Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State (10238 Views)

Nigerians March In Support Of Troops Fighting Against Boko Haram / Govt Orders Withdrawal Of Troops From Mali. / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by victorazy(m): 10:57am On Sep 19, 2013
Akpa ife: Anybody way say him mama no go rest him no go rest

I pity nasarawa state becos Nigeria soldiers r nt smiling

Meaning "kill dem all?"shocked
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Megaflex(m): 10:57am On Sep 19, 2013
Why are this people giving mr president all this wahala? They are truly makin his regime ungovernable.
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by rawtruth(m): 11:37am On Sep 19, 2013
Wateron: Another terrorist group in the making. I just hope they can handle d situation professionally n tactically cos this is how boko haram started.

That was not how boko haram started; boko haram started with an ideology that accommodate nothing outside their belief system. They started by calling themselves the "Nigerian Talibans". They first robbed banks in Bama and attacked the police station there before the "helmet" clash between them and the police in Maiduguri town occurred- which degenerated into attacks on police formations in Maiduguri and environs, leading to the arrest and death of their leader, Yusuf, in police custody.

The "Ombatse" started as a response to the fulani invasion and killing of indigenous farmers across Nassarawa and other states in central Nigeria, which Eggons were one of fulani militia's major targets. To worsen the situation, the former governor of Nassarawa state, Alhaji Abdullahi Adamu, introduced a policy in 2006 ordering all Eggon people to relocate to Nassarawa Eggon local govt area of the state, wherever they were in the state. The aim of that policy was to make land available to fulanis and their herds of cattle who were moving into the area in search of greener pastures. Eggon took the matter to court and won up to the supreme court. Governor Al-Makura is continuing with the fulani-endorsed policies which seek to humiliate and alienate those who do not submit to the whims and caprices of of the "almighty Caliphate".

It should, therefore, not surprise observers of events in Nassarwa state that while the Ombatse issue occupies newspaper headlines and public discuss on the internet, the genocidal acts of fulanis against the Tivs and Eggons in the same Nassarawa South Senatorial District remain unreported. Presently, fulains are roaming free with their herds of cattle on the ruins of homes and farmlands abandoned by Tivs in Doma in the same Nassarawa state, and parts of Benue state. The Daily Trust Newspaper which reports the Ombatse attacks with relish does not report fulani militia attacks on communities. Where they do at all, they would say "unknown gunmen".

Fulanis have been using Alago people as tools against Tivs and Eggons since they intensified their forceful occupation drive in the state. Currently, eight Alago youths and one fulani boy who were caught red-handed by soldiers deep inside Benue state, through the help of youths, while burning Kurayemen village, where five persons were killed, are in prison custody in Makurdi for murder and arson. Alagos must realise that their destiny lies with their neighbours with whom they have been living before fulanis arrived this part of the country; not with those who seek to exploit through divide-and rule tactics.

Eggon people have responded to these developments with uncontrolled anger and indiscriminate violence that must now becloud the real issues and pitch them, instead, against security forces whom they wrongly vented their anger upon.

In all of this, fulanis will come out as the real winners as their malevolently insidious craft displays its manipulative tactics among the bickering negroid tribes of central Nigeria, and indeed Nigeria as a whole.

The federal govt must exercise wisdom in handling this crisis by taking holistic measures. The idea of allowing fulanis to graze on the ruins of abandoned homes and farms while the search for peace is on must be discountenanced, and attention should not be focused on Ombatse alone...if peace must return to the state.
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 19, 2013
teeo: I thought that in the time of democracy troops should be in the barracks and the police are to keep law and order. Retardeen seems not to know that one day these troops would eventually seize power from him.
d dumbest post i'v come across on NL in my >5yr sojourn here. If u wanna take a swipe @GEJ at least try to b brilliant abt it. Why didnt u whince when GEJ sent the military to fight boko haram instead of d police? Werent the military also supposd 2b in d barracks? *fucking retard*
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by 3ace(m): 11:39am On Sep 19, 2013
teeo: I thought that in the time of democracy troops should be in the barracks and the police are to keep law and order. Retardeen seems not to know that one day these troops would eventually seize power from him.
Ko sogbon to leda, kosi iwa to lewu, kosi ona to le mo, tole fi te aye lorun o. Don't blame him; the current terror going on in the country is beyond what police can contain. Besides, soldiers don't need such freedom for them to overthrow any government in the world.
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 19, 2013
For those calling for the police to do this job: are u ignorant history or u jus choose to be learners? Where did u hide urslfs when the police & SSS were SMASHED jus a few weeks ago by same militias? In social studies we're taught that the role of the police is to 'maintain' law & order and nt to counter terrorism scale agression. At least we dey watch '24', 'NIKITA', 'ALIAS' etc & we c d special anti-terror squads that handle such matas. Abi y didnt obama send FBI to apprehend Osama?
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by 3nairalandcom: 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
2pac Toronto: Let me tell you two solutions to national trouble viz:section1 of the constitution should be made subject to religion law,and section10 of the same book be remove,then there is a likely solutions to our problem.
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Ustec: 12:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
Ama28: When will all this stop. The violence in this nation is so much and growing by the day!
The painful part is that the both the victim and perpetrators are human and all casualties Nigerian,
I think peace and conflict resolution should be in our primary and secondary school curriculum and made compulsory.
Violence is just everywhere
. Social studies explain all dis in d junior secondary school curriculum...we don't hv good teachers,all dey do is just write and write for u 2 copy...I took ma time 2 read and understand those topics back den,..cos I knew I wil b a science student and might not hv the opportunity 2 b thought dos topics again...!d truth is some1 who actually knows what he/she is been thought in school will always find it difficult 2 associate hm/her self with bad gangs....or 2 b brainwash by 1 godfather...d standard and quality of the education sector(especially the public secondary schools)is d main problem...!
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by ronalmagic10(m): 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2013

You have shown the world with your comment that you are an ill-bred and a vulgar boor. Do you have to insult the president to convey your message.

People like you are making NL unattractive. Are the MODs on strike? Why is there a lot of effing and blinding going on in almost every thread I open.
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by humblesteve(m): 1:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
diva_tosin: The president is ontop of the situation. He has shown real guts in handling all the insecurity challenges sponsored by those sectional leaders seeking to govern this country. I trust GEJ's discretion. And with Maku as defence minister, you can be rest assured he will approach the restoration of peace in Nassarawa state with zeal and passion.
Clap for yourself!
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by motherofpearl: 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
This world na wa oo. wahala no dey finish ee!
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Nik77: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
jennyclaudio: Yes I said this man will do more in 2015.gej the peoples choice igbos ar behind deal wit all these useless hausas
Ur level of ignorance is pathetic. D Hausas are not involved in this crisis. Get some education please.
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by etim20(m): 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
Cheg-goon:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/09/18/president-jonathan-orders-immediate-deployment-of-troops-to-crisis-ridden-nasarawa-state/
Which area abeg cos me wan from Abuja enter nasarawa to go one biz,make I kukuma dey ♏γ̲̣̣̥ house b4 dis abokis go waste ♏γ̲̣̣̥ blood..
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
israel007: All these nasarawa people sef.
u be idiotttt duck fowl
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by lastmessenger: 12:13am On Sep 20, 2013
egift: So he had to wait for the opposition to speak before he will do something - Kindergarten Presido - Always on Reactionary Mode.
i marvel when we make such statement on nairaland.ok are u saying he should deploy troops when there is peace in the state?.dont be quick to judge gej.let me ask you a little question if u are the present of naija what stqategic would u take to make naija a better place?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alhassan Empowers 10,000 Women In Borno / Enugu Indigenes In Kogi Transfer Voters’ Cards For Ugwunayi’s Re-election / Uzodinma Marks 2nd Anniversary Of His Declaration As Governor By Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.