulations here. The level if economic activities going in here is wonderful. Don't just open your mouth to talk. An ordinary Loader in Anambra goes home with nothing less than 10k daily. It is verifiable. Most of the people considered to be touts here own story buildings. Standard of living here is way very high and all their rural roads are well paved and connected. You can move from Nnewi to Awka, connecting through villages without passing through an untarred road. It snacks if ignorance and also an insult to compare Anambra state to Osun state. Stop this nonsense

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 5:22am On Jun 15, 2015
eaglechild:

Then how is Anambra with a much higher population able to pay salaries while Osun cannot even with a smaller population and higher IGR.

If you collect 1 billion and announce 1.6 billion, then you have to add 600 million by yourself. It goes through banks, so you can't collect 1.6 billion and announce 1 billion. It is not something that can be faked. Osun wage bills are obviously much higher than Anambra's
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by eaglechild: 5:23am On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

They can leave money in the account by spending less than their income. They have federal allocations which forms the bulk of their budget.

Do your own investigations. Anambra is planning to increase IGR to 3.3 billion naira per month but present figure is 1.1 billion naira while Osun is 1.6 billion naira. The first thing Aregbe did on becoming governor is to employ 20 thousand people. That increased the wage bill. I heard of Anambra leaving money in reserve but I don't know what to call that when the place does not have the highest living standard in the world. What do you call a man with malnourished children who has 1 billion naira in his bank account? Even the US is 16 trillion dollars in debt. Lagos is in debt. I am not in favour of debt but saving money in a place while you have a dire need for infrastructures and etc does not seem smart. Anambra does not have enough not to talk of excess.

Don't think Osun is a small state. No state has more urban centers in Nigeria. There is huge economic activities going on with products that do well in the international and local markets. One would expect Osun to have a relatively large GDP.
Lol.
It is now very clear that you have never left your region or visited Anambra.

Anambra is one of the most urbanized states in Nigeria and ranks among the top in all facets of human development and mdg attainment.
Well ahead of Osun.

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/nbslibrary/social-
economic-statistics/mdgs

7 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 5:30am On Jun 15, 2015
mcino:

You should be ashamed if yourself. I am not from Anambra state, but as I am typing from the state now, I am seeing lies upon lies in your postulations here. The level if economic activities going in here is wonderful. Don't just open your mouth to talk. An ordinary Loader in Anambra goes home with nothing less than 10k daily. It is verifiable. Most of the people considered to be touts here own story buildings. Standard of living here is way very high and all their rural roads are well paved and connected. You can move from Nnewi to Awka, connecting through villages without passing through an untarred road. It snacks if ignorance and also an insult to compare Anambra state to Osun state. Stop this nonsense

How do you mean it is an insult to compare Osun to Anambra? I don't understand that. Have you ever been to Osun state? What are the products coming out of Anambra that makes the people there richer than Osun people? You can't create wealth out of thin air. You have to produce some things. What are those things that ranks Anambra ahead of Osun? If you have read my posts on this thread. You should have seen why Osun can be richer. Cocoa, coffee, kolanuts. Foreigners come for these things with forex. Anambra has a bit more population but Osun has far more wealth. It is easy to see that.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by eaglechild: 5:35am On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

If you collect 1 billion and announce 1.6 billion, then you have to add 600 million by yourself. It goes through banks, so you can't collect 1.6 billion and announce 1 billion. It is not something that can be faked. Osun wage bills are obviously much higher than Anambra's
It is extremely unlikely that a state with a significantly smaller population (one million less) will have a higher wage bill.
It doesn't add up.

Then factor in the 400million extra income Osun claims to make and you wonder why Osun is owning 7 months salaries while Anambra is increasing wages.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 5:40am On Jun 15, 2015
eaglechild:

Lol.
It is now very clear that you have never left your region or visited Anambra.

Anambra is one of the most urbanized states in Nigeria and ranks among the top in all facets of human development and mdg attainment.
Well ahead of Osun.

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/nbslibrary/social-
economic-statistics/mdgs

I have been to Onitsha. Anambra is urbanised but not with as much urban centers as Osun. Ilesa, Osogbo, Ife, Ede, Iwo, Ila, are all full fledged urban centers with sizeable populations.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 6:03am On Jun 15, 2015
eaglechild:

It is extremely unlikely that a state with a significantly smaller population (one million less) will have a higher wage bill.
It doesn't add up.

Then factor in the 400million extra income Osun claims to make and you wonder why Osun is owning 7 months salaries while Anambra is increasing wages.

It is the number of people in the civil service that determines the wage bill. Not population. Osun employed 20 thousand with Oyes immediately after Aregbe was sworn in. I believe the size of Osun civil service will be more than Anambra's. The IGR figures are correct. Osun is in debt as they borrowed to finance the provision of infrastructures and the payments are deducted from source. All states can finance themselves with their economies. These states are hugely populated, having much real estates, farms and industries. The time to start will soon be here.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

I have been to Onitsha. Anambra is urbanised but not with as much urban centers as Osun. Ilesa, Osogbo, Ife, Ede, Iwo, Ila, are all full fledged urban centers with sizeable populations.

Very stu$pid comment. This why Igbos want Biafra...they are tired of this senseless comparison. Who in the hell will ever want to compare Anambra with a misery, decrepit, bankrupt and lowlife state as Osun...for God sake? Who in the hell does that! Anambra has the strongest economy in Nigeria right now...RIGHT NOW! It has zero debt. The only state that can survive without Federal allocation. Even my own state Cross River cannot survive...I'm not ashamed to say that. Anambra is the only state that can compete with Lagos. I repeat Anambra is the only state in the country that can compete with Lagos despite not having federal character, seaport and airport...these are want attract people to Lagos. Remove all these; businesses will leave Lagos and it won't be any different from Osun. Anambra still stands tall without all these. I'm not from Anambra but have investments and do business there.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 6:32am On Jun 15, 2015
new2020:

Very stu$pid comment. This why Igbos want Biafra...they are tired of this stup$id comparison. Who in the hell will ever want to compare Anambra with a misery, decrepit, bankrupt and lowlife state as Osun...for God sake? Who in the hell does that! Anambra has the strongest economy in Nigeria right now...RIGHT NOW! The only state that can survive without Federal allocation. Even my own state Cross River cannot survive...I'm not ashamed to say that. Anambra is the only state that can compete with Lagos. I repeat Anambra is the only state in the country that can compete with Lagos despite not having federal character, seaport and airport...these are want attract people to Lagos. Remove all these; businesses will leave Lagos and it won't be any different from Osun. Anambra still stands tall without all these. I'm not from Anambra but have investments there.

You are the one being stupid by being disrespectful instead of answering questions. What production is Anambra known for that makes the people rich. Simple question. Lagos, Kano, Oyo, Rivers, Katsina and etc. That's how states rank by GDP size. The most important cities are Lagos, Kano, Ibadan and etc. Those are the places you find the highest numbers of foreign business men. I don't know what you mean by Anambra ranking next to Lagos. Is it by GDP size or per capita income. Statistics say Kano is next to Lagos by GDP size and Osun is next to Lagos by per capita income. What is Anambra's status? You seem to be totally out of touch and marooned in Anambra my brother.

We want our own nation too and we want Biafra for you. At worst we want fiscal federalism for Nigeria but many people especially from the North think it will not favour them. We may also need to be our brother's keeper.

How do you mean Cross River can not survive without allocations? Do you know Cross River's GDP? Do you know the FG allocations to Cross River? What percentage of the GDP is it? Probably less than 10 percent. So you are wrong.

You are from Cross River but have investments in Anambra. That's how everywhere is. Whether it is Lagos or Anambra.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by akwabassey: 6:42am On Jun 15, 2015
Ok

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by akwabassey: 6:45am On Jun 15, 2015
Weldon

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by akwabassey: 6:51am On Jun 15, 2015
eaglechild:

The fact is that they lie a lot with their media. Churning out lies as news is their stock in trade.lol if not how will one compare a rural state with only civil servants to an advanced state like Anambra.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 6:54am On Jun 15, 2015
These are old houses that have not been pulled down. We are proud of them. Where in Osun is this? What year? And this is not representative of modern Osun. I grew up in Ilesa Osun state. This picture does not remove from what is on ground and does not subtract from the production going in. It does not destroy the cash crops farm. The SW is more prosperous than the rest of the zones. This picture can't change that. What exactly are you trying to prove? The society is a mix of wealth and poverty but SW as a zone is the most productive and richest. Osun is at the heart of that.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by akwabassey: 7:03am On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:
These are old houses that have not been pulled down. We are proud of them. Where in Osun is this? What year? And this is not representative of modern Osun. I grew up in Ilesa Osun state. This picture does not remove from what is on ground and does not subtract from the production going in. It does not destroy the cash crops farm. The SW is more prosperous than the rest of the zones. This picture can't change that. What exactly are you trying to prove? The society is a mix of wealth and poverty but SW as a zone is the most productive and richest. Osun is at the heart of that.

You are just despicable. Can re-read the nonsense u just wrote? Its laughable cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 7:24am On Jun 15, 2015
akwabassey:

You are just despicable. Can re-read the nonsense u just wrote? Its laughable cheesy

What is laughable there? You can't answer simple questions. What is Anambra producing that makes her richer than Osun? Why talk down on the SW? For what? You say we are poor but you can't prove that with any statistics. Not the list of richest 10 in Nigeria. Not IGR in states. Not the list of Nigerian CEOs and industrialists. What then do we use. This is unfortunate. Wealthy people are not that numerous. We can't have 100 thousand people worth 200 million naira and above in Nigeria. So these things can't be hidden. Please stop talking down on Yoruba people. No group is more in number in Africa or more illustrious. That is natural because of the sheer number and advantageous geography. It is very possible that Osun is much richer than Anambra. Our products like cocoa, coffee, kolanuts reach the ends of the Earth and are in high demand. We have corporations and businesses that service the Nigerian market. It will be a feat for Anambra to be able to produce more wealth than the more advantaged Osun.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Yeske2(m): 7:37am On Jun 15, 2015
Osun is to Nigeria as Greece is to Europe, GDP and income based on loans and when the chips were down, the picture became clearer.

8 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 8:20am On Jun 15, 2015
Yeske2:
Osun is to Nigeria as Greece is to Europe, GDP and income based on loans and when the chips were down, the picture became clearer.

Debt in Greece is like 100 percent of GDP if not more. Osun GDP is like 20 billion dollars. Debt may not be more than 100 million dollars if I am correct.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Yeske2(m): 8:33am On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

Debt in Greece is like 100 percent of GDP if not more. Osun GDP is like 20 billion dollars. Debt may not be more than 100 million dollars if I am correct.
Take or leave it, a large part of Osun's income was loans and income reflects in the GDP.

5 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 8:46am On Jun 15, 2015
Yeske2:
Take or leave it, a large part of Osun's income was loans and income reflects in the GDP.

I will like our debt profile to be at least 80 percent of GDP just like in Europe not the current less than 0.5 percent.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Yeske2(m): 8:52am On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

I will like our debt profile to be at least 80 percent of GDP just like in Europe not the current less than 0.5 percent.
Prove your 0.5%, meanwhile please tell the governor to pay up workers and the banks he borrowed from.
I heard somewhere that Osun is owning the Anambra state government, how true is that?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by eaglechild: 8:56am On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

What is laughable there? You can't answer simple questions. What is Anambra producing that makes her richer than Osun? Why talk down on the SW? For what? You say we are poor but you can't prove that with any statistics. Not the list of richest 10 in Nigeria. Not IGR in states. Not the list of Nigerian CEOs and industrialists. What then do we use. This is unfortunate. Wealthy people are not that numerous. We can't have 100 thousand people worth 200 million naira and above in Nigeria. So these things can't be hidden. Please stop talking down on Yoruba people. No group is more in number in Africa or more illustrious. That is natural because of the sheer number and advantageous geography. It is very possible that Osun is much richer than Anambra. Our products like cocoa, coffee, kolanuts reach the ends of the Earth and are in high demand. We have corporations and businesses that service the Nigerian market. It will be a feat for Anambra to be able to produce more wealth than the more advantaged Osun.
What does Anambra produce??
Hmmmm.
There are thousands of manufacturing companies in Anambra state rivaled only by Lagos and perhaps Kano and lately Ogun.

These are not just local companies but regional powerhouses that directly feed the largest market in West Africa located in Onitsha.

I put it to you that the cocoa you boast of is bought by Anambra and processed then sold back to you at double the price.

Below is a list of plastics manufacturing companies in Onitsha north L. G. A. Just one L. G. A. and just plastics.

Bentraco Group
Obosi, Onitsha North, Anambra, Nigeria
AGRICULTURAL PRODUCT
AGRICULTURE & FARMS DIESEL DEALERS
PLASTICS
S. Agada Rainbow Ventures Nigeria
Onitsha North, Anambra, Nigeria
CORPORATE GIFTS EQUIPMENTS
MANUFACTURING PLASTICS
Markson Chemical Industries West
Africa Limited
Odoakpo, Onitsha North, Anambra, Nigeria
BEAUTY SALON MANUFACTURING
PERSONAL CARE PLASTICS
Divine Mercy Supper Store
BATHROOM FITTING
ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENTS
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT DEALERS PLASTICS
Kenkos Technologies
EQUIPMENTS HEALTHCARE
LABORATORY EQUIPMENTS PLASTICS
Ezenwa Plastic Industry Nigeria Limited
Awada Layout, Obosi, Onitsha North,
Anambra, Nigeria
HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES KITCHEN UTENSILS
MANUFACTURING PLASTICS
Kristoral & Co. Limited
MANUFACTURING PLASTIC DEALERS
PLASTICS
Chudone Plastic Furniture Limited
Onitsha, Onitsha North, Anambra, Nigeria
PLASTICS
Halal Ja Industries Limited
Fegge, Onitsha North, Anambra, Nigeria
BUILDING MATERIALS & PLUMBING MATERIALS
HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES MANUFACTURING
PLASTICS
Ezenwa Plastics Industry Nigeria
Limited
Ezenwa Street, Onitsha North, Anambra,
Nigeria
PLASTICS

Reliable Steel And Plastic Industry
Limited
PLASTICS
Edu Service
PLASTICS
Citizen Paints Ventures
PAINTS PLASTICS
Machinery Warehouse Outlet
Anambra, Nigeria
INDUSTRIAL MATERIALS MANUFACTURING
MARKETING PLASTICS
C Y And Bros Trading Company
ART & CRAFT SHOPS BAGS
BUILDING MATERIALS PLASTICS
Okparauzoma Commercial Enterprises
Nigeria
PLASTICS
Ibekilo Enterprises
MANUFACTURING OFFICE SERVICES
PLASTIC DEALERS PLASTICS
Ikomo Plastics Nigeria
GENERAL MERCHANDISE
HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES IMPORTS & EXPORTS
PLASTICS
Dynacord Technologies
Inland Town, Onitsha North, Anambra,
Nigeria
BOTTLED WATER MANUFACTURERS
ENTERTAINMENT EQUIPMENTS PLASTICS
Chris-Killian Ventures
ELECTRONICS ELECTRONICS APPLIANCES
GENERAL MERCHANDISE PLASTICS

Felix Foundation Nigeria Limited
BOUTIQUES CLOTHING FOOD PLASTICS
Awutolo Industries Limited
Nkpor, Onitsha North, Anambra, Nigeria
PLASTICS
Plastic Nigeria Limited
PLASTICS
Sab Neon And Art Works
BOOK SHOP EDUCATION MANUFACTURING
PLASTICS
Syinco Group Of Company
Odoaktu, Onitsha North, Anambra, Nigeria
BED AND BEDDING BUILDING MATERIALS
CEILING PLASTICS
Easy Ventures
PLASTIC DEALERS PLASTICS
Big Video Link And Sound Concept
BABIES & KIDDIES PRODUCTS
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT DEALERS
ELECTRONICS PLASTICS
Okeyson Plastic Ventures
PLASTIC DEALERS PLASTICS STORES

This list Is not exhaustive.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 9:10am On Jun 15, 2015
Yeske2:
Prove your 0.5%, meanwhile please tell the governor to pay up workers and the banks he borrowed from.
I heard somewhere that Osun is owning the Anambra state government, how true is that?

100 million dollars is 0.5 percent of 20 billion dollars.

Osun can't be owing Anambra directly since Anambra is not a bank but if Anambra has invested in bonds and etc. That may be possible indirectly. Nigerian banks invests in European bonds and their government and businesses laps everything up. That is normal. It means Europe is owing Nigeria.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 9:20am On Jun 15, 2015
eaglechild:

What does Anambra produce??
Hmmmm.
There are thousands of manufacturing companies in Anambra state rivaled only by Lagos and perhaps Kano and lately Ogun.

These are not just local companies but regional powerhouses that directly feed the largest market in West Africa located in Onitsha.

I put it to you that the cocoa you boast of is bought by Anambra and processed then sold back to you at double the price.

Below is a list of plastics manufacturing companies in Onitsha north L. G. A. Just one L. G. A. and just plastics.

Bentraco Group
AGRICULTURAL PRODUCT
AGRICULTURE & FARMS DIESEL DEALERS
PLASTICS
S. Agada Rainbow Ventures Nigeria
CORPORATE GIFTS EQUIPMENTS
MANUFACTURING PLASTICS
Markson Chemical Industries West
Africa Limited
Odoakpo, Onitsha North, Anambra, Nigeria
BEAUTY SALON MANUFACTURING
PERSONAL CARE PLASTICS
Divine Mercy Supper Store
BATHROOM FITTING
ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENTS
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT DEALERS PLASTICS
Kenkos Technologies
EQUIPMENTS HEALTHCARE
LABORATORY EQUIPMENTS PLASTICS
Ezenwa Plastic Industry Nigeria Limited
Anambra, Nigeria
HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES KITCHEN UTENSILS
MANUFACTURING PLASTICS
Kristoral & Co. Limited
PLASTICS
Chudone Plastic Furniture Limited
PLASTICS
Halal Ja Industries Limited
Fegge, Onitsha North, Anambra, Nigeria
BUILDING MATERIALS & PLUMBING MATERIALS
PLASTICS
Ezenwa Plastics Industry Nigeria
Limited
Ezenwa Street, Onitsha North, Anambra,
Nigeria
PLASTICS

Reliable Steel And Plastic Industry
Limited
PLASTICS
Edu Service
PLASTICS
Citizen Paints Ventures
PAINTS PLASTICS
Machinery Warehouse Outlet
Anambra, Nigeria
INDUSTRIAL MATERIALS MANUFACTURING
MARKETING PLASTICS
C Y And Bros Trading Company
ART & CRAFT SHOPS BAGS
BUILDING MATERIALS PLASTICS
Okparauzoma Commercial Enterprises
Nigeria
PLASTICS
Ibekilo Enterprises
PLASTIC DEALERS PLASTICS
Ikomo Plastics Nigeria
GENERAL MERCHANDISE
HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES IMPORTS & EXPORTS
PLASTICS
Dynacord Technologies
Inland Town, Onitsha North, Anambra,
Nigeria
BOTTLED WATER MANUFACTURERS
ENTERTAINMENT EQUIPMENTS PLASTICS
Chris-Killian Ventures
ELECTRONICS ELECTRONICS APPLIANCES
GENERAL MERCHANDISE PLASTICS

Felix Foundation Nigeria Limited
BOUTIQUES CLOTHING FOOD PLASTICS
Awutolo Industries Limited
Nkpor, Onitsha North, Anambra, Nigeria
PLASTICS
Plastic Nigeria Limited
PLASTICS
Sab Neon And Art Works
BOOK SHOP EDUCATION MANUFACTURING
PLASTICS
Syinco Group Of Company
Odoaktu, Onitsha North, Anambra, Nigeria
BED AND BEDDING BUILDING MATERIALS
CEILING PLASTICS
Easy Ventures
PLASTIC DEALERS PLASTICS
Big Video Link And Sound Concept
BABIES & KIDDIES PRODUCTS
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT DEALERS
ELECTRONICS PLASTICS
Okeyson Plastic Ventures
PLASTIC DEALERS PLASTICS STORES

This list Is not exhaustive.

Please I am not saying Anambra is not producing. I am only saying Osun products have more reach and brings more wealth. There are thousands of industries in Osun too. Small scale and large scale. Plastic industries, foam industries, steel industries and etc in Ilesa and other Osun cities.

Is there a cocoa processing plant in Anambra?. There used to be one in Ede Osun state but I am not sure its still functioning. The cocoa produced in Osun is mainly for Europe, China, Americas, Japan and etc. Not for mainly local consumption. Cadbury and co are the users of processed cocoa in Nigeria and I don't think they have plants in Anambra. Do they?
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by eaglechild: 9:37am On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

Please I am not saying Anambra is not producing. I am only saying Osun products have more reach and brings more wealth. There are thousands of industries in Osun too. Small scale and large scale. Plastic industries, foam industries, steel industries and etc in Ilesa and other Osun cities.

Is there a cocoa processing plant in Anambra?. There used to be one in Ede Osun state but I am not sure its still functioning. The cocoa produced in Osun is mainly for Europe, China, Americas, Japan and etc. Not for mainly local consumption. Cadbury and co are the users of processed cocoa in Nigeria and I don't think they have plants in Anambra. Do they?
That is the problem Osun state and indeed most of the SW has.

You lie in wait for multinationals to come and develop your place.
What happened to local manufacturing and innovation.

There are hundreds of food processing plants including beverage companies that are locally owned that make use of cocoa.

They convert it to the finished products.
When I said cocoa your mind automatically zoomed in to bournvita.
Chai!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 9:55am On Jun 15, 2015
eaglechild:

That is the problem Osun state and indeed most of the SW has.

You lie in wait for multinationals to come and develop your place.
What happened to local manufacturing and innovation.

There are hundreds of food processing plants including beverage companies that are locally owned that make use of cocoa.

They convert it to the finished products.
When I said cocoa your mind automatically zoomed in to bournvita.
Chai!

Right across the road here is Multitrex Nigeria limited that produces cocoa beverages but the most popular products in Nigeria are Cadbury products. You say we wait for multinationals but in Ilesa, the IB Plc was founded by Dr Lawrence Omole and it is now a foremost corporation in Nigeria traded on the NSE. A strong viable corporation. One of the foremost in Nigeria. Do you have something like that in Anambra? They are not dependent on government patronage but have their market share. The MD is a big man in corporate Nigeria. They now have Europeans on their board.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by FKO81(m): 10:30am On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

You're just Johnbull how can you compare Osun to Anambra? Coco plantation and your tedious brain didn't remind you that Anambra produces rice, as a matter of facts Anambra have two rice processing mills, Coched farm, and Anambra rice processing mill Omor, cassava plant and maize etc, Big industries in Anambra SAB, Innoson, Orange drugs, Juhal, Cutix plc, Ibeto, Kutic, tommy tommy noodle, Chicason, Dozzy oil, Millennium, Sunocu, AZ Oil, Eastern Distilleries and beverages, Whiz, Tonnimas etc. and don't forget Anambra is 10th Oil producing state, Orient refinary is there. Big transport companies, Anambra host many international markets, Nollywood is third in movie production in the world and Onitsha producers and marketers contributed large percentage, these areas contribute alots in Anambra employment index.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 11:27am On Jun 15, 2015
FKO81:

You're just Johnbull how can you compare Osun to Anambra? Coco plantation and your tedious brain didn't remind you that Anambra produces rice, as a matter of facts Anambra have two rice processing mills, Coched farm, and Anambra rice processing mill Omor, cassava plant and maize etc, Big industries in Anambra SAB, Innoson, Orange drugs, Juhal, Cutix plc, Ibeto, Kutic, tommy tommy noodle, Chicason, Dozzy oil, Millennium, Sunocu, AZ Oil, Eastern Distilleries and beverages, Whiz, Tonnimas etc. and don't forget Anambra is 10th Oil producing state, Orient refinary is there. Big transport companies, Anambra host many international markets, Nollywood is third in movie production in the world and Onitsha producers and marketers contributed large percentage, these areas contribute alots in Anambra employment index.

You have not summed up all those production and confirmed it surpasses that of Osun in value. That is what the experts have done. They found out Osun far surpasses Anambra.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 15, 2015
Yeske2:

yes na osun is owing Anambra . peter obi being enlightened and seeing the future. invested heavily in osun states bond.

dat lawani guy shouldn't let us take over. osun.

the guy funny die.
compare osun to anambra.

some one should use Google earth to compare thw the two states.
mtn network isn't letting me do so

4 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

Right across the road here is Multitrex Nigeria limited that produces cocoa beverages but the most popular products in Nigeria are Cadbury products. You say we wait for multinationals but in Ilesa, the IB Plc was founded by Dr Lawrence Omole and it is now a foremost corporation in Nigeria traded on the NSE. A strong viable corporation. One of the foremost in Nigeria. Do you have something like that in Anambra? They are not dependent on government patronage but have their market share. The MD is a big man in corporate Nigeria. They now have Europeans on their board.

Your fixation and lies about this International Breweries is becoming nauseating. I wanted to ignore it initially but you've continued with the lies in successive posts.

International breweries is currently being operated by SABMiller, the same company that runs the intafact brewery in Onitsha. IB has an annual brewing capacity of 500,000 hectolitres while the Onitsha brewery opened in 2012 with a brewing capacity of 700,000 hectolitres and is in the final phase of upgrade taking the capacity to 2.1million hectolitres.

That a company is listed on the bourse doesn't mean it's doing well than its counterparts not listed.

The Onitsha based brewery is way ahead of the Ilesa based brewery both in terms of capacity and market share.

Always get your facts right.

9 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lyntiffany(f): 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
StBlack1:

Enugu developed than Oyo?...

Ur posts only just gets more & more illogical per second !

First, whats your opinion on Purshasing Power here ('cos im still dont see any point made in your post) ?.....
Tell me , betwn Nigeria & India, who has d most PPP (or isnt this your own purchasing power u meant)? ...BUT isnt d no of slums in India 50 times d no of slums in Nigeria?

Second, if Enugu was developed, why do u ibhoes run away from there to Oyo ?.....

Again, whats ur own parameter for development, as i can see u are gradually getting emotional through heart attacks 'cos of d giant strides of SW?

I served in Enugu @ d state ministry dude ! i know Ogui Road, Emene, Okpara Square, Independence Layout, even other pathetic LGs like Awgu, Nsukka,etc.
Enugu is nothing to write home about bro ! . I thank God i wasnt kidnapped at the pride of SE! grin grin

Jokes Apart, Living in Sokoto is FAR BETTER than staying there! ..Enugu is Hell to stay bro !
your a pathetic liar, when other's were redeploying why did you pinch your tent there? cos you pathetic pig wants to collect 10k given to you by our state government.
Pls remind me how much osun, Ogun, Oyo pays their coper? ignoramus.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by vivalavida(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
It beats me how someone can compare Osun state with Anambara state. I am from imo state and i can confidently tell u that no state in this nigeria can boast of the number of millonaires and silent billonaires that hail from anambra. There are MEN in that state.
Osun @best can be compared to ebonyi state. And yet ebonyi state is doing better than Osun state.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Orubebe: FG Drops Bribery Charges Against Ex-Minister / APC Akwa-Ibom Youths Write Tinubu / Edo APC Crisis: Obaseki Rejects Ganduje Committee, Backs Buhari's Reconciliation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.