Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? (4325 Views)

Imam Ali's (A.S.) Translation Of The Holy Qur'an. / 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an / Baby Born With The Holy Qur'an In A White Garment Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by dareabiola98(m): 1:42am On Sep 16, 2013
THE EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE AND THE BIG BANG. At a time when the science of Astronomy was still primitive, the expansion of the universe was described in Quran:

“And it is We who have built the Universe with [Our creative] power and keep expanding it.” (Quran 51:47)

The fact that the universe is expanding was discovered in the last century.  The physicist Stephen Hawking in his book ‘A Brief History of Time’ writes, “The discovery that the universe is expanding was one of the great intellectual revolutions of the 20th century.”.

The Quran mentioned the expansion of the universe even before the invention of the telescope!

1 Like

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by dareabiola98(m): 1:43am On Sep 16, 2013
SUN'S ORBIT. In 1512 the astronomer Nicholas Copernicus put forward his theory that the Sun is motionless at the centre of the solar system, and that the planets revolve around it.  The belief that the Sun is stationary was widespread amongst astronomers until the 20th century.  It is now a well-established scientific fact that the Sun is not stationary, but is moving in an orbit around the centre of our Milky Way galaxy[7].

The Quran mentions the orbit of the Sun:

“It is He who created night and day, the Sun and the Moon, each floating in its orbit.” (Quran 21:33)

The Quran would have been wrong according to astronomers just a couple of decades ago.  But we now know that the Quranic account of the Sun’s motion is consistent with modern Astronomy.

2 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by dareabiola98(m): 1:47am On Sep 16, 2013
PAIN RECEPTORS. For a long time it was thought that the sense of feeling and pain was dependent on the brain.  However it has been discovered that there are pain receptors present in the skin[14].  Without these pain receptors, a person would not be able to feel pain.

Consider the following verse on pain:

“We shall send those who reject Our revelations to the (Hell) Fire.  When their skins have been burned away, We shall replace them with new ones so that they may continue to feel the pain: God is Almighty, All-Wise.” (Quran 4:56)

God tells the people who reject his message that when they are in Hell and their skins are burnt off (so they can’t feel any pain), he will give them new skins so that they continue to feel the pain.

The Quran makes it clear that pain is dependent upon on the skin.  The discovery of pain receptors in the skin is a fairly recent discovery for Biology. A man(atheist) came with the claim,"I don't believe in religions because the concept of hell does not reveal to him,he said after a burn.I wouldn't feel any more pain.....this verse was shown to him and Inshaallah He accepted Islam.

1 Like

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by dareabiola98(m): 1:50am On Sep 16, 2013
IRON. Iron is not natural to the earth.  It did not form on the earth but came down to earth from outer space.  This may sound strange but it’s true.  Scientists have found that billions of years ago the earth was stuck by meteorites.  These meteorites were carrying Iron from distant stars which had exploded[4].

The Quran says the following on the origin of Iron:

“We sent down Iron with its great inherent strength and its many benefits for humankind.” (Quran 57:25)

God uses the words ‘sent down’ for Iron.  It is clear from the verse that Iron is not an earthly material, but was sent down for the benefit of humanity.  The fact that Iron came down to earth from outer space is something which could not be known by the primitive science of the 7th century

1 Like

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by dareabiola98(m): 1:52am On Sep 16, 2013
LYING AND MOVEMENT.
8.  Lying and Movement

There was a cruel oppressive tribal leader named Abu Jahl who lived during the time of Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him.  God revealed a verse of the Quran to warn him:

“No Indeed! If he does not stop, We will seize him by the forehead, his lying, sinful forehead.” (Quran 96:15-16)

God does not call this person a liar, but calls his forehead (the front part of the brain) ‘lying’ and ‘sinful’, and warns him to stop.

This verse is significant for two reasons.  The first is that the front part of our brain is responsible for voluntary movement[10].This is known as the frontal lobe.  A book titled ‘Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology’ which includes the results of research on the functions of this area states: The motivation and the foresight to plan and initiate movements occur in the anterior portion of the frontal lobes, the prefrontal area[11].  The part of the brain that is responsible for movement is said to be seized if the man does not stop.

Secondly, numerous studies have shown that this same region (frontal lobe) is responsible for the lying function of the brain[12].  One such study at the University of Pennsylvania in which volunteers were asked questions during a computerized interrogation, it was found that when the volunteers were lying there was significantly increased activity in the prefrontal and premotor cortices (frontal lobe region)

2 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by harmeenart(f): 5:03am On Sep 16, 2013
May Allah reward evryone who took time explaining things to the op.May Allah grant u beneficial knowledge n steadfastness.
@op:Drop all prejudice and open your heart to truth.If u r sincere,InshaAllah u'ld b on the right track soon.May Allah guide us to the straight path. Ameen

1 Like

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 6:09am On Sep 16, 2013
dareabiola98, I appreciate your effort along with the other Muslims that contributed so far, unlike your Christian counterparts, you at least showed up!

Anyways, my original questions remained unanswered, thanks.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by ShehuAba(m): 8:47am On Sep 16, 2013
@ray mc blue.
Well most of my fellow muslim brothers have answered you very well.
But the only advice i will give you is this: If you seek the truth and wish to know the truth. Open up your mind, don't be dogmatic, don't be conclusive, read the Qur'an yourself(translated), don't depend on all these anti islamic sites.
If we don't convince you much, there are many good islamic sites where all these your questions and more has been answered perfectly.
My prayer for you is: May Allah guide you aright. Amin

4 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by khattab02: 11:01am On Sep 16, 2013
Allahu akbar!!! Jazakallahu khairan to you all. I know we will refute the alleged contradiction of the Qur'an Alhamdulillah!
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by dareabiola98(m): 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
Mac Blue is a very good friend of mine and I really like the way He thinks...He's following what reveal to him straights...He claims Science sees All but obviously Qur'an had seen all before science....I like the way he always buttress his claims but on this end he couldn't and no one could ever find 1 statement in the qur'an that contradicts itself....Lemme define CONTRADICTION: contradiction cannot come in a statement (e.g I was speaking with a friend and I keep on talking,and making different claims...I bought a bread,I bought an egg,I did this and that...there isn't any contradiction in my talk until I later quote that I didn't buy bread @ all,if I said I later saw a bakery and I didn't buy bread,its no contradiction either,Now its for u to ask,was it that,u didn't buy bread @ that particular bakery or u didn't buy @ all...if I said I didn't buy @ all,then I had contradicted my claim of buying a bread....The Qur'an is so mighty....what I had pasted above was just little of the scientific miracle of the qur'an...there are 6000+ verses in the qur'an,1000+ talked about science at least that which this generation can comprehend,when generations after us arise,they'll still find stunning scientific fact in the qur'an....I'll tell u about [b]Mac Blue is a very good friend of mine and I really like the way He thinks...He's following what reveal to him straights...He claims Science sees All but obviously Qur'an had seen all before science....I like the way he always buttress his claims but on this end he couldn't and no one could ever find 1 statement in the qur'an that contradicts itself....Lemme define CONTRADICTION: contradiction cannot come in a statement (e.g I was speaking with a friend and I keep on talking,and making different claims...I bought a bread,I bought an egg,I did this and that...there isn't any contradiction in my talk until I later quote that I didn't buy bread @ all,if I said I later saw a bakery and I didn't buy bread,its no contradiction either,Now its for u to ask,was it that,u didn't buy bread @ that particular bakery or u didn't buy @ all...if I said I didn't buy @ all,then I had contradicted my claim of buying a bread....The Qur'an is so mighty....what I had pasted above was just little of the scientific miracle of the qur'an...there are 6000+ verses in the qur'an,1000+ talked about science at least that which this generation can comprehend,when generations after us arise,they'll still find stunning scientific fact in the qur'an....I'll tell u about [/b]Mac Blue is a very good friend of mine and I really like the way He thinks...He's following what reveal to him straights...He claims Science sees All but obviously Qur'an had seen all before science....I like the way he always buttress his claims but on this end he couldn't and no one could ever find 1 statement in the qur'an that contradicts itself....Lemme define CONTRADICTION: contradiction cannot come in a statement (e.g I was speaking with a friend and I keep on talking,and making different claims...I bought a bread,I bought an egg,I did this and that...there isn't any contradiction in my talk until I later quote that I didn't buy bread @ all,if I said I later saw a bakery and I didn't buy bread,its no contradiction either,Now its for u to ask,was it that,u didn't buy bread @ that particular bakery or u didn't buy @ all...if I said I didn't buy @ all,then I had contradicted my claim of buying a bread....The Qur'an is so mighty....what I had pasted above was just little of the scientific miracle of the qur'an...there are 6000+ verses in the qur'an,1000+ talked about science at least that which this generation can comprehend,when generations after us arise,they'll still find stunning scientific fact in the qur'an....I'll tell u about MATHEMATICS IN THE QUR'AN

2 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by dareabiola98(m): 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
Mac Blue is a very good friend of mine and I really like the way He thinks...He's following what reveal to him straights...He claims Science sees All but obviously Qur'an had seen all before science....I like the way he always buttress his claims but on this end he couldn't and no one could ever find 1 statement in the qur'an that contradicts itself....Lemme define CONTRADICTION: contradiction cannot come in a statement (e.g I was speaking with a friend and I keep on talking,and making different claims...I bought a bread,I bought an egg,I did this and that...there isn't any contradiction in my talk until I later quote that I didn't buy bread @ all,if I said I later saw a bakery and I didn't buy bread,its no contradiction either,Now its for u to ask,was it that,u didn't buy bread @ that particular bakery or u didn't buy @ all...if I said I didn't buy @ all,then I had contradicted my claim of buying a bread....The Qur'an is so mighty....what I had pasted above was just little of the scientific miracle of the qur'an...there are 6000+ verses in the qur'an,1000+ talked about science at least that which this generation can comprehend,when generations after us arise,they'll still find stunning scientific fact in the qur'an....I'll tell u about [b]Mac Blue is a very good friend of mine and I really like the way He thinks...He's following what reveal to him straights...He claims Science sees All but obviously Qur'an had seen all before science....I like the way he always buttress his claims but on this end he couldn't and no one could ever find 1 statement in the qur'an that contradicts itself....Lemme define CONTRADICTION: contradiction cannot come in a statement (e.g I was speaking with a friend and I keep on talking,and making different claims...I bought a bread,I bought an egg,I did this and that...there isn't any contradiction in my talk until I later quote that I didn't buy bread @ all,if I said I later saw a bakery and I didn't buy bread,its no contradiction either,Now its for u to ask,was it that,u didn't buy bread @ that particular bakery or u didn't buy @ all...if I said I didn't buy @ all,then I had contradicted my claim of buying a bread....The Qur'an is so mighty....what I had pasted above was just little of the scientific miracle of the qur'an...there are 6000+ verses in the qur'an,1000+ talked about science at least that which this generation can comprehend,when generations after us arise,they'll still find stunning scientific fact in the qur'an....I'll tell u about [/b]Mac Blue is a very good friend of mine and I really like the way He thinks...He's following what reveal to him straights...He claims Science sees All but obviously Qur'an had seen all before science....I like the way he always buttress his claims but on this end he couldn't and no one could ever find 1 statement in the qur'an that contradicts itself....Lemme define CONTRADICTION: contradiction cannot come in a statement (e.g I was speaking with a friend and I keep on talking,and making different claims...I bought a bread,I bought an egg,I did this and that...there isn't any contradiction in my talk until I later quote that I didn't buy bread @ all,if I said I later saw a bakery and I didn't buy bread,its no contradiction either,Now its for u to ask,was it that,u didn't buy bread @ that particular bakery or u didn't buy @ all...if I said I didn't buy @ all,then I had contradicted my claim of buying a bread....The Qur'an is so mighty....what I had pasted above was just little of the scientific miracle of the qur'an...there are 6000+ verses in the qur'an,1000+ talked about science at least that which this generation can comprehend,when generations after us arise,they'll still find stunning scientific fact in the qur'an....I'll tell u about MATHEMATICS IN THE QUR'AN
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by khattab02: 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
Regarding the Name 'Zulqarnain' some will say it refers to Alexander and they will start laughing and saying that Islam wants to claim relationship with him because he is a great man. Ask them how do you know it is Alexander? No answer, few that know will say Yusuf Ali's commentary of the Qur'an. Regarding the Name 'Zulqarnain' some will say it refers to Alexander and they will start laughing and saying that Islam wants to claim relationship with him because he is a great man. Ask them how do you it is Alexander? No answer, few that know will say Yusuf Ali's commentary of the Qur'an. Regarding the Name 'Zulqarnain' some will say it refers to Alexander and they will start laughing and saying that Islam wants to claim relationship with him because he is a great man. Ask them how do you it is Alexander? No answer, few that know will say Yusuf Ali's commentary of the Qur'an. Point to be noted, No where does the Qur'an says ' Alexander' it says Zulqarnain not Alexander. If some commentator has made a mistake, it is a mistake in the commentary. The men has made the mistake, not the word of God.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by dareabiola98(m): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
Before I do that I want to ask my friend mac blue a question....He knows there should be moral as I have read in his previous threads but religion shouldn't be a way to enforce morality on people...I loved that quote...but when if science claims that all creation happened by chance and nobody fashioned it,it discredits science but not religion...Last year...a whole bunch of animals were discovered(fishes and birds) and the americans started giving them names....At this point I thought WALLAHI,there's a creator,there are thousands of animal science has not even seen,yet they are around us. Science claims animals do not have intellect...my brother go and search the youtube channel of harunyahya and u'll be amazed...A grasshoper doesn't know this is green or black,yet it never hides somewhere else its green,I know u were tought color before u knew them,who tought the grasshoper...the 1 that stroke me the most was that of a butterfly,over 26 specie of butterfly that are preyed upon by birds which an owl can also prey upon have the EXACT diagram of the OWL on their wings(exact)...Now,when a bird that can harm them approaches,they spread out the wings and hide in their shadows,if an human saw this,he'll think it was an owl(I swear:its not allowed to swear in islam except it has reached a point when no one believes you)...this phonemenon was so amazing that I wept...Macblue, there's a lot I want to tell u but I wish the much intellect God gave you,you can use in research rather than criticism.The Only way of Life is ISLAM....All prophets were Muslims(Someone who submits and does the will of God)....including Jesus,he said "think not that I have come to do my own will,but the will of the father" The only problem is argument....Argument of Opinion is one of the argument I don't like at all,because we can keep on shouting and it'll just be a waste.but argument of fact is so sweet,Let's say...who won the Fifa balon d'or last year,that's a fact which people know but if u asked,who is the best of ronaldo n messi...then that's a problem.Let us all come to common terms,If u want to lead a good life..no drinking,no smoking,no womanizing,no this and that which I think u want to...that's the best way of life,u see all this morality,no other can teach it except He that had created us,and he had made it into our hearts that u'd know when u are doing a wrong thing....Now let's see where the problem emanates,most people that left islam is because of nothing but laziness....The act of worship does not add/reduce of the greatness of our creator but these act actually calms the soul and make you aware of ur deeds...And there's no religion that worships 2day except Islam...singing or dancing isn't worship...that's an act of the club,it shouldn't be incoporated as an act of worship...but what greater serenity is there than to stand before your lord(calm and simple),no shout...just try it every morning and I assure you,yo will find peace in ur soul.every act of worship apart from having a blessing for it,also helps the individual in this world.....there are so many but I'll pick 1/2....1. The act rinsing thoroughly the private part after urinating,it doesn't only teach cleanliness but it also teaches patience and so many things,I'll mention those 2 though...my friends will say,u guys!!! Why do u disturb urself waiting till the last drop of urine runs it course and u rinse....I say,If u can wait for a drop of urine,to make sur it wouldn't drop in ur pants,U CAN WAIT for anything in this life. 2. Special bath after sexual intercourse....this bath is so good that it is forbidden for an unmarried fellow unless,he had a wet dream...the process srikes the heart and so much more..but time isn't on my side......the most amazing of it all though,is the salat which abraham,jesus,moses,aaron, performed in the bible and qur'an....maybe we'll talk about that later.....My question now is::::::: If u came to this world with a man by your side,the two of u looked @ each other and u said woow,how did we get here,as you went futher(both of u)....u saw 2 men and 1 said....u just came here by chance/from a skull that had not been there before and the other said there's a mighty creator in the heaven and he created u both,he enjoins u to do good,and stay away from evil for ur own good and if u do this,he shall grant u a place better than this world but if u do not he shall give u a torment that had neva beffalen any1 b4 u.....Now I ask....u know so well that u'll die and God has established his sighs for u to see but u do not yield them,but let's think like a layman/wise man...R u ready to take that chance of everlasting torment? OR would u rather do good and believe in God?

3 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by dareabiola98(m): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ray McBlue:

I never disputed that.

Okay.

Okay.

I appreciate your lesson in astronomy, but that still doesn't explain the scientifically incorrect 'floatin' of the Sun implied by Quran 36: 40

Of course every celestial body floats...Even the earth flows in its orbit or do you see a pillar holding it...this is not a contradiction but a scientific miracle that couldn't have been know without rockets....Every celestial body floats...u should read articles on the GALAXIES

1 Like

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by dareabiola98(m): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
If that was the question you meant.....I hope I have done justice to it,if it isn't,u can pose the question again.Thanks
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by khattab02: 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
Jazakallahu khairan dareabiola98. Excellent job well do. May Allah subhanawataala increase u in eeman and knowledge Ameeeeen!! Was touched and moved by your last three post.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by dareabiola98(m): 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2013
SEX DETERMINATION IN THE QUR'AN I'll Still do Justice on Mathematics in the Qur'an but let me show u 1 which applies to most of us. Over the year people thought that the woman's ovum was responsible for sex determination(male/female)...its still even rampant in our community lately...IF a woman kept giving birth to a girl,he'd be told to marry another wife to change the thread...BUT ACCORDING TO SCIENCE, This fertilization is done by the male sperm (the spermatozoon) and it determines the sex of the foetus.....WELL GUESS WHAT,the qur'an had stated this when no one knew.Several ayat (verses) of the Qur'an emphasize the concept that mankind was fashioned as a pair of male and female from a small quantity of sperm. This precise understanding is given in the following text: " Allah created you from dust, then from a sperm drop, then He made you in pairs (11)" {Surah Fatir (The Originator Of Creation). " Allah fashioned the two of a pair, the male and female, from a small quantity (of sperm) poured out (46)" {Surah Al-Najm (The Star), LIII}. " Was mankind not a small quantity of sperm poured out, then became something that clings, and was then fashioned in proportion, and made of it the male and female (39)" {Surah Al-Qiyamah (The Resurrection),
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by dareabiola98(m): 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
khattab02: Jazakallahu khairan dareabiola98. Excellent job well do. May Allah subhanawataala increase u in eeman and knowledge Ameeeeen!! Was touched and moved by your last three post.
Barakallahu fihi,brother khattab....I also thank you for ur nice words...I pray that both of us and the whole of the Muslim ummah shall not thread the part of evil but good...Rabbi zidni ilma to u also.Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by dareabiola98(m): 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
FINGERPRINTING IN THE QUR'AN This verse is a verse I so much love and God directed it to those that doubts.
ALLAH(SWT) Says:

3.Does man (a disbeliever) think that We shall not assemble his bones?

4. Yes, We are Able to put together in perfect order the tips of his fingers.

5. Nay! (Man denies Resurrection and Reckoning. So) he desires to continue committing sins.

6. He asks: "When will be this Day of Resurrection?"

7. So, when the sight shall be dazed,

8. And the moon will be eclipsed,

The verse I want to point out though is the 4th,Yet I want you to reflect on the other verses...look at the question a disbeliever asks "he says,how am I gonna be put together after I had already rot in the grave....God answered this question in multiple verses in the qur'an "Did we not create you from when you were nothing".....Allahu Akbar.....look @ that sperm that had no brain,yet,it moves in a direction and runs to the egg...that sperm which had no legs stands today as a completely grown man with the complete systems...What greater inspiration can draw tears from ur eyes but the Qur'an.....Now let's go to the fingerprinting.

Scientist just knew that as much as we are in this world,NO two finger tips are ALIKE...we can also see that NO Eye looks the same as another eye but Allah didn't use the obvious,he used the fingertips which would be an ayat(sign) for the generation he'd give the knowledge of it.Yet we do not Ponder. Allah says again

4.Yes, We are Able to put together in perfect order the tips of his fingers.

2 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by khattab02: 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
dareabiola98: Barakallahu fihi,brother khattab....I also thank you for ur nice words...I pray that both of us and the whole of the Muslim ummah shall not thread the part of evil but good...Rabbi zidni ilma to u also.Have a nice day
ameeeeeen! Thumma ameeeeeen!
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by UyiIredia(m): 7:04am On Sep 18, 2013
dareabiola98: SUN'S ORBIT. In 1512 the astronomer Nicholas Copernicus put forward his theory that the Sun is motionless at the centre of the solar system, and that the planets revolve around it.  The belief that the Sun is stationary was widespread amongst astronomers until the 20th century.  It is now a well-established scientific fact that the Sun is not stationary, but is moving in an orbit around the centre of our Milky Way galaxy[7].

The Quran mentions the orbit of the Sun:

“It is He who created night and day, the Sun and the Moon, each floating in its orbit.” (Quran 21:33)

The Quran would have been wrong according to astronomers just a couple of decades ago.  But we now know that the Quranic account of the Sun’s motion is consistent with modern Astronomy.

In fact there are 3 courses the Sun takes. The apparent course in sunrise and sunset. It's rotation about its axis and its rotation as part of the Milky Way galaxy within our universe. Mr McBlue needs to think better b4 coming up with contradictions.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by truthman2012(m): 3:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
@ OP

Give me a link to your alleged bible contradictions. I have been away on NL for a few weeks.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
truthman2012: @ OP

Give me a link to your alleged bible contradictions. I have been away on NL for a few weeks.

http://nairaland.com/1435868/bible-babble-contradictions-holy-bible
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by truthman2012(m): 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
@op

While I work on your post even though I have not gone through it yet, may I quickly add this ti your list of quran contradictions to get it answered along yours

[b]Noah and his household, saved or not saved?[/b]

YES

[Quran 21:76] And Noah, when he cried of old, We heard his prayer and saved[b] him and his household[/b] from the great affliction.

[Quran 37:75] And Noah verily prayed unto Us, and gracious was the Hearer of his prayer

[Quran 37:76] And We saved him and his household [/b]from the great distress,

[Quran 37:77] And made his seed the survivors,

[b]NO, HIS SON DROWNED

[Quran 11:42] And it sailed with them amid waves like mountains, and Noah cried unto his son - and he was standing aloof - O my son! Come ride with us, and be not with the disbelievers.

[Quran 11:43] He said: I shall betake me to some mountain that will save me from the water. (Noah) said: This day there is none that saveth from the commandment of Allah save him on whom He hath had mercy. And the wave came in between them, so he was among the drowned.

Noah and his househouse hold, saved or not saved?
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by lanrexlan(m): 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
truthman2012: @op

While I work on your post even though I have not gone through it yet, may I quickly add this ti your list of quran contradictions to get it answered along yours

YES

[Quran 21:76] And Noah, when he cried of old, We heard his prayer and saved[b] him and his household[/b] from the great affliction.

[Quran 37:75] And Noah verily prayed unto Us, and gracious was the Hearer of his prayer

[b]NO, HIS SON DROWNED

[Quran 11:42] And it sailed with them amid waves like mountains, and Noah cried unto his son - and he was standing aloof - O my son! Come ride with us, and be not with the disbelievers.

[Quran 11:43] He said: I shall betake me to some mountain that will save me from the water. (Noah) said: This day there is none that saveth from the commandment of Allah save him on whom He hath had mercy. And the wave came in between them, so he was among the drowned.

His son is not of his family,when Allah says He and his household were saved,it means Nuh(Noah) and the believers.
When you quote verses,you knowingly in your dubious manner omitted the verses that follow.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Hud 11:45-47 -And Nuh (Noah) called upon his Lord and said,O my Lord! Verily,my son is of my family! And certainly,Your Promise is true, and You are the Most Just of the judges.
He said:"O Nuh (Noah)! Surely,he is not of your family;verily,his work is unrighteous,so ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge! I admonish you,lest you be one of the ignorants."
Nuh (Noah) said:O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have Mercy on me, I would indeed be one of the losers
Nuh(Noah)'s Family are the believers with righteous works,is that clear?.....Peace

4 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by truthman2012(m): 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ray McBlue:

http://nairaland.com/1435868/bible-babble-contradictions-holy-bible

1. Your questions are too many or rather too long for answers.

2. Misinterpretations of statements seem to be an issue in your allegations.

3. Even where you feel you are intellectually capable of faulting God or His words, the foolishness of God is better than the wisdom of men.

4. You cannot understand God enough otherwise you become God yourself.

One thing I know for certain is that I have seen God's words come true in people's lives. The blind seeing, the dead raised to life, the sick healed etc in the name of Jesus. Man's unbelief does not and cannot change God. Thank you.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by truthman2012(m): 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
lanrexlan: His son is not of his family,when Allah says He and his household were saved,it means Nuh(Noah) and the believers.
When you quote verses,you knowingly in your dubious manner omitted the verses that follow.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Hud 11:45-47 -And Nuh (Noah) called upon his Lord and said,O my Lord! Verily,my son is of my family! And certainly,Your Promise is true, and You are the Most Just of the judges.
He said:"O Nuh (Noah)! Surely,he is not of your family;verily,his work is unrighteous,so ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge! I admonish you,lest you be one of the ignorants."
Nuh (Noah) said:O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have Mercy on me, I would indeed be one of the losers
Nuh(Noah)'s Family are the believers with righteous works,is that clear?.....Peace

Lanrexlan, how na?

Why do you always talk of 'peace' when you mean 'war'?

You called me 'dubious' and next moment you said .....Peace. Which one na?
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by lanrexlan(m): 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
truthman2012:

Lanrexlan,how na?
I am fine,thanks.

Why do you always talk of 'peace' when you mean 'war'?

You called me 'dubious' and next moment you said .....Peace. Which one na?
I never meant war,I know you always quote half baked facts and ignored the main message,that's what I meant by 'dubious manner' of quoting verses from the Quran.I am not referring to you as dubious but rather your approach to the Quran......Peace
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by golpen(m): 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2013

YES

[b]NO, HIS SON DROWNED

Sir truthman2012... I'm thinking that you've resumed from the break I asked you to take with the grand kids grin

YES

[b]NO, HIS SON DROWNED

Sir truthman2012... I'm thinking that you've resumed from the break I asked you to take with the grand kids cheesy ... You are welcome anyway. Hope lanrexlan's answer is sufficient, so go and answer your own ray mcblue test and help your people instead of standing the risk of being called dubious by your approaches...
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by truthman2012(m): 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
golpen:

Sir truthman2012... I'm thinking that you've resumed from the break I asked you to take with the grand kids grin

Sir truthman2012... I'm thinking that you've resumed from the break I asked you to take with the grand kids cheesy ... You are welcome anyway. Hope lanrexlan's answer is sufficient, so go and answer your own ray mcblue test and help your people instead of standing the risk of being called dubious by your approaches...

golpen,

How are things. Quite some days.

Though lanrexlan has tried but there are still a lot of such that are indisputable but if posted, your almighty moderator will not allow it to stay. Or should I go ahead? Promise it will not be closed or deleted as usual.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by golpen(m): 6:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
truthman2012:

golpen,

How are things. Quite some days.

Though lanrexlan has tried but there are still a lot of such that are indisputable but if posted, your almighty moderator will not allow it to stay. Or should I go ahead? Promise it will not be closed or deleted as usual.

That is the problem I foresee we'll have with you. Why can't you simply agree that you got your answer from him on that. Instead, you say he TRIED.

Secondly, I have studied you to be a lazy reader (though long posts are mostly too boring, I admit) therefore, I perceive your research level is very slow. All your claims are from your anti-islam sites, which means you won't be able to defend your claims, hence you'll always disagree on every point given.

In view of these, I'm not sure we need any of your points here. I'm sorry, thanks.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by truthman2012(m): 7:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
golpen:

That is the problem I foresee we'll have with you. Why can't you simply agree that you got your answer from him on that. Instead, you say he TRIED.

Secondly, I have studied you to be a lazy reader (though long posts are mostly too boring, I admit) therefore, I perceive your research level is very slow. All your claims are from your anti-islam sites, which means you won't be able to defend your claims, hence you'll always disagree on every point given.

In view of these, I'm not sure we need any of your points here. I'm sorry, thanks.

Thank you for your remarks. One's adversary cannot kill a fat animal.

Running away from me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Do You Earn Your Living? / Who Has Seen The Prophet ? / Why Doesnt Allaah Answer Our Duaas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.