Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,882 members, 7,806,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (844) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3472411 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by talk2odoh(m): 7:07pm On Apr 25, 2018
CuteTolex:

go to load wallet and try and generate a remita code, when you get to that page, click on remita mobile, it will automatically take u to a page, when you get to that page, if you are using a Pc, check the lower part of ur system by the battery side, u will see an icon for chat, click on it and start chatting immediately, i believe the same process works for phone as well
God bless you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by loyedammy: 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2018
what happend to the study centre at Ikeja...........
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hollayemy89: 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2018
Clarify your request. In term of what They are Lagos Study Centre and relocated to former Head Office in V/Island
loyedammy:
what happend to the study centre at Ikeja...........
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Gentile700: 9:12am On Apr 26, 2018
Gentile700:
I'm hearing that pgd business administration has added 3 more courses to the 8 already registered courses for the semester, how true is this?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 26, 2018
Anthonyo15:
Good morning all

This post might be a long one, most useful to new students. It in response to FAQ I get on a daily basis. I will be putting you through how to navigate through the school site.

There are two NOUN official sites which are nouonline.net which is the students and staff portal. nouedu.net which is the information portal.

As a new student after you get your matric number the first thing you need to do is to confirm your portal and generate a password.

Go to nouonline.net click on student login, then click on register. Fill the necessary details and submit, once you see successful you can then login with your matric number and the new password you just created.
Matric number is written as NOU follow by 9 digit numbers (NOU120111111)

Once you login it advisable you upload your passport please if you not so good with this seek help, I can help you with it distance is not a barrier in NOUN. The passport you upload must show your face well and mind you it is what you will use throughout your stay, it can't be changed.

HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR PASSPORT IN YOUR PORTAL

1. Snap yourself or your passport with a good camera phone.
2. Save it with your matric number and extension jpg or png. e.g NOU123456789.jpg or NOU123456789.png. The "NOU" must be upper case.
3. Then go to your portal. Log in. Then click on upload your passport.
4. On the new page, click "Choose file".
5. Choose the passport you had saved with your matric.
6. Then click on submit.
It would tell you passport successfully uploaded.
Log out then log in to see your passport in your profile

After this if you have your money the next is to generate remita code you want to use to pay.

Note for each payment you are making a new remita must be created and I will advice you create the remita code the day you want to pay, it safer that way, also you can pay your fee in installment

HOW TO GENERATE REMITA PIN IN NOUN {RRR}

To generate rrr, log in to ur portal, click on manage wallet, select load wallet, ones it opens, u will see a page with ur full name and email address, enter ur phone number, the amount u want to pay, select payment type,
if u are paying the money in the bank, use bank branch as ur payment type., then click on pay, it will direct u to where u will see your rrr pin.

If you are paying to the bank just copy the rrr code written in this form 1234-5678-9123 and take it to the bank. Please make sure your money reflect before you loss the code and also make sure you use a valid email when generating the code cos a copy will be sent to your mail for reference purpose. If you trust people I can help you do online payment that won't stress you but it base on trust o

Next is to confirm your payment

AFTER PAYMENT INTO THE BANK, FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO MAKE YOUR PAID FUNDS REFLECT IN THE PORTAL

(Note that some times, you may have to wait till the next day to ensure that Remita has responded to NOUN. Depending on the bank branch, some payments may take up to two days to reach NOUN from Remita and in such cases, the error report you get is "No positive response yet from Remita".)

1. Log on to www.nouonline.net
2. Before you login, click on "RRR Check"
3. Type in your RRR and then select "Wallet Funding" as your payment type.
4. MAKE SURE THAT YOU TYPE THE RRR WITHOUT THE HYPHEN (DASHES) JUST TYPE ORDINARY NUMBERS AND REMOVE THOSE DASHES
5. It will tell you "Transaction Successful".
6. Then log into your portal
7. Click on "Manage Wallet" and then Click on "Check wallet Payments"
8. Then insert the RRR in the space provided and submit

After being successful with this, your money should reflect in your portal instantly. Then you can go ahead with your Semester Registration, Course Registration and Exam Registration (in that order). To register those three stuffs, click on "Registration" in your portal. I trust you can find your way from here. FOR REGISTRATION, ENSURE YOU USE ONLY GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER. (Chrome is no more the best for now)

Once you done with your registration you print out the Registration and exam slips 3 copies each. Take the course registration slip to your study centre and collect available materials if you don't get all you can print or download the rest through this link

http://nouedu.net/courseware

Also even if you have not paid yet you can get your materials through the link and start reading

After this start reading cos most centre don't have tutorial, you are on your own.(INDEPENDENT LEARNER)

Then you wait for TMA to start.

TMA stands for TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT. It serves as a TEST, carries 30marks and each COURSE has its own TMA questions (objectives) A COURSE TMA is divided into 4 i.e TMA 1 - 4. Each carries 10marks and the maximum score a student can achieve from the TMAs is 30marks i.e the best 3 of the four TMAs will be selected as your total score and will be added to your exam score. Maximum Exam score carries 70marks.
When the time comes I assist with TMA so you can have the best mark

When you done with TMA you then wait for exam. Exam are in two part
POP known as pen on paper it for students from 300 and above, it comes up first for about a month, this semester will start by July.
After POP E-exam starts this is a computer based exam for 100-200 level students, it also last for about a month.

Note Macharthony online solutions is always ready to help you out with anything concerning NOUN without you leaving your comfort zone and distance is not a barrier. We have been doing this for the past 5 years and no complain from our client we always deliver

You can chat me up or call me through this number 08185025045

Just stay on this platform and you will be glad you did.
You get all necessary information you need from here

Thanks
Signed Macharthony
please what courses should I register .
Bsc Information Technology 100 level
First semester .
Or is it all the courses listed there I need to add?
Please anyone respond ASAP .
God bless you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 26, 2018
NOUNPortal:
Learn How To Generate Remita RRR Code for NOUN Admission and School Fees Payment

GENERATE RRR CODE

See New Update to the National Open University Courses 2018
https://www.nounportal.com.ng/p/national-open-university-courses.html

National Open University 2018 Registration Procedures

LOGIN / REGISTER AT Nouonline Portal

Download National Open University Course Materials
https://www.nounportal.com.ng/p/download-noun-course-materials.html
Kazrem:

Vitusofficial1:
Do you want to gain admission in the NOUN and not sure of the accredited courses. Click on the link below to view list of all accredited courses in the national open university of Nigeria. Thanks
https://www.gistlord.com/here-is-the-list-of-all-accredited-courses-in-national-open-university-of-nigeria/
First semester .
God bless you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:44am On Apr 26, 2018
�Online service still remains as follows

�Payment of school fees via online banking and bank branch

�TMA assistance

�Past questions

�Passport uploading

�Course and exam registration

�Apply for Admission

�Soft and hard copy of course materials

�All NOUN related issue

Our online service is still very much intact and we are here to serve you better .
All these can be done without you leaving your comfort zone.

Macharthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2018
FishLegs:
First semester .
God bless you

CHECK UR COURSE OUTLINE BEFORE REGISTERING
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Moshood01: 9:56am On Apr 26, 2018
Hello, NOUN PGDE 2018 whatsapp groups ...
Please drop your phone line to add you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 26, 2018
Anthonyo15:

CHECK UR COURSE OUTLINE BEFORE REGISTERING
thank you for responding sir.
But where and how do I check that?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by CuteTolex(f): 10:27am On Apr 26, 2018
talk2odoh:

God bless you.

u are most welcome, i hope it works for u
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by CuteTolex(f): 10:29am On Apr 26, 2018
what happens when you have more than what you pay in your wallet and you use it all to register your courses
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NOUNPortal: 10:30am On Apr 26, 2018
Current List of Accredited Courses of the National Open University of Nigeria

https://www.nounportal.com.ng/p/university-accredited-courses.html

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 26, 2018
NOUNPortal:
Current List of Accredited Courses of the National Open University of Nigeria

https://www.nounportal.com.ng/p/university-accredited-courses.html
I thought all NOUn courses are NUC accredited?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 10:44am On Apr 26, 2018
FishLegs:
thank you for responding sir.
But where and how do I check that?
Go to nouedu.net, click on Study with us. Under it, choose registrable courses. Enter your faculty and level and then submit. There you will see both first and second semester registrable courses for your department.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 26, 2018
Kazrem:

Go to nouedu.net, click on Study with us. Under it, choose registrable courses. Enter your faculty and level and then submit. There you will see both first and second semester registrable courses for your department.
I’ll do that.
Thanks you very much
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2018
NEWS UPDATE

Students who are yet to submit their Research Project Topics can do that today as they'd be assigned to a supervisor immediately.

For Lagos Study Centre

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2018
How long till we get our results outta this bitch(noun)?? To

4 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by successking401(m): 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2018
Kazrem:

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nounonline: 2:36pm On Apr 26, 2018
It’s fun. Take this National Open University Quiz to measure how well you know about the National open university of Nigeria, having 10 beautiful questions we believed all the National Open University students must have known.

https://nouonlineportal.com/how-well-do-you-know-about-the-national-open-university/

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2018
NOUN Law Graduates Meet DSS, Suspend Proposed Protest

The Directorate of State Security (DSS) on Wednesday met with the Chairman, Law Graduates Forum (LGF) of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) over a proposed nationwide protest by members of the Forum. ‎

Mr. Carl Umegboro, Chairman LGF, briefed newsmen after the meeting with the Director-General, Mr. Lawal Daura, which held at the DSS headquarters in Abuja.‎

Umegboro said the DSS got a tip on the law graduates’ proposed nationwide and invited them for a chat.

He said the proposed protest and civil unrest followed the students’ continued delay in getting admission quota for vocational training in the Nigerian Law School five years after their graduation.

Umegboro stated that the meeting was a cordial and proactive measure towards finding a permanent solution to the crisis, which had brought untold hardship to the NOUN law graduates and capable of threatening national security.

‎According to him, documents presented at the meeting include the certified true copy of the judgment by which the court hands-off the matter to the academia to resolve and the forum’s subsequent correspondences to the three academic bodies.

“The bodies include the National Universities Commission (NUC), Council of Legal Education (CLE) and the Federal Ministry of Education.

“Unfortunately, the issue has remained untreated and the predicament has advanced to multidimensional discriminations.

“Particularly, the state and federal universities’ rejections of NOUN law graduates for Master of Laws (LL.M) degree programme, while awaiting the resolution of the crisis.”‎

READ MORE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Moshood01: 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hello, NOUN PGDE 2018 drop your phone line for whatsapp group!!!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by toask111: 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2018
I need clarification on

1} I registered and started MSC program in year 2014 and I finished a semester but due to financial constraints I couldn't continue. Now I'm about to continue I av been to the ICT dept at my study center and I have been readded to continue the program.

2} the concern am having is, will my passed courses in 2014 be added to my overall unit I need to do before I can graduate in NOU. Though I have registered all THE {5...} COMPULSORY 2nd semester courses I saw in my portal today. Or I need to register for the course again?

3} And lastly, I discovered that the history of all the money I paid into my e-wallet for registration of course in 2014 didn't show on the e-wallet I printed today. Though the ICT man told me I shouldn't worry about the history cos the NOU site is a new one.

Please I need advice. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mkmoney(m): 10:26pm On Apr 26, 2018
FishLegs:
I thought all NOUn courses are NUC accredited?
LOL this one weak me
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
Mkmoney:

LOL this one weak me
huh?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 1:27am On Apr 27, 2018
toask111:
I need clarification on

1} I registered and started MSC program in year 2014 and I finished a semester but due to financial constraints I couldn't continue. Now I'm about to continue I av been to the ICT dept at my study center and I have been readded to continue the program.

2} the concern am having is, will my passed courses in 2014 be added to my overall unit I need to do before I can graduate in NOU. Though I have registered all THE {5...} COMPULSORY 2nd semester courses I saw in my portal today. Or I need to register for the course again?

3} And lastly, I discovered that the history of all the money I paid into my e-wallet for registration of course in 2014 didn't show on the e-wallet I printed today. Though the ICT man told me I shouldn't worry about the history cos the NOU site is a new one.

Please I need advice. Thanks
1. Welcome back.

2. You don't need to. They will be added.

3. He his right. We have moved away from cyberspace to NOUMIS.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by elmisti(m): 6:25am On Apr 27, 2018
good morning, i am through with admission screening and tried funding my wallet using my atm card. its past 7hours now and my wallet is still reading zero balance. although have received a transaction notification in my mail. do i need to do somrthing else?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SkiddyDoc: 6:43am On Apr 27, 2018
This Result sef.....Is it missing? How long do we have to wait for? How can you register as a returning student without knowledge of your previous score? Standards

6 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by whyteboyz03(m): 8:53am On Apr 27, 2018
Good morning all. Pls how do I apply at NOUN and what are the requirements?

Thanks in advance
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by skillzlujan(m): 9:02am On Apr 27, 2018
REMITA IS DOWN!!!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nounonline: 9:15am On Apr 27, 2018
National Open University 2019/2020 School Fees Update

https://nationalopenuniversity.com.ng/national-open-university-school-fees/

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funkybabee(f): 9:19am On Apr 27, 2018
skillzlujan:
REMITA IS DOWN!!!!

Keep trying,it's might be ur network I did it this morning

(1) (2) (3) ... (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.