Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,177 members, 7,780,242 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:15 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3443915 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (1576) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 8:54am On Jul 19, 2016
xtosync:
Please can anyone help me out of this puzzle?
I am a CIT Direct Entry student, Finals. I have amassed a total of 111 credit unit with the 7 GST courses inclusive. I am a little confused with the amount of credit unit I need to graduate as the GST courses are now calculated as 0 units. This if applied will reduce my credit units to 97 unit. (This is as a result of the recent change in the total credit course needed to graduate for school of science and technology students (CIT), which say a minimum of 120 credit Unit. i.e 110unit compulsory course and at least 10unit Elective course for Direct Entry student (3years); 140 units compulsory course and at least 12 Elective course for full 4years students)
My puzzle is am I to calculate my total course registered using 0 unit for the GST courses or leave them as it were as 2 units. If I calculate them as 2 unit, then I need just at least 9unit course to graduate or If I calculate them as 0 unit, then I need at least 23unit course to graduate. However, the sum total of core courses to be offered by Direct entry students is less than 110 units. Please anyone with useful information should contribute not just for my sake but for others too I know might be confused with this scenario. Even my study center is not providing a certain and assuring answer. Thanks y'all.
Ignore the 0 Units, they will recorded according to the units allocated when you did them.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maekhel(m): 9:22am On Jul 19, 2016
donbrowser:

Ignore the 0 Units, they will recorded according to the units allocated when you did them.
Morning, what of those who are not yet in their finals. Let me be precise, am currently in 200l semester (through DE) and when I did my course registration for last semester the GST courses were still 2 units. How do I meet up with the minimum units since the sum total of core courses to be offered by Direct entry students is less than 110 units.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mortipher: 11:13am On Jul 19, 2016
SENESCO:
I do not know the closure date, it as not been officially released but I think it should be towards the end of next month. For course registration, 2units course=2k, 3units course= 2.5k and exam registration is 1k per course. Compulsory fee for fresh students is 36k in first semester and 13k in second semester.
Thanks so much.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by veekid(m): 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
I've got course material for sale
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by veekid(m): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
veekid:
I've got course material for sale

IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF ANY OF THE BELOW LISTED COURSE MATERIALS AT CHICHINI PRICES; CONTACT OR WHATSAPP 08053155721:

2) CSS111 - INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY WITH COURSE GUIDE (SC)

3) GST 203 - INTRODUCTION TO PHILOSOPHY AND LOGIC (PB)

4) CSS132 - ETHNOGRAPHY OF NIGERIA (PB)

5) GST 101 - USE OF ENGLISH AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS (SC)

6) CSS 107 - SOCIOLOGY OF LAW (SC)

7) CSS 133 - INTRODUCTION TO CRIMINOLOGY 1 (PB)

cool MTH 102 - INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS (SC)

9) GST 104 - HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE (SC)

10) CSS 102 - INTRODUCTION TO NIGERIAN CRIMINAL LAW (SC)

11) CSS 134 - GEOGRAPHY OF NIGERIA (PB)

12) CSS 131 - INTRODUCTION TO POLITICAL SCIENCE WITH COURSE GUIDE (SC)

13) CIT 132 - PROGRAMMING IN BASIC (SC)

14) CHM 111 - INTRODUCTORY INORGANIC CHEMISTRY (PB)

15) GST 102 - USE OF ENGLISH AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS 2 (PB)

16) CSS 136 - INTRODUCTION TO CRIMINOLOGY 2 (PB)

17) MTH 133 - TRIGONOMETRY (PB)

18) MTH 142 - VECTORS AND GEOMETRY (PB)

19) CIT 101 - COMPUTERS IN SOCIETY WITH COURSE GUIDE (SC)

20) BIO 101 - GENERAL BIOLOGY 1 (PB)

MTH 112 - DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS (PB)

CIT 102 - SOFTWARE APPLICATION SKILLS (PB)

(SC) *=* SCHOOL COPY
(PB) *=* PRINTED AND BINNED

HURRY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Redfox(m): 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2016
The World of analytics & Modeling as we know it....

Earthlings! a closer look.
Redfox Analytics-- redefining & standardizing the world of modeling, analytics and research with the use of solution engines: SAS, SPSS, Eviews, STATA, Python, R, XLSTAT, Epi-Info, MicroFit and Microsoft Excel forecasting with varying applications in General research, Econometrics, Development Finance, Real Estate Modeling & Financing, Global Markets (currency & fixed income derivative ) analytic. Just maybe this is that golden opportunity to NOT only grow a skill set but to build, innovate and be a problem solver.
Statistical and Survey Analysis
Biostatistics
Quantitative Risk*
Panel Data*
Forecasting
Data Analytics Support*
Financial Regression and Back-testing*
Data Mining*
Advanced Excel Simulation*
Algorithm
Trading & Modeling*
MBA Research guide @the Tip*
Financial Markets*
Please call in for seat reservation and more information.
Date: July 23/24: SPSS (AB) Intensive.
Date: Aug 5/6, 2016--Session LOS A: Stata (AA) and SPSS (AB)
Aug 7/8, 2016--Session LOS A: SAS (AC)
Aug 7/8, 2016--Session LOS B: Eviews (BB)
Aug 10/11, 2016--Session LOS C: XLSTAT (CC) and Excel (Advanced & Logical Operations)

August 13/14, 2016 -- SPSS, Data Manipulation, Mining & Policy (D3M)
Venue: H9B, SR, Abraham Adesanya Estate, Lekki-Ajah, Lagos.

Session duration: 2-day intensive (9hrs)
Course fee (SPSS, Eviews, XLSTAT, Excel): 25,000
Stata and SAS: 35,000 with consulting connect access
R and R studio: 35,000 with developer tools and consulting connect access
Python: 50,000 with developer tools and consulting connect access
Add-ons: software installation/set up, plus video tutorials and dummies.

Kingsley Redfox
kingsleyukwuoma@gmail.com

Hey! You can find me now.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Desanto21(m): 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2016
can a final year student defer his second semester admission?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sike(m): 4:28am On Jul 20, 2016
Can someone tell me why I couldn't login to my portal please. Runtime error has been the response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sike(m): 4:35am On Jul 20, 2016
veekid:

IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF ANY OF THE BELOW LISTED COURSE MATERIALS AT CHICHINI PRICES; CONTACT OR WHATSAPP 08053155721:

2) CSS111 - INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY WITH COURSE GUIDE (SC)

3) GST 203 - INTRODUCTION TO PHILOSOPHY AND LOGIC (PB)

4) CSS132 - ETHNOGRAPHY OF NIGERIA (PB)

5) GST 101 - USE OF ENGLISH AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS (SC)

6) CSS 107 - SOCIOLOGY OF LAW (SC)

7) CSS 133 - INTRODUCTION TO CRIMINOLOGY 1 (PB)

cool MTH 102 - INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS (SC)

9) GST 104 - HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE (SC)

10) CSS 102 - INTRODUCTION TO NIGERIAN CRIMINAL LAW (SC)

11) CSS 134 - GEOGRAPHY OF NIGERIA (PB)

12) CSS 131 - INTRODUCTION TO POLITICAL SCIENCE WITH COURSE GUIDE (SC)

13) CIT 132 - PROGRAMMING IN BASIC (SC)

14) CHM 111 - INTRODUCTORY INORGANIC CHEMISTRY (PB)

15) GST 102 - USE OF ENGLISH AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS 2 (PB)

16) CSS 136 - INTRODUCTION TO CRIMINOLOGY 2 (PB)

17) MTH 133 - TRIGONOMETRY (PB)

18) MTH 142 - VECTORS AND GEOMETRY (PB)

19) CIT 101 - COMPUTERS IN SOCIETY WITH COURSE GUIDE (SC)

20) BIO 101 - GENERAL BIOLOGY 1 (PB)

MTH 112 - DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS (PB)

CIT 102 - SOFTWARE APPLICATION SKILLS (PB)

(SC) *=* SCHOOL COPY
(PB) *=* PRINTED AND BINNED

HURRY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
location?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by veekid(m): 6:24am On Jul 20, 2016
Sike:
location?

Ibadan
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 7:35am On Jul 20, 2016
Sike:
Can someone tell me why I couldn't login to my portal please. Runtime error has been the response.
Try and use another browser........or better still,log in on your desktop or laptop.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chipatra: 11:49am On Jul 20, 2016
I greet o! abeg any MSc ICT person for here wey fit give me past questions. abeg quote me cheesy
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josephparis: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2016
Emanus:
Thank you for your myopics idea, I never new you should be pity? Because your lack senses of reasons. I am not bother because PGDE is not a requirements for my current job. I did PGDE with heart of education certification for future reference.

So be sure that I am not bother of the certificate, my MSc. is the most interesting programme for me currently. The fees is relatively cheap compared to semester payment and enjoying free internet 24/7 in a big school with over 50,000 students and room of 2 with quality and conducive library facilities.

You will still tell me whenNoun supposed to have E- Library or visual libraries to complement there grammatical mistakes and errors in modules that was not review for long.

I pity your case. I am not going to keep shut for the sake of young Nigeria who are working and who need to study also to think and be sure of what they will get in over 300k into with unit courses changing, appearing and disappearing like a car smoke.

Because Naira land website is one of the main sources and best gisting family about issues in Nigeria. It has replaced many hearts and have restricted many to let's ask naira land

Pls expression is not about pity, it is about how you feel and if NOUN officers are here, you should no that students and people that are aspiring to better places needs quality.

Education is not cheap as suggested by one of the comment I read but it worth to have value which must be equivalent to the acquisition of the certificate/ knowledge as reciprocal.

How many of NOUN officers have certificate in open distance education am not saying degree certificate? To know how open distance education work. Do they know what it means E- learning education?

Please, I am a victim of Noun I will soon screen grab my results for iu you to be sure that I had nice results for those that were released but it doesn't worth the effort and money when I paid 25k as project fees and 10k as T.P differently and when I met my supervisor from Ministry of Education not even a lecturer he asked for 40k as bribe and I had to beg because I was serving (NYSC) and I went with 20k prostrating a (month allawe) because of my Yoruba origin which my prostrating safe me and reduce 20k. I wanted reporting to the school and I was advised that's usual things and I kept quiet. I didn't quite because I have invested all my allawe on it with the hope that I will get PGDE. After submission for his signin, the supervisor forgot to submit back to school and the project was delayed.

I took this time not because of you that you are in my shoes already but to the new ones to decide what they will be up to in few days after paying 70k into portal before it starts reading like NEPA post paid metre.

I have to be like a pastor now that every charming of NOUN in your eyes be cleared up in Jesus name or in Insha Allah.

For you in my shoes God will deliver us. We will not keep quiet about it may be we can see a big online Twitter guy who can Tweets all this experience and can attract Federal Minister of Education and senators.

To you all Senator Dino Melaye is currently running MSc programme in ABU Zaria if he didn't attend class and come for 70% attendance no exam and CO.but ask your self why didn't he chooses NOUN.

Day before yesterday I mailed NOUN and central info, registrar they can't even acknowledge my mail not to talk of reply.

#Nigerianot READYforOpenUniversity

which senator please. I just wonder why NoUn is becoming a threat to conventional uni.. those people killing themselves saying this and that abt Noun... kudos to Noun joor. Noun mode of study is not that of conventional uni. in Noun you read, study by your self with a well designed instructional course material that enable you understand every bit of your course... many lazy students complain about this mode, that's y they will say to u dat they regretted noun. so if you regretted noun how else would u cope with Online degree?. or u pay for tutorial classes.

what makes a university/institution a university is with the approval of NUC.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Philipsdael(m): 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2016
Let them keep hating ... They feel threatened.... I'm enjoying my studies that's all that matters ...

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
chipatra:
I greet o! abeg any MSc ICT person for here wey fit give me past questions. abeg quote me cheesy
Can I refer you to someone though at a token. He has for about 5 years.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by soundCluster: 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
biuti:
@TastyTuoyo, you're right if you have lots of money and time to waste.
@SelfmadeOLX, you'll need lots of money and time.
@CezarThaViruz, It's more than I can type here. You know we all have different reasons for doing things. The School fee 15k when I started and there wasn't fee for 2nd semester, I'm an HND graduate but I came to acquire bsc cos it was cheap, now I've spent more than 400k though I'm in my last semester. You can compare the amount. We are always paying for textbooks we don't get, missing results and series of stupid policies coming up every day, e.g restricting number of credit units one can do per semester(this is open university for goodness sake), also, I.T was added to a semester after I've passed d level but I was told by the school counselor that I must do it. Too many things I can't type here.
@Emanus, you are correct. It's really serious, it was like you saw me checking my wallet today, I was very surprised.
I would have set up one good small business, or finished my ICAN.
**Noun is good for only people who are rich and or working already that are just in need of certificate to upgrade their status.**
Visit Noun pages on facebook , you'll read enough experiences of many people.
Missing result in Noun has no respect for anyone, if you like do everything in most perfect way, they withhold and release result at will.

Hi,

I just followed you cuz really need to ask u some questions as regards ur experience with NOUN as I am about makingg a descision on the school. I will like to pm u for d questions, cuz I wouldn't want folks to castigate you based on ur own view if I ask u here. Kindly follow back.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by soundCluster: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
Philipsdael:
Let them keep hating ...
They feel threatened....
I'm enjoying my studies that's all that matters ...

Hi,

Can I still apply to NOUN Comp Sci (DE) and when is the application going to close for fresh students.

Thank u in advance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2016
hello can some put me through the admission process for MSC criminology, would I go through pdg first since I didn't study criminology as my first degree.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chipatra: 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2016
Kazrem:

Can I refer you to someone though at a token. He has for about 5 years.
haba! na person wey go give me free I dey find o wink
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2016
chipatra:
haba! na person wey go give me free I dey find o wink
He didn't get it free.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 6:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
soundCluster:

Hi,

Can I still apply to NOUN Comp Sci (DE) and when is the application going to close for fresh students.

Thank u in advance.
Yes. No closing date. Application is always ongoing.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by soundCluster: 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2016
Kazrem:

Yes. No closing date. Application is always ongoing.

Thank you for this reply.

Pls can u give me like a clue of how much I would spend as a fresh 200l DE student of the school..(Aside d form --5k).

What I don't understand and need clarification on is, the compulsory fee, the course registration fee, exam fee and all... Plus I heard payment is semester based not session based. Bottom line, I need to av a good knowledge of what am getting into money-wise so I can assert if its affordable for me (don't wanna get stuck mid-way into the program. I hope u understand). Thanks

Kindly advice.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Endy4all(m): 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2016
Sike:

Use your phone browser instead of downloaded applications for now.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
hello can some put me through the admission process for MSC criminology, would I go through pdg first since I didn't study criminology as my first degree.
heloooooo anybody
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chipatra: 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2016
Kazrem:

He didn't get it free.
thanks, make I dey find person wey get im own free grin
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chipatra: 7:41pm On Jul 20, 2016
abeg any MSc ICT person for here wey fit give me past questions FOR FREE O! abeg quote me
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 12:04am On Jul 21, 2016
I understand you well. Compulsory fee is 40k for fresh students. #2000 for 2 units course registration. #2500 for 3 units course registration. #1000 for all exams registration. Now you will multiply the number of courses you want to do in semester by either 2k or 2.5k and then with 1k. Essentially, in your maiden semester, you will pay around 70k.
soundCluster:

Thank you for this reply.

Pls can u give me like a clue of how much I would spend as a fresh 200l DE student of the school..(Aside d form --5k).

What I don't understand and need clarification on is, the compulsory fee, the course registration fee, exam fee and all... Plus I heard payment is semester based not session based. Bottom line, I need to av a good knowledge of what am getting into money-wise so I can assert if its affordable for me (don't wanna get stuck mid-way into the program. I hope u understand). Thanks

Kindly advice.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by truvine(m): 9:07am On Jul 21, 2016
Please, what are the graduation requirements for MBA student.
minimum credit units to attain and the likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (1576) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.