Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others (20212 Views)

Judge Assigned To Remove Tambuwal Withdraws Citing Petition Against Him / Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! / Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by luluosas(m): 5:34am On Sep 18, 2013
Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others
September 18, 2013 at 1 :19 am
Written by Yusuf Alli
Plan will fail, say speaker’s supporters

THERE are plans to remove House of Representatives Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, source source said yesterday. The Presidency believes the House has been infiltrated by the G -7 governors and the Kawu Baraje faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
It has launched a counter -move to remove Tambuwal and other principal officers, The Nation learnt.
The Presidency stepped in following alleged moves to sack the House Leader, Mrs. Mulikat Adeola, who is pro - President Goodluck Jonathan.
Also, as part of the plot, the Bamanga Tukur- led PDP National Working Committee (NWC) yesterday called off its proposed meeting with the Speaker and the PDP caucus in
the House at the last minute.
According to sources, the Presidency was uncomfortable with the alleged romance between the Speaker and the G -7 governors/ Kawu Baraje faction.
It was gathered that the Presidency suspected that the G- 7 and the Kawu Baraje faction planned to join forces with the opposition to reduce PDP into the minority party in the House. It was learnt that the Presidency is acting on security
reports on covert plan by the House to impeach President Goodluck Jonathan or make governance difficult for him because of the 2015 election.
Read more at www.thenationonlineng.net/new/presidency-launches-plot-to-remove-tambuwal-others-2/
Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by eagleeye2: 5:46am On Sep 18, 2013
Siddon dey look.
Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by luluosas(m): 5:50am On Sep 18, 2013
eagle,eye:
Siddon dey look.
Na dog name jor.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by PaulJohn1: 6:15am On Sep 18, 2013
The presidency never wanted him Tambuwal as a speaker, neither did he become a speaker by the support of those loyal to Jonathan.
The APC reps and some PDP reps(same set of people against Jonathan) made him the speaker. Jonathan's supporters are too few and are the minority in the green chamber, which makes it impossible to impeach Tambuwal.

Jonathan better be careful because it might later backfire, just like he 'factionized' NGF which lead to 'factioning' of his PDP. In the long run it might not favor him.

Wetin even be my own sef?! undecided so far my governor is working, all is well.

47 Likes

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 18, 2013
GEJ the dicktator!

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by Danhumprey: 6:52am On Sep 18, 2013
I doubt if the principles of Separation of Power and Checks and Balances is being seriously adhere to in this supposedly 'federal' republic.

By the way,GEJ and his goons can keep dreaming that they can remove Tambuwal. They didn't imposed him as Speaker,so they shouldn't expect him to do their bidding. It's obvious that Tambuwal has the majority on his side and if the idea of impeachment is tinkered with,it is GEJ that would be impeached.

Desperation leads to Dishonour and Disgrace.

13 Likes

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 18, 2013
I doubt he has the numbers to remove Tambuwal, as we saw on TV yesterday,even his loyalists are still comfortable with tambawal and with APC having 137 members and new PDP with 57, the mainstream PDP and their allies in APGA/LP are about 160

1 Like

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by lokito: 7:07am On Sep 18, 2013
Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by lokito: 7:07am On Sep 18, 2013
Their plot will simply be an excercise in futility.

All these things going on in this country, at times if i want to blame GOD i just respect myself. How can God allow GEJ, OBJ, IBB, PHCN, PDP, ASUU, YERIMA, OPC, BOKO HARAM etc to be in ONE country.

E no dey good na, some should goto China

32 Likes

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 18, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by FrankC3: 7:45am On Sep 18, 2013
The events in the HoR has never bothered Aso Rock to the extent of 'plotting' to remove Tambuwal. If it were to be so, there were enough provocations following the events of January 2012 but the power pendulum in the NA is comfortably balanced off by the mature grip on the Senate by Mark. All the noise is part of 'Police stop Amaechi from entering government house' noise. Tell me exactly why the Presidency should be worried about House of Reps? Aso Rock has gotten every thing it wants from the National Assembly, even till tomorrow. Check the records.

For APC kids who are so keen to outsource 'opposition' to PDP members, this arrangement give them some false comfort. Tambuwal is a PDP man. He is just trying to be noticed and even more of a weak link for APC than for PDP, that is why born political strategists have never been bothered by his activities. Come 2015, Tambuwal will fall in line and support PDP candidate whom we all know who it will be should he decide to contest. PDP will still win ALL the electoral seats in Sokoto and most part of that axis and the power equation will still be balanced accordingly. The only losers here will be 'the politically sophisticated' who in an attempt to spite PDP, lost their representation in the top echelon of the Legislature leadership and are being given what they desire most - the opportunity to make noise, the very thing they are willing to spend fortune to get.

20 Likes

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by fiscalcliff: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2013
And ASUU still dey on strike O!
What a country

1 Like

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by Clerverly: 7:55am On Sep 18, 2013
Frank-C:
The events in the HoR has never bothered Aso Rock to the extent of 'plotting' to remove Tambuwal. If it were to be so, there were enough provocations following the events of January 2012 but the power pendulum in the NA is comfortably balanced off by the mature grip on the Senate by Mark. All the noise is part of 'Police stop Amaechi from entering government house' noise. Tell me exactly why the Presidency should be worried about House of Reps? Aso Rock has gotten every thing it wants from the National Assembly, even till tomorrow. Check the records.

For APC kids who are so keen to outsource 'opposition' to PDP members, this arrangement give them some false comfort. Tambuwal is a PDP man. He is just trying to be noticed and even more of a weak link for APC than for PDP, that is why born political strategists have never been bothered by his activities. Come 2015, Tambuwal will fall in line and support PDP candidate whom we all know who it will be should he decide to contest. PDP will still win ALL the electoral seats in Sokoto and most part of that axis and the power equation will still be balanced accordingly. The only losers here will be 'the politically sophisticated' who in an attempt to spite PDP, lost their representation in the top echelon of the Legislature leadership and are being given what they desire most - the opportunity to make noise, the very thing they are willing to spend fortune to get.

Deluded soul!

29 Likes

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by ichidodo: 7:57am On Sep 18, 2013
Leverage, all i see is leverage.
Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by buoye1(m): 8:42am On Sep 18, 2013
A. P C...................Winner

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by FunnyPikincom(m): 8:56am On Sep 18, 2013
It is Easier for a Donkey to Pass through the eye of a needle than for presidency to remove Speaker Tambuwal, Lets wait and see grin wink

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by Tolexander: 9:07am On Sep 18, 2013
No matter how big and full a tank is, a leak in the bottom will one day drain it.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by HoLEEsinner: 9:08am On Sep 18, 2013
Its like GEJ isn't the only drunkard here, even his loyalist and entire cabinet are all drunk, remove the speaker? I laugh in spanish, you think APC lawmakers ll allow you to impose on em, when its obvious that APC + NPDP are the majority. GEJ wake up from your slumber, all these won't help you or keep you in office till 2019 that's if you're still there till 2015, stop fighting wars you can't win. Make peace.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by Osoldier: 9:14am On Sep 18, 2013
luluosas: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others
September 18, 2013 at 1 :19 am
Written by Yusuf Alli
Plan will fail, say speaker’s supporters

THERE are plans to remove House of Representatives Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, source source said yesterday. The Presidency believes the House has been infiltrated by the G -7 governors and the Kawu Baraje faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
It has launched a counter -move to remove Tambuwal and other principal officers, The Nation learnt.
The Presidency stepped in following alleged moves to sack the House Leader, Mrs. Mulikat Adeola, who is pro - President Goodluck Jonathan.
Also, as part of the plot, the Bamanga Tukur- led PDP National Working Committee (NWC) yesterday called off its proposed meeting with the Speaker and the PDP caucus in
the House at the last minute.

Goodluck want to leave being the presedent.
According to sources, the Presidency was uncomfortable with the alleged romance between the Speaker and the G -7 governors/ Kawu Baraje faction.
It was gathered that the Presidency suspected that the G- 7 and the Kawu Baraje faction planned to join forces with the opposition to reduce PDP into the minority party in the House. It was learnt that the Presidency is acting on security
reports on covert plan by the House to impeach President Goodluck Jonathan or make governance difficult for him because of the 2015 election.
Read more at www.thenationonlineng.net/new/presidency-launches-plot-to-remove-tambuwal-others-2/

Goodluck want to leave that seat abi, ok let see
Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by Davo93(m): 9:17am On Sep 18, 2013
Lols... Naija politics getting messier *pikin wey talk say hin mama no go sleep, hin sef no go shine eyes till daybreak*
Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by Smooyis(m): 9:18am On Sep 18, 2013
How many people will GEJ fight in order to remain afloat?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 18, 2013
Easier said than done! grin
Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by Osoldier: 9:19am On Sep 18, 2013
lokito: Their plot will simply be an excercise in futility.

All these things going on in this country, at times if i want to blame GOD i just respect myself. How can God allow GEJ, IBB, PHCN, PDP, ASUU, YERIMA, OPC, BOKO HARAM etc to be in ONE country.

E no dey good na, some should goto China

The South East Forum (SEF) yesterday advocated a Southeast presidency in 2015.

It insisted that the only credible group that should talk of producing the next president is the Southeast people.

In a statement in Abuja yesterday by its Chairman, Louis Olube, the group said it would be a waste of time for anybody or group outside the Southeast to dream of producing the next president.

Olube said it was only the Igbo that have not got their share in the affairs of the country, including leadership position.

He said over the years all the Southeast got from successive administrations were nothing but promises.

“We the Igbo insist that come 2015, we must produce the next president because as one of the largest group in Nigeria, we are yet to have that sense of belonging.

“The time is now for the Southeast to produce the next president because already we are aware that there are moves for the presidency to move to other parts other than the Southeast after Jonathan.

“We will not allow it as our people are being sensitised not to vote for any party that fails to present an Igbo as its candidate in 2015,” he stated.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by kabba7(m): 9:23am On Sep 18, 2013
Jonathan is too small and weak to pull that throygh a man who can not provide the basic need of citizens !! He better not start what he cant finish.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by luluosas(m): 9:25am On Sep 18, 2013
Frank-C:
You are wrong friend. Do you still remember how Tambuwal became the Speaker of the House? Maybe a little research will do it for you.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by christiscomin: 9:25am On Sep 18, 2013
GEJ is becoming something else. His presidency is the worst thing that has ever happaned to Nigeria in recent years. He is occupied with his 2015 ambition, the country is on fire, he cares not, ASUU strike doesnt concern him.... is he not becoming a BADLUCK? Haven't i wasted my vote like this?

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 18, 2013
kabba7: Jonathan is too small and weak to pull that throygh a man who can not provide the basic need of citizens !! He better not start what he cant finish.

smh for you, How much did you sell your senses and eyes that you cant see the Good work of GEJ

1 Like

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by try69: 9:27am On Sep 18, 2013
*in the voice of t.b joshua* "I see a revolution, remember a protest is different from a revolution"..

What a country

1 Like

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 18, 2013
House of rep can't do shit without the National Assembly....
Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by chimchim1(m): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2013
emk4lif: I doubt he has the numbers to remove Tambuwal, as we saw on TV yesterday,even his loyalists are still comfortable with tambawal and with APC having 137 members and new PDP with 57, the mainstream PDP and their allies in APGA/LP are about 160
And wen it comes to impeachment GEJ's loyalist may support Tanbuwal in secret.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others by uken73(m): 9:34am On Sep 18, 2013
Wonderful. How is this supposed to happen? Same 16>19 mathematics?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senators Visit Atiku To Show Their Support For Saraki As Senate President (Pic) / I Have 90% Of The Governors On My Side, Only 1 Or 2 Are Unhappy~Oshiomole / Jonathan During State Visit To South-Africa (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.