Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,843 members, 7,806,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Illustration Of Faith In Action - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Illustration Of Faith In Action (1628 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Camilla Mberekpe’s Confession: Is It African Magic Or Holy Spirit In Action? / Private Christian Universities: Faith In Deception? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Illustration Of Faith In Action by sidespin: 5:07am On Sep 17, 2013
ILLUSTRATION OF FAITH IN ACTION

Once while preaching in a small church, I got too warm. When I stepped outdoors after the service, my body was wet with perspiration. When the cold outdoor air hit me in the face, my throat started hurting, and by the time I reached the parking lot, I could hardly speak. The next day my chest started hurting and I couldn't speak above a whisper.

I started reading Scriptures on healing. With my Bible open before me, I prayed silently and said, "Lord, your Word tells me I am healed. If I asked my body if I were healed, the answer would be no. If I asked my feelings if I were healed, the answer would be no. If I were to ask the people around me if I were healed, they would say I was not.

"Your Word says God is truth and every man is a liar. So if I say I'm not healed, I am a liar. Your Word says that God cannot be. Romans 3:4 says, 'God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.' "When time came for the evening service, I stepped up to the micro-phone and said I wanted to thank God that I was healed. The congregation looked at me as if I were crazy, because I was barely whispering.

I began to tell them what the Word of God says about healing. I showed them from the Word that I was healed. I told them what God says is true and that if I said I wasn't healed, I would be lying. I told them that I wanted them to stand and praise God with me because I was healed. As we stood and began praising
God, I hadn't said "hallelujah" three times until my voice came back. Then I preached my sermon with a strong, clear voice. That night the congregation saw an illustration of faith in action. All we have to do is ask God for the things we want, and believe that we have them. (Kenneth E. Hagin)

1 Like

Re: Illustration Of Faith In Action by PastorOluT(m): 8:25am On Sep 17, 2013
Hmm, if only we exercise our faith more!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

....! / What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? / General Overseer Of Refinery Church Agree To Debate Daddy Freeze On National TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.