Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes (59987 Views)

What Caffeine Does To Our Systems / What Coke Does To Your Body In 1 Hour / Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by imperiouxx(m): 4:14am On Sep 18, 2013
saddler:
its now obvious that you either partially blind or your brain skips.
if this was not your case, you would have read my first post and saw that i already pointed it out.

This is my last reply to you. I was thinking you've a good knowledge in Biochem with those off-context-ridiculous terms you started with but not knowing you're just a jughead with big mouth. You pointed what out or you were busy spewing shiit and didn't have sense to know the whole write up was written to carry every audience along in simple terms...... And you want lecturers to resume in classes with this your kinda rusty IQ? Well, you should direct the remain question to your lecturers . What you got isn't what you demanded here and you're still a baby in Biochem (they are those that usually have diarrhoea of mouth in Biochemical terms)

2 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by texanomaly(f): 4:18am On Sep 18, 2013
druid06: Is it just me but does anyone else adds a little salt to 7up to get that bitter-sweet taste?
Hmmm...I'm going to try that.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by KA24DETT(m): 5:26am On Sep 18, 2013
imperiouxx:

And did I say it's the greatest risk factor for diabetes or majority of diabetes in US ARE ASSOCIATED with soda? Thought you know I stated in the next post that I was talking about DIABETES MELLITUS. And for this type of diabetes..... Yes sir/ma'am, sugar is the POTENTIAL risk factor.

Lolz..... Ok sir/ma'am seems you like to know that high blood sugar level (hyperglycemia) can contribute to increase in blood lipoproteins and eventually leads to hypertensive arteriosclerosis cardiovascular disease...... this is a fact. And is it too tortuous? cheesy

That's nutritional Biochem for you. A free journal is here for your perusal sir/ma'am: http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/26/6/869.full

So, is my claim right or not? grin

Yes sir/ma'am but in this context, we are only talking about soda and my reference was DIABETES MELLITUS.

YOU ARE Partial correct.
Coke ( most drinks including alcohol and redbull )causes high blood sugar which causes OBesity . Now OBesity causes diabetes.
The link you are missing is the obesity part.
Now. Diabetes mellitus type 1 is autoimmune. Diabetes mellitus type 2 is what you are refering about.
All in all. A skinny athletic dude with BM1 18-22 can drink 10 bottle of coke everyday and live an active lifestyle will not get diabetes mellitus type 2 BUT a fat joe that lives in kentucky who sits on the couch all day and drinks coke every minute has a high chance of getting diabetes. to be diabetic, coke is a factor not the deciding factor. In Scenario 2. The body is not making enough insulin to reduce the blood sugar or the body is very insensititve to insulin.
Thats why treatment of diabetes mellitus type 2 is oral hypoglycemic ingredient ( thalizenidionies, metformin , glyburide) and treatment of type 1 is Insulin. 2 different mechanism . 2 different treatment protocol.
Conclusion. Diabetes mellitus type 2 has coke as a slight risk factor. Coke ( high blood sugar ) is not the problem . rather , the CLEARING of that sugar from the blood .
COKE is a risk factor not the CAUSE of diabetes . 2 different meanings. I believe most people here are thinking that high blood sugar causes diabetes. It is a risk factor not the cause of diabetes

2 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by 3ace(m): 6:00am On Sep 18, 2013
simplemyk: Water is always preferable and d best weneva thirsty for liquid
Not all the time pal. There are times your body craves for something sweet. However, it shouldn't be everytime. Water is good though.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by ojimbo(m): 6:19am On Sep 18, 2013
Hmmmm

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by mrrhymes223: 6:25am On Sep 18, 2013
If coke kills what about fanta, sprite, mirinda, 7up, pepsi and lots more. Do they do to de body de same thing coke does? Justing asking oooo

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by GentleMimi: 6:55am On Sep 18, 2013
On a very hot day.....

Treks a long distance home frm work(traffic)

hungry die!....

Gets home and see a chilled bottle of coke in d fridge...

Settles down to drink...

Opens NL and sees dis topic....

Throws d phone away....
Gulps down d coke and adds water into d coke bottle and drinks!

2 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by leonshom(m): 7:11am On Sep 18, 2013
deols: I never liked coke anyway. The company should be bycotted ASaP.

Honey is a much better sweetener than sugar. With its other, albeit many unproven other uses, is highly recommended.
I neva liked honey anyway !
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 18, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

The sucrose it has is the healthy, natural type that comes with additional chemicals that clear free radicals (harmful body waste) from the body. The bad type is the sucrose found in industrial sugars used heavily in coke. Infact, I think, but am not sure, that sugarcane, is better than sugar processed from it.

good sucrose or bad sucrose do the same thing- they spike up your blood sugar level, which can be a health risk.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Dannyvoltron(m): 7:54am On Sep 18, 2013
And beer does even worse. There are more 'eternally' pregnant men than women these days
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by francisbiz: 7:59am On Sep 18, 2013
imperiouxx:

Do you care to know what warning is given in hospitals against drinking soda in Nigeria? In the US, majority of obesity, diabetes and hypertension are associated with soda. People who live healthy don't even take it or have stopped taking it here.

What's this silly maggot saying? Coca cola is a trade mark for an international product. If I put something up means you and I are both in the same country or I'm a marketer? Silly fool. You're just talking shiit without having any clue of the shiit you spew about. I'm a biochemist, I know about daily dietary requirement better than you do. And who says coke contains no tetraoxophosphate (V) acid. Your brain must be having shortage of nervous impulses. Check if coke contains phosphoric acid or not here idiiot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola

I love taking on goats like you.
As a Biochemist give us analysis based on your own test not linking us to analysis of other people!
Conduct your own research and get back to us; I know you obviously can't. Biochemist my foot.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by lomprico(m): 8:21am On Sep 18, 2013
Lie! Lie! Lie! All u agents of lacasera and seven-up will never win, coke has been in existence for over a century and is still waxing on. Why is it only coke dat is harmful? And if it is really harmful it would av been banned world wide. I see this as a cheap propaganda to kill d image of coke so that competitors will be d no. 1 soft drink sellers. Rubbish!
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by lomprico(m): 8:25am On Sep 18, 2013
GentleMimi: On a very hot day.....

Treks a long distance home frm work(traffic)

hungry die!....

Gets home and see a chilled bottle of coke in d fridge...

Settles down to drink...

Opens NL and sees dis topic....

Throws d phone away....
Gulps down d coke and adds water into d coke bottle and drinks!

Lol! Bros I Love u for this post! (I no b gay o!)
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by flymeup: 8:32am On Sep 18, 2013
I disagree with you because coke contains a lot of gas and sugar how then does it function in the body. please can you tell me, what is the different before coke and Pepsi?
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by GentleMimi: 8:35am On Sep 18, 2013
lomprico:
Lol! Bros I Love u for this post! (I no b gay o!)
no wahala...i'm a babe by d way.Lol! cheesy
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Lilimax(f): 8:54am On Sep 18, 2013
KA24DETT:

YOU ARE Partial correct.
Coke ( most drinks including alcohol and redbull )causes high blood sugar which causes OBesity . Now OBesity causes diabetes.
The link you are missing is the obesity part.
Now. Diabetes mellitus type 1 is autoimmune. Diabetes mellitus type 2 is what you are refering about.
All in all. A skinny athletic dude with BM1 18-22 can drink 10 bottle of coke everyday and live an active lifestyle will not get diabetes mellitus type 2 BUT a fat joe that lives in kentucky who sits on the couch all day and drinks coke every minute has a high chance of getting diabetes. to be diabetic, coke is a factor not the deciding factor. In Scenario 2. The body is not making enough insulin to reduce the blood sugar or the body is very insensititve to insulin.
Thats why treatment of diabetes mellitus type 2 is oral hypoglycemic ingredient ( thalizenidionies, metformin , glyburide) and treatment of type 1 is Insulin. 2 different mechanism . 2 different treatment protocol.
Conclusion. Diabetes mellitus type 2 has coke as a slight risk factor. Coke ( high blood sugar ) is not the problem . rather , the CLEARING of that sugar from the blood .
COKE is a risk factor not the CAUSE of diabetes . 2 different meanings. I believe most people here are thinking that high blood sugar causes diabetes. It is a risk factor not the cause of diabetes
Thanks for the clarification.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by jullary(m): 8:58am On Sep 18, 2013
njokusboy: If coke no kill person, beer go kill person, if beer no kill person wine go kill person, motor, gun accident, sumtin must kill person... Even rice fit kill sef, bone fit choke u till u die... The world is full of killers, you re dead already if u kip watching evrytin u swallow, I mean, what is life worth

My thought exactly!
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 18, 2013
I take three to five bottles of coke a day.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by lsomarh: 9:09am On Sep 18, 2013
Hmmmmmm!
imperiouxx: 1) In the first 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake) You don't immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor, allowing you to keep it down.

2) 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (And there’s plenty of that at this particular moment).

3) 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate; your blood pressure rises; as a response, your liver dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked, preventing drowsiness.

4) 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production, stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

5) (a) 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium, and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

(b) 60 minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium, and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolytes, and water.

(c) 60 minutes: As the rave inside you dies down, you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You've also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like hydrating your system, or building strong bones and teeth.

This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you’re a smoker) Want to know what happens after that? Check out what happens to your body after you drink a coke, every day for a long time.

Coke itself isn't the enemy here. It’s the dynamic combo of massive sugar doses combined with caffeine and phosphoric acid, which are found in almost all sodas.

Source: blisstree.com
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by lsomarh: 9:17am On Sep 18, 2013
I take seven bottles of drinks everyday n I am still kicking
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by kraftyiyk: 9:19am On Sep 18, 2013
My take?....whatever coke does to d body, pepsi also does same,cause they r made of similar constituents.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by kenjudy(m): 9:25am On Sep 18, 2013
odun4love: what about Fanta,Pepsi,or Miranda.....is it only coke?

And even la casera. That sugar sugar thingy. Abeg make una leave us alone wif all dis avoidance stuff b4 d foods go begin rejects us sef. And mods should begin to ban any write ups on avoidance of whatever foods. Some people get only those kinda foods as means of survival abeg.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by christiscomin: 9:34am On Sep 18, 2013
No wonder some of my muslim friends don't take coke.... So it kills little by little.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by christokuty: 9:51am On Sep 18, 2013
Taking coke not ma style don't wanna be lazy in bed.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by umuchie1: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2013
Pls at Op, i use to think that most of those drink are sugar free, if it contains sugar as highlighted, i believe many may have perished by now becos in every 10 persons, 5 are diabetic
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Burger01(m): 9:59am On Sep 18, 2013
Coke for where.. When McDowel and Amarula dey ground. cool
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by ibrokola(m): 10:00am On Sep 18, 2013
dominique: Well coke has been in existence for over a century and it has not been implicated as a direct cause of death of millions over the years. There used to be a tim ei took a bottle almost everyday but i've reduced my intake of soda all together.

Trust me, when you are a very large company with billions of dollars in the bank like tobacco companies, all you need is to bribe the right peeps and have lawyers! That way, no 1 will question your products!!!
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Lindajohn(f): 10:05am On Sep 18, 2013
What is coke, eayaa i no knw say coke na deadly deases oh, abeg what is coke? undecided
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Janeify(f): 10:09am On Sep 18, 2013
oh my Goodness......wat about pepsi n mirinda....am scared oshocked
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by mnaass(m): 10:16am On Sep 18, 2013
nonsense jor..me i drink coke as much as i can get it...there is this sudden burst of energy it gives me...drinking a coke ATM grin[color=#006600][/color]
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 18, 2013
Very useful remedy for low-blood sugar and low-blood pressure.. saving you some cash ... don't forget to add that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"MouthAction Is Dangerous" Gynaecologist Warns / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? / 91 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1273, 239 Discharged, 40 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.