Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,413 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Secrets Of the gods - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secrets Of the gods (112116 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Who Offended The gods of the land? / Food For The Gods. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2013
Mfon walked into his room. It was a typical neat and under furnished student’s room. Ten inches Mouka foam lay on the floor on the opposite left, very close to the window. Opposite the foam was an artificial wardrobe with two pairs of shoes and a pair of sandal on the floor beside it.
The right side of the room had a reading table and a modern CD deck at opposite ends. The deck was the only expensive looking content in the room. There were so many books beside the reading table and on top of it.

Mfon made herself comfortable on the wooden chair near the table. The neatness of the room really appealed to her.

“What were you discussing with my mum?” Saint asked with a funny look on his face. He was still standing and obviously glad that she was around.

“We were talking about your sister… the one that got kidnapped.” She didn’t know why she was so direct; perhaps she wanted to hear what he has to say.

Saint’s expression remained indifferent. “Oh, my sister. That was a long time ago, I can’t even remember what she looked like, I just know it was a childhood traumatic event.”

“I can’t even imagine what you went through.”

“Yes… do you know what we call repression?

“Repression? Isn’t that an act of suppressing emotions?”

“Exactly. In psychology, repression is a defense mechanism that enables an individual to block unwanted or traumatic thoughts. It is an unconscious act of forgetting traumatic events in our lives; especially ones that happened at childhood so as to enable the child grow up normally. The traumatic thoughts do not go away forever; they are repressed into the unconscious and so sometimes pop up in dreams or in different forms. Honestly, I have almost forgotten that event but my mum believes the loss of my sister at childhood has a major effect on my personality even though I can’t remember it all.”

“Do you believe her?” she asked.

“She could have a point, if not, how can we explain my persistent feelings of deep loneliness and insecurity, I must confess, I wish I have another sibling. I am not just emotionally strong.” He was deep in thought as he spoke.

Mfon wanted to give him a hug.

“Well, I have my stories and studies to take my mind of these things. That is the only place I can channel my already weak energy to, which is another defense mechanism known as sublimation.” He added.

Mfon looked at the opened book on the reading table, “Mnn, I can see that you have been pretty busy. Now I see where all the energy and inspiration comes from.”

“Yes… emm, welcome to my home. What can I offer you please?”

“I am okay, I really don’t feel like anything for now. Maybe I might demand for a hot plate of rice from your mum.”

He drew closer to her, “Do you mean it? You really don’t want to take anything? Okay, how about a kiss?” Saint couldn’t believe his boldness. He was never like this with Linda. This girl was sure bringing out another side of him.

She looked at him intensely, “Alright, a kiss will do.”

He couldn’t believe his ears, but he bent down and they had their first kiss. It was an amazing 35 seconds French kiss and when it ended, he was sad to find himself on earth.

One thing Saint had learnt since few days ago he’d been hanging out with her was that she was a spontaneous person. She could come up with a surprise at anytime.

“I have decided that I will take your manuscript home and type them in my laptop. I am also planning to post it on an online forum, lets see what people will say about it.” She suggested.

Left for him he would have continued with the kiss and forget about the book. But he was also glad for the topic she brought up since it helped smoothen the awkward after-kiss moment. “Thank, I have actually been wondering how I was going to get them in soft copies for easy editing and manipulation of the story. You are a savior. But I don’t know if posting the story on line is a good idea.”

“Yes it is. Don’t worry, I am not going to post everything; just a few chapters. You know, it will be good to know what others think about the story, especially anonymous others. That way, we will know if it is a good story.”

He thought it was a nice idea, “Okay, lets do it. The bad news is that I am just in chapter 3 and I am actually having writers block but I believe I will come over it.”

“No problem, anything will do.”

He was glad that she had opted to type his story for him and he thought having other people read his story made sense, but he knew having her around was great so he bent forward and gave her a hug.

She held unto him and suddenly felt it was her responsibility to take care of him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 10:08am On Sep 18, 2013
That night Mfon got home and decided to start typing the story into her laptop despite being tired. She couldn’t wait to start reading while she typed; perhaps she was inquisitive to see what the apparently brilliant Saint could come up with.

He had kept her busy all day with intelligent discussions, not that it was her first time to notice this trait since they met, but she just couldn’t help being amazed by the young man’s philosophy about life. He seemed to have an answer every question about human behavior and knew how to describe and explain why some people do the things they do. Everything he said made perfect sense.

He had made her understand that the story was just a result of abstract reasoning. According to Saint, writing fictional stories was not his thing, but he just had to respond to a nagging feeling to try something new. He had started to write the story even without thinking hard; he just followed a line of thought that made little sense.

Saint had confessed that writing this story had been really challenging, but he had just decided to start even though he didn’t have the intention of forcing himself to finish it. He had already decided that if the task of writing this story becomes to much for him, he would stop.
Mfon believed that it would be interesting and so couldn’t wait to read it.

The semester was just beginning and so academic pressure wasn’t yet much. She made dinner for herself, turned on her Hp Laptop and began to type.

It was an interesting story just as she had thought. His power of description and imagination was really admirable. She was much intrigued when he explained the significance of the golden medallion. It wasn’t just important because it was made of pure gold, but because a troublesome evil spirit had been locked up in it by the gods for years. This was why the Ibibio Monastery was formed – to protect the medallion. The monks in the monastery were special people who were pure in spirit. Saint went ahead to explain that the medallion was not supposed to be beheld by a corrupt minded person, as this would release the locked evil spirit. This was why the presence of the monastery was kept secret and visitors where thoroughly scrutinized before being attended to by the monk attendants.

Chapter one of the story ended with a description of how the Medallion was stolen from the monastery and taken to Abuja where it was meant to be sold by the three thieves as precious object.

Soon Mfon began to feel sleepy. She saved her work and went to lie down on her bed. She couldn’t wait to continue the work on Sunday morning.

That night she dreamt that the story made Saint a star.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 10:09am On Sep 18, 2013
The monastery had been in absolute silence for the past 13 days. The monks had expected that the chief monk would call them after three days fasting and isolation and explain to them how he had decided they would retrieve the medallion back. But since he didn’t say anything to anyone, they had all continued to wait unto him while they all kept to themselves.

But on this 13th day, the junior monks had noticed that the 9 elders had been in the chamber all day, discussing something important with the chief monk. Later that evening, Odion, one of the junior monks was called into the chamber. He was made to stand in front of the elders. He was just 20years old and couldn’t fathom why he had been summoned.

“The fate of this monastery, our soul, the life of innocent citizens and sustenance of peace among the god lies in you hand. You have been chosen to embark on the mission of retrieving the Medallion.” The chief monk said.

The surprised Odion looked up at him. How could he be chosen to retrieve the medallion? He was just an inexperienced kid who didn’t really know his left from his right. Yes, he was a dedicated monk but so was every other person in the monastery.

Odion was brought into the monastery when he was just a year old. Like most of the monks, he had never stepped his foot outside the monastery. He didn’t have any idea what happens outside the monastery, in fact he wasn’t even sure a real world existed outside the monastery. To him, stories about the world outside the monastery were nothing but a fairy tales.

But who was he to challenge the order of the Chief Monk.

“You will involve yourself in a three days fasting and isolation. After which you will leave the monastery in search of the medallion. Do not be afraid, the gods have chosen you for a reason.” The chief monk continued.

Odion felt the chief monk was still speaking in parables, “But how do I locate the medallion? I don’t know a thing about the outside world. What will I do?”

“During your isolation and meditation, the god will direct you to the story bearer; a young intelligent student writer. He already has a full dose of spiritual energy. That energy will lead you to him”

“A writer?” muffled the confused young monk.

“Yes… the writer” the chief monk maintained. “he is the back up plan of the gods.”

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 10:10am On Sep 18, 2013
alright guys, chapter two ends here. have a date with me tomorrow as i proceed to chapter 3. thanks and have a nice time

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 18, 2013
Oboy ye, film don start be that o,
and oga frank i think you should change the Capital "G" in ur title to small "G"
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Kslib(m): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2013
Woow!! This is brilliant..
I love how you take us into the book and back to the real world..
**Switches to hespian accent** La story la brilliante...

All izz well!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 11:04am On Sep 18, 2013
Damex333: Oboy ye, film don start be that o,
and oga frank i think you should change the Capital "G" in ur title to small "G"

Thanx Damex333, I just hope u are enjoying it.

But are you suggesting I leave the capital T in 'the' and change the capital G? Alright guys, this is not a religous story and havin a capital letter for every noun in a title is not wrong just as the writer choses to. The 'the' capital letter and no one is pointing it out, can we please leave religous sentiment in everything we do? The s in the gods already indicate the kind of god I am rererrin to thanx.

Ok, what do u think about the story so far
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 11:07am On Sep 18, 2013
Kslib: Woow!! This is brilliant..
I love how you take us into the book and back to the real world..
**Switches to hespian accent** La story la brilliante...

All izz well!

Thanks ma guy, if u feel this way then I am happpppppy
Re: Secrets Of the gods by iebanehita(m): 11:15am On Sep 18, 2013
Am doing great frank!

Ermm! Let me digress a little!
frank3.16:
Mfon wanted to give him a hug.

This attraction between Mfon and Saint is something else o! Especially when they are just getting acquainted! Abi is she the twin sister?

Also, @1st meeting, I thought the guy should do the visit? Not the other way round??!!

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Kslib(m): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2013
frank3.16:

Thanks ma guy, if u feel this way then I am happpppppy
Nice,keep it up!!!
I also think you should change the G to a small letter not cos of religious reasons BUT due to the fact that using a "small g" will paint the story in a spiritual local setting just like you want it to be...
The secret of the Gods..
The secret of the gods..
Look at the two bolded and you'll agree that the second bolded will spark the spiritual curiosity of anyone who see's the topic rather than the first..
There is that something that draws one's subconscious to his/her ancestry when he/she see's the word gods and i think making the letter G a small one will add that much needed spark to some people who decide to open/read a story based on the heading...
I love this story and you can still leave the heading the way it is, but if you feel you can edit the G,then do it....
Waiting for your next update.. once again,la story la brilliante..
All izz well!

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 11:57am On Sep 18, 2013
iebanehita: Am doing great frank!

Ermm! Let me digress a little!

This attraction between Mfon and Saint is something else o! Especially when they are just getting acquainted! Abi is she the twin sister?

Also, @1st meeting, I thought the guy should do the visit? Not the other way round??!!

Ok, the attraction just happened. I for one have had such attraction once. They just clicked the first day they met and the friendship kicked off. She brought out the quiet side of him and she liked him. if she is his twin sister?... U won't hear a tin from me.

Alright, d visitation issue. Well I for one have dated plenty girls who came visiting me first. I don't think girls in our environment allows the guy to visit first. The guys always insist the girls to come around or they just fix a date and they come pick the girl out.
Bt remember, 2wk have elspsed since they met. They definately have gotten much aquainted with each other, especially meeting each other constantly in school. Well I for one can't remember how many times I visited a girl first... I really don't think there is any laid down rule as regards to that.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
Kslib:
Nice,keep it up!!!
I also think you should change the G to a small letter not cos of religious reasons BUT due to the fact that using a "small g" will paint the story in a spiritual local setting just like you want it to be...
The secret of the Gods..
The secret of the gods..
Look at the two bolded and you'll agree that the second bolded will spark the spiritual curiosity of anyone who see's the topic rather than the first..
There is that something that draws one's subconscious to his/her ancestry when he/she see's the word gods and i think making the letter G a small one will add that much needed spark to some people who decided to open/read a story based on the heading...
I love this story and you can still leave the heading the way it is, but if you feel you can edit the G,then do it....
Waiting for your next update.. once again,la story la brilliante..
All izz well!

Ok, I think you have a point. Thanx
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nice nice plot! Im loving the relationship between Mfon and Saint cheesy

Something about 'Monks' 'Monastery' and 'gods' doesn't quite fit.

Monks are 'sposed to serve God with a big 'G' or is there a kinda 'secret cult' or 'inner circle' in the monastery that serve a deity?
Re: Secrets Of the gods by BukkyDan(f): 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2013
Br3nd4: Something about 'Monks' 'Monastery' and 'gods' doesn't quite fit.

Monks are 'sposed to serve God with a big 'G' or is there a kinda 'secret cult' or 'inner circle' in the monastery that serve a deity?

seconded, Brenda has a point...the monks thingy.

Meanwhile...my oga at the top, more MB and battery life to ur gadgets. Good jobwink

@HBG thanks for the space# sits comfortably drinking Agbo jedi jedi#
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Kslib(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
Br3nd4: Nice nice plot! Im loving the relationship between Mfon and Saint cheesy

But you have to look at it from @frank's angle,the way he described the monastery and the crucial role the medallion plays..
The peace of the gods,the life of innocent citizens and the fate of the world depends on the stolen medallion,so my question is,Which God are these monks serving? The one with a big or small G...
There was also a part where he wrote 'you've been chosen by the gods".....
I think gods is ok and blends well with the storyline..
All izz well!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
Br3nd4: Nice nice plot! Im loving the relationship between Mfon and Saint cheesy

Thanks Bren... But christianity is not the only religion in the world you know?
Have u ever heard the term Budhist Monk? Do you think they worship the same God with Christian Monks.
Alright, let's stop there, I don't want religous folks to derail this thread.
Pls can we b open minded when we mention the word God or god?

2 Likes

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
Okay I get it now. Thanks.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by ninja4life(m): 5:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
Am getting confused o cant diffentiate when u are talking about d story in d book saint is righting and d real world,will be expecting d next chapter hope i get d story.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
ninja4life: Am getting confused o cant diffentiate when u are talking about d story in d book saint is righting and d real world,will be expecting d next chapter hope i get d story.

Ya, the confusion is deliberate, except u are observant enough to differenciate. Bt where xactly is the confusion? I thought the chief monk"s last words in the last scene could have cleared some rough air. He was calld the story bearer... Its shows his story had an implication to wht was happnin. Well, the next chapter will shed more lights on what the story is actually talkin about.

How u dey?
Re: Secrets Of the gods by rofemiguwa(f): 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
Dancing skelewu oga frankie my darling u are back.I have waited soooooo long for this.am so glad to have u back.more ink to ur pen abi MB to ur lappy,*perching front seat with damex since na only one seat dey dere grin kiss
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
rofemiguwa: Dancing skelewu oga frankie my darling u are back.I have waited soooooo long for this.am so glad to have u back.more ink to ur pen abi MB to ur lappy,*perching front seat with damex since na only one seat dey dere grin kiss

Finally you are here, i have been asking everyone of you. Sit tight, d show is
 just about to start
Re: Secrets Of the gods by iebanehita(m): 12:03am On Sep 19, 2013
frank3.16:

Alright! I would go with you on this!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by IZUKWU(m): 2:32am On Sep 19, 2013
B-)
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Winnie1950(f): 8:31am On Sep 19, 2013
Frank the master story teller is back. Therefore, my nl addiction is back. Welldone frank. I respect you above every other writer on nairaland
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 11:12am On Sep 19, 2013
thanks winnie, i appreciate your response i just hope i will meet up ya'all expectations
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 11:17am On Sep 19, 2013
Chapter 3
Mfon woke up very early on Sunday morning and the first thing that she thought of was the story of the missing medallion.

She quickly stood up and proceeded to her laptop. She intended to finish typing the chapter two of the story before she does any other thing that morning. Her laptop came to life in response to her manipulations; she started to type just as the computer finished booting and the Microsoft word page had been made to pop up by her.

Chapter 2
Clifford was almost finishing the bottle of Royal Challenge in his hand while he waited impatiently for Okon and John. He paced up and down his small living room wishing that nothing had happened to them. Life had made him a pessimistic person, but despite that he had continued to work hard towards making serious money in life.

Clifford had lived most of his forty years indulging in one criminal activity or the other. Working with just Okon and John had helped him maintain a low profile thereby avoiding the strong arm of the law. Clifford saw what he did for a living as petty crime that wouldn’t get him the kind of wealth he had always craved for all his life.

Yes, he had seen some golden opportunities to make it big in life, but was always faced stumbling blocks. Clifford believed that there must be somebody in his village that was using diabolical means to destroy his destiny. He had tried everything in life to find a breakthrough by to no avail. He had even gone for deliverance in different churches yet he was always met with a stumbling block whenever he was just about to hit it big time.

Now Okon and John had been able to steal the golden medallion, he just prayed that they get here successfully. What was keeping them? He thought as he looked at the wall clock. It was almost twelve pm, he had expected that they would be here before 11am.

He had spent the whole night dreaming of what he would do with his share of the money once the medallion was sold. He had met with the foreign merchant who had given information about the medallion yesterday and had informed him that they had successfully gotten hold of the medallion. The merchant had promised to give him 5million naira in cash once he saw the object. This was it! Clifford had screamed in his mind, he will finish up with the house he was building somewhere outskirt Abuja town, buy a new car and move out of this dungeon.

Then he will buy precious gifts for his fourteen years old daughter. She was the love of his life. Yes he had sometimes gotten violent with her but he loved her with all his might even more than the way he loved her mother. Did he even love her mother? He wouldn’t have even married her if he had not mistakenly gotten her pregnant and was force by her stupid lazy poor parents to take her as his wife for free. They were obviously looking for how to get rid of their useless daughter and unfortunately for him his home had been a perfect dumping ground.

He hated her and was sure that she was partly to be blamed for some of his life miseries and that was why he had turned her to his punching bag all through their fourteen years of cohabitation. But seeing Angela his daughter grow up into the most beautiful female he had ever seen had given him reason to love again.

He had disvirgined her when she was eleven and the experience was nothing like he had felt before. But he didn’t understand why she still resisted him whenever he wanted to have her; this has resulted in him getting violent with her most often. One would think constant sex with the teenager for the past two years would have made her fall in love with him but she had always resisted him. This was getting him more frustrated.

Her mother always made matters worse. The ugly and dirty thing would always want to stop him. He therefore had no choice but to first of all beat her to stupor before making love to his daughter. One of these days he would eventually kill the ugly, old and wrinkled animal.

Someone knocked on his door and Clifford quickly opened it believing it was his two counterparts. He would definitely punch whoever it was to death if they were not his boys.

Okon and John entered with something wrapped in a cloth.

“What had kept you guys all these while? I thought something bad had happened to you.” He barked.

Both John and Okon were in their late thirties and had great respect for Clifford. They were both not married but were the highest patronizers of all the brothels in Gagwalada where they lived.

“Easy boss, the police check points before and after airport junction was the main cause of the delay, but we are here now and we have the gold.” John said, he was a year older than John.

Clifford’s eyes widened in delight, “let me have a look,” he stretched his hand and collected it before Okon could bring fourth his hands. He tore off the cloth and almost screamed with joy when his eyes beheld the pure gold object. It was a bit larger than the size of his palm and much thicker. He had never seen such an object in his life.

“You know what? The white man promised to give me five million for this, but I will make him pay ten.” He said as his face beamed childishly.
The two other men only just continued to smile and shake their heads like fools. The money their boss was mentioning didn’t sound realizable to them, but the sound of it was good.

“How did you do it?” Clifford asked.

“It was so easy; I wonder why other thieves have not stolen it all this while. But I must be honest; the information given by your white friend helped us a lot. It made it easier for us to find the location of the gold. We were welcomed into the monastery by the monk attendants; they thought we were from a charity organization. There was four and so we used the gas to knock them out of consciousness in the waiting room, tied them up in the toilet and dressed like monks. We located the gold, beat up the men praying in the area and made away with it.” Okon explained.

“Ha ha, you guys are getting better in crime by the day. The presence of this gold had been kept secret for years… I just wonder how the white man found out about it. I am sure there are very people who know about this wonderful object” Clifford thoughtfully said. He brought out five thousand naira notes from his pocket, “You guys go and have fun all through the day, I will see the merchant this evening, one thing is for sure, by tomorrow, we will all be millionaires.”

It was like a dream come true for the three men. All their life efforts were finally paying off. They knew and believed they deserved it.
Soon after Okon and John left, Clifford gulped down the remaining whisky in the bottle while he stared at the bright object. There was a sudden wave of alcoholic effect through his body, it was pleasure and euphoria, then he imagined heightening it up with a rough sexual intercourse with his daughter while hitting her mother. Quickly he entered his bedroom and dragged her into the sitting room.
She fought hard to hold fast unto the piece of wrapper that covered her body. Clifford yanked it off her body and delightfully stared at her voluptuous body.

Tears rolled down the young girl’s cheeks and she stared at her father with shame and self hatred.

“Hey shuu, do not cry no more. It’s all going to be good from now on. Look…” he pointed to the magnificent object on the table, “I will buy you all the good things I promised you.” He quickly wrapped up the medallion, opened the back cover of the old model television in the small living room and hid the object inside. He covered the television and turned to his daughter, smiling like the pervert he was.

She had already picked up the cloth and managed to cover her privates. He slowly approached her and began to handle her body.

Angela shivered in disgust as she fearfully pushed his hands away from her body, the smell of booze from him was awful. She knew he was going to forcefully make love to her, all she could to was try to resist him like before and get the beating of her life. She loved the beatings because she felt she deserved it. She hated herself for being a victim of her father’s constant rape. And so the beatings was the only way she could feel good about herself since she saw it as payment for being weak.

The slap landed on her face and it delighted her, then another that caused her to reel backward as she fell on the haggard seat behind her. She wished she had landed her head on the floor. Her head deserved some pounding.

He quickly pulled down his trousers and penetrated her. She felt nothing. She felt no pleasure, just hate and shame as her father continued to pound her. Her mother rushed into the sitting room and began to pull away the shameless man from her daughter while she cried in tears as usual.

This was story of her life; a husband who would rather sleep with his daughter than his wife.

His ecstatic moment was cut short by her interference and this infuriated him. He turned around and clutched his right palm unto her thin neck. His eyes were murderous as he continued to tighten his grip. She fought so hard for life as she felt life gradually drain from her body. Then he forcefully pushed her towards the wall behind her causing her to slam her head on the wall. The hit was fatal enough for her to break her neck.

Thinking she had finally giving up fighting with him, Clifford went back to his daughter who was just lying naked on the floor and just starring at her parents fight with blank eyes.

In a few minutes, he was through with her. Then he pull up his pants, looked disgustingly at the limp body of her wife on the floor. Without much thought, he walked out of the house, his body needed to ingest more alcohol, perhaps he will come back later to have more of the little girl.

Angela continued to stare into space for about five minutes and then she stood up and made to walk out of the sitting room. Something about the way her mum lay on the floor was unusual. She bent over to her and tried to pull her up but suddenly realized that her mum might be dead. She screamed. The scream was the first word that had come out of the abused girl’s lips in the last two years.

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2013
Okon and John went to a local bar somewhere in the remote area of Lugbe, the owner of the bar provided rooms for prostitutes who usually rent it for their daily business. By 5pm, both men had already drank to stupor and decided to crown the day’s fun by patronizing the prostitutes who had been walking around half naked. The men thought it would be fun sleeping with one girl together.

So in their drunken state, they entered one of the small rooms that was built with mud and grass. The girl inside was delighted to see them. Two men meant more money.

“How much you go collect,” Okon asked in pigin English, alcohol reeking from his breath. John was behind him, trying very hard to get a balance.

“Two of una na one thousand five hundred,” she replied. She didn’t even think she was worth that price, not with all the stretched marked on her aged body. She was almost the same age with the men and was why she was grateful for the alcohol in their system.

“Oya commot your cloth sharp sharp,” John’s careless tone vibrated the room. He just wanted to have sex with her and get it over with. He only wished they had hung out in their environment, that way they would easily find their way home after their escapades.

Soon Okon was already on her and humping her.

The LovePeddler only hoped that the drunk wouldn’t sleep off on her, his whole weight was on her body. She waited patiently for him to finish and only looked towards the ceiling while she chewed fiercely on the bubble gum in her mouth like it was more fun than what the drunk was doing to her. But then, she noticed a cloud of black smoke forming above her, just close to the ceiling. At first it was confusing and she merely blamed her sense of vision. But the smoke got darker and thicker and it began to look and feel scary.

She began to push the drunk out of her, “wait, there is something…”

“Shut up and stay one place,” the drunk said.

“Please, wait, please there is something in the air,” she noticed the other drunk looking up in confusion.

She was too gripped with fear to notice that the drunk on her had reached climax and was jerking faster in response to the pleasure he felt.
She observed that the smoke had divided itself into two thick black smoky balls. Then to her utter amazement, the two lumps of smoke pierced their way into the two men through their eyes and disappeared. The man on her had already sat up when this happened.

Everything in the room suddenly came to a stop but in the actual sense it was the two men who stood motionless and starring into nothing. She knew something diabolical was in the air. Escape! Was the only thought in her mind. She might be a worthless prostitute, her life was still of much value to her. If not, why then would she torment herself by involving in this degrading profession just to keep body and soul together?
In less than 10 seconds, she had pushed the man on her away and ran out of the building naked.

Wow, that was insane, thought Mfon as she finished up with chapter two of the story. Saint’s imagination definitely ran wider than she could fathom.

She intended to finish typing the little Saint had given her and upload it on the internet this evening. All she had to do was finish up with the remaining chapter and that will be all.

So she continued.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 11:20am On Sep 19, 2013
hi guys, due to some unforeseen circumstances, i will have to post this one for now. if i am opportuneed i will post more in the evening, but i f not we will do it tomorrow. thanks.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Kslib(m): 11:52am On Sep 19, 2013
Wow!!! Nice and superb..
Damn,the part btw clifford and his daughter made me very very uncomfortable.. The way you described the scene is top class and for a moment,i felt like i was there.. I felt her pain.
You are not just a good writer,but a very good one at that...
..Keep it-up..
All izz well!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Emperortj93(m): 11:54am On Sep 19, 2013
Great story frm a very good writer.... Btw, following as usual #pheew#sigh of relief#
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
Awwww... Poor Angel and her mum sad
As for Clifford. Hmmm.. I comment my reserve.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Phatkemi: 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
Wow!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why) / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.