Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! (7181 Views)

Major General TY Buratai - Chief-of-army-staff To Buhari (photos) / NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges / Remain Of The Female Bomber In Damaturu After The Strike (very Gory Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by palmwine(m): 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2008
As for me, they've been on strike for as long as I can recall. Tell them to go to hell. we don't care any more
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by culdalex(m): 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2008
palmwine:

As for me, they've been on strike for as long as I can recall. Tell them to go to hell. we don't care any more

word
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Kemjisuper(m): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2008
They should all go on strike - That way there'll be no one to switch off the power when we're enjoying it most.

Provided they leave it switched on before they leave the building! grin
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Pennywise(m): 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2008
Deleted.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2008
Sarin:

Please, let someone bail the staff out now.

Bail who? Nepa officials are the most haughty set of human beings I've ever seen. Infact those who work for the government in Nigeria need good training in customer service. I can't pity them ooo.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by iseobio(m): 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2008
stillwater:

Bail who? Nepa officials are the most haughty set of human beings I've ever seen. Infact those who work for the government in Nigeria need good training in customer service. I can't pity them ooo.

you cannot blame them if they are haughty. thye are taking on the mentality of the taxman. the taxman is haughty because he knows he is representing the corrupt government who has nothing to show for the tax collected. PHCN staff will be haughty because they are collecting money for the light they have not supplied. so they have to be aggressive so that you wont complain but just be begging them.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2008
PHCN staff will be haughty because they are collecting money for the light they have not supplied. so they have to be aggressive so that you wont complain but just be begging them.

Lmao.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nigeria14: 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2008
I don't blame them. The minister is an arch, how do you expect an Arch to run the energy sector. Wrong peg. You see the money the FEDERAL GOVT collected from the external reserve to put into the power secion, $5 billion  is going to be wasted. She lack the understand of energy or electricity.

Look I am an electrical Engineer with experience.  and I would tell you,  All the project president yar Adua govt claim he want to do are not going to solve the problem,  I hear mabilla plateau. Please that project can not generate 30MW by the time it is finish. no matter how much they pump into it.

Look if President yar Adua is honest with solving the problem of electricity. Need electrical engineer and not business men or arch to help him solve. I have said before I can solve the problem, if given the opportunity to do so. I once worked on transmission network. and our problem is an issue of calculation, which you can not find any Nigerian in Nigeria to resolve.

You see when i got here I discovery say Oyigbo they hide something.  It is that hidden thing in electricity that we need. What should be change I can't discuss over the internet. If you do not believe me visit http://.com  and you would see wetin i fit do.  When Oyigbo believe in me. can you image my country. Now una mosquito go chop finish. If they do not believe I can't solve let president give me one state in the south west and if after 6 month that state would have power blackout.  The problem is only solve by calculation,  what did I call it calculation. and again madam minister the answer is calculation, the answer again, I say is calculation,  Calculation and calculation.  stop wasting Nigeria money. You need an electrical engineer to do some calculation. You can reach me if you need my service. my email is Nigeria1@Nigeriaone.com , I live abroad( north America). If na madam minister call me. My price is high , if na oga Yar adua call me, walahi na free of charge for first one hour, after that we go discuss.

http://.com
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nigeria14: 6:59pm On Jun 21, 2008
They should not put the money on Mabilla, it is a waste. In electical engineering , we call a principle as attenuation, what ever you generate in mabilla would not get to other part of nigeria because of attenuation.  Oyigbo dey charge me dollar for making mistake. Do not waste money on  mabila.

Put all the money on Geregu and Ajaokuta in kogi state.

If you doubt i am an electrical engineer, while in nigeria, some of my lecturer are prof Olufeagbe. prof Owolabi, prof ibiyemi (former dean of covanent university) Prof salami deputy dean university of malaysia. I did my first degree in Nigeria at the university of ilorin. some of the lecturer at the university of ilorin were my classmate. So this is not 419.

I don't not have the time. I would show you why the minister plan is a waste. i would be back to show you.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by TmeD0(m): 7:53pm On Jun 21, 2008
Chei! man don dey for darkness o wey me I still think say na NEPA dem be not knowing say dem don become Problem Holding Company of Nigeria.  This is so laughable cause just like everyone has stated, NEPA has been on strike right from day one.   NEPA wan strike?  What a joke! grin
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nigeria14: 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2008
look at the map. if you have the power far from load,  The attenuation is too high from mambilla, 

here are distance   from mambilla

kano is 389 miles kaduna is 356 mile katsina is 353 miles
Sokoto is 566 miles. Kebbi is 556 miles
Abuja is 353 miles  Lagos is 541 miles port harcourt  is 350 miles,   by the time the signal get to this place you would have too many attenuation and have what we call low current in NIGERIA.   

but from kogi state kaduna is 176 miles katsina i s 297 miles kano is 288 abuja is 99 miles sokoto is 298 miles kebbi is 265 miles,  lagos is 233 miles Port harcourt is 216 miles 

You would have too many attenuation and because you already have gas line , you can still you the one we have. You do not want to have too high attenuation . With mambilla , attenuation is too high and need so many boost, 

It is waste of money and times,  The only reason, you would want to build mambilla is if you want to supply power to cameroon republic, 

Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nigeria14: 12:24am On Jun 22, 2008
another advantage of geregu and ajaokuta is that you can in future convert their gas turbine to stream , and because they are close to river niger and benue ,  it is easy.

if i was minister of power i would increase the salary of staff and still have state of  emergency.  They should get paid better, because  if i was minister PHCN would be making money, i mean profit.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by deor03(m): 6:56am On Jun 22, 2008
Engr.

Just to let you know that , power is generated as HV ( 330KV, 132 KV) to take care for power loss due to transmission.

Mambilla is NOT entirely a Bad idea, since it can take care of the North Eastern part of the country. The is a 132KV transmission substation in Gombe that actually takes care of Yola Zone
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Mustay(m): 7:59am On Jun 22, 2008

In the past week, students of the Tai Solarin University of Education in Ijebu Ode, Ogun State reportedly went to the Ijebu Ode area office of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to complain about what looks like the permanent withholding of power supply in the Ijebu Ode area. For more than two months, the students had lived in darkness, their academic activities were being affected. So the students union in its wisdom decided that a protest march to the PHCN office would be in order, all the ?luta activists were mobilised, the students drew attention to the need for solidarity in pursuit of this important protest. So-li-da-ri-ty for ever, so-li so-li, so-li-da-ri-ty for ever, 

And so they marched on the PHCN area office, led by the Students Union President and other officials. A protest march by Nigerian students is always a serious matter, with the ever-present threat of violence and the students fully prepared these days for any eventuality including having to match the security agencies bullet for bullet if it comes to that! But the students of TASUED were in for a shock. When they got to the PHCN office, they met an instructive spectacle. The office was being run with the help of a power generating set, and there were lanterns all over the place. Even PHCN cannot help itself, the electricity supply company is in darkness most of the time, like other Nigerian spaces. If the students had planned to deliver any major sermon about effieciency, the loud whirring of the generating set and the litter of kerosene lanterns made the effort worthless. They simply suspended the protest, and listened to the PHCN officials who assured them that there would be electricity supply soon. The students walked back quietly to their school! grin sad

Nigeria is a nation in darkness, literally because the authorities are unable to provide electricty for homes and industries. The same week that the Ijebu Ode incident occurred, a similarly funny drama took place at the Abuja sitting of the Justice Kayode Eso-led Rivers State Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC). In the course of proceedings, just when Abiye Sekibo, former Minister of Transport and an emergent Godfather in Rivers state politics, was making the point that politics in the state is dominated by cultists, there was suddenly a power outage and the entire hall was thrown into darkness. This caused great panic. People switched on their cell phones to provide light! And "there were shouts of no movement oh, no movement oh!, and remain where you are!

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/editorial_opinion/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=220608&ptitle=God%20Didn't%20Annul%20June%2012
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by NiteAngel(m): 8:26am On Jun 22, 2008
Hilarious if not pathetically true. embarassed
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nigeria14: 10:12am On Jun 22, 2008
deor03 , you are wrong or you did not get me. KV means kilovolt. tomorrow, they also make you a minister, what did you read yoruba

see the article from guardian.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/energy/article01//indexn3_html?pdate=280508&ptitle=Celebrating%20one%20year%20of%20governance%20in%20darkness,%20Nigerians%20groan&cpdate=290508

Celebrating one year of governance in darkness, Nigerians groan
By Yetunde Ebosele, Taiwo Hassan and Sulaimon Salau

AS the nation prepares to mark the first year anniversary of President Umar Musa Yar'Adua's administration in office under the new democratic dispensation, Nigerians may continue to wait endlessly for an improved power supply, even as they have to celebrate the day with the use of generating sets and candles or face the wrath of power interruptions.

At inception of office on May 29, 2007, the President promised to declare a state of emergency in the power sector, the resolution of the government to achieve this feat has remained a mirage. The about 140 million population of the country now has less electricity than they had in the pre- Ya'Adua era.

As Nigerians were expecting the declaration to come into fruition, the President shocked every one by embarking on a probe of the over N16 billion expended on the near comatose sector by the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Obviously perturbed by the huge amounts expended on power projects without any improvement, he declined further investment in the sector until the actual amount spent was ascertained.

Energy, power inclusive is one of the seven-point agenda of the Ya'Adua's administration. Unfortunately, no concerted efforts have been made to improve the power situation in Nigeria.

Instead of formulating new policies aimed at improving the lots of Nigerians at all levels, or better still improve on policies of the past administration, the Yar'Adua's administration has spent a good part of the past year undoing what the previous administration did.

Reacting to the inactive nature of the present leadership in the country, Chief Gani Fawehinmi (SAN), recently said, "Yar'Adua is not enthusiastic about governing because he didn't fight to come to power. The result is a dull style of management with no vision and no direction."

From the situation of things, it could be deduced that the major problem militating against effective power generation in the country can be traced to lack of adequate infrastructural facilities to transport gas to existing power stations including the new ones which depend solely on gas.

In a move to tackle this problem, the Federal Government through the Chief Economic Adviser to the President, Tanimu Yakubu, had estimated that Nigeria would need about N117 billion to establish three central processing facilities for gas production in the country. The facilities to be located in the Niger Delta, are to process upstream gas, extract liquefied petroleum gas and transmit dry gas to the domestic market.

The facilities, when constructed, according to Yakubu, would ensure efficient delivery of natural gas to the entire domestic market for power generation and industrial development. He lamented that the power sector was left for 10 years without any funding, which led to the dilapidated state of its distribution networks. He attributed the shortage of gas to lack of integrated planning between gas production and electricity generation.

The public sector funding and private sector investment was projected to achieve 6,000, 10,000 and 16,000 mega watts by 2008, 2009 and 2010 respectively. Other key targets and goals to be achieved in the short-term plan as being projected by the government, include reduction of technical and commercial losses estimated at between 40 per cent and 50 per cent of electricity generated.

Raging controversies over the approval of money and delayed implementation of the power plant projects have left every patriotic Nigerian in a confused state.

Nigeria has about 6,000 megawatts (MW) power generation installed capacity but currently down to about 3,000MW compared to 25,000 MW needed in the country. Despite Nigeria's huge power generation and

consumption profile, poor maintenance culture brought the national grid to near total collapse, basically the problem of power supply was not limited to the generation side as transmission and distribution arm of the power sector also had a very rough and fragile status.

To effectively unearth the alleged anomalies that characterised the award of the many power projects during the Obasanjo's administration, the National Assembly, specifically the House of Representatives had set up a special committee to investigate the shoddy deals with a view to bringing erring parties to book.

The committee, under the leadership of Ndudi Elumelu, had invited all parties involved in the alleged mismanagement of funds under the guise of project execution to a public hearing to say their side of the story.

Besides, the committee had also conducted a tour of the various sites of the projects in the country. During the public hearing and the subsequent tour, Nigerians were shocked at the many anomalies that heralded the award and execution of the power projects.

From cases of unaccounted funds, unqualified companies, to lack of due process in the award of the projects and bare project sites among others, Nigerians are disturbed by the misfortune that has bedevilled the power sector.

The Reps' inquest into the failure of the sector brought many dignitaries in the past administration before public glare as they were made to appear before the committee to explain their roles in the award of the various phoney projects.

Dignitaries such as former Minister of Power and Steel, now Governor of Cross River State, Mr. Liyel Imoke, former Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, among others appeared before the committee, while former President Olusegun Obasanjo and his deputy, Atiku Abubakar, shunned appearing before the committee with Obasanjo claiming indisposition as an excuse for his failure to appear.

Instead of physical appearance, Obasanjo, who claimed to be "slightly ill," rather made available to the press a statement explaining his role in the power projects' approval.

Obasanjo's explanation of the state of power situation under him was logical and prima facie, but was not clear if it will stand the test of time when confronted with other facts available to the probing committee. Yet his explanation was also full of socio-cultural and political sermons which he, Obasanjo, failed to live by and a deliberate distortion of facts in order to avoid acknowledging his political adversaries.

Obasanjo claimed in his statement that in a period of 18 years (i.e. between 1981 and 1999) since Jebba, Shiroro hydro plants and Egbin Thermal station were completed under President Shehu Shagari, there had been any serious investment in the sector despite astronomical increase in electricity consumption.

He said on assumption of office in 1999, his administration failed to grasp the full nature of the power crisis hence they underestimated the needed solution for the first four years and when they finally got grasp of the full problem, they discovered that it was not a quick-fix thing, as the investment required was so huge that each new power plant would require a minimum of three years to complete.

Besides, Obasanjo submitted that all the money spent so far could only complete the projects half-way, urging the Yar'Adua's government to pay the balance to get the projects completed.

The most disturbing part of the statement was when the former President insisted that "without paying this balance, the nation cannot enjoy the benefits, hence continued nationwide blackout."

The existing IPPs were expected to contribute 750MW by 2007 while on-going projects to account for 1,462MW by 2007 and 4,544MW by 2010.

A new vision for the power sector in Nigeria was envisaged to include about 15,000 kilometres of new transmission lines, this development however, prompted government in 2002 to award contracts totalling $1billion for three gas-fired plants at Omotosho in Ondo State, Papalanto and Geregu in Kogi State. Four of the power stations commissioned at the tail of Obasanjo's administration were to contribute 1,588MW to the national grid. The power stations located in Geregu, Kogi State (414MW), Omotosho Thermal plant in Ondo State (335MW), Papalanto in Ogun State (335MW) and Alaoji in Aba, Abia State (505MW) were to provide the figures written against their names.

Obasanjo also initiated about seven power stations to run on gas otherwise known as Integrated Power Projects located in various communities of the Niger Delta. They include the Rivers State power plant (100MW), Gbaran/Ubie plant in Delta State (250MW), Sapele power station, Delta State (1,020MW ), Ikot Abasi thermal plant in Akwa Ibom state (300MW), Eyaen thermal power station in Edo state (500MW), Egbema thermal station in Imo state (350MW), Calabar thermal power in Cross River (500MW).

Others are on-going Niger Delta integrated projects to contribute 1,315MW by 2007 and 2,624MW by 2010. Proposed Joint Venture IPPs to contribute 876MW by 2007 and 2,790MW by 2010.Other IPPs would

contribute 510MW to the national grid by 2007 and 1,365MW by 2010.

In a swift reaction to the state of the sector, Nigerians have called on President Yar'Adua to commence construction work on the projects, while investigations go on. This was based on the promise of the President that he wasgoing to declare emergency in the sector to facilitate its development.

Examining the past one year of the current administration, stakeholders who could not hold their breath, have scored the President low, expressing fears that the Federal Government may fail to achieve its Vision 2020 without a viable power supply to boost industrialisation.

President General of the Trade Union Congress (TUC), Mr. Peter Esele said: "Now, we will say Yar'Adua is one year old fine. But I am looking at it from a composite perspective. That we have been under PDP government for nine years. And nine years are enough to at least address some of these problems like power. Nine years are enough for government to ensure that we have adequate supply of power. Talking about the real sector, I will say how can the real sector improve or grow when there is no power. So, if you ask me, I will say the real sector is going into extinction. It is surviving. And those that are still in operations live on generator.

"And when you notice what is going on now, getting power for an hour or two is grossly insufficient, as some of them virtually run their generators for 24 hours in a day.

"We pay our taxes, and we expect government to provide all these infrastructure because that is what we have government for. For government to pool resources together and then solve the problem that will serve as a catalyst for the development of the society and the country.

"You and I will agree that infrastructurally, we are not there. And that is why sometimes I laugh when we talk about this Vision 2020. Because if you talk about 2020, you are looking at the 20th biggest economy in the world which is a great feat to be achieved.

"Now, the government says it will create 10 million jobs in 2011, and we are in 2008, that means we have three more years, which means on the average, government wants to create 3.3 or 3.5 million jobs in a year. If the President can do that, we all will be very happy. But if you ask me what is on ground towards achieving that, I am scared and worried. Because there is really nothing on ground for that to be achieved," Esele said.

Meanwhile, the World Bank has attributed the high cost of investment in Nigeria to electricity crisis. Mr. Steven Dimitriyev, the bank's Senior Private Sector specialist, said Nigerian enterprises still face hostile environment characterised by high indirect cost, which depresses value added.

"Electricity crisis is the most important infrastructural bottleneck in Nigeria today. It is the main driver of Nigeria's high indirect cost. Unreliability of electricity costs an average 10 percent of sales yearly to a typical Nigerian firm. All types of firms experience power outages and 85 per cent of them own generators, this is higher than any of Nigeria's competitor countries," Dimitriyev said.

Tools
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nigeria14: 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2008
deor03 , mambilla is a bad idea financially. taraba state and adamawa , need less than 3000MW of power. An president is more interested in keep power on in most of nigeria. Look even with what they have now. Taraba and adamawa still is better in supply of power in Nigeria. I use to live there, so I know. Electricity is not as bad as other part of Nigeria. because the population is low.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by littleb(m): 7:04pm On Jun 22, 2008
It is better they go on strike. When they ve not strike, what are enjoining from PHCN. This would not make any difference. They should start now. For over three months I can counts hours we ve spent with electricity from them. Very very funny.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by ziz(f): 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2008
ONLY FOR NAIJA, Now is that supposed to make us freak out or anything. They can as well do as they please with the electricity considering the difference will be barely noticeable. shocked
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by javaprince(m): 11:07pm On Jun 22, 2008
@topic

PHCN GO STRIKE - NO PROBLEM HAS LONG HAS THEY LEAVE THE LIGHTS ON.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Jairzinho(m): 12:57am On Jun 23, 2008
thank you fellow nairalanders for joing me in laughing at this pathetic org!  grin grin grin

Nigeria 1 & co, i appreciate your positive approach,but you'll agree with me that NEPA's(i prefer to call them that) prob is multi-dimensional & multifaceted.

tHEY ARE IN DIRE need of not only increase in generation capacity but also spiritual cleansing and manpower development.

all these in addition to getting rid of the REAL problems- THE SENIOR OFFICIALS OF THE POWER MINISTRY !!!
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nigeria14: 2:40am On Jun 23, 2008
Only in Nigeria would you have a bus conductor become the minister of energy. If a non medical person is never appointed into the health ministry,  Why would they do that for power ministry. I forget it is not nigeria. Nothing is based on merit but man know man. That most stop.

Look,  I still believe president yar adua need to go back to the 7 power station they want to build in the south south. If he fail to do I know that MEND would blow all the pipeline. they feel cheated. The word of GOD SAYS DO UNTO OTHERS WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO DO UNTO YOU. They can not continue to tell us how they put billion of naira on building road in the north and expect people in the south not to close down the pipe. How can they take all the ministry Finance North, energy  North, NNPC north,  defence North, FCT North, Health North . You now give all the yeye or mumu ministries , you now hand it over to southerner.

Look we have to face the truth, if this does not change, President Yar Adua would be in serious trouble. Is govt look too  northern Niger benue. Nigeria constitute other people, and you can not keep everything to yourself and expect other to let you be. I live in the south and as a child in the south, we all wait for that day some young bold young army office would break up Nigeria. And I would tell you. even till today. 90% of people for the south niger benue want Nigeria to be divided into two. What I am trying to pass on is for our people who have this mentality, you now come with a govt who appoint only northerner into good position. You know it is just a matter of time. That they would break Nigeria into 2 , expect this change is made,  and I believe it is time to have the national conference now.   It is time to discuss were our future would be. The idea, to send the military to the south south is a stupid idea and all it would bring is more militia group. This is why I have always said president Yar Adua should get rid of his advisers.   We all know not only the ijaw people have guns , Mosop and Opc , have one too.

So will we continue to live in fear. The word of God says their is no fear in love. We can not continue because of fear of break up to run away from discussing the future because we have fear. We can become a great country if we have a plan . and the national conference would give us this.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by conda00410(m): 9:00am On Jun 23, 2008
they have always been on strike anyway,
it makes no difference at all.
same same
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by babakuns: 4:46pm On Jun 23, 2008
just as yoruba adage that sys :if big sufferness hit and conquer somebody the small small suffers that cannot even dare somebody will have audancity to climb and terrorising their victim: this is a case of phcn workers that says they are going on strike
what is their works when they think they are working
let them go on strike and let govt use their money they share every month be used to buy generators for all the institutions in Nigeria
they are just collecting money they are not working for
let them go and look for another job they can do successfully as for phch they have failled woefully
YARADUA should go a head and declear state of emmergency on them let expert either foreign or not take over
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by oge4real(f): 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2008
PHCN on strike?Praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaise the Lord! It shall be permanent in Jesus'Name.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Nella(f): 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2008
Lmao!!! this people r more than funny! -- wht would be the difference?? I know naija, lol,
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by kasim(m): 11:42pm On Jun 23, 2008
My people if you don't feel the impact of PHCN Power Supply, Abuja is beautiful in the night, Niger Rep. Economy is bummy all courtesy of PHCN Nigeria. My people decliration of state of emmergency with people that are still being questioned by Elumelu probe panel CHAMPIONING state of emmergency committee. Where is the sincererity?
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by unit(f): 10:30am On Jun 24, 2008
We are all forgetting that like our refineries the big shots in naija wont let the power sector work,how will they import generators if the power sector works or how else will the Otedolas sell their diesel if PHCN ensures power always.Its a vicious circle that will take more than the strike of PHCN to break,maybe this is their way of saying enough to the government.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by magica: 11:36am On Jun 24, 2008
ha ha ha! who cares they hav always been on strike all these while. the bad thing is that there will be too much noise from generators
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by Beline(f): 11:46am On Jun 24, 2008
strike!!! methought them dey strike for many years now? Abeg those shameless people should find a place and hide their shameless beings instead of making noises.

By the way I don't really understand how the state of emergency thing is going to work oh, does it mean we will have light throughout the period or vice versa? someone should please educate me here.
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by abdurrazaq(m): 12:56pm On Jun 24, 2008
@Beline
The question is, do you have the light now? The man with this idea of emergency is as confused as you. sad
Re: PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! by eminemkayc: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2008
grin grin grin ha ha he he ho he ha, ITS CRAZY AND COMPLETELY PERILIOUS AT THE SAME TIME TO IMAGINE NEPA GOING ON STRIKE, FOR GOODNESS SAKE, ITS LIKE THEY ARE ALREADY ON STRIKE NOW CAUSE IV NOT SEEN POWER FOR WEEKS, SO WHAT IS THE USE? INFACT WE ARE ALREADY PLANNING TO LYNCH ANY OF THE OFFICIALS WE SEE COMING AROUND OUR VICINITY TO READ OUR METER, MY NEXT LINE OF ACTION IT TO AMBUSH THEIR VEHICLE WITH MY REVOLVER AND SHOOOT ANY ONE I SEE IN THE CAR, HA HA HA grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Demands Release Of Acn Candidate In Akwa Ibom / We Must Keep ACN Out Of The South-South And South-East / DG SSS: Days Of Boko-Haram Over Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.