Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,809 members, 7,802,588 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3468909 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sheanoel(m): 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2019
Good day y'all Please I have 3 questions to ask
1) please is nysc certificate a compulsory requirement for noun msc as I only have bsc certificate for now
2) how much is school fees for msc noun
3) please whats the major difference between msc and MBA business administration
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HumorMe(m): 7:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
morningstar55:
added
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HumorMe(m): 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2019
ADENITAN:
added
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thaddeus12(m): 8:40pm On Nov 18, 2019
Sheanoel:
Good day y'all Please I have 3 questions to ask
1) please is nysc certificate a compulsory requirement for noun msc as I only have bsc certificate for now
2) how much is school fees for msc noun
3) please whats the major difference between msc and MBA business administration

1. Nysc is not compulsory
2. The school tution fee varies
3 msc can be use to futher your study to phd while mba u will do mphil .mba is mainly for administrative purposes while msc is academics. Companies prefer mba

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thaddeus12(m): 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2019
NokiaN8:
which university in Nigeria accept NOUN M.sc degree for P.hd? I have an M.sc from NOUN,but two university have turned it down for P.hd admission. please who is doing his P.hd that graduated from NOUN?

I doubt , is acceptable in every university unless your cgpa is not up to 3.5 and above depend on the university. Am currently using noun msc for my phd.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 9:19am On Nov 19, 2019
Good morning.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 20, 2019
Good Morning My Brothers, I've been a student of national open university not until my 400L when I had to pause due to financial issues which made me missed almost 3 semesters. but thank God now am getting better financially and am ready to go back to school and conclude my program...

I have actually done nothing pertaining to my project and am also yet to do my I.T, what i need now is an expert who's going to guide me on how go about this my case cause i don't really know where to start from right now

someone should please help a brother
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
Dwayne22:
Good Morning My Brothers, I've been a student of national open university not until my 400L when I had to pause due to financial issues which made me missed almost 3 semesters. but thank God now am getting better financially and am ready to go back to school and conclude my program...

I have actually done nothing pertaining to my project and am also yet to do my I.T, what i need now is an expert who's going to guide me on how go about this my case cause i don't really know where to start from right now

someone should please help a brother
Welcome back. Prepare to register your SIWES and project. Most SIWES registrations costs 10k and Project registrations for undergraduate goes for 15k. Semester registration costs 18k which is compulsory before registration of the SIWES and Project.
I will advise you check your results to make sure you don't have any outstanding course as well.
Registration for next semester commences around January 2020. All the best.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by boldx(m): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2019
please mods add me to noun WhatsApp group. 08034533668
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 6:24am On Nov 21, 2019
NokiaN8:
which university in Nigeria accept NOUN M.sc degree for P.hd? I have an M.sc from NOUN,but two university have turned it down for P.hd admission. please who is doing his P.hd that graduated from NOUN?

Foe you to qualufybfor a PHD you must have at least a CGPA of 3.50. For some schools it is 4.0. Check your CGPA. It may be the problem.

Also PHD PROGRAMMES are subject to availability of supervisors.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by umar745(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2019
HumorMe:
NOUN ABUJA STUDY CENTRE WHATSAPP GROUP, REPLY TO BE ADDED
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmaclue: 8:25am On Nov 21, 2019
Ribasandez:

A reliable source has it that a graduation list would be released between late December and early January. But nothing is ever so certain when it comes to when they will release the next list. So far, that period has been slated, but it can change.

Thanks bro. God bless. Let's wait and see how it goes.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nwaokike(f): 11:33am On Nov 21, 2019
Did anyone from 2012/2013 set get a message like this?

I called the number and was told to settle 60k so that my name would be included in the graduating list that will be released tomorrow or forget the 7 years and monies I spent in the School.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ebije2(m): 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
Greetings. Pls is NOUN form presently on sale?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2019
Nwaokike:

I called the number and was told to settle 60k so that my name would be included in the graduating list that will be released tomorrow or forget the 7 years and monies I spent in the School.

I wouldn't trust such people. If a list of graduating students is coming out tomorrow, paying 60k won't magically add your name to it.

Besides, what kind of injustice would have you pay 60k? A fine for what would that be? Manipulators work on other people's desperation, fears, and greed.

Scammers are at it again. Don't fall for it.

4 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nwaokike(f): 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
Ribasandez:

I wouldn't trust such people. If a list of graduating students is coming out tomorrow, paying 60k won't magically add your name to it.

Besides, what kind of injustice would have you pay 60k? A fine for what would that be? Manipulators work on other people's desperation, fears, and greed.

Scammers are at it again. Don't fall for it.

Thank you. I didn't fall for it but I feel for desperate ones who go don make them rich.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jamoyakz: 1:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
Please guys how does project defence work? Can someone explain it to me? MSC business administration
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
Nwaokike:

That is most probably a SCAM!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MrJaay(m): 3:26pm On Nov 21, 2019
Nwaokike:

You'd easily tell that it is scam by mere looking at the horrible grammatical errors.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 7:58am On Nov 22, 2019
Hello all,

While i await my project result, I will like to know the required credit units for graduation from 100level. Thanks all for the support on this page thus far.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Stimalopez(m): 9:02am On Nov 22, 2019
Please add 08067692888 to the nou whatsapp group.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Spiritualizt: 11:19am On Nov 22, 2019
Pls mod add me to NOUN WhatsApp group

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Rdduite(m): 7:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
Please is there any NOUN whatsapp group? If any please kindly provide us with the group link so that interested fellow can join

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:06am On Nov 23, 2019
ev4real:
Hello all,

While i await my project result, I will like to know the required credit units for graduation from 100level. Thanks all for the support on this page thus far.
What program plz?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Adamma91(f): 8:37am On Nov 23, 2019
I was admitted into noun in 2015 but after my first semester 100 level I couldn't continue bcoz of health and financial issues, now am ready to go back to school, I want to if I continue from where or go for fresh admision. Plz help
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 9:45am On Nov 23, 2019
Adamma91:
I was admitted into noun in 2015 but after my first semester 100 level I couldn't continue bcoz of health and financial issues, now am ready to go back to school, I want to if I continue from where or go for fresh admision. Plz help
Continue from where you stopped

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 10:27am On Nov 23, 2019
Enskynelson:

What program plz?
Environmental Science and Resource Management
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:20am On Nov 23, 2019
ev4real:
Environmental Science and Resource Management
According to your department, the minimum TCE is 155. This is made up of 135 units of Core courses and 20 Units of electives.
You can download for yourself [url]http://nou.edu.ng/sites/default/files/2018-11/GRADUATION%20REQUIREMENTS%20FOR%20THE%20DEPARTMENT%20OF%20ENVIRONMENTAL%20SCIENCE%20ESM.pdf[url]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 11:28am On Nov 23, 2019
Enskynelson:

According to your department, the minimum TCE is 155. This is made up of 135 units of Core courses and 20 Units of electives.
You can download for yourself [url]http://nou.edu.ng/sites/default/files/2018-11/GRADUATION%20REQUIREMENTS%20FOR%20THE%20DEPARTMENT%20OF%20ENVIRONMENTAL%20SCIENCE%20ESM.pdf[url]
Thanks, but this looks outrageous. I have heard and seen people with less credit unit (120) graduate from 100level. I don't know the next action to take now.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:41am On Nov 23, 2019
ev4real:
Thanks, but this looks outrageous. I have heard and seen people with less credit unit (120) graduate from 100level. I don't know the next action to take now.
Going by what is written there, it is likely not possible to graduate with lets say 120 TCE since the core courses amounts to 135 TCE. Try and check if you have done all the Core courses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.