Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,830 members, 7,806,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year (30741 Views)

NBC Bans Olamide Song, 'Don't-Stop' For Vulgar Lyrics / Phyno - Man Of The Year - Obago [video Download] / WizKid, The Game & Young Jeezy In The Studio Together (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hahaha, enemies of progress grin
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Silva79(f): 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
The matter is one wack song though,but y ban man of the year nah? That God d artists don make der money already
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Danhumprey: 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
Andyblaze: As Ph.d Holder i want to endorse the ban. Both songs offer a rather sexually volatile and bamboozling enuciation that could corrupt the minds of the young, in turn they will be of a negative attack to the society and such negativity will cause the collapse of nigeria and we will all go extinct. What fallacy did i just commit
A very big fallacy. Now,take the exit door. undecided
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by ALEXIS0240: 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
johnwizey: Both songs are TRASH
na your own you talk o...
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Ridiy: 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mtchw....
Now playing "The matter" and "Man of the year"
NBC should come nd delete the songs from my phone....

5 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Stunner1(f): 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ok
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by drealnamdy(m): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
My favourite song banned?? oburu na okwero iba tee ya vaseline nwanne..(if e no gree enter apply vaseline)..." was also considered explicit....
In d words of phyno to d NBC crew " Killed dem all ,phyno kill dem all' am a god in dis game and my kingdom hs com...le'le. Hasi ne egum ama mba, munwa le ha anya siha obulu ogu no'o omamba.. cheesy tongue cheesy

5 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Ediss(m): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
That over grown kid is just a kid for life. I dislike all his childish songs, hope his fans are not here o grin

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Cherish20(f): 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
Are we also banned from playing it on our fones and sound system? If not, then the ban is simply irrelevant...

OYA BACK TO THE MATTER!!!

2 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by davidufuoma(m): 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
homesteady: I think they should be fining them for explicit lyrics! The banning of songs is kinda inefficient! cheesy
This is my 2000 post on NL! This calls for a celebration of life well spent! gringrin
hahahaha
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by platido(m): 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
hmmmmmm....do am nt any of dia fanz bhu naija we hail u dz small small de mke noise dz day'z...mk dem apply vesline 4 wetin
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Clemzy16(m): 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
Andyblaze: As Ph.d Holder i want to endorse the ban. Both songs offer a rather sexually volatile and bamboozling enuciation that could corrupt the minds of the young, in turn they will be of a negative attack to the society and such negativity will cause the collapse of nigeria and we will all go extinct. What fallacy did i just commit
your comment would have attracted a couple of likes if you didn't start by saying 'as a ph.D holder' still don't know how that relates with the topic.

NBC or whatever they are called do not know the kindof songs they ought to ban. Are they trying to say that 'the matter' is banned from being aired cause of the words 'open and close' only. SMH. What proof do they even have that it is explicit.

As if that's not enough, wizkid had to say '20 man shall fall that day' instead of '20 men shall fall that day' little wonder a fan said he needs to go back to school.

Also, is 'The Matter' originally owned by Maleek Berry or Wizkid?

4 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Cherish20(f): 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
kunlekuz3: hmmmm

are u okay?
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by LeftRebel(m): 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
Nikapetrelli: Ban or No Ban,all I know is dat OBAGO

GBAM!
Bros, ur head is there!
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Lopezlizzy(f): 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
homesteady: I think they should be fining them for explicit lyrics! The banning of songs is kinda inefficient! cheesy
This is my 2000 post on NL! This calls for a celebration of life well spent! gringrin
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by naptu2: 7:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
naptu2: Note: the ban only affects free to air stations. It doesn't prevent you from buying the CD, watching a live concert or watching the videos on pay tv.

naptu2: Musicians should learn to also release a "broadcast version" of the songs and videos.

There's usually the original version where the artiste expresses himself the way he wants and the broadcast version, which is shown on free to air stations.

This is because there's no way to regulate free to air stations and ensure that impressionable kids do not have access to restricted material.

Eedriss Abdulkarim's track had the original version "Oko ashewo" and the broadcast version "oko omoge".

Naughty by Nature had "Ghetto Bastard" and "Everything's gonna be alright".

We have the broadcast versions of "Gin N Juice" and "Mr Lover man", etc

Even nairaland has a word censor.

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Austeenxx: 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2013
Clemzy16: your comment would have attracted a couple of likes if you didn't start by saying 'as a ph.D holder' still don't know how that relates with the topic.

NBC or whatever they are called do not know the kindof songs they ought to ban. Are they trying to say that 'the matter' is banned from being aired cause of the words 'open and close' only. SMH. What proof do they even have that it is explicit.

As if that's not enough, wizkid had to say '20 man shall fall that day' instead of '20 men shall fall that day' little wonder a fan said he needs to go back to school.

Also, is 'The Matter' originally owned by Maleek Berry or Wizkid?

look, here's the real meaning of Ph.D:

Pretty Huge D.ï.c.k

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by seankay(m): 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
NBC mumu sha,dem no even sabi dem work.The matter wey don tire us,na him dem dey ban,who cares? Its just like ban.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by omajali2003(m): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
It is very pathetic that the musical icons that we have in Nigeria do not have the virtues that would make us wish our children were like them. A musician whose lyrics tell you nothing more than sex and how to use vaseline for it should be cast into the jungle to entertain animals and not sane human being. What NBC has done is very light!

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nikkyparadise(m): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
Anti christ tins
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by vpnvoucher(m): 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
This can only happen in Nigeria... Outside Nigeria they have censored version of songs so you can still enjoy the song no matter the content while if you need the full dose you can then go for the EXPLICIT content.

I think a Musician can even sue NBC for the an "UNLAWFUL" ban of his/her song
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by naptu2: 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
naptu2: By the way, the intention is not to prevent adults from watching them, but to prevent minors from watching them.

naptu2: We are actually quite liberal here. Apart from banning them from free to air stations, we don't really enforce the other laws.

Here's the way it is:

1) Sale and rental: in some jurisdictions t would be illegal to sell or rent CDs of these works to minors. There would also be a parental advisory sticker advising parents that the work contains explicit material.

2) Cinema and live shows: it would also be illegal to admit minors into cinemas, viewing centres and live shows where these works are performed or shown.

3) Pay TV: pay tv decoders must have parental control functions with which parents can block their children from viewing/listening to these works.

4) Free to air: they are banned from free to air because "papa no dey house, mama no dey house, children com watch am".
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Tinyemeka(m): 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hmmm. Lemme download Phyno's Man of the Year. grin
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
drnairalov: double sigh...i wish my great great grand father was sold into slavery...so i woudn't have to be a Nigerian
which illiterates re heading NBC
I have a Black American friend on facebook who would kill to know his root...and you are here wishing you were a SLAVE?? *smh*

3 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by iamdsam: 7:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
It won't still stop the song from selling. It's an E N D T I M E thing though
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by iamdsam: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
omajali2003: It is very pathetic that the musical icons that we have in Nigeria do not have the virtues that would make us wish our children were like them. A musician whose lyrics tell you nothing more than sex and how to use vaseline for it should be cast into the jungle to entertain animals and not sane human being. What NBC has done is very light!
You're right. They're all for the money
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
spongeback: NBC get dirty mind,open and close I felt wizkid was talking about a door undecided
oya come make i open your door...
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by dieold: 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
you can't stop me maka n'OBAGO!
Obago inside my fone already.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by iamdsam: 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
god_of_music: I have a Black American friend on facebook who would kill to know his root...and you are here wishing you were a SLAVE?? *smh*
Home is home. Imagine people like Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, 50 Cent and others don't know their roots. I only laugh sometimes when they claim to be Americans
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by rhazur(m): 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
Make NBC come delete am for my phone nw.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by nairaarea: 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
nbc ride on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kollington Ayinla, Salawa Abeni Back In Each Other’s Arms / RadioNow 95.3FM: Kate Henshaw Reads News On Lagos Radio Station (Video) / Songs That Made Your Favourite Nigerian Artistes Blow!!!(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.