Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige (11734 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Abati Reacts To Punch Story On N2tr / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by bushwailo: 2:58am On Sep 16, 2013
Former governor of Anambra State and the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in the November 16 governorship election in Anambra State, Senator Chris Ngige, has alleged that there is nothing on ground to justify the over N2 trillion the Governor Peter Obi administration has received in the last seven and half years.

Ngige, who spoke in Awka, the Anambra State capital yesterday, said such huge amount of money received by the state within the period under review was simply frittered away as there is nothing tangible on the ground to show for it.

He added that for 34 months, he (Ngige) was in the saddle as governor of the state and did not receive up to N100 billion, including all receipts from Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) and counter-part funding.

According to Ngige, the Obi administration has denied ever collecting such an amount in revenue to the state, yet it has woefully failed to publish its account for the scrutiny of Anambra people since it came into being.

The few things I put in here have vanished. In everything I did in Anambra State, I did not spend up to N100 billion including all my receivables from Federation Account and IGR. The Government of Anambra State as at today has collected up to N2trillion. They are saying it is a lie, I said publish your account, your IGR, receivables from counterpart funding from all agencies, world Bank, DFID, UNICEF, WHO. Publish all account receivables,” Ngige said.

He cited the example of 50 percent counterpart funding for building of classroom blocks for primary and junior secondary schools in the state in conjunction with Federal Government which he said over N17billion had been paid before he left office but allegedly, nothing to show about the project today. “Rather, the Governor Peter Obi Government has been beating its chest for providing computer sets to schools with leaking roofs,” he said.

Ngige also took a swipe at the health sector in the state, saying it had collapsed under Peter Obi’s administration, also stressing that the Onitsha General Hospital was the only one that took him 24months to secure its accreditation as governor, which he said Obi has lost the accreditation.
He said, there is no other hospital that has been given accreditation as most of the consultants, doctors, nurses and other health professionals employed have left, as part from the 13 months strike embarked upon by doctors in public hospitals in the state.

“Since I left, the government of Obi has not employed nurses apart from the 350, I employed, ” he said, adding that the same thing goes for teachers who he said were never employed under Obi.
Ngige said the scenario was not different from the tertiary institutions in Anambra State, especially the state University at Uli, which he said, he fought to get accreditation for 18 courses but today has lost accreditation of 20 courses.

“I got professors, I employed them and I was ready to pay and I paid. You don’t make a good soup without paying. Today as we speak, 20 of those courses have lost accreditation. The 23 percent that has been done by the Obi administration is not enough. They are trying but their best is not enough”.

Ngige said that all these things do not add up to the Anambra of his dream, and emphasised that he joined the race to change the fortunes of the people of the state and lift them out of what he called their present bondage.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ngige-accuses-obi-of-frittering-away-over-n2trn/159027/

9 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by bushwailo: 3:02am On Sep 16, 2013
I know a lot of BIAFRA/ MASSOB/ APGA lunatic Bandwagon are soon gonna turn up
Please if u do, stick to the genuine questions raised.

8 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by ProfOgogoro: 3:10am On Sep 16, 2013
Wow!!!

Breeze don blow and Peter Obi "lakpa lakpa" yansh don open..

grin

5 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by Nobody: 3:18am On Sep 16, 2013
Governor Madam Peter Ada Obi did not steal the money. He has only deposited the money in Fidelity Bank for safe keeping. Anambrarians can ask for it in 20 years time if they want the money.

14 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by ChimaAdeoye: 3:37am On Sep 16, 2013
Na wao for Ngige sef! The man is so economical with the truth.

So his rating has fallen from 7% here https://www.nairaland.com/1245847/ngige-scores-peter-obi-7 to zero percent now because he wants to be elected? grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by gleaf: 3:40am On Sep 16, 2013
Ngige should not even talk about such things now cos the breeze will soon blow on his yansh!! why will he lie that Onitsha Gen hospital got accreditation under him? this man is really funny, anyway I thankGod that even his associates now know the kind of man he is .

6 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by gleaf: 3:49am On Sep 16, 2013
[b][/b]
sincerenigerian: Governor Madam Peter Ada Obi did not steal the money. He has only deposited the money in Fidelity Bank for safe keeping. Anambrarians can ask for it in 20 years time if they want the money.

this madam Peter ADA you are talking about is the most successful Anambra politician, he has removed all the strong OGAS OR rather your real MEN from office yet you call him names . I doubt if your entire earnings and that of your family is upto one percent of his shares in any of his businesses and yet you ascribe him as a feminine ..... hmmmm! Am yet to see a more rugged politician than him in Anambra yet he rarely talks like this one that is ranting up there(ngige)

1 Like

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by Nobody: 3:58am On Sep 16, 2013
Ngige is talking rubbish. Peter Obi might be slow but his govt will always be rated higher than that of Ngige undecided

3 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by chukjojo(m): 4:07am On Sep 16, 2013
gleaf: Ngige should not even talk about such things now cos the breeze will soon blow on his yansh!! why will he lie that Onitsha Gen hospital got accreditation under him? this man is really funny, anyway I thankGod that even his associates now know the kind of man he is .
This short man can rant from now till thy kingdom come, his lies has already dinied him governor seat in Awka.
He desperatly want to divert everything, including; Anambra state university, government house and if possible, Onitsha main market to his village, alor. IT WON'T WORK FOR HIM.

SAY NO to APC,
SAY NO to NGIGE
SAY NO to NIGERIAN DEPORTING NIGERIANS.

12 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by LMAyedun(m): 4:18am On Sep 16, 2013
"Blowing out someone else’s candle won’t make yours shine brighter…”
You can't win by running others down.. Ngige tryna form the saint and the innocent One.
Ngige, are you also innocent of Corruption?

1 Like

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by Akpaife(m): 4:37am On Sep 16, 2013
Oga ngige respect ur self

1 Like

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by BrokenTV: 5:48am On Sep 16, 2013
Ngige should also tell us how he wasted the billions of naira allocated to him in abuja as senators constituency allowance for anambra central.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by Tolexander: 5:53am On Sep 16, 2013
p4all: Must you lie, if you received 100billion in 34 months how will he get 2trillion in 90 months, mathematically all things being equal Gov Obi should have gotten 264.7billion. Let me assume he received 2trillion in 90 months this mathematically implies that Ngige for 34 months got 755.5billion. So it is either he (Ngige) is telling us that he embezzled 655.5 billion in his own time (using it for his hotel behind government house and his other numerous investments) or he is just lying to gain cheap popularity which I call desperation.
do you expect stagnancy in the IGR of the state from 2003 to 2013 or what is your point?

17 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by ochilikoko(m): 6:05am On Sep 16, 2013
Idi Amin: Ngige is talking rubbish. Peter Obi might be slow but his govt will always be rated higher than that of Ngige undecided
don't mind Ngige. We Anambralians nows d truth..Obi is simply d best governor Anambra has ever had

5 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by Youngzedd(m): 6:32am On Sep 16, 2013
He invested the money somewhere.

That Madam Obi too like shopping.

Ngige you don't need to tell us about the koko because we already know.

A shop suppose to be opened for Peter Obi in main market Onitsha after his tenure.
Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by kossylator: 6:41am On Sep 16, 2013
bushwailo: Former governor of Anambra State and the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in the November 16 governorship election in Anambra State, Senator Chris Ngige, has alleged that there is nothing on ground to justify the over N2 trillion the Governor Peter Obi administration has received in the last seven and half years.

Ngige, who spoke in Awka, the Anambra State capital yesterday, said such huge amount of money received by the state within the period under review was simply frittered away as there is nothing tangible on the ground to show for it.

He added that for 34 months, he (Ngige) was in the saddle as governor of the state and did not receive up to N100 billion, including all receipts from Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) and counter-part funding.

According to Ngige, the Obi administration has denied ever collecting such an amount in revenue to the state, yet it has woefully failed to publish its account for the scrutiny of Anambra people since it came into being.

“The few things I put in here have vanished. In everything I did in Anambra State, I did not spend up to N100 billion including all my receivables from Federation Account and IGR. The Government of Anambra State as at today has collected up to N2trillion. They are saying it is a lie, I said publish your account, your IGR, receivables from counterpart funding from all agencies, world Bank, DFID, UNICEF, WHO. Publish all account receivables,” Ngige said.

He cited the example of 50 percent counterpart funding for building of classroom blocks for primary and junior secondary schools in the state in conjunction with Federal Government which he said over N17billion had been paid before he left office but allegedly, nothing to show about the project today. “Rather, the Governor Peter Obi Government has been beating its chest for providing computer sets to schools with leaking roofs,” he said.

Ngige also took a swipe at the health sector in the state, saying it had collapsed under Peter Obi’s administration, also stressing that the Onitsha General Hospital was the only one that took him 24months to secure its accreditation as governor, which he said Obi has lost the accreditation.
He said, there is no other hospital that has been given accreditation as most of the consultants, doctors, nurses and other health professionals employed have left, apart from the 13 months strike embarked upon by doctors in public hospitals in the state.

“Since I left, the government of Obi has not employed nurses apart from the 350, I employed, ” he said, adding that the same thing goes for teachers who he said were never employed under Obi.
Ngige said the scenario was not different from the tertiary institutions in Anambra State, especially the state University at Uli, which he said, he fought to get accreditation for 18 courses but today has lost accreditation of 20 courses.

“I got professors, I employed them and I was ready to pay and I paid. You don’t make a good soup without paying. Today as we speak, 20 of those courses have lost accreditation. The 23 percent that has been done by the Obi administration is not enough. They are trying but their best is not enough”.

Ngige said that all these things do not add up to the Anambra of his dream, and emphasised that he joined the race to change the fortunes of the people of the state and lift them out of what he called their present bondage.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ngige-accuses-obi-of-frittering-away-over-n2trn/159027/
FOr Gods sake Ngige should tel ndi Anambra wat he hs in stock 4 us nt critising Mrs peter obi'z failed admin.....anyway Ifeanyi Ubah al d way!!

1 Like

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by kossylator: 6:46am On Sep 16, 2013
Broken TV: Ngige should also tell us how he wasted the billions of naira allocated to him in abuja as senators constituency allowance for anambra central.
U r a fool,who ws @ dat position previously nd wat did he do?
Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by Controversy: 7:01am On Sep 16, 2013
kossylator: U r a fool,who ws @ dat position previously nd wat did he do?
It takes a fool to know a fool
Thought your Chris Tunde Ngige is your agent change? So if the formal did not perform he shouldn't perform as usual?

6 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by Kingsley1000(m): 7:05am On Sep 16, 2013
Is very obvious obi's administration is a failure,why re u trying to conceal his atrocities?Is giving churches,doctors nd principals money development in ur own understanding?Alas,is hightime we shun mediocrity in anambra politics.NGIGE we got ur back

2 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by Controversy: 7:06am On Sep 16, 2013
"Senator Chris Ngige, has alleged
that there is NOTHING on ground to justify the over N2 trillion the Governor Peter Obi
administration has received in
the last seven and half years".
Tunde Ngige shebi we don warn you, stop eating Tinubu Amala and Ewedu its not good for your sight

8 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by Controversy: 7:13am On Sep 16, 2013
Kingsley1000: Is very obvious obi's administration is a failure,why re u trying to conceal his atrocities?Is giving churches,doctors nd principals money development in ur own understanding?Alas,is hightime we shun mediocrity in anambra politics.NGIGE we got ur back
Boy na God de give power o,
Tunde Ngige first coming was mistake (fraud) it wouldn't happen again. Just take some chill peel to avoid HBP.

1 Like

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by ifyalways(f): 7:16am On Sep 16, 2013
Ngige you be my guy but no,this is not necessary. Face your warrant and leave Obi alone,let the masses decide.

1 Like

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by Controversy: 7:20am On Sep 16, 2013
bushwailo: I know a lot of BIAFRA/ MASSOB/ APGA lunatic Bandwagon are soon gonna turn up
Please if u do, stick to the genuine questions raised.
Who is Tunde Ngige before he became govt of Anambra state, the money he's throwing about today where did he got it? He should spare us all this lies and face his campaign. Peter Obi tenure is almost over let him (saint Tunde Chris Ngige) tell us what he has in stock for Anambarians
*spit on politics of animosity*

6 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by kennyonthrone(m): 7:54am On Sep 16, 2013
Well 4 d single fact that Obi increased d'sch fees of Anambra State uni by Ova 100% is enough reason 2 term it a failure.upon d'huge amt d'rate courses re loosin its accreditation in dat sch is alarmin nd dat nigga Ada has d' gords 2 say Education is 4 d'rich wit dat his rickety tiny voice mtchewwwwww!

5 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by kenbee(f): 8:08am On Sep 16, 2013
this Ngige should for once learn from experience. All this blackmailing & falsehood just to win the election? Worse was said about the people 's governor but he won all the supposed heavy weight in 2007. Most nairalander 's ranting here don't live in the state, don't have valid voters card and were not politically matured then. Sofa still have an edge in Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by asha80(m): 8:12am On Sep 16, 2013
kenbee: this Ngige should for once learn from experience. All this blackmailing & falsehood just to win the election? Worse was said about the people 's governor but he won all the supposed heavy weight in 2007. Most nairalander 's ranting here don't live in the state, don't have valid voters card and were not politically matured then. Sofa still have an edge in Anambra
who has an edge?
Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by bushwailo: 8:20am On Sep 16, 2013
Some of you Obi supporters are just plain stu.pid.
When a politician vies for office he must present himself as a better candidate to the status quo.
This is normal everywhere in the world except in Biafra.

Obama did same to d bush admin even though bush was not running for reelection.
The guy has raised questions on Education, Health, state finances etc.

He has exposed the ongoing inefficiencies in d running of the state.
Instead of talking about the main issues, u keep spewing rubbish

11 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 16, 2013
Lmao @ bootlickers

During his senatorial campaign, He said the same thing of the senators that earn humongous salaries in a sitting and yet nothing will be done to sponsor bills that lead to development

He said he's going to create nothing less than 10 000 jobs before he leaves office. His own motion was to serve Anambra. We accepted, we put him there

Niggä didn't even sponsor a bill grin

15 Likes

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by asha80(m): 9:05am On Sep 16, 2013
grin
joeydozzy: Lmao @ bootlickers

During his senatorial campaign, He said the same thing of the senators that earn humongous salaries in a sitting and yet nothing will be done to sponsor bills that lead to development

He said he's going to create nothing less than 10 000 jobs before he leaves office. His own motion was to serve Anambra. We accepted, we put him there

grin
joeydozzy: Lmao @ bootlickers

1 Like

Re: Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige by Chamackh(m): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2013
Ngige is just a loud mouth, we don't want to focus on one sector of the economy while allowing others to suffer, Say no to Ngige.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2015 Presidency-a Must Read / Lai Mohammed Meets With World Tourism Organization In Spain / Osinbajo Meets Onitsha Harbour Manufacturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.