Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

"Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward (9481 Views)

Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi / Graphic Photos Of Kidnappers Shot Dead By Security Operatives In Anambra State / Picture & Names Of Kidnappers Of Osun Speaker’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by creativemusic: 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
Our President what is your opinion about this? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin what are you doing sir? is not just getting an office but to do what is right to the people, to the masses and youth , not to some few people that you know sir grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Jusmudi(m): 2:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
Wu nor go, nor knw. Ist page tins
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Bizibi(m): 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
Haba some people are funny,how can u click a thread,scroll down,click on reply, write rubbish without reading it

3 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Chrisdavis: 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
From this write up i supposed,the man in question have seen for himself the friendly atmosphere here in Nigeria. No country is without the bad edge but its high time we stop giving a bad image of our dear country or over emphasizing on the bad areas.else foreigners will be hurling insult to our dear country.on this note we must accept the fact that no place is like home.love people,loveAfrica,love Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by NosaHenry(m): 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
@op, i think your caption is actually the opposite of Hayward impression. In as much as there are bad examples in Nigeria as well as elsewhere in the world. He was pleasantly surprised at the level of hospitality he received and his preconceived impression erased.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
Obviously, most of you guys did not read the article.
SUMMARY FOR DUMMIES:
The oyinbo was mis-informed about Nigeria being a bad country, when he got here, he realized that it isn't as bad as he was informed.

4 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
adeaugustus: Obviously, most of you guys did not read the article.
SUMMARY FOR DUMMIES:
The oyinbo was mis-informed about Nigeria being a bad country, when he got here, he realized that it isn't as bad as he was informed.

You have to forgive readers, Nollywood has not made analyzing stories easy for them

3 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
This just proves that some people just read the title of a thread and go straight to posting comments.

@OP and MOD, please save yourselves the embarrassment and properly caption this thread.

@topic, am I the only one that is enjoying this Brit's narrative style?
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Mexyz(m): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
So more than 15-20 nairalanders jst replied without even readn d content? These re the people dat want to reclaim naija 4rm d so calld clueless nd retard Jonathan? I dnt even knw if we d citizens re d clueless ones or d leaders.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by naptu2: 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2013
The guy wrote that caption to get the attention of people who can not see anything good in Nigeria. I hoped that the thread would get to the front page because I wanted to see how many people will comment without reading the article. I was not disappointed. smiley

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by collynzo2(m): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
The title is completely different from the article, Fûck the OP, fûck the mod who brought it to front page, fûck Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by yashau(m): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
If u ask me, who I go ask!! Big
nd plenty lies.

Naija sabi believe in lie oooooo shai.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by ThaProphet(m): 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2013
A lot of people did not even bother reading the article before commenting? That's actually very silly of you.

The title may "sound" misleading but you will notice that it is in quote which suggests that you SHOULD not conclude based on just the title.

This man seemed to have enjoyed his stay in Nigeria. Just like most white people do (except those unfortunate enough to get kidnapped). It is unfortunate though that most residents don't get to enjoy Nigeria the same way foreigners do.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
The dumb Op or Mod should change the title na, totally misleading
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by naptu2: 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
The title reflects the advice he got.

The advice fell into two camps:
a) Don’t go, you’ll get kidnapped or catch malaria. Either way, you’re going to die

b) Nigeria is a nightmare. When you arrive, you’ll be swamped by hustlers trying to rip you off, steal your luggage and all your money. If they don’t get you, the corrupt police officers and officials will.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by collynzo2(m): 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
This thread is helping us to know those who comment without reading the articles. Someone please list the culprits for me.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Evestar200(f): 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
@O.P,,,the title is totally different 4rm what u posted
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by chreldb(m): 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
MOD's Please for the sake of your credibility I advice that you change the title of this thread. This article has gone relatively viral. I personally have read it in other newspapers and websites. The title of the article is in contradiction to its content and I think that is an irresponsible misrepresentation.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by naptu2: 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
I hope that they do not change the title. The title is appropriate.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by MrCork: 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
...1000,00,0000% true..u cant find me in that place (no oofeinse) angry
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by collynzo2(m): 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
naptu2: I hope that they do not change the title. The title is appropriate.
Someone might do a google search about Nigeria and this headline pops up, not everyone will have the time to read further, what image of Nigeria will such a person have? Remember Nairaland has a very strong Google presence. The title should be changed!

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by naptu2: 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
collynzo2: Someone might do a google search about Nigeria and this headline pops up, not everyone will have the time to read further, what image of Nigeria will such a person have? Remember Nairaland has a very strong Google presence. The title should be changed!

Anybody who does that is already dumb and I don't think anything will be able to cure the person's problems.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by tawa89(f): 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2013
pheyikemi: I wish our politicians will read this. cry
just like this poster above me, 90% of the people that commented on this thread didn't read it. Why is it so difficult for Nigerian youths to read? Nawa oo. Oga go back and read the thread again..... The title is slightly 'paradoxical' to ignite your curiosity and get your attention.
@OP vintage Asaba and Onitsha.......they are the future!
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by prettyify(f): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
To be Honest....I love this write up, it cracked me up grin
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by babakol(m): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
they have their problems too.....hypocrites.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by naptu2: 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
tawa89: just like this poster above me, 90% of the people that commented on this thread didn't read it. Why is it so difficult for Nigerian youths to read? Nawa oo. Oga go back and read the thread again..... The title is slightly 'paradoxical' to ignite your curiosity and get your attention.
@OP vintage Asaba and Onitsha.......they are the future!

+100
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by naptu2: 2:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
I like what he wrote about Asaba Airport. There was an improvement every time he passed through it.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by spacebus: 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
well its clear that Nigeria is a victim of baseless and unfounded propaganda because the west wants to always be in control...Tnk God some westerners are honest wink
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by oluamid(m): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
When journalists caption stories, they do so in order to grab the reader's attention at the shortest possible time, hence the writer's caption. I'm sure the caption was what drove most of us to this thread, expecting to read gory tales about Nigeria but we were spectacularly disappointed.

Its a very good technique, obviously.

PS: Some people commenting didn't bother to read the full article.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by AntiSerious: 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
3ace: I like his wife courageous response.
ahh.......his wife would have enough time with other men dats why she sent him away grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by peromosele: 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
The briton man spoke well about nigeria, but he didn,t come up with a good topic about nigeria. Because not every nigerians are kidnappers and not all politician are corrupt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Facts Behind Jelani Aliyu - Nigerian That Designed Electric Car / Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante / Vote Buying: Osun Traditionalists To Administer Oath On Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.