Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Short Story Competition - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story Competition (41520 Views)

Short Story Competition - <<Nuges11 wins!!!!>> / Commonwealth Short Story Competition / 2008-9 Commonwealth Short Story Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Short Story Competition by kingphilip(m): 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

How you carry know wetin dey my mind angry

foxy u no tell us say all the noise wey u de make since to be judge na to come vote girls ba
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
kingphilip:

foxy u no tell us say all the noise wey u de make since to be judge na to come vote girls ba

You dey fear ni? I dey the list from the beginning, HBG just dey look for my trouble and I been dey play with her o.

Another thing, wetin make you think say I dey trip for babe wey be writer? angry
Re: Short Story Competition by Ishilove: 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
Kai, you pipo should stop frightening the writers na... angry

Dear writers, just so you know, when we criticise, we criticise out of love, so please, just let your creativity flow. Don't overdo and underdo. Be yourself.

And READ READ READ, because from reading other people's works, you eventually build your own distinct style.

I, Just like other writers here who are on the judge's panel, will not be merciful. I shall call a spade a spade. I shall rip your work to pieces if it deserves it, and shall praise if it deserves it. Just remember that we are doing it out of love and a desire to see you get better.

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by kingphilip(m): 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

You dey fear ni? I dey the list from the beginning, HBG just dey look for my trouble and I been dey play with her o.

Another thing, wetin make you think say I dey trip for babe wey be writer? angry
me neva begin write o so i no de fear anybody

na u say u de vote 4 girl now i no weda u don de eye one
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
Writers, Ishilove, Repogirl and Princesa are going to give you a run for the recharge cards so good luck, me sef I dey fear them o sad

2 Likes

Re: Short Story Competition by Oahray: 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ishilove: Kai, you pipo should stop frightening the writers na... angry

Dear writers, just so you know, when we criticise, we criticise out of love, so please, just let your creativity flow. Don't overdo and underdo. Be yourself.

And READ READ READ, because from reading other people's works, you eventually build your own distinct style.

I, Just like other writers here who are on the judge's panel, will not be merciful. I shall call a spade a spade. I shall rip your work to pieces if it deserves it, and shall praise if it deserves it. Just remember that we are doing it out of love and a desire to see you get better.
*shudders*
*another shudder on behalf of the contestants*
*another shudder for shuddering so much* shocked

2 Likes

Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
Foxy, can I trust you on this?

Rap Maestro you don't have a complete story right?

Neduzze you don't have none either?

Vantee you got a completed story here?

Dygeasy you got one?

I have to pick only one person from this list.
Re: Short Story Competition by Dygeasy(m): 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Foxy, can I trust you on this?

Dygeasy you got one?

I Don't ... *covers face*

But I Could Suffice As A... #youknowwhat#
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
Dygeasy: I Don't ... *covers face*

But I Could Suffice As A... #youknowwhat#
Next season then wink
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 10:15pm On Sep 23, 2013

Dygeasy you got one?

Heyyiii *in mexican accent* You can trust me na.. And stop talking bout trust cos datz one of the criteria of my being selected in the first place.

Forget bout my multiple monikers, I am as good to go in this competition as you. Why sef do you chose me if you know you would end up asking me this question. See... I don vex.

Apologize now!!!
Re: Short Story Competition by chistar01(m): 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Ok, please confirm your availability if your name is on this list thanks, it is a list of Judges, people who have finished stories on this section.

Chistar

Available.
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
chistar01: Available.
got finished material?
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Heyyiii *in mexican accent* You can trust me na.. And stop talking bout trust cos datz one of the criteria of my being selected in the first place.

Forget bout my multiple monikers, I am as good to go in this competition as you. Why sef do you chose me if you know you would end up asking me this question. See... I don vex.

Apologize now!!!
Remember how you caused wahala @ the NDC joint
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 10:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Remember how you caused wahala @ the NDC joint

Why are you using ''you''? We caused wahala. So.. Put that behind, apologize and let us move on.
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Why are you using ''you''? We caused wahala. So.. Put that behind, apologize and let us move on.
you will get the slot next season wink

How's that?

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by chistar01(m): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: got finished material?
errr... This was your statement ยป
people who have finished stories on this section.

undecided
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 4:40am On Sep 24, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: you will get the slot next season wink

How's that?

Who the fuc'' cares? Take me out totally. Instead of bringing this sh't out in public, what stopped you using the PM button?

I will fold my hand and watch, when I see undeserving peeps as judges, you will hear from me.
Re: Short Story Competition by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 24, 2013
Me sef dey interested, pls add me up
Re: Short Story Competition by tflow2(m): 6:59am On Sep 24, 2013
Una good morin o. Abeg chance dey for late comer so? @Mazi!! *waving*
Re: Short Story Competition by kanechimex(m): 8:16am On Sep 24, 2013
can I join too?
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 8:25am On Sep 24, 2013
kanechimex: can I join too?

t-flow:
Una good morin o. Abeg chance dey for late comer so? @Mazi!! *waving*

Of course, as long as you can meet up with the deadline for submission; I trust that you will. You're welcome; I will update the list of contestants to include your names.
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 8:48am On Sep 24, 2013
At regular writers; I really appreciate your willingness to participate in this competition. I'm awed at your spontaneity in responding to this clarion call; I will always remain grateful. The coordinator made me understand that she's willing to work with fewer judges than I had anticipated. Left for me, I would have thrown it open for all, but she has a valid reason to restrict the number; at least for this maiden edition of the competition.

If it happens that she didn't include your name as a judge for this particular edition, please don't feel left out. In subsequent editions, I trust that you will surely be included.

Thanks.
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:55am On Sep 24, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Who the fuc'' cares? Take me out totally. Instead of bringing this sh't out in public, what stopped you using the PM button?

I will fold my hand and watch, when I see undeserving peeps as judges, you will hear from me.
if you have noticed, I have been doing it all in public.
Re: Short Story Competition by Rapmaestro(m): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:

still doesn't make me a newbie tho... Erm infact, i have a completed one.. CAN MY DIFFERENT WAY WORK
Re: Short Story Competition by Neduzze5(m): 9:14am On Sep 24, 2013

Dygeasy you got one?

I was only joking oh... I no get time to come dey write another story. In fact, my head has been blank for weeks now and will continue to be blank for some few more weeks {although it will take a break from blankness on the judging day tongue} so I'll rather be a judge. Thank you.

I hope contestants will take note of spacing.
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 9:26am On Sep 24, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: if you have noticed, I have been doing it all in public.

Seriously, I was angry when I spat that stuff out. I take it back. I just reasoned the whole thing as it will be better if there are few judges so there won't be any compromise. I will seat among the audience and cheer my head off. Infact, na babes go get my cheer and support pass.

We good right? You know you are like a "sister" to me.
Re: Short Story Competition by Ishilove: 10:13am On Sep 24, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Seriously, I was angry when I spitted that stuff out. I take it back. I just reasoned the whole thing as it will be better if there are few judges so there won't be any compromise. I will seat among the audience and cheer my head off. Infact, na babes go get my cheer and support pass.

We good right? You know you are like a "sister" to me.
Kai, Foxy!!
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 10:26am On Sep 24, 2013
Ishilove:
Kai, Foxy!!

Ishilove, I have tried o... I no fit shout abeg grin
Re: Short Story Competition by princesa(f): 10:31am On Sep 24, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:
Writers, Ishilove, Repogirl and Princesa are going to give you a run for the recharge cards so good luck, me sef I dey fear them o sad
hehehe...
fear not for the Lord is with us grin
Re: Short Story Competition by VanTee20(m): 10:49am On Sep 24, 2013

Dygeasy you got one?

Yes ma'am. I do have a completed story here, but I can't categorically assure you of my availability yet undecided undecided.
Re: Short Story Competition by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Of course, as long as you can meet up with the deadline for submission; I trust that you will. You're welcome; I will update the list of contestants to include your names.
I indicated my interest but you didn't add me up. Why?
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
I indicated my interest but you didn't add me up. Why?

Sorry, was doing some background checks on your handle. I will add it now. You're welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply)

Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story / Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. / The Madam At The Top

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.