Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why? (8978 Views)

Nigeria Exports Religion, India Exports Cars / Nigeria Exports Religion, India Exports Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why? by djfiifi(m): 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2013
Wow Nigeria and Ghana have more than a lot in common.
We Ghanaians don't have enough water yet we give Cote D'ivore,Burkina Faso,Togo and Benin Republic water.
We don't have enough energy(electricity) yet we give Cote d'Ivoire,Togo and Benin electricity.
We use Tema harbour with Burkina Faso.
WHAT DO POLITICIANS USE ALL THESE GENERATED MONEY FOR?

Sorry friends,you are not in this alone.
Yours is much logical but ours is SENSELESS.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why? by thelastmediator: 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
# pick up my plier and rubber gloves# I neva use light , some people they follow me share the small one wey I dey manage. God punish devil.
Re: Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 16, 2013
cogitoErgo: o boy, Musiwa is surprisinly sane today! Or culd it be he is truely an "electricity enginneer"?
Musiwa baba were 1 of nairaland, always unstable. Are you sure this guy Musiwa1a is the real Engr Musiwa aka Becomerich that we all know?
Re: Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why? by Smooyis(m): 6:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
bethnals: We also supply Niger republic as well. Because if not they would build dam on niger river!
Ooooh, dats understood. But for Benin Republic? Anyway, i will check my map to see if river niger passes through Benin Rep.
Re: Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why? by Classicalman(m): 7:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
musiwa1a: because it was part of the deal to build the dam. which they have to maintain.

So just go through your history at PHCN. you will see it. And nigeria has to continue to supply them. there can not be change to that agreement. It is too late to change it.

Nigeria is not supplying benin 200WM, that is a lie...
Na wah o. So this guy is sane afterall. Ehen, which Dam are we talking of here? Kainji or Shiroro?
Re: Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why? by Classicalman(m): 7:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
topsyking: [b][/b]why are you guys surprise... have you forgotten benin was part of lagos colony before... so they are still our people and we have the right as omo oduduwa to help and support them..just as kano state govt donated millions of naira to flood victim in niger republic... we are one people even though we are divided by the british... go to badagry.. there are french speaking part.. they even taught in french in primary school...
.. i wish lagos state still remains a colony... i bet all you Igbo will be deny visa to enter lagos.. my lagos.. eko o ni baje o
If they check your origin now, im sure your grandfather was a sierrleonean freed slave who settled in Ijebuode after being dumped in Lagos by his former captors. Every rat nd cockroach now claims Lagos heritage. I don't blame you.
Re: Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why? by tucee31: 10:17pm On Sep 16, 2013
Good question. Go ask ur past and present leaders.
What haven't they supplied to other countries that we lack in ours?
Re: Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why? by godello: 6:58am On Sep 17, 2013
djfiifi: Wow Nigeria and Ghana have more than a lot in common.
We Ghanaians don't have enough water yet we give Cote D'ivore,Burkina Faso,Togo and Benin Republic water.
We don't have enough energy(electricity) yet we give Cote d'Ivoire,Togo and Benin electricity.
We use Tema harbour with Burkina Faso.
WHAT DO POLITICIANS USE ALL THESE GENERATED MONEY FOR?

Sorry friends,you are not in this alone.
Yours is much logical but ours is SENSELESS.
i thought, Ghana celebrated 10years of uninterupted power supply?
Re: Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why? by buJu234: 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
i think the problem is not the power generated but the the transmission and maintenance.

Kanji dam most time generate power to both Nigeria and other west African countries along the Niger river.

while most of those countries are less corrupt like Nigerians; they do have good transmission line and distribution line and they try their best to maintain them.

But in Nigeria; vandals will not allow the Lines to work well then Nigerian leaders in the power ministry will prefer to eat the money for maintenance than to maintain the lines.

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘Strong Leadership’ — Biden Commends Tinubu, ECOWAS Intervention In Niger / Shutting Firms Over Corruption Probe Hurts Economy – EFCC Chairman, Olukoyede / Atiku’s Ambition Is Affecting The Growth Of PDP – NPSA President, Hassan Saliu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.