Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3473568 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2012
primate ayoola: holyrule fenks man, u r d best.
Thanks! Which programme are you going for and which state is your centre.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oba2: 7:47pm On Aug 04, 2012
alright,tnx 4 d response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by omega7ky: 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
Takoro13:
Yes! It is just out for sale in last two week. Dont be late to get yours. I dont know tommorow may say.
Pls Takoro... Can I apply for PGD while doing my service? I will appreciate your response
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2012
omega7ky: Pls Takoro... Can I apply for PGD while doing my service? I will appreciate your response
I dont know of noun but NTI do give pgde admission to the serving copa. Bcs when i was serving one of my friend was doing his pgd. And i did pgde with some serving copa. So with this i belief they would admit you. Call me on monday so i can find out from their centre when i got there. 91. Call from 6:30pm to 9:30pm
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by OmokayZ(m): 10:05am On Aug 05, 2012
Pls is d form for fresh undergradutae out? And i hope its safe cuz i didn't choose them in jamb
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2012
OmokayZ: Pls is d form for fresh undergradutae out? And i hope its safe cuz i didn't choose them in jamb
Yes! The forms are out together. The difference the amount: #5000 for undergraduate and #7500 for pgd/masters. Make sure you state the one you want at the bank. And you dont need jamb stuff for their admission talkless of first choise.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
OmokayZ: Pls is d form for fresh undergradutae out? And i hope its safe cuz i didn't choose them in jamb
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by primateayoola(m): 8:51am On Aug 06, 2012
Takoro13:
Thanks! Which programme are you going for and which state is your centre.
crimnology and security studies(CRSS), ikeja study center
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by akinwolemi: 1:00am On Aug 09, 2012
Plz I need urgent reply before chosen study centre,which study centre is the best between lagos and abeokuta.plzzzz I need ur contribution urgently.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 5:40am On Aug 09, 2012
akinwolemi: Plz I need urgent reply before chosen study centre,which study centre is the best between lagos and abeokuta.plzzzz I need ur contribution urgently.
Dear! Be aware that is very much beter to choose the nearest study centre to your place. Take care.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jossy26: 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
ferdiii:

You're right on the 7-year thingy. I know some people who defer this current semester, some take fewer courses and they won't tell why they are spending more years. However, the compulsory fees at the new session is N15,500 (N2,500 for semester activation,N10,000 for ICT & N3,000 for Library),N2,500 for its second semester and don't forget N8,000 (N3,000 for JAMB regularization fee and N5,000 for results verification) to be paid at 400level. Admission is on in every semester, NO UTME, YES O'level.You mainly gonna study on your own.

After May/June 2012 exams, I would have done 4 semesters and do my final and 5th thereafter for a four course that I started 2009. BSc Computer Science involves 125 units (They say it is 120 but I have 125 core units in my portal) to graduate but I would amass 131 units (I took three 2-unit elective courses)-coming from 9 Math courses, 5 Physics courses, 5 GST courses and the rest are CIT courses totaling 55 courses. I must have officially spent N250,000 by NOV/DEC 2012 graduation time. This favors those who work but we are still the guinea pigs, those coming after will enjoy more.

I registered 15 courses this semester, although no exam on one-it is IT (industrial Attachment) and my last semester houses 11 courses that I won't do exams on three (IT phase2,Seminar & Project). That semester will gulp N60,000. Am off now for my TMAs. Yeah you do TMAs four times against a course. I hope they add the 30% nominal value to our final grades this time.

Hello Ferdi, pls I want to confirm if someone with a science background can be given admission for Bsc in entrepreneuship and business management? And also can someone take more courses per semester, so as to finish say like in 3yrs?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Holyrule(m): 6:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
primate ayoola: holyrule fenks man, u r d best.
thanks. Am glad to help.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Holyrule(m): 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2012
jossy26:

Hello Ferdi, pls I want to confirm if someone with a science background can be given admission for Bsc in entrepreneuship and business management? And also can someone take more courses per semester, so as to finish say like in 3yrs?
So long your O"level credentials meet their requirements. Now you can only do not more than 30 credit unit courses per semester unlike before.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sholly001: 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2012
if i want to enter now to study communication technology. where can i use the degree certificate to work.thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:49pm On Aug 09, 2012
Can some one change his/her programme after print admision letter. Thus, is another letter would be issued.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
sholly001: if i want to enter now to study communication technology. where can i use the degree certificate to work.thanks
You have your certificate at hand and pray nigeria is beter before then. Your certificate is acceptable at any ministry and parastata. Communication technology is even beyond what you are thinking about.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by OmokayZ(m): 8:26pm On Aug 09, 2012
Pls,help me get dis straight. I had 7 (c6) in my O'level which i Know its nt very gud.Can i apply for Bsc in Computer science?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jossy26: 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
OmokayZ: Pls,help me get dis straight. I had 7 (c6) in my O'level which i Know its nt very gud.Can i apply for Bsc in Computer science?
Why do you say C6 is not good enough? As far as I know, a credit pass result in all subject sat for is very ok and acceptable even for a masters in the UK
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 10:01pm On Aug 09, 2012
OmokayZ: Pls,help me get dis straight. I had 7 (c6) in my O'level which i Know its nt very gud.Can i apply for Bsc in Computer science?
List the subject with the grade for more explanatry.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by OmokayZ(m): 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
Takoro13:
List the subject with the grade for more explanatry.
Maths, Eng, bio, chem, physics, agric, economics all c6 except yoruba and furthermaths which are D7
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 2:18am On Aug 10, 2012
OmokayZ: Maths, Eng, bio, chem, physics, agric, economics all c6 except yoruba and furthermaths which are D7
Oh guy! You too much for any course. Go on and save jorly Journy!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by OmokayZ(m): 6:17am On Aug 10, 2012
Takoro13:
Oh guy! You too much for any course. Go on and save jorly Journy!!
thanks mehn
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by akinwolemi: 10:13am On Aug 10, 2012
Which study centre rock most in between abeokuta and ikeja study centre and plz where can I see d form to buy in sango otta
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by OmokayZ(m): 11:04am On Aug 10, 2012
Like how much will it cost me all2geda wen entering for computer science {i.e} school fees e.t.c? And wen wil d undergraduate for close
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jossy26: 11:24am On Aug 10, 2012
@omokayz, I am sure you know the schools website, www.noun.edu.ng. All the answers to your questions are there, don't be lazy man

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Holyrule(m): 12:36pm On Aug 10, 2012
sholly001: if i want to enter now to study communication technology. where can i use the degree certificate to work.thanks
you can work anywhere. So long u have ur BSc Cert. These days its not all about department you graduate in, its all about having a good cert.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Holyrule(m): 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
OmokayZ: Like how much will it cost me all2geda wen entering for computer science {i.e} school fees e.t.c? And wen wil d undergraduate for close
budget at least 55k to see you through with course registration, school fees and first semester exams registration.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by igubesteve(m): 1:50pm On Aug 10, 2012
Pls, when will the registration for this year going to be over?.Pls i need an answer so urgent co's i have printed out admission letter b4 i traved to where i am now,so i want to know so that i will know hw to manage my time.Pls txt or email me on igubesteve@yahoo.com.Phone 07039302461.pls i don't want to miss the chance
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by primateayoola(m): 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2012
pls any criminology and security studies student in here? I reali need some help.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
primate ayoola: pls any criminology and security studies student in here? I reali need some help.
Ask your question and we are here to amswer your question, atleast. If your question is beyond ours we would help you ask out from our centres.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
pls when wil d registratn ends? Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (1579) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.