Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3474631 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wableo: 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
baba11:

Project code is cit 899....
If you want to prevent yourself from paying extra 23k,register everything now including your project....if you like,you can leave out a 2 units course... then come the third semester,just go ahead and do your project,you don't need to register anything then cool
OK. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 8:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
baba11:
OK thank you very much shocked
Uwc, bro.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
wableo:

OK. If I didn't register project which is 6 units, I will have space to put all my courses, am I right?. When I suppose to pay 40k project fee , how to get a good topic and supervisor fast. And any other advice for project. Thanks
It is better u take that option of dropping either CIT832 or 844 and pick up 891 and still include ur project under course registration only. So that ur topic can be assessed and a supervisor assigned, then u begin dealing with d supervisor in ur unactivated third semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
baba11:

Waoooooh!!!!!Am I daydreaming? Project fee is now #40k...I paid just #12k that was stipulated!!!!!
yeah...since they charge in retrospect, u owe them N28,000. tongue
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
baba11:

OK thanks...if I'm graded now,how will I submit it into my SC since almost all of them are busy with exams...I'll not want to submit it at the HQs so that it'll not be an issue later on#from p
ersonal experience
beg those at ur SC...lie down like Yorubas do. so calculate timing for shipment to HQ and that is why u sshould act now.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
kosplateau:

yeah...since they charge in retrospect, u owe them N28,000. tongue
When I registered ,it was still #12k...that was about 2 years ago....so I don't need to balance up anything bro....if not,they wouldn't have allowed me to do it since there's no a part payment for project
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
baba11:

When I registered ,it was still #12k...that was about 2 years ago....so I don't need to balance up anything bro....if not,they wouldn't have allowed me to do it since there's no a part payment for project
haha...we will c when convocation time or cert collection time reaches. in short, clearance time!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wableo: 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
kosplateau:

It is better u take that option of dropping either CIT832 or 844 and pick up 891 and still include ur project under course registration only. So that ur topic can be assessed and a supervisor assigned, then u begin dealing with d supervisor in ur unactivated third semester.
OK. Thank you bro. Now I understand clearly
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 6:47am On Oct 17, 2015
kosplateau:

haha...we will c when convocation time or cert collection time reaches. in short, clearance time!
Okay
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 17, 2015
wableo:

OK. Thank you bro. Now I understand clearly
portal is still open, u can register ur 891 today and include it under exam next semester and do all courses if u like.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ISIDOREIFEANYI: 10:33am On Oct 17, 2015
Please house, anyone with MGS 730-Fundamentals of Marketing should kindly send to me @ isidoreifeanyi@gmail.com Or Whatsapp @ 08039546069. Thanks in advance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by PeyButtons(f): 11:28am On Oct 17, 2015
NOUN NOUN NOUN
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wableo: 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
kosplateau:

portal is still open, u can register ur 891 today and include it under exam next semester and do all courses if u like.
I have register for it now. So now no need to drop any course right?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 17, 2015
Good day house,

can anyone please help with the past question on

MBA817 - Environment of business

my mail address is simisayooluyamoju@yahoo.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
wableo:

I have register for it now. So now no need to drop any course right?
yeah no need...u get all courses all 42 units. just register it for course only...it joins others under exam reg next semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
PeyButtons:
NOUN NOUN NOUN
grin grin grin
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emeka94(m): 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
please what is/are the conditions for graduating from noun?

am in 400level first semester and I want to start working towards preventing anything that will stop me from finishing March next year. I have written more than 120 credit load. but I have some courses, five or six, that are showing as pending or failed. will they prevent me from graduating or should I rewrite them?

please any general or specific advice will be appreciated.
thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
emeka94:
please what is/are the conditions for graduating from noun?

am in 400level first semester and I want to start working towards preventing anything that will stop me from finishing March next year. I have written more than 120 credit load. but I have some courses, five or six, that are showing as pending or failed. will they prevent me from graduating or should I rewrite them?

please any general or specific advice will be appreciated.
thanks in advance

The conditions for graduating from NOUN are:

1) Seminar.
2) Industrial Training.
3) Minimum of 120 credit units.
4) Project.

Judiciously, it's advisable you re-run your pending and failed courses. Telling you to re-run the failed ones and ignore the pending ones doesn't make any iota of sense. Re-write the failed ones to earn half of your point/grade back and the pending ones to avoid any form of obstacles.

Furthermore, try to start working on your project on time. Do not wait till 400L second semester, so as to finish and submit it without hassles and to meet the deadline for project submission.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wableo: 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2015
kosplateau:

yeah no need...u get all courses all 42 units. just register it for course only...it joins others under exam reg next semester.
OK. Can I start project now?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emeka94(m): 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2015
MimiHANS:

The conditions for graduating from NOUN are:

1) Seminar.
2) Industrial Training.
3) Minimum of 120 credit units.
4) Project.

Judiciously, it's advisable you re-run your pending and failed courses. Telling you to re-run the failed ones and ignore the pending ones doesn't make any iota of sense. Re-write the failed ones to earn half of your point/grade back and the pending ones to avoid any form of obstacles.

Furthermore, try to start working on your project on time. Do not wait till 400L second semester, so as to finish and submit it without hassles and to meet the deadline for project submission.

thanks a lot, very helpful
am currently working on my project haven't started seminar thou. thanks a bunch for the advice
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2015
wableo:

OK. Can I start project now?
pls read and understand all we have said. u can start identifying ur three topics and gathering their materials. After registering ur courses from Jan, u submit d 3 topics and wait and wait.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oluatinuke: 10:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
URGENT
Good evening all,Please kindly assist with MGS 713 Capital Investments and Financial decision past questions.
god_epitome@yahoo.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JustCare: 12:41am On Oct 18, 2015
Good morning everyone in the house. I have followed this thread for over a year now. I am about to start accomplishing the reason why I have been around all these while.

I'm an undergraduate student of unilag, though a medical student, I really wanna obtain a degree in law from noun. I know this is not gonna be easy owing to my current study, financial embodiment and the o'level in art subjects I will need to acquire sooner.

Please what I seek now is a good advice from people studying what I'm bargaining for right now. I will appreciate someone who's studying law to let me know how I will reach him or her in order to get some firsthand and direct private information on some salient issues.

Once more, good morning to everyone...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 7:20am On Oct 18, 2015
emeka94:

thanks a lot, very helpful
am currently working on my project haven't started seminar thou. thanks a bunch for the advice
You're most welcome.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wableo: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
kosplateau:

pls read and understand all we have said. u can start identifying ur three topics and gathering their materials. After registering ur courses from Jan, u submit d 3 topics and wait and wait.
OK.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
tmapark:
PHY132 solved and tested in buytma.com
ENG122 SOLVED AND TESTED IN BUYTMA
MAC116 SOLVED AND TESTED
PHY111 SOLVED AND TESTED
And many other courses.....

check out www.buytma.com

Please do you have CIT333 TMA solutions in your site?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hello everyone!

For those of us not aware, I wish to break great news to you guys.

You can now make payments somewhat directly online to fund your e-wallets. The process isn't straightforward like I know we'd all like it, but I found a way to make it stupid simple.

Prerequisites: A credit/debit card activated for online transactions, some experience with making online payments.

Now follow these steps to complete the process:

- Log on to your portal
- On the panel to your left on the page, click "Make Payments on Remita"
- Generate your RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference) code from the served page
- Visit Remita and click on the link as shown below

- A dialog box pops up asking for the RRR you generated from your portal
- Enter the value and follow through with the remaining steps (supplying your credit/debit card info and such)

I hope this helps. If it doesn't, seek technical support.

Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NigAmbassador: 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
Good morning, I am a prospective student. I need information on applying for PG in Information Technology (IT) from NOUN. I am a first degree holder of International Studies from LASU.
Do I run a PGMasters in IT due to my technical training in IT from IT training schools or I should just run a PGDiploma in IT before I can go for my PGMasters from NOUN?
What are the processes like? Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kiekie1(m): 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
yugos08:
I haven't dropped any yet cause I'm not around. That's why I wanted to make enquiries. The results are still yet to be released and read from this forum that the results are uploaded in batches. I don't know how true it is. Were you also affected?

I have been offline .. Kindly call my mobile num visible in my profile let's talk ! Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samguru(m): 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
M.Sc nounites,

When is GST807?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kunleee(m): 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
Please nounites
Am missing my paper tomorrow cus of ill health n there is no channel to communicate it to my sc tomorrow.
1.What do i do so that it wont count as a carry over.
2. Whats the required total units to passed for PGD?
Cus all listed in my portal are 34units including project.
Pls ur immediate reply will be appreciated.
Thank u.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UEDIBO: 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
kosplateau:

GOOD DAY
CAN YOU PLS HELP ME WITH MSC INFO TECH PAST QUESTION TO uedibo@yahoo.com. PLS

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.