Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,034 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: (35347 Views)

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World / How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by aydewale: 11:14am On Jun 21, 2008
Hi Nairalanders, I submitted my application for a study permit over 6 weeks ago at the Canadian Deputy High Commission and I have not heard anything yet? Is this cause for worry? I got full scholarship and I have a good job where I earn about 3 million a year(+bonuses).I stated and gave evidence of all these in my application.

If there is anyone who understands the workings of the Canadian Embassy, pls.advice me- what my chances are and what I need to do.
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by aydewale: 6:15am On Jun 22, 2008
Guys, please I still expect a response. God bless u all.
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by marydre: 7:54am On Jun 23, 2008
@ aydewale wat documents did u submit at the embassy, was your WAEC certificate included. want to be sure if one needs to submit it for a master program or just your degree certificate.
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by aydewale: 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2008
I always think it is better to be over prepared than to be under prepared. i Put in every imaginable certificate I had access to,
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by GoldCircle: 3:01pm On Jun 23, 2008
Dewale! Just relax! there is a strong chance that you'll be given the student visa. I am now to familiar with their processes as I have had cause to apply for this visa more than once in the past two years. If they didn't want to grant you this visa, your application would have been returned a long long time ago. Trust me! It is well!
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by Ezinwannem: 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2008
There is no cause for alarm. I think you will get it. it took about 8 weeks for them to get back to my cuzzin and when they got back to him, no interview rather, they asked him go and do medicals and bring back his passport to them. In what school did you get a full scholarship?
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2008
GoldCircle:

Dewale! Just relax! there is a strong chance that you'll be given the student visa. . . If they didn't want to grant you this visa, your application would have been returned a long long time ago. Trust me! It is well!

Just relax, there is nothing to worry about
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by aydewale: 6:25pm On Jun 24, 2008
Thanks,

I got worried cos you know most of my plans are 'hanging'. I however have strong faith that it would be positive. God bless you all.
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by mexycombs: 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2008
Hello,  Nairalander,  I have submitted my VISA application to the canadian embassy since 22 of may 2008 and till date 8 of June 2008, i have heard anything,  I have even called the embassy,  a guy picked up,  someone who i think recieved my application told me it takes about 3 months for the visa application to be completed,  i have until August to go to canada and start my schooling,  what do i do now? Do appear to the embassy? WHat are my chances of getting a visa?  I have plans and they are delayed,  coz of canadian embassy,  Am most confused,  also,  if i was asked for medicals,  can i go to any hospital or would i be directed to a particular hospital?
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by GoldCircle: 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2008
they've got a particular clinic they use somewhere around Yaba; think it's called Marien clinic. But you must get a notification from the CDHC before you proceed there for medicals. lets keep waiting and praying,

Cheerio!
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by BETA2MOROW: 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2009
i want to lodge my application ,my school is resuming by september 31st can i still submit by next week.thnks
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by hamzatafee: 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2009
guy,to say the fact, it is late !!!
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by BETA2MOROW: 11:35pm On Jul 04, 2009
thnks bro,but can i differ the admission to january 2010,or wht in other for me to have enough time to lodge the application,waiting for your response
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by deneks4: 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2010
aydewale:

Hi Nairalanders, I submitted my application for a study permit over 6 weeks ago at the Canadian Deputy High Commission and I have not heard anything yet? Is this cause for worry? I got full scholarship and I have a good job where I earn about 3 million a year(+bonuses).I stated and gave evidence of all these in my application.

If there is anyone who understands the workings of the Canadian Embassy, pls.advice me- what my chances are and what I need to do.

have u heard from them now, i will like to hear from u
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by timbercharles: 1:41am On Aug 15, 2010
I had the same problem too.  I got my admission letter and wanted to apply in August but i was told its late so i have to defer it till January . I emailed the Admission office to inform them on the situation report and  ask if it was possible to defer to January 2011.  I am still waiting for them  and hopefully i will get a good response from the school.

@aydewale, How far? Have you heard from the Embassy yet?  Please share Experience o

Please other Nairalanders with Experience should POST !
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by saidu1: 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2010
;d.
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by tomiwa17(m): 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2010
hello
please does anyone know if they have started issueing study permit for january 2011
thanks
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by chizquare: 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2011
hello
i am a 29 yr old medical doctor married to a 25 yr old nurse. i have an offer of a masters program in U of S.
i am preparing to apply for a study permit. however i intend taking my wife along. my sponsor is in order, i have a job that pays about 2m per annum. my wife takes about a third of that. we both have verifiable letters of references stating that our jobs will be available upon return. every other routine document is available
please advice me on this
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by anfanio: 1:02am On Mar 31, 2011
chizquare,
Post your questions under “General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries” and you will get responses faster. Meanwhile be more explicit with the followings, course of study or specialty, is your wife going to study also? Is your sponsor a person or a corporate body? Offer of masters program—what program and school?
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by chizquare: 7:20am On Mar 31, 2011
U of S is in SK, Canada. i am going for master of public health. my cousin is sponsoring me (individual not a cooperate body)
my wife is not going for study. i want her to travel with me as an accompany family member. what i need is a Canadian study permit which allows you to take your wife and children along if you have enough money to cater for them.
also i have a good travel history, dont know if it counts. i have been to the UK and have a 2yrs UK visiting visa running on my passport.
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by anfanio: 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2011
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. I hope we are on the same page now.
The probability is slim if you rely on a sponsor for the family, for you alone your chances are good. Why do you need a sponsor if you have enough for you and your family? Where is your sponsor now? Study visa with a family could be tough, do your research, there are better options which are family friendly.
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by chizquare: 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2011
@ anfanio
thank you for you response
the total cost of my 20 mths program is about $38,000. dont have that kind of savings thats why i need a sponsor. my cousin is sponsoring me ( same surname) proof of funds not a problem.
how soon can my wife join me if i travel alone coz i dont intend staying apart for too long
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by anfanio: 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2011
chizquare,
Where is your cousin?
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by chizquare: 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2011
@ anfanio
he lives in abuja. a public servant
he did his internship in canada a couple of yrs ago . he gave me copies of visa and passport data page for my application
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by anfanio: 2:59pm On Mar 31, 2011
If you can proof that the funds will be available for your tuition and living expenses (you/your family) for the duration of your stay, go for it. Remember the Canadian visa is by writing a good statement of purpose and let them see things your way. Sometimes they know and see the money is there, but they don't believe it will be used for the said purpose.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/assets/pdfs/visas/53_1_eng.pdf

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/assets/pdfs/visas/53_2_eng.pdf
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by chizquare: 3:36pm On Mar 31, 2011
thanks i have all the form filled and signed just trying to know more about my situation
i search for info on joining a spouse on a later date but didnt get any specifics
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by anfanio: 4:00pm On Mar 31, 2011
If you remain under sponsorship during your stay it might be difficult to get your spouse over, except if you get the same sponsor to agree to do same for your spouse. Let me do some research and get back to you.
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by chizquare: 6:58pm On Mar 31, 2011
anfanio
thanks in anticipation of your findings
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by chizquare: 11:23am On Jun 25, 2011
@afanio

bross, 3 months and no word from ur research again. abeg help a brother.
i applied alone. its my 8th week now , havnt heard from them
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by anfanio: 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2011
chizquare,
Let's cross this bridge first, then take it from there.
Re: The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: by chukie94: 7:13am On Jul 13, 2011
Hi, I submitted my application and since 5weeks now i haven't heard from em, do i need to panic or remain calm??im kinda nervous,

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria / Air Peace De-board Passenger For Asking Attendant To Translate To Igbo Language / Xenophobia: Nigerians Sing As They Board The Flight That Will Take Them Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.