Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,229 members, 7,780,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:19 PM

Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria (40676 Views)

Main One Cable Massive Recruitment / Massive Recruitment in Main One Cable / Vacancies At Main One Cable Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by iamsexy: 4:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
Please has anyone attended interview or written a test with Main One Cable?

I got invited for a test/interview this Friday and don't know what to expect. Anyone with interview experience with them please enlighten me?
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by Mopolchi: 5:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
iamsexy: Please has anyone attended interview or written a test with Main One Cable?

I got invited for a test/interview this Friday and don't know what to expect. Anyone with interview experience with them please enlighten me?
Thanks
Enough mathematics mixed with English questions. A bit logical ones you should expect. The mathematics are mainly word problems like percentage increase or decrease, profit and loss. Just know they are not gmat and shl questions but basic mathematics and English. For the interview, know that you will write what you earn in a month during the test, which they will ask you again of. Demand big from them, I suspected that that was where I failed since I demanded small. Be confident. They will ask you to explain what you do for your current firm if you are working, so sell yourself well. Have a knowledge of the demands of the job you applied for; a knowledge of what Main One Cable does and certain key terms and personalities. You will be interview by young HRs who are skillful. And pray they get back to you on time. They pay alot I discovered then. Success!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by iamsexy: 9:04am On Sep 18, 2013
Mopolchi: Enough mathematics mixed with English questions. A bit logical ones you should expect. The mathematics are mainly word problems like percentage increase or decrease, profit and loss. Just know they are not gmat and shl questions but basic mathematics and English. For the interview, know that you will write what you earn in a month during the test, which they will ask you again of. Demand big from them, I suspected that that was where I failed since I demanded small. Be confident. They will ask you to explain what you do for your current firm if you are working, so sell yourself well. Have a knowledge of the demands of the job you applied for; a knowledge of what Main One Cable does and certain key terms and personalities. You will be interview by young HRs who are skillful. And pray they get back to you on time. They pay alot I discovered then. Success!

Thank you very much Mopolchi I really appreciate this insight. I was invited for a Project Engineer position.

Pls how long is the test/interview (time bound). I believe they are both same day.
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by Mopolchi: 7:52am On Sep 19, 2013
iamsexy:

Thank you very much Mopolchi I really appreciate this insight. I was invited for a Project Engineer position.

Pls how long is the test/interview (time bound). I believe they are both same day.
Okay you applied for PE. I applied for sales trainee then. So concentrate on word problems that deals on work and time: eg. 1 man builds in 2 days, 5 would build in ? days. I think its btw 30 mins to 1hr, precisely 1hr. The interview is on another day within the same week if you passed. Thats why you hv to be conscious of the pay you will write on ur exams script so that it could explain why you need an increase in pay during d interview. That place is a fine place to work.
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by iamsexy: 9:05am On Sep 19, 2013
Mapolchi thanks a lot. It seems you know much about the company and salary structure. What do you think will be a good amount to state for a project engineer position?
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by Mopolchi: 1:16am On Sep 20, 2013
iamsexy: Mapolchi thanks a lot. It seems you know much about the company and salary structure. What do you think will be a good amount to state for a project engineer position?
Not much dear but I later learnt that the pay for a sales trainee was 70000 naira basic plus others like insurance. If your experience is 0-2 years, go for 100000-120k bt if 3-5 go for 150000 and above. The main thing is courage even if u might not have earned such previously just avoid making urself cheap. Simple. Write 80000 on ur test paper if you will demand 100000. This shows you know ur worth and u r not begging for the job. I did not demand much on my time and d hr funnily told if the job is above 50000 that he would not call me. And he did not call me again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by seunadealn: 8:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
@iamsexy I got a call too from Mainone for a written assessment test. Will appreciate useful info
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by olamideh: 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
Please, can one gatecrash d test..drop ur views pls?
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by eltori: 1:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hello all, please anyone recently got an invitation from mainone for position of a solutions architect ? I just got a mail for a test tomorrow and from the thread so far it seems they have different questions for different openings. Please any idea of what i should expect for this role. Please any help before 6pm would do. Thanks
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 13, 2015
Hello guys,

I recently got invited for an assessment with Mainone for an accounting role. Can anyone kindly provide useful info regarding the kind of assessment they do.

Thanks
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by kart042000(m): 11:30am On Nov 27, 2016
None of you came back to state if you got the job or not and the type of questions asked and how it went. We are in 2016 now and I am looking for similar info but ALAS, you all got what you wanted and dashed into thin air.

We should try to share infos, Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by fmarshal(m): 6:53am On Jan 18, 2018
Got an email from Mainone inviting me to come for a written assessment and interview on Friday.
I applied for IT Service Desk Officer.
Has anyone attended any recently?
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
fmarshal:
Got an email from Mainone inviting me to come for a written assessment and interview on Friday.
I applied for IT Service Desk Officer.
Has anyone attended any recently?

hello bro

pls reply my pm

save a life, thanks and God bless
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
kart042000:
None of you came back to state if you got the job or not and the type of questions asked and how it went. We are in 2016 now and I am looking for similar info but ALAS, you all got what you wanted and dashed into thin air.

We should try to share infos, Thanks

hello bro, help a brother now.. need tips,
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by kart042000(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
HaileSelassie:

hello bro, help a brother now.. need tips,

Go through your CV well, if it is a network role, go through your CCNA and CCNP materials well.

Must understand MPLS end to end, LDP etc.

Best of luck
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by OgeLag(m): 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2018
Thank
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by OgeLag(m): 4:19pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello,
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 07, 2019
Any 2018 applicant got an offer letter yet?
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by jbutney(f): 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2021
Who else is experiencing problem with their career page. It's not opening at all. I want to apply for a position that they advertised
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by callmemikel(m): 7:31am On Apr 19, 2021
Did test & two interviews with them(Including CEO) since last month. I am yet to hear from them. Anyone with similar experience?
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by ugreat(m): 7:50am On Oct 28, 2021
callmemikel:
Did test & two interviews with them(Including CEO) since last month. I am yet to hear from them. Anyone with similar experience?

How's the written assessment like?
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by ugreat(m): 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
Mopolchi:
Enough mathematics mixed with English questions. A bit logical ones you should expect. The mathematics are mainly word problems like percentage increase or decrease, profit and loss. Just know they are not gmat and shl questions but basic mathematics and English. For the interview, know that you will write what you earn in a month during the test, which they will ask you again of. Demand big from them, I suspected that that was where I failed since I demanded small. Be confident. They will ask you to explain what you do for your current firm if you are working, so sell yourself well. Have a knowledge of the demands of the job you applied for; a knowledge of what Main One Cable does and certain key terms and personalities. You will be interview by young HRs who are skillful. And pray they get back to you on time. They pay alot I discovered then. Success!

This info is still valid in 2021

1 Like

Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by heayernu56(m): 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
ugreat:

How una dey do am. MainOne has never invited me for test/interview. Once I submit application with them, that's the last I always hear of them. Only for me to later see people resuming there after passing their recruitment process.
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by ugreat(m): 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
heayernu56:
How una dey do am. MainOne has never invited me for test/interview. Once I submit application with them, that's the last I always hear of them. Only for me to later see people resuming there after passing their recruitment process.

It's turn by turn bro. God has a place for everyone

1 Like

Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by heayernu56(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
ugreat:

It's turn by turn bro. God has a place for everyone
No shaking. I believe. I just say make I just talk this one nii.
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by callmemikel(m): 6:53am On Oct 30, 2021
ugreat:

How's the written assessment like?
Maths, English, & Short essay.
Maths - Permutation & Combination, words problem etc
English - You rephrase sentences
Essay - Impact of Tech in the Society (can't really remember but it's something related to this)

3 Likes

Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by Mopolchi: 7:48am On Oct 30, 2021
ugreat:

Wow, you wrote the test or went for the interview? I went for a small amount then because of the work I did then that paid me low but now I know better. I hope you used my tips well.
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by ugreat(m): 11:04am On Oct 30, 2021
Mopolchi:
Wow, you wrote the test or went for the interview? I went for a small amount then because of the work I did then that paid me low but now I know better. I hope you used my tips well.

Your tips are still very much valid. I did the online assessment...those lexicon grammar and jamb maths
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by Mopolchi: 11:22am On Oct 30, 2021
I wish you luck. That place is a great place to work from my experience during the interview.
ugreat:

Your tips are still very much valid. I did the online assessment...those lexicon grammar and jamb maths
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by Awizzy27: 5:26am On Nov 26, 2021
ugreat:

Did you scale to the next level after the test? How did it go?
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by ugreat(m): 4:32pm On Nov 26, 2021
Awizzy27:

Did you scale to the next level after the test? How did it go?

The next level is to meet people who are in the position you applied for. They will drill you with your experience as stated in the cv
Re: Test/interview With Main One Cable Nigeria by Kunfu(m): 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2021
ugreat:

The next level is to meet people who are in the position you applied for. They will drill you with your experience as stated in the cv
How long does it take for mainone to call someone for the next stage after the test and is there any bench mark score you should have in the test before being called for the next stage?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

I've Just Been Sacked / MPG Resources / Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.