Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:53 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3444255 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1576) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by VIPICO(m): 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2008
Any students of the National Open University of Nigeria here? Let's meet and exchange experiences

SEE : NOUN PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

43 Likes 17 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by VIPICO(m): 6:48am On Sep 10, 2008
, so nobody here attends the Nigerian open uni?,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by qosfat: 10:46am On Sep 11, 2008
pls i am interested in this school how can i apply

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by experts: 5:59pm On Sep 11, 2008
IF U WANT TO APPLY, GO TO OCEANIC OR ZENITH BANK TO PURCHASE UR APPLICATION FORM. 5000 NAIRA ONLY.i

GO TO THE SCHOOL WITH THE ETRANZACT COMFIRMATION AND TH BANK TELLER TO COLLECT UR PINCODE AND AFTER THAT U CAN GO ONLINE TO FILL UR FORM FOR ADMISSION

www.noun.edu.ng

23 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by geolabious(m): 9:08am On Sep 13, 2008
I hav fill the form
What is the next step for me man

4 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by worm360: 5:29pm On Sep 13, 2008
go home, sleep and wait for your admission, dont need to stress your self ok as soon as d admission is out i'll let eveery one knw ok

no course 4 alarm

8 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by alakem(f): 7:57am On Sep 14, 2008
thanks to u guy,been logging to noun website to see if their admin is on for so long but there is nothing like dat,i wondr why.thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by VIPICO(m): 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2008
Ok thats nice.
To what extent can you vouch for the authenticity and credibility of the school?
Recently I was contemplating buying the registration form but a friend of mine is discouraging me seriously. His argument is that, like anything Nigerian, the whole programme could be a sham that would end in some kind of fiasco and gnashing of teeth for the poor students.
He was asking me whether I have seen anybody with a degree or cert. from the school, and even if they offer degrees that are acknowledged by NUC, are the employers honouring those degrees?
I'm really in some form of dilemma now concerning this.

Pls I would appreciate if u could throw some more light on these issues

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by experts: 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2008
well to my knowledge, the national open university of nigeria,is not in any way inferior to any university here in nigeria. all the courses offered in the national open university is acrditted by the natinal university commision and these bodies are the same bodies that acreditted other universities, so i think there is no point thinking about may be there certificate will be accepted or not.

about job application, i want you all to know that the national open university is not giving cheap degree, they are only giving everybody the chance to be a graduate by making thing flexible.

the national open university student are better than many institution here in nigeria because here, the student have to do alot of work on its own. you have only ur course material which contain alittle information about the course u re studying, so they have references where u will go to find out more about the course so this makes the student to under go alot of reserach on each course and it makes u a better student.

u only have facilitators who are like lecturers to guide u on how to go about the studies, so if u come of out the national open university with a second class lower, u are better than some one with second class upper of other universities.

so i am very sure that applying for a job with the certificate wont be any problem. just make sure u re sound on ur copurse of study. so that u will be able to defend ur self.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by VIPICO(m): 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2008
Thanks Abdul,

Very salients points u just touched here. I have actually been visiting the study centre here in Port Harcourt where I base and done a lot of enquiring. What u said are very much in line with what I have been told too.

I still have one issue- a personal one, though: Your course CommTech, when I scanned through the course content, it seems to me that there is a lot of Maths involved. Is that the case?

I'm actually torn between that course and Entrepreneurship/Small Biz Mgt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bilmsng: 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2008
well i will advice u to go for ur choice, my course, comm tech has alot of maths and physics, so it a little difficult if u dont hv strong background. and we have little assistance from the facilitators, the rest will be handled by u. so i advice u to go for a course u can handle urself without much help to avoid failure.

5 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by VIPICO(m): 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2008
@bilmsng
Thanks for ur advice. I had already submitted my Appl. Form for my choice course. Thanks again. Pls lets keep this forum alive to share experiences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by atypical: 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2009
Hello Brothers in tha hoods. wink

Note that a new admission list for NOUN is out as at 16th 0f February,2009.
Do visit http://www.nou.edu.ng/ to check your status or your relatives admission status.

I believe you and me can Make this great nation better by having the right mindset and attitude towards
good things the nation is offering.

I know many Nigerians that run Portsmorth Open University in Nigeria as well as University of London school in Lagos.

We can be proud of what we have and be a good advocate of greater and Future development of this
Wonderful Nation.

With Much Love.
kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SHOOLAH: 6:13pm On Feb 17, 2009
Hello,
I have been offered admission at the NOUN. what is the next thing to do ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SHOOLAH: 5:56pm On Feb 18, 2009
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SHOOLAH: 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2009
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by VIPICO(m): 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2009
I also got admitted. The next thing to do now is to wait till the upload the Admission letter on the site then we can download, fill it and then submit.
I,m actually at a loss as to why it's taking this long.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SHOOLAH: 11:00am On Mar 22, 2009
The admmission letter is our. check www.nounonline.com . click on yes at the bottom left coner, entre ur form number an password. follow other procedures. good luck
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pz(m): 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2009
i hail you all.

pls what is the latest concerning admission into the National Open University of Nigeria. when does it close?

anyone with info should pls reply. tnx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ifydarkie: 10:49am On Oct 16, 2009
I heard that NOUN has never produced another set of Graduates after the first one (the one in which Ex-President Obasanjo was also a graduating Student). It was probably because of Obasanjo they did that Convocation. Also, I've never met ant Graduate, or heard of any Graduate from NOUN. Pls, I need info, my Kid Sister is really considering buying their form, and studying there.

Please Reply,

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by silicon123: 9:09am On Feb 01, 2010
when is Noun releasing their list for 2010. I hav a younger sister who obtained their form since June last year, No show? why? Anyone with authentic information. and why is their calendar abandoned? I believe the expert wil be able 2 answer this question. thnx,
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Dclique(m): 9:52am On Feb 01, 2010
NOUN is a very unserious university. Thats one thing you should know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by silicon123: 12:17pm On Feb 01, 2010
Na wa oooooooooo. which kind school be NOUN then? when relevant information were not sated for the students to read. Exams then no gree do. Admission then no gree upload list. Graduation then no gree do. why em' no eradicate am, I havnt seen a school without focus, except one, NOUN. WHT ARE THE SCHOOL AUTHORITY DOING, ONLY 2 COLLECT MONEY THEM NO? My Advice is that the school authority should see to the future of their students, flexibility does not mean lack of focus, abandoning school calendar, and besides no update at all for their students, This is bad. they should do something swiftly, I which someone can pass this mgs across,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by austin5555: 12:56pm On Feb 01, 2010
pls i want to know if the institution are on now

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bilms(m): 5:07pm On Feb 01, 2010
National Open University will soon solve the problem of examination soon with the introduction of the e-examination,

with the e-examination system, student can log on to the school site and write exam at any time, the student will determine how many years he or she spend in studying,

this will solve the problem and also answer the question must people ask about now like how many years do i take a degree course, some people even say it take 8 years to complete a course, but with d e-exams, no more question because u can write your exam at any time u wish and u see your result immidiately to know if u passed or fail a course

The e-examination system has been set but still undergoing some test to make sure its okay,

for now, student can only take a practice exam online, this is a way to practice and get familier with the e exam system,
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 02, 2010
bilms:

National Open University will soon solve the problem of examination soon with the introduction of the e-examination,

with the e-examination system, student can log on to the school site and write exam at any time, the student will determine how many years he or she spend in studying,

this will solve the problem and also answer the question must people ask about now like how many years do i take a degree course, some people even say it take 8 years to complete a course, but with d e-exams, no more question because u can write your exam at any time u wish and u see your result immidiately to know if u passed or fail a course

The e-examination system has been set but still undergoing some test to make sure its okay,

for now, student can only take a practice exam online, this is a way to practice and get familier with the e exam system,

Yeah we are waiting. it gonna start really from the 8th Feb, my first should be on the 10th. I hope it takes off because it has been long over due. Can't believe we are doing one semester for 10months.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by allihaku: 11:17am On Feb 02, 2010
Abeg how come Noun spend 10month per semester,  it is that, they usually go on strike? Pls can anyone explain 2 me, I don't understand,

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2010
allihaku:

Abeg how come Noun spend 10month per semester,  it is that, they usually go on strike? Pls can anyone explain 2 me, I don't understand,

We started this current session's first semester last June and up till now no exams.We have paid for exams fees-N1,000 for a course.I jus tire oh!It is Nigerian factor but I was thinking it could have been somewhat a different ball game.I was wrong! We all live in 9ja, no president, no anything, no organization and sticking to deadlines and timelines.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 03, 2010
I will go for my ID Card by 10AM today.It is the only pass for the exams.I think we are making progress. School shouldn't abandon its schedule. Imagine, students will be clamoring to do their exams. It is absurd!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ccollins(m): 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2010
If i want to go for noun 2010/11 admission.do i need to put them as first choice in my utme.also their professional courses like law,is it vry competitive like in other universities? Pls ,i need full answers and information becos i need impetus and some correct details to go there.lastly,where is noun centre in lagos,thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by experts: 11:23am On Feb 05, 2010
hey guys,

d question as to why the school took 10 months to before writing its exam is as follows

we have over 50 study centers in Nigeria, and i believe that when one center is writing exam, d others should be writing too,

but that has been the major problem. some of the study centers are very slow and it affect d entire school operation.

According to the VC we have been facing a lot of problems concerning how we should be conducting our exams, some study centers always have one problem or d other and it affect d entire school,

if u guys remember, d exam was originally scheduled for last year aug/sep but was later canceled, although we d returning students took the exams aug/sep but d freshers didn't,

when d exam datewas fixed, we expect all study centers to be ready, but some centers were not and d exam have to be canceled,

nw d exam date has been fixed again and believe me only 4 center are ready, d others are not, but The VC has concluded that there wont be uniform exams again since its delaying d students, any center that is ready will be allowed to conduct it own exam at its convenience, d next week are exam is going to take place in only 4 study centers,

4 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1576) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.