Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,556 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Mobil Engineering Questions - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mobil Engineering Questions (3104 Views)

Mobil Graduate Interview Wed 10 Dec, 2014 / Mobil Interview / Exxon Mobil & Shell Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobil Engineering Questions by elowa: 2:09pm On Jun 21, 2008
hi guys, mobil has started calling out to engineering graduates for test and this seems to be a time to be our brother's keeper, so whoever that has done the engineering test before should post what they encountered during the test.
I wrote the civil engineering graduate test last year and they were more particular about water like bod, road construction, steel design and little about concrete design but they were all objectives. though i cant really remember all but people can shed more light. so hope people respond well to this from different discipline.
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by Sanni2: 12:09pm On Jun 23, 2008
I am also writing the skill test for Chemical engineering so please if u have any useful tips help out. We will be very grateful.
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by Uaifo: 1:40pm On Jun 23, 2008
I was also invited for the test. I studied Mechanical Engineering. Pls if there is anybody that knows the format of their questions , I would greatly appreciate it if u could assits me wit it.

Thanks.
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by jaybee3(m): 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2008
I doubt u guys will be able to find any info as per actual questions and stuffs.
I wrote the test in 06 "london" and from experience, you guys need to be very comfortable with engineering basics.
For electrical/electronics you will need to able to use Kirchoff's law, circuit diagrams interpretation and calculations. Skills test is by far the most challenging out of 3 as i was only used to being interviewed on design engineering questions rather than questions on things i did in first year of uni.
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by Makaay: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2008
@jaybee,
thank you for ur post. sould u pls elaborate more on the engineering basics u mentioned. also, what's the timing like? is it a race against time or accuracy test or both. please shed more light.
i studied chemical engineering,
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by Elon: 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2008
Hi guys I was also invited for the skills test. My source from Mobil said it is general aptitude test in which speed and accuracy is the objective.
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by Makaay: 2:27pm On Jun 23, 2008
@Elon,
what about the basic engineering aspect?
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by jaybee3(m): 2:31pm On Jun 23, 2008
Skills test,
how to calculate current flowing in a circuit that contains capacitors, inductors, resistors (they don't provide formula's so u must know hoe to derive them).
I think they asked questions on control systems as well (underdamped system, how to calculate unity gain et al).
Chemical engineering: i had a friend that attended with me and was shocked that asked for full meanings of some chemical engineering acroynms. They might also ask abt seperation techniques, process controls.

Numerical reasoning is fairly easy if you can do a lot of mental arithmetic

Verbal reasoning needs a lot of pratice.
You can get help on numerical and verbal from shl website or efinanical.co.uk

As for skills test, i will reiterate the fact that you need to be comfortable with elementary (things u did in first/second year) calculations in your main discipline.
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by Sanni2: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2008
jay bee and the other folks thanks so much for the info and please keep up the benevolent spirit. Pls any one that has useful info should please paste it. God bless you all.
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by amaechijay: 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2008
wAT QUESTIONS SHOULD CIVIL ENGINEERS EXPECT?WAS INVITED 4 THE TEST IN LAGOS ON THE 1ST OF JULY.
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by IFEBAY: 9:29am On Jun 24, 2008
good job my people,but then, this professional question section will be how many questions and what is the time allocation.again is it a multiple chioce question or essay
good luck for all
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by perfectgen(m): 3:30pm On Jun 24, 2008
I am also to take the test. For those who have done it before, Is there any test for Industrial Engineering? or do i have to take the Mechanical engineering test with them?
I dont think the question is out but I know that the format is GRE after which you will take the Engineering test.
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by mahatmaG: 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2008
What Test Format Should Petroleum Engineers expect?
I was also invited.
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by RipVanWink: 7:26am On Jun 30, 2008
what are the dates 4 the test?.

i was invited 4 the test on 6th in eko hotels, but cant make it,
anyone knows the dates 4 the next batch??

i hv written the mobil people abt a letting me write on a diff date, no reply 4rm dem yet
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by dualprince: 1:44am On Sep 18, 2012
mahatma G: What Test Format Should Petroleum Engineers expect?
I was also invited.

Please I will need ur help as regards wat to expect in d mobil pet engineering skill test... Pls share ur experience with me... Are there more calculations in d test? Which aspect of petroleum engineering was more represented? Pls help a bro by answering dese questions n others too can help me out. Thanks
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by chinedum45(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
I Love Exxonmobil and Chevron...pls hw do i apply for available vacancies?
Re: Mobil Engineering Questions by dualprince: 9:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
chinedum45: I Love Exxonmobil and Chevron...pls hw do i apply for available vacancies?

Always watchout 4 deir advert on job sites n will find their there... U can also search 4 their career website on google too.

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Graduates Can't Get Good Jobs / Masters In Information Technology (mit) Unilag / Urgent Recruitment For 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.