Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:31 PM

Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY (14039 Views)

Saraki Hands Over To Ekweremadu / Buhari Meets With Julius Berger Board Of Directors (Photos) / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by taharqa: 8:16am On Sep 17, 2013
[size=18]ANOTHER PROMISE KEPT: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation[/size]

The rehabilitation of Abuja National Stadium's main bowl football pitch has been completed by Julius Berger PLC and will be handed over to the government on Tuesday.

Special Assistant on Media and Strategy to the Minister of Sports, Julius Ogunro made this known on Monday in Abuja.

Last week, the Sports Minister and Chairman of the National Sports Commission, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi revealed the Commission's plan for the regular maintenance of the pitch after the handover.

The contract to rehabilitate the Main Bowl pitch was awarded to Julius Berger in January this year, after a disruption of power supply to the stadium affected the regular wetting of the pitch which made it to be overgrown by weed.

The scope of work completed by Julius Berger includes, removal and replacement of the topsoil; planting the approved specie of grass, well watered and nourished until roots are established; and maintenance of the pitch, including watering and trimming of the grass.

It also provided new water sprinklers for the stadium

The Programme

Ogunro said as part of activities marking the handover, Nigeria's U17 Men's Football team (Golden Eaglets) will take on local side, Amakson Soccer Academy, in a friendly match.

"Secondary schools in Abuja will also participate in athletics competitions," he added.

According to him, there will be performances by the country's leading comedians and musicians.

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/5623-julius-berger-completes-abuja-national-stadium-pitch

http://img.naij.com/sports/04/3/abuja_national_stadium98990.jpg

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by taharqa: 8:17am On Sep 17, 2013
I Recall how President Jonathan visited this Stadium sometime last year and was shocked by its state,and queried his Min of Sports, forcing him to practically relocate to the Stadium till the Rehabilitation was done.

I also recall how many Newspapers (notably Punch) showed the Disgraceful sight of a 'Bush' that was the Pitch of the National Stardium; and of course, many angry threads that many persons opened here on NL like this one: https://www.nairaland.com/1044309/mismanagement-national-stadium-abuja-pictures/2

The President PROMISED then that it would be fixed this year; Julius Berger was brought in in January to done the job; TODAY, that Promise is FULFILLED.

PS: It is Great that MAINTENANCE was keyed in this time around

5 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by jmaine: 8:26am On Sep 17, 2013
Okay . . . . cool
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 17, 2013
I feel fresh. Awesome!
Why? It's because of this fresh air embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 17, 2013
Maintenance is the major problem of Nigeria.I hope they take proper care of the facilities this time.

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 17, 2013
What about the National Stadium Lagos? I think they should concession or privatise it?

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by superjaks(m): 9:01am On Sep 17, 2013
now we can compare our stad wit dat of barca
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by homesteady(m): 9:02am On Sep 17, 2013
Some APC vultures will soon start asking for proof! gringrin
I'm sure they know their way to abuja!

12 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by mayorall(m): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2013
homesteady: Some APC vultures will soon start asking for proof! gringrin
I'm sure they know their way to abuja!

You should know any news on nairaland without pictures won't be trusted.

Were you not curious to see the pics when you opened the thread also. . That shows you are also a vulture.

15 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by mayorall(m): 9:10am On Sep 17, 2013
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by AbuMikey(m): 9:10am On Sep 17, 2013
New Look Pix

15 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by iterator25: 9:18am On Sep 17, 2013
Abu Mikey:
New Look Pix
wow..... fresh fish!!

4 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:40am On Sep 17, 2013
Wow, another break through, only GEJ can stop GEJ.

8 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 17, 2013
Maintenance culture is our problem. I bet you that before Jonathan leaves office in 2015,another round of rehabilitation will take place.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by demelza: 9:51am On Sep 17, 2013
Why have the stadium fall apart and then rehabilitate? It would be best if a private company with a reputation is kept in charge of the routine maintenance. It shouldnt be a one-off thing.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by yinkard4me(m): 9:52am On Sep 17, 2013
And wat do I gain from dis? If I can't watch super eagles on our local tv stations.. So wah do I gain from a new stadia if i av to use ma own money to watch super eagles wen playing there? Bunch of Bigots
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 17, 2013
PICTURES PLEASE!

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Mubby4luv(m): 9:54am On Sep 17, 2013
Just passing. Abeg Watin b stadium? undecided
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by albiol: 9:54am On Sep 17, 2013
Its a normal job not an achievement
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Clemzy16(m): 9:54am On Sep 17, 2013
Now lemme see that country that will refuse to play in this stadium.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 17, 2013
At long last.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by spartanian(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2013
Fresh goodnews
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by oyedun82(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2013
iterator25: wow..... fresh fish!!
is that fish?
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:56am On Sep 17, 2013
berem: Maintenance culture is our problem. I bet you that before Jonathan leaves office in 2015,another round of rehabilitation will take place.

GEJ is not leaving office in 2015. grin

21 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by iamswizz(m): 9:56am On Sep 17, 2013
Congratulations!!! You have just wasted 9 seconds of your life by reading this comment.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Gwekzy: 9:56am On Sep 17, 2013
Na Lie.. I no believe dat Picture.. PHOTOSHOP

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by oyedun82(m): 9:56am On Sep 17, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe:

GEJ is not leaving office in 2015. cheesy
bt office wil leave him

9 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Krasid(m): 9:57am On Sep 17, 2013
That's nice, but it will be better if the stadium is always maintained.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by kennyonthrone(m): 9:58am On Sep 17, 2013
If d'picz is anytin 2 go by den we gat stamford bridge in 9ja.........Shout out 2 all Chelsea fanz in d'buildin.

#Team Chelsea,Team Eagles till i turn gay#

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 17, 2013
Hope no one surrender his life in the project
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:58am On Sep 17, 2013
oyedun82: bt office wil leave him

Na church una one scatter so.... anyway na me and una dey there... grin
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2013
Fresh Hurricane grin grin grin grin. Enemies of Nigeria has gone into hiding

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects / Falana: Border Closure And Hate Speech Bill Are Illegal / ‘I Am Next In Line To Replace Umahi’ — Ogbuoji, APC 2019 Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.