Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3474099 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Owk.. Hence 100L stdnts has to register 10 compulsary 2 credit unit courses we can say one has to pay additional 30k[course reg + exam fee] making it 52,500 in the beginning of a semester[bsc comp sci FRESH stdnt].. Is that correct? pls tel me if my stats is wrong.
i dont think you are wrong. but you can still reduce or increase it as you like. the only fee you can price is compulsory fee. guy you are right!.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by WHees(m): 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2013
Takoro13:
i dont think you are wrong. but you can still reduce or increase it as you like. the only fee you can price is compulsory fee. guy you are right!.

Ehn, 52k abi.. anyway what matters most is quality of the ed. So all in all a comp sci stdnt has 2 pay almost 100k per session[app form + 2nd semester fee inclusive] nawa o.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afroman23: 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2013
Takoro13:
tma mean tutors marked assignment. you are going to do atleast 3 out of four. the sum of the 3 would stand for your continues assessmeent which is the 30% of your total marks. we are just at the beggining of first semester so if you have the admission now you are with us, let go. we know the begining but no one can say the end. sessions before now the school xperienced plight in terms of acreditation and that tend on the whole programmebut now we are expecting 3 to 4 month a semester.

Thanks for your help.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Damselnoni(f): 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
kekakuz: Hello y people. This forum has been most helpful to me. Thank u all.
Guys I want to know wen course registration will end for Τ̲̅ђέ second semester and Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω will I know courses I have to re register incase of cary over..thanks ever dependable pals
if u are a mass comm student,dont reg law100.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Ehn, 52k abi.. anyway what matters most is quality of the ed. So all in all a comp sci stdnt has 2 pay almost 100k per session[app form + 2nd semester fee inclusive] nawa o.
in second semester you pay 2500 inplace of 22500. and in subsequent first semesters you are going to pay 15500 and second semesters you pay 2500 only. are you with me
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2013
Takoro13:
some times you need a little moderators or word editors. now tell me what a transcript is. the most knowledgeable of the house.

If he wants a transcript, he should have it.Am getting mine by October.You can google the meaning.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
siddiq202: ^^In addition to that

Thank u my brother!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by WHees(m): 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2013
Takoro13:
in second semester you pay 2500 inplace of 22500. and in subsequent first semesters you are going to pay 15500 and second semesters you pay 2500 only. are you with me

Chaii, i thought payment of compulsary fee[reg] has to be done in d beginning of a session only, what is d 2500 meant for?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Chaii, i thought payment of compulsary fee[reg] has to be done in d beginning of a session only, what is d 2500 meant for?

That is for 2nd semester compulsory fee.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
afroman23:

Thanks for your help.

U said u didn't see my post on TMA....u better brace up.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by WHees(m): 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by WHees(m): 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2013
ferdimako:

That is for 2nd semester compulsory fee.

Thanks.. And pls if i may ask, is there refund after payment? As in getting back my e-wallet balance 2 my bank account.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by siddiq202(m): 11:13pm On Apr 02, 2013
Takoro13 and ferdimako, take it easy guys.
@ferdimako, I think takoro13 responded to someone that asked whether he will be admitted for pgd (or is it masters?) without presenting his transcript during screening and he (takoro13) answered that he will be admitted as long as he has NYSC certificate.

You guys contributions here are laudable... Please let it slide. Thanks

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oxytocin712: 11:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
Takoro13:
you have 3 months for pgd but can still be adjust as you like. chech www.noun.edu.ng for fees. no transcript but discharge certificate.
Thanks have check but can't what i want, but pls how much did you pay.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oxytocin712: 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
Takoro13:
you have 3 months for pgd but can still be adjust as you like. chech www.noun.edu.ng for fees. no transcript but discharge certificate.
Thanks have check but can't what i want, but pls how much did you pay.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 03, 2013
siddiq202: Takoro13 and ferdimako, take it easy guys.
@ferdimako, I think takoro13 responded to someone that asked whether he will be admitted for pgd (or is it masters?) without presenting his transcript during screening and he (takoro13) answered that he will be admitted as long as he has NYSC certificate.

You guys contributions here are laudable... Please let it slide. Thanks

Okay.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 03, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Thanks.. And pls if i may ask, is there refund after payment? As in getting back my e-wallet balance 2 my bank account.

I don't think so unless you're graduating. Check ur bill before u pay in at the bank.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by WHees(m): 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2013
ferdimako:

I don't think so unless you're graduating. Check ur bill before u pay in at the bank.

How about textbooks? Is the pdf ones available in the courseware/e-library sufficient ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by macmos(m): 2:42pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hey here! NOUN ibadan study centre has fully resumed for the semester n my department shd start it intensive lecture on monday.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afangide(m): 4:45pm On Apr 03, 2013
This thread has really updated me. Pls I want to know how long my admission would still be valid, I registered and got admission online but Asap am not in the country am hoping to come back by May. Will I still meet up the admission process? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

How about textbooks? Is the pdf ones available in the courseware/e-library sufficient ?

Yep if u hav a p with those, u can still demand for d physical ones if they are there or from mates and pals. The physical books are rarely there though.Some folks print off those PDFs and roll on.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
afangide: This thread has really updated me. Pls I want to know how long my admission would still be valid, I registered and got admission online but Asap am not in the country am hoping to come back by May. Will I still meet up the admission process? Thanks in anticipation.

Yep.May is still pretty close.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hapholahbi: 5:09pm On Apr 03, 2013
Pls do Law graduate from noun proceed to Law School. I mean are they admitted in nig law sch.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Abiolabalogun(m): 5:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
Xsolutions: Please any student of Data Management in the house
How many did you register?
pls i have ND in statistics n am intending 2 obtain noun form 4 data management wch i think is d same thing as stat,pls am i gud 2 go,n wats d challenges i might encounter 4 study dis course, thanx.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by WHees(m): 5:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
ferdimako:

Yep if u hav a p with those, u can still demand for d physical ones if they are there or from mates and pals. The physical books are rarely there though Some folks print off those PDFs and roll on.

I thought as much, my state stud counselor say i wil be dashed 4 books[out of 10 imagine] after i register, but i dnt tink i will jst rely on them or the pdf ones, i will steadfastly strive and get as many as i can 4rm the net or 4rm frnds attending conventional unis, the most shocking tin is dos pdf files contain gross typographical errors and the images are not well sketched or not available at ol.

www.nairaland.com/1199966/maths-homework-please#14441217

Visit the above link and see one of them.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Abiolabalogun(m): 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
Pls I hav ND upper credit in statistics n am intending 2 obtain noun form bt my ques is dis since noun is nt doin statistic can I choose data management or wat course do u think is match wit statistics.I dnt like com science,tanx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Shexy1983: 7:25pm On Apr 03, 2013
Am back.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

I thought as much, my state stud counselor say i wil be dashed 4 books[out of 10 imagine] after i register, but i dnt tink i will jst rely on them or the pdf ones, i will steadfastly strive and get as many as i can 4rm the net or 4rm frnds attending conventional unis, the most shocking tin is dos pdf files contain gross typographical errors and the images are not well sketched or not available at ol.

www.nairaland.com/1199966/maths-homework-please#14441217

Visit the above link and see one of them.

I don't have to view the link.I dwelt with that during my days. Pls do not rely on what u get outside NOUN.They are just for richer knowledge. If your remaining 6 are online, download and manage.That's the way the cookie crumbles for now.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afangide(m): 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
ferdimako:

Yep.May is still pretty close.
pls when will lectures begin for the new intakes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ifejikachioma: 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
Please I'm applying for masters in science Education. I waant to know the requirements and also the courses how many of them. Will aalso like to know the school fees how much is it? And also how many yrs for the masters too. Pls ferdimako and takoro ur replys are needed. ASAP
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 04, 2013
afangide: pls when will lectures begin for the new intakes

Which lectures? Go get ur materials online or otherwise and begin studying.It's mainly self-taught!

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.