Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race (9962 Views)

Femi Thomas Joins Ekiti APC / Fayose Kneels Before Bamidele Olumilua, A Former Ondo State Governor (Photos) / Opeyemi Bamidele Of Ekiti State Decamp To Apc Tomorow Welcome GMB. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
House of Representatives member Opeyemi Bamidele has said he will contest next year’s governorship election in Ekiti State.

He said the decision was in response to “a popular call to service”.

In his letter of intent to Governor Kayode Fayemi, the former Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy said he would inaugurate his independent campaign group, Ekiti Bibire Coalition, in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, on Thursday.

Copies of the letter were sent to the Inspector-General of Police, the State Security Service (SSS) Director, the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Police Affairs and his counterparts in the House of Representatives.

Bamidele, who represents Irepodun/Ifelodun Constituency, alleged that some aides of the governor were planning to disrupt the ceremony and urged Fayemi to intervene.

Some All Progressives Congress (APC) leaders told The Nation that Bamidele would not be prevented from pursuing his ambition.

A party stalwart, who pleaded for anonymity, said: “Bamidele is trying to create an impossible crisis. Nobody is planning to disrupt any political gathering. Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) aspirants have been holding meetings and rallies and their functions were not disrupted. He is afraid of himself. APC is one strong and united family in Ekiti. The preoccupation of the party is to continue to support the Fayemi administration to record more successes.”

Bamidele did not indicate whether he would contest the election on the platform of the APC or another party.

by: Emmanuel Oladesu thenationonlineng.net

1 Like

Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by seanet02: 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
NO vacancy at EKITI

3 Likes

Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by geeez: 4:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
seanet02: NO vacancy at EKITI

Seriously?

I think Fayemi is too laid back

If he was in some other region, he could easily be the best performing governor (raising his IGR to over N1bn per month from almost nothing and attracting some valuable investment) but he doesn't seem to move at the SW pace

He should take a cue from Aregbesola otherwise there will be vacancy in the state house

2 Likes

Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by idumuose(m): 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
Is your father the owner of Ekiti government house?

7 Likes

Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by damibravo(m): 5:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
He is not ambitious but stubborn!
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by Katsumoto: 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2013

Why not?

Is Fayemi making much progress?
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by Benez: 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
Opeyemi Bamidele will never govern Ekiti. He is the extremely desperate being.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by Ayohbk(m): 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
first page ....front page for the second consecutive day.. ..OMG!!!!.....mod pls dont ban me ..... i might make first to comment 2mao.....,ASUU and airtel r really working wonders...,thank u all.....
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by ayodeji752: 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
Prince Dayo Adeyeye is d next Ekiti governor but i nid dis man to send me part of his "about to be wasted" campaign money for me to port to a private university so dat i can finish on time and also buy my own first class without stress

2 Likes

Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by dayokanu(m): 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
Opeyemi Bamidele needs to chill and not ruin his chances for 2018 elections
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by KnowAll(m): 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
Seriously?

I think Fayemi is too laid back

If he was in some other region, he could easily be the best performing governor (raising his IGR to over N1bn per month from almost nothing and attracting some valuable investment) but he doesn't seem to move at the SW pace

He should take a cue from Aregbesola otherwise there will be vacancy in the state house

What is it with Phd holders, they think too hard b4 making a decision. See our friend at Aso Rock. Meanwhile Aregbesola just do his own thing making him number 1 untouchable in Southern Nigeria. Oshun State is d only state Jonathan would get less than 20% votes in Southern Nigeria, Ekiti should be like that but Fayemi is just too slow.
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by delikay4luv: 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
damibravo: He is not ambitious but stubborn!
bro, how's he stubborn?
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by sEyi6: 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
Very good, fayemi should be challenged to work harder.
I'm not in support of SW governors not being challenged even in their party, like what is happening in Osun. That state is the only state in SW that no one from the gov's party is challenging the gov. by vying for the governor's position. Aregbesola is doing excellently well, but I wish to see someone of good reputation coming up in his party to make the seat more competitive and not make them too comfortable to the extent of relaxing from their progressive nature and standard. At the long run, it would be for the betterment of our people. I wish the best candidate wins

Katsumoto:

Why not?

Is Fayemi making much progress?

Fayemi is making progress, might not be upto expectation though.

1 Like

Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by Jilo83(m): 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
Exercise in futile. Kayode fayemi is our man.

1 Like

Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by sEyi6: 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
KnowAll:

What is it with Phd holders, they think too hard b4 making a decision. See our friend at Aso Rock. Meanwhile Aregbesola just do his own thing making him number 1 untouchable in Southern Nigeria. Oshun State is d only state Jonathan would get less than 20% votes in Southern Nigeria, Ekiti should be like that but Fayemi is just too slow.

I respect that man

1 Like

Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
Must he become a Governor? Some people are never satisfied sha.

1 Like

Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by GenOrumov: 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
krispycash: House of Representatives member Opeyemi Bamidele has said he will contest next year’s governorship election in Ekiti State.

He said the decision was in response to “a popular call to service”.

What's up with our politicians always using these lines - 'A call to service or my people have asked me to run' etc.
Who send them message? All our politicians are just a bunch of looters.

1 Like

Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by seunmsg(m): 7:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
ayodeji752: Prince Dayo Adeyeye is d next Ekiti governor but i nid dis man to send me part of his "about to be wasted" campaign money for me to port to a private university so dat i can finish on time and also buy my own first class without stress

Wake up from your dream bro. Adeyeye can't even win PDP's tickect in Ekiti not to talk of becoming the next governor.
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by emiye(m): 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
Sometimes in house challenge likes this means your performance as a governor is not outstanding.

But, i think, it doesn't augur well that a 4 year governor is swapped by his party for another man, except in proven cases of under performance
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by Ayor93(m): 8:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
seunmsg:

Wake up from your dream bro. Adeyeye can't even win PDP's tickect in Ekiti not to talk of becoming the next governor.
this one no get brain o..this dude is too serious.hian
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by bhidex007: 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
Barrister Kole Ajayi of the Accord party is the next governor of Ekiti state. The word of knowledge has gone forth
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by Smooyis(m): 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
Can anyone upload us the pictures of some projects of Gov Fayemi.
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by camcor(m): 9:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ekiti Kete. Fountain of knowledge. Can one now conclude that the acclaimed is the problem here? Only God can help that State. It is well
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by fabregas04(m): 9:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
Konmight: Must he become a Governor? Some people are never satisfied sha.
d guy is just too ambitious,
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by Fiawest(m): 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
bhidex007: Barrister Kole Ajayi of the Accord party is the next governor of Ekiti state. The word of knowledge has gone forth
I laff in Swahili.
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by amarilo: 10:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
fabregas04: d guy is just too ambitious,
coming from people that support amaechis ambition. Hypo hypo hypocrisy resides in Yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by amarilo: 10:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
dayokanu: Opeyemi Bamidele needs to chill and not ruin his chances for 2018 elections
Amaechis supporter is saying this.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by emmaelectelect(m): 11:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
I only ask One question is he constitutionally allowed?
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
It's funny how people say things. Anybody is free to contest for any position provided the people vote him in. It is not anybody's birth right to be governor. So people can state their own opinions based on what they think and how they feel but don't say he can't, because if he wins, the people who said he can't will be the ones asking for favours and contracts. So lets be constructive with our criticisms. MOB has every right to vier for the no. 1 seat in ekiti state, it is not Fayemi state, neither is it bamidele state... It is ekiti and the people will decide. If he has the brains and the wits why not...
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by gen2briz(m): 11:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ok
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by ravensckar(m): 12:31am On Sep 18, 2013
Wen d snipe nd d mussel struggle,d fisherman gets d benefit. #Old Chinese Proverb# If dey lyk,dey shld tear thr own broom wooven umbrella 4getin dt Fayose is covetously waiting. In as much as Bamidele has d ryt to contest,I tink He shld also respect d judgement of his party chieftains dt 'unanimously' ask him 2step down. Moreover, over a million Ekiti Indegenes cannot be wrong @ d same tym. Fayemi is doin wel shikeena....
Re: Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race by fatherab1: 5:11am On Sep 18, 2013
I think bamidele shldnt squander money, energies and time. Fayemi is d wrong Governor †̥☺ go against fø̲̣̣я̅ now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

House Of Reps Members Angry With David Mark (video) / PHOTO: See How This Navy Officer Saluted Buhari When He Arrived Yesterday / 2018 Armed Forces Remembrance Day: The First Of The January 15s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.